PDA

View Full Version : would you ever clone yourself

snapple
12-07-2006, 10:45 AM
or put a cloned organ in your body? how do you feel about clones....weird topic but it should be discussed....i rememember when dolly came out people were bugging....but now u hear nothing....didnt asia clone a human embryio?

Skellington
12-07-2006, 11:22 AM
The more of me, the better :) Hell on earth!!!
Endless mass orgies, sodomy, torment, everything, it would be a dream....

Gawd
12-07-2006, 11:22 AM
I dont think headless humans should be made in a lab to harvest organs.

maestro wooz
12-07-2006, 11:33 AM
i would use a cloned organ if my life was threatened without it but i would never clone myself and i'm against human cloning. We need to control ourselves and our technology before it becomes the death of us. We are not god.

Skellington
12-07-2006, 12:37 PM
Yes we are, we are god....

Dirty Knowledge
12-07-2006, 12:49 PM
I don't believe in scientists cloning people. I don't believe they will ever be able to do it 100 % correctly and try as they may, will always fuck something up in the process. Naturally, physically, it's not supposed to be done so I don't believe in cloning first of all being possible; and no, in case it was, I wouldn't. That's a weird concept though and thought.

WARPATH
12-07-2006, 01:55 PM
or put a cloned organ in your body? how do you feel about clones....weird topic but it should be discussed....i rememember when dolly came out people were bugging....but now u hear nothing....didnt asia clone a human embryio?

I would clone myself, but I don't think the world could handle another me.

g_flex
12-07-2006, 02:18 PM
cloning organs is better ...save lives

HANZO
12-07-2006, 02:45 PM
build myself a clone army.

My First Timbs
12-07-2006, 09:55 PM
I don't believe in scientists cloning people. I don't believe they will ever be able to do it 100 % correctly and try as they may, will always fuck something up in the process. Naturally, physically, it's not supposed to be done so I don't believe in cloning first of all being possible; and no, in case it was, I wouldn't. That's a weird concept though and thought.

greetings

forms of "human" cloning have been going on in the medical field for little over a decade now and we all benefit from it. whether its cultured skin cells to "grow" dermal layers or whether its a full blown organ.. the research is there and theory is rock solid.

ur standpoint "that its not supposed to be done" is a faulty one..... one could argue that humans "are not supposed to develop tylenol", or "humans are not supposed to develop technology used to create a functioning seatbelt".... etc etc.. its an ambiguos stance that applies to all that is unfamiliar (at the time of inception).
this standpoint basically boils down to an "anti human advancement" stance (where we get to pick and choose which forms of human and biological and technological advancement is "good")

I don't believe in cloning first of all being possible

its very possible and like it or not....all of us have experience with genetic cloning. everytime we purchase a plant or flower from a florist, we are contributing to the "science" of botanical cloning. (all botanical goods are genetic clones developed via clipping or nuclear transfer).

genetic cloning of human interest is just the natural step in our technological advancement that offers a multitude of benefit for mankind.

AcidPhosphate69
12-07-2006, 11:21 PM
I'd clone myself. I'd leave him here, so I can bail out on probie and be straight.

On the real though, I would. I'd roll with him all the time. I mean, I'd know how he thinks cuz he'd be me. It'd be like a super-twin brother. If the technology was ever perfected that is.

snapple
12-07-2006, 11:44 PM
^^ the clone would be a baby man do you know how the cloning process works? youd have a 19 year old age gap between u 2

the silencer
12-07-2006, 11:56 PM
I'd clone myself. I'd leave him here, so I can bail out on probie and be straight.

On the real though, I would. I'd roll with him all the time. I mean, I'd know how he thinks cuz he'd be me. It'd be like a super-twin brother. If the technology was ever perfected that is.
if this kind of cloning was possible i wood DEFINITELY do it...it wood be so fuckin fun to have another me (thinks the same stuff is funny, says the same stuff, listens to the same music, etc) as a friend...and i think we cood motivate each other...like i know what my shortcomings are and stuff so i cood try to fix them in the clone me and vice versa....

but if were talkin bout cloning like just taking a piece of my dna and making another me...so it just grows up and looks just like me or whatever then definitely NO...thats weird...what if he grew up in Germany or somethin???? we wood be totally diff people..

snapple
12-08-2006, 12:01 AM
if this kind of cloning was possible i wood DEFINITELY do it...it wood be so fuckin fun to have another me (thinks the same stuff is funny, says the same stuff, listens to the same music, etc) as a friend...and i think we cood motivate each other...like i know what my shortcomings are and stuff so i cood try to fix them in the clone me and vice versa....

but if were talkin bout cloning like just taking a piece of my dna and making another me...so it just grows up and looks just like me or whatever then definitely NO...thats weird...what if he grew up in Germany or somethin???? we wood be totally diff people..

i agree, but some belvie that everything with personality is in the genes, i disagree but who knows

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
12-08-2006, 12:31 AM
BUT WOULD IT HAVE A SOUL???

snapple
12-08-2006, 12:35 AM

fuck yo thats a really interesting question....

the silencer
12-08-2006, 12:54 AM
if were talkin about the kind of cloning where u just take ur DNA and grow another human out of it then yea i think itll have a soul..

its almost like havin a child...except it has the same exact DNA as you do..

think about it...what if u cloned urself then died...and the clone was given a diff name and grew up in a whole diff environment and shit...

its just a person that looks exactly like u did..but it wood be its own person with its own experiences, thoughts, feelings, etc...its not a fuckin robot..i think it wood definitely have its own soul

maestro wooz
12-08-2006, 12:57 AM
we need to control our technology before it controls us. I respect science but we can't expect people to act responsible with something like this. Growing flowers is different then growing humans.

abasi
12-08-2006, 02:19 PM
yeah i never understood the whole clone/soul thing
i always thought that any living bein has a soul

MsRzaRecTaH
12-08-2006, 02:46 PM

mhmm interesting and good question//

CHRONZ
12-08-2006, 02:52 PM
Sure, why not !

LHX
12-08-2006, 03:04 PM
it would have the potential to have just as much 'soul' as its creator

there is nothing wrong with cloning as long as it is done with respect

if it is done disrespectfully or with bad intentions, it will backfire

just like everything else

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
12-08-2006, 04:20 PM
if were talkin about the kind of cloning where u just take ur DNA and grow another human out of it then yea i think itll have a soul..

its almost like havin a child...except it has the same exact DNA as you do..

think about it...what if u cloned urself then died...and the clone was given a diff name and grew up in a whole diff environment and shit...

its just a person that looks exactly like u did..but it wood be its own person with its own experiences, thoughts, feelings, etc...its not a fuckin robot..i think it wood definitely have its own soul

WILL THAT SOUL BE A CLONED SOUL???

LHX
12-08-2006, 04:29 PM
is a child's soul a cloned soul?

the silencer
12-08-2006, 04:30 PM
WILL THAT SOUL BE A CLONED SOUL???

^^thats a pretty good and deep question..

what it gets down to is this: is a human being more than just the sum of his physical parts??

is the soul a creation of the chemistry of the mind (the brain) or is it something deeper than that...

i guess it depends on what u believe..

what i think is that it wood just be a brand new separate person with its own soul...why should it have the same soul as the clone??

if i clone myself and the clone is raised my evil serial killers with no hearts than my clone will grow up to be an evil motherfucker i guess.....but thats not my soul

CherChezLaMarauder
12-08-2006, 04:30 PM

that took someone long enough to bring up.

the silencer
12-08-2006, 04:33 PM
and if we wanna start gettin REALLY deep and crazy...

then what is a soul??

cuz some ppl think everything (ants, trees, grass, dogs) that is alive has a soul...

i dono..

my friend has three dogs...and all three of them have a real unique personality and its evident in their actions and they show diff kinds of emotion and shit....one of them is a girl whos like really quiet, and shy...but do they have a SOUL???? i dono

CherChezLaMarauder
12-08-2006, 04:38 PM
your soul is who you are. you think your arms, legs and torso or even your brain make who you are?

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
12-08-2006, 05:31 PM
WHAT about Animals like Apes and Dolphins and Elephants, Do they have SOULS???

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
12-08-2006, 05:33 PM
Just another question anyone seen that flick "The Island" it rasies some interesting questions about the soul and memory imprinting???

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
12-08-2006, 05:34 PM
is a child's soul a cloned soul?
No, but a child is not a clone a child is a mix of both parents

the silencer
12-08-2006, 06:10 PM
the child wood be a mix of the person being cloned's parents...

that came out kinda weird but i think u get what i mean..if i cloned myself its basically like my twin..

what is The Island?? i think i've heard of it..

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
12-08-2006, 06:23 PM
the child wood be a mix of the person being cloned's parents...

that came out kinda weird but i think u get what i mean..if i cloned myself its basically like my twin..

what is The Island?? i think i've heard of it..

The Island is a movie starring Ewen McGregor and Ms. Fuckable face Scarlett Johanssen

LHX
12-08-2006, 06:24 PM
we have had the discussion about soul before

the questions are:

what is it?
and
where is it located?

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
12-08-2006, 06:25 PM
Location = Mind

LHX
12-08-2006, 06:28 PM

a clone is a mix of parents - its just a different form

part human part mathematics

there is still the process of fertilization and a nurturing environment

and obviously - a clone would develop different properties as it finds itself in a different situation from you

(ie - a clone could never be 'just like you' because you were not cloned)

LHX
12-08-2006, 06:30 PM
Location = Mind
and the mind is located in the head?

the entire nervous system?

outside the nervous system?

snapple
12-08-2006, 07:04 PM
i've owned 2 dogs before, and from that expereince i definilty beleive animals do in fact have souls.

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
12-08-2006, 08:40 PM
and the mind is located in the head?

the entire nervous system?

outside the nervous system?

Fourth Density

Its a collective of physical and mental??

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
12-08-2006, 08:43 PM
greetings

forms of "human" cloning have been going on in the medical field for little over a decade now and we all benefit from it. whether its cultured skin cells to "grow" dermal layers or whether its a full blown organ.. the research is there and theory is rock solid.

ur standpoint "that its not supposed to be done" is a faulty one..... one could argue that humans "are not supposed to develop tylenol", or "humans are not supposed to develop technology used to create a functioning seatbelt".... etc etc.. its an ambiguos stance that applies to all that is unfamiliar (at the time of inception).
this standpoint basically boils down to an "anti human advancement" stance (where we get to pick and choose which forms of human and biological and technological advancement is "good")

its very possible and like it or not....all of us have experience with genetic cloning. everytime we purchase a plant or flower from a florist, we are contributing to the "science" of botanical cloning. (all botanical goods are genetic clones developed via clipping or nuclear transfer).

genetic cloning of human interest is just the natural step in our technological advancement that offers a multitude of benefit for mankind.

This reminds me of the Movie Gattica

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
12-08-2006, 08:43 PM
a clone is a mix of parents - its just a different form

part human part mathematics

there is still the process of fertilization and a nurturing environment

and obviously - a clone would develop different properties as it finds itself in a different situation from you

(ie - a clone could never be 'just like you' because you were not cloned)

a clone is identicle down to the genetic code..similar to twins

LHX
12-08-2006, 08:59 PM
physically identical at a point in time does not work out to be identical in the future

its a important element that needs to be acknowledged

there is a difference between a 30 yr old male who grew up wiff a mom and dad

and a 30 yr old male who came out of a lab

--thats a pretty dramatic difference

its widely acknowledged that adopted kids and orphans go thru different shit than 'conventional' upbringings

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
12-08-2006, 09:03 PM
understood...so can we say a clone would be sterile and void of emotion??

LHX
12-08-2006, 09:09 PM
its hard to tell

the only way to know would be to try it

if we loved it from the early stages, maybe it would be well adjusted

you know

take him to the park
let him play in the jungle gym like a real boy

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
12-08-2006, 10:09 PM
...animals have been cloned and what have we learned

side note* chemically created nutrients in todays foods are not absorbed in our bodies, they turn to sugars.

LHX
12-08-2006, 10:31 PM
you dont know what the effects of words and social pressures are on a animals brain

i mean - thats the only issue here, right?

thats what Frankenstein is all about

we might be able to build it, but heaven help us if it decides that it hates us and wants to kill everything

your observation about food is accurate

we try to make things that mimic nature, but they break down/decay/turn hollow

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
12-09-2006, 12:24 AM
well I guess we place a cloned fertilized egg into a woman and go from there..

LHX
12-09-2006, 07:18 AM
its still more fun to do it the old fashioned way

hectis
12-09-2006, 10:47 AM

i would never clone myself but use a clone organ well maybe

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
12-09-2006, 03:03 PM
I'd clone myself and use my clone to take care of all the chores and errands..then I could enjoy my wife and children more with the free time

LHX
12-09-2006, 03:05 PM
I'd clone myself and use my clone to take care of all the chores and errands..then I could enjoy my wife and children more with the free time

lol

thats the problem homie - how would your clones feel about that?

them motherfuckers will feel oppressed and start plottin to shank you in your sleep and replace you

snapple
12-09-2006, 03:07 PM
well if you have a clone you would have to raise it...you cant clone someone and have them just start at being an adult, they come out as a newborn baby....

7EL7
12-09-2006, 04:20 PM
your children are your clones

when you are old and can't walk no more

your treatment of your clones shows up to kick you in your wrinkly ass or it shows up to wipe it for you

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
12-10-2006, 03:05 AM
your children are your clones

when you are old and can't walk no more

your treatment of your clones shows up to kick you in your wrinkly ass or it shows up to wipe it for you
Respect