PDA

View Full Version : Divorce In America

CherChezLaMarauder
12-07-2006, 02:24 PM
The reason why I say in USA is because:

1) culture and lifestyle plays a big part

2) I live in USA:

everybody blabs out "50% end in divorce"..but it's more like 40% with obviously higher %age amongst the younger crowd. People say "well they were too young to get married" etc. But that's b.s., since the beginning of humanity couples got married at an early age and lived "happily ever after". I wanted to share and absorb the contributions of high divorce rates nowadays, and i think the way of american life and how it's evolved plays a huge part; women gaining independence, men feeling threatned, sex exposed on television more, financial stress, genes etc.

No joke, 3 out of 4 people i know in FL are divorced.......OUCH!

Dirty Knowledge
12-07-2006, 02:26 PM
Marriage is not taken seriously anymore.

Gawd
12-07-2006, 02:27 PM
I gawt married when I was 21 and my wife was 20. So far 5 and a half years and we are still married............My mom and dad have been married for like 40 years. They gawt married real young too.

CherChezLaMarauder
12-07-2006, 02:37 PM
Marriage is not taken seriously anymore.

I don't think it's a matter of not taking it seriously (except hollywood celebrities), but rather than people thinking "LOVE" will save the day which is totally wrong.

Gawd
12-07-2006, 02:38 PM
Its a partnership....it has to be an even partnership. or it will not work

WARPATH
12-07-2006, 02:50 PM
The reason why I say in USA is because:

1) culture and lifestyle plays a big part

since the beginning of humanity couples got married at an early age and lived "happily ever after".!

That's not true at all. It's different, for different cultures-

I mean just because a couple stays together doesn't mean they're happy.

For most cultures though, people that stay together for a long time are looked up to.

That's what marrige should be though. If people aren't happy they should just seprate. People change.

Gawd
12-07-2006, 08:04 PM
I believe that once Children are involved that the family cannot split up unless for obvious reasons of cheating etc. Problems can be worked out. People become selfish and think they are unhappy with their spouse so they will just leave and the children are left to suffer in a sense. Once children are involved then the adults wishes and happiness is not needed but rather the happiness of the child. do what is right for the child. dont be selfish and do what is right for you. assholes. lawls.

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
12-07-2006, 08:10 PM
We're happy been married for 8 years now

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
12-07-2006, 08:10 PM
P.S. the divorce rate is so high in florida because ya'll a bunch of sluts out there...

Gawd
12-07-2006, 08:12 PM
fucking floridian slut monkeys.......* spits at ground

WARPATH
12-07-2006, 09:58 PM
I believe that once Children are involved that the family cannot split up unless for obvious reasons of cheating etc. Problems can be worked out. People become selfish and think they are unhappy with their spouse so they will just leave and the children are left to suffer in a sense. Once children are involved then the adults wishes and happiness is not needed but rather the happiness of the child. do what is right for the child. dont be selfish and do what is right for you. assholes. lawls.

It could be even more stressful on the children, if the couple stays together too.

Gawd
12-07-2006, 10:41 PM
It could be even more stressful on the children, if the couple stays together too.

i dont suggest that couples stay together and continue on the path to divorce. i do think that there are better options to resorting to a divorce.
one would be to seek therapy for couples. communication workshops etc etc. thats a social program id like to see.....anyway....most arguments imo are simply immature by topic. its a partnership. and couples need to understand that. once you have a family, once you are married it is no longer about you. at all. it is not about your whole. you and your girl. you and your wife and your children. a whole. and the most important part of that whole are the children and their feelings and their rearing. people now a days are too selfish imo. they are simply concerned with themselves.

snapple
12-08-2006, 12:18 AM
americans do not understand what marriage is anymore thats the problem, they think it's just a stage of life, when really it's an extrmeley sacred and spiritual soul binding event. many people just get married as if it is some kind of trend.

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
12-08-2006, 01:25 AM
it takes a lot of selflessness by both husband and wife to raise a family

abasi
12-08-2006, 09:41 AM
americans do not understand what marriage is anymore thats the problem, they think it's just a stage of life, when really it's an extrmeley sacred and spiritual soul binding event. many people just get married as if it is some kind of trend.

i kind of agree with you on this one
in america society is backwards
they preach that man and woman should be together in holy matrimony
but as soon as i turn on the tv or radio i hear snd see things like
women shakin their asses men calling women hoes women golddiggin
etc.

if people want change for anything society has to change
but that will never happen because of money

another thing that is backwards is the stop smoking ads
but tobacco continues to be sold and is a top money maker

Gawd
12-08-2006, 10:39 AM
it takes a lot of selflessness by both husband and wife to raise a family

indeed.

Skellington
12-08-2006, 10:53 AM
People here are becomming smart, less people are getting maried.
Why do people get maried anyway? To prove a point? here I love you, let's put it on paper, get a nice lil' ring? Fuck that....

Anyway, about 60% of maried couples divorce here, and it's growing.

Gawd
12-08-2006, 10:56 AM
People are so used to the idea of marriage I think because its kinda been a tradition for like centuries?

Skellington
12-08-2006, 11:22 AM
I hate maried people, I call them people with no self-confidence what so ever.

Gawd
12-08-2006, 11:24 AM
Im married. I have plenty of self confidence.

J-Cee
12-08-2006, 01:53 PM
whatevers best i think..my parents got divorced when i was younger..they got split up cause they would argue like a muthafucka all the time and i think it was better for us not to see that but be able to see both our parents happy..

J-Cee
12-08-2006, 01:54 PM
man my uncle and aunt have been together for 30 years and they never got married ..they didnt seem the need for it..

Skellington
12-08-2006, 02:19 PM
Im married. I have plenty of self confidence.

That's what you think.
Why did you mary? To prove a point probable.
Don't tell me cause it's romantic.
You might say "out of money issues" and that would be a pretty honest answer.

Gawd
12-08-2006, 02:27 PM
That's what you think. I think I have self confidence? yes i think so.
Why did you mary? Because I love my wife more than anyone else on the planet. and marriage is a tradition and what we chose to do. we will never get divorced. To prove a point probable. what point?
Don't tell me cause it's romantic.
You might say "out of money issues" and that would be a pretty honest answer.

look at mr inspector here.....lawls. money issues? puhleez dood. why would i get married for anything else other than Love?

Skellington
12-08-2006, 02:34 PM
Hmm, you know, I hear tons of people say "we will never divorce", I laugh and spit at them, and they do not whipe of my soliva but return it to me as proof of my statement.
Sure there might be some couples who actually survive the lie of marriage...
But probable only those who did not mary for church, infront of a so called god, a man who nailed his own son to a cross.
I do not need to get married to prove I love my woman, that's being strong, both feet on the ground, no ring to push me out of ballance.

Gawd
12-08-2006, 02:42 PM
Sure thing dood.

Alesco
12-08-2006, 02:58 PM
Its 50 50 man.

It goes both weays

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
12-08-2006, 04:08 PM
People here are becomming smart, less people are getting maried.
Why do people get maried anyway? To prove a point? here I love you, let's put it on paper, get a nice lil' ring? Fuck that....

Anyway, about 60% of maried couples divorce here, and it's growing.

You are missing the point its not to prove anything...its a commitment you are making

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
12-08-2006, 04:09 PM
in actuality getting married fucks up ya money, you are taxed more..thats the one thing i disagree with

MsRzaRecTaH
12-08-2006, 04:39 PM
I am never getting married.

CherChezLaMarauder
12-08-2006, 05:13 PM
lol the youth spitting bitterness and/or ignorance. Marriage is another form of symbolism, a symbol of friendship..a symbol of trust..a symbol of 2 spirts uniting into one...lust, finanace and all other forms of negativity are blessings in diguise..for when you and that special other one are able to overcome all odds and obstacles, you are truly blessed..and that what marriage is all about... that 40% just don't get it.

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
12-08-2006, 05:18 PM
I am never getting married.

never say never

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
12-08-2006, 05:19 PM
lol the youth spitting bitterness and/or ignorance. Marriage is another form of symbolism, a symbol of friendship..a symbol of trust..a symbol of 2 spirts uniting into one...lust, finanace and all other forms of negativity are blessings in diguise..for when you and that special other one are able to overcome all odds and obstacles, you are truly blessed..and that what marriage is all about... that 40% just don't get it.

when marauder1 posts like this I often think his significant other is actually posting not him

MsRzaRecTaH
12-08-2006, 09:15 PM
because being a tease is your lifes mission......
Nah not even.. u dont know what mission in life is.. so hush!

never say never

very true.