PDA

View Full Version : New Proposal for the Secret of Life

LHX
12-10-2006, 09:23 AM
So after years of whatever, this is the best I can come up with at this point:

The 'Secret' of 'Life' (or however you want to refer to this experience) is this:

There is a 'flow of nature'
You can temporarily disrupt this 'flow of nature' and send it in a different direction (other than how it was moving before).
When you do this, it gives you a temporary illusion of control.
Eventually the pressure builds and pops whatever it is that was causing the disruption and the flow of nature is restored.

This can be repeated or not depending on how you feel.

Ill prolly refine this later.

Enjoy.

Please feel free to bash or dismantle.

7EL7
12-10-2006, 11:53 AM
i'm in control of everything if i only take in what i want and need and don't let it grow out of control

Prince Rai
12-10-2006, 01:24 PM
i'm in control of everything if i only take in what i want and need and don't let it grow out of control

so you have a lot of controlling to do. control is not consistent considering human erracy, thus may we inadvertedly "take in" things and by accident let it grow into unchartered territory?

7EL7
12-10-2006, 01:28 PM
your reality is built by your thoughts until someone with another thought comes and snatches you up, and makes you do what they say

then your thoughts are limited to "how can i get outa this place"

and if you cannot get out of that place the next best thoughts to have is this

http://www.blackls1ta.com/tiara/TiaraKnit_Anime.gif

soft round brown wet heaven

Prince Rai
12-10-2006, 01:31 PM
So after years of whatever, this is the best I can come up with at this point:

The 'Secret' of 'Life' (or however you want to refer to this experience) is this:

There is a 'flow of nature'
You can temporarily disrupt this 'flow of nature' and send it in a different direction (other than how it was moving before).
When you do this, it gives you a temporary illusion of control.
Eventually the pressure builds and pops whatever it is that was causing the disruption and the flow of nature is restored.

This can be repeated or not depending on how you feel.

Ill prolly refine this later.

Enjoy.

Please feel free to bash or dismantle.

Tao

you are right LHX, there is a "flow of nature" perhaps a flow "in" nature even, separating a facet of nature with something totally independent. :)

essentially, what you outlined gives rise to serious aspects in life, attributes in life, which can help us guide our own selves.

What i take from your post, or at least, what i can "re-highlight" in my head somewhere, is that BALANCE is very important in our life spans.

whatever we may want to do in life can be done. the result or the ultimate depth of a result depends on the way we balanced the means of achieving it. Has a YIN and a YANG complimented each other?

Prince Rai
12-10-2006, 01:33 PM
your reality is built by your thoughts until someone with another thought comes and snatches you up, and makes you do what they say

then your thoughts are limited to "how can i get outa this place"

and if you cannot get out of that place the next best thoughts to have is this

http://www.blackls1ta.com/tiara/TiaraKnit_Anime.gif

soft round brown wet heaven

thats true, our reality is confined to what we already know, somebody knowing more can intrude our space.

i suppose a soft round brown wet heaven is a safe bet to keep as reality.

and hey she damnn hot !!:9

LHX
12-10-2006, 01:45 PM
what if it is the inverse of 'what we know'
and
our perspective is a demonstration of how much we have forgotten

something can only make you 'do what they say' if they can make you scared or instill desire or implant some sort of robot in you

zeppelin2k
12-10-2006, 01:55 PM
what if it is the inverse of 'what we know'
and
our perspective is a demonstration of how much we have forgotten

something can only make you 'do what they say' if they can make you scared or instill desire or implant some sort of robot in you

that makes no sense

you are saying what we know is shaped by what we dont know, you can say what we dont know is shaped by what we do know then

there is no "secret" to life, you are only bound by what your mind is physically bound to

if you want to move beyond that, you will need to move beyond the physical world, some people say they can do this through meditation or whatever, but the only way you will know whether this is true is if you can experience it yourself

as for your life, everyone makes their own life, through the decisions they make everyday

LHX
12-10-2006, 02:12 PM
that makes no sense

you are saying what we know is shaped by what we dont know, you can say what we dont know is shaped by what we do know then

there is no "secret" to life, you are only bound by what your mind is physically bound to

if you want to move beyond that, you will need to move beyond the physical world, some people say they can do this through meditation or whatever, but the only way you will know whether this is true is if you can experience it yourself

as for your life, everyone makes their own life, through the decisions they make everyday
i agree there is no secret

its hard to find the best words for the situation

everyone makes their own life thru the decisions they make - but who taught you to make your decisions?

did you get to choose that?

my hunch is no
(and there in lies the problem)

7EL7
12-10-2006, 03:10 PM
thats true, our reality is confined to what we already know, somebody knowing more can intrude our space.

i suppose a soft round brown wet heaven is a safe bet to keep as reality.

and hey she damnn hot !!:9

they don't have to know more, they just have to make their desire to cause mischief manifest

zeppelin2k
12-10-2006, 04:58 PM
i agree there is no secret

its hard to find the best words for the situation

everyone makes their own life thru the decisions they make - but who taught you to make your decisions?

did you get to choose that?

my hunch is no
(and there in lies the problem)

well you can then argue that we taught ourselves or that something was instilled within us

if you read work by frege, russell, or wittgenstein; they tried to define logic at its most bare core, and tried to show how we gain knowledge or how we attribute things as having meaning

if you want to break that down more you can ask where did this system come from

then you get back to is it nature or a higher being
then you can ask where the higher being came from
and you can go on forever
inifinite regress

LHX
12-10-2006, 06:06 PM
well you can then argue that we taught ourselves or that something was instilled within us

if you read work by frege, russell, or wittgenstein; they tried to define logic at its most bare core, and tried to show how we gain knowledge or how we attribute things as having meaning

if you want to break that down more you can ask where did this system come from

then you get back to is it nature or a higher being
then you can ask where the higher being came from
and you can go on forever
inifinite regress

not necessarily man

im not familiar with frege or russell, but i know that a major flaw in wittgenstein is that he didnt study the effects and use of symbols and language enough to come to any real conclusions about 'logic'

i dont like to drop names, but McLuhan and Derrida both gave me reason to believe that we are operating at a disadvantage when we enter into a situation that operates based on certain fundamental flaws

its not clear or easy, but to pass it off as 'something that goes on forever' is a bad generalization

thats like deciding not to follow a path to paradise because the hill looks too steep at first glance

(not that i know anything about paradise - thats just a example)

srsly tho - it is possible to trace back where this system came from - and even tho you may not be able to come up with any DEFINITE answers, you would know what the answer could NOT be and/or might be

Kriszy Substance
12-10-2006, 06:34 PM
I would somewhat agree with what you said LHX...about the flow. What I see/feel is a flow and the best term I could put on that flow would be truth. Of course love comes with that, because for me, love and truth go hand in hand sort of. I swear, I am reminded of this flow that is partnered with truth constantly. Like just the other day...I has stayed up too late and didnt want to go to work the next day...so I called my office and said I was sick. It was a lie, a small one, but sure as shit 2 days later I get fucking sick with the exact symptons that I had described in my lie. I can give countless examples like that. In my experience, the more truth I give, the better I feel.

Another thing I concentrate on is: "to take it as I get it". I was getting ready to play a show a few years back, it was an important one. My band was opening for The Misfits. I was psyched. Then I had some technical problems with my drum set up and I was pissed. It couldnt be fixed, but ultimately it was something I could work with. However, I was being a negative bitch and allowing a minor problem to ruin what should be a great day. SO, we had an hour or so to kill before we had to play and headed across the street to a gas station to pick up a few things. I was still pissy. I go to the register and pay for my shit and say thank you to the cashier, but he doesnt say "your welcome" or any typical shit a cashier would say. He looked me straight in the eye, a look I wont forget, and simply said "take it as you get it". I started to think about it, how odd he said it, and how odd it was THAT he said that. Long story short. I took it as I got it, said fuck it and put my happy face back on. It was probably one of the best shows I've ever had. I'm not talking a "bend over" type take it as you get it. You cant just "take" everything that comes your way. But I think it's key to learn how to deal with the cards you've been dealt. It's too easy to get stuck doggy paddling in the ocean of poor me.

Not sure any of that really applies. But I felt like saying something, for some reason, in this thread. Really, I dont know shit. Thats about all I really do know. So is that video or whatever it is that someone posted in "The Secret" thread really worth watching? Should I spend the time to check it out?

LHX
12-10-2006, 06:53 PM
I would somewhat agree with what you said LHX...about the flow. What I see/feel is a flow and the best term I could put on that flow would be truth. Of course love comes with that, because for me, love and truth go hand in hand sort of. I swear, I am reminded of this flow that is partnered with truth constantly. Like just the other day...I has stayed up too late and didnt want to go to work the next day...so I called my office and said I was sick. It was a lie, a small one, but sure as shit 2 days later I get fucking sick with the exact symptons that I had described in my lie. I can give countless examples like that. In my experience, the more truth I give, the better I feel.
a guilty conscience can manifest physically - no doubt

the opposite is also true tho these days it seem more difficult to employ that

Another thing I concentrate on is: "to take it as I get it". I was getting ready to play a show a few years back, it was an important one. My band was opening for The Misfits. I was psyched. Then I had some technical problems with my drum set up and I was pissed. It couldnt be fixed, but ultimately it was something I could work with. However, I was being a negative bitch and allowing a minor problem to ruin what should be a great day. SO, we had an hour or so to kill before we had to play and headed across the street to a gas station to pick up a few things. I was still pissy. I go to the register and pay for my shit and say thank you to the cashier, but he doesnt say "your welcome" or any typical shit a cashier would say. He looked me straight in the eye, a look I wont forget, and simply said "take it as you get it". I started to think about it, how odd he said it, and how odd it was THAT he said that. Long story short. I took it as I got it, said fuck it and put my happy face back on. It was probably one of the best shows I've ever had. I'm not talking a "bend over" type take it as you get it. You cant just "take" everything that comes your way. But I think it's key to learn how to deal with the cards you've been dealt. It's too easy to get stuck doggy paddling in the ocean of poor me.

misery loves company
and a lot of people will play the role of victim until it becomes clear that nobody/thing will come and lift them up except themself

the ocean of poor me is a big ass ocean

larger than the pacific

Not sure any of that really applies. But I felt like saying something, for some reason, in this thread. Really, I dont know shit. Thats about all I really do know. So is that video or whatever it is that someone posted in "The Secret" thread really worth watching? Should I spend the time to check it out?
humble is divine

that movie was worth checking - maybe a little sensational and pretty strong on the 'new age' tip, but the message was solid

definitely a positive message

zeppelin2k
12-10-2006, 09:40 PM
not necessarily man

im not familiar with frege or russell, but i know that a major flaw in wittgenstein is that he didnt study the effects and use of symbols and language enough to come to any real conclusions about 'logic'

i dont like to drop names, but McLuhan and Derrida both gave me reason to believe that we are operating at a disadvantage when we enter into a situation that operates based on certain fundamental flaws

its not clear or easy, but to pass it off as 'something that goes on forever' is a bad generalization

thats like deciding not to follow a path to paradise because the hill looks too steep at first glance

(not that i know anything about paradise - thats just a example)

srsly tho - it is possible to trace back where this system came from - and even tho you may not be able to come up with any DEFINITE answers, you would know what the answer could NOT be and/or might be

I agree that we shouldnt give up
in fact if you check up on gottlob frege or bertrand russell you can find that they actually developed systems that defined knowledge (frege is the father of modern logic, before him was the aristotilean method of logic which was kindergarten compared to what frege's model could interpret)

those systems brought us a bit closer to finding out how knowledge works, but what I am saying is that even if we find out how we understand knowledge, we wont find any "secret" to life, everything we are capable of understanding is in front of us, its not really a secret, as time goes by we will continue to figure things out. one problem though that I find is that a lot of stuff that should be out in the open knowledge-wise, is being supressed by the "authorities" there is a lot of knowledge about the "metaphysical" and abstract that I think we already have the answers to, we're just not being given the answers

but back to the concrete side of things, if you read up on frege, he develops a pretty clear way to demonstrate how we can know anything, by defining a number in a single equation

and I also dont like name-dropping, but thats the only way people will be able to read up on resources, no point in people trying to unsuccessfully repeat a genius's life's work when they can just read about it, even if it IS just concisely

I think people put too much into "spritiual" answers that are just pounded into them, that they lose sight of the fact that this "higher knowledge" isnt exclusive to prophets and messiahs, but it can be figured out by everyone, you just need to stop closing yourself into one mode of thought

LHX
12-10-2006, 10:14 PM
I agree that we shouldnt give up
in fact if you check up on gottlob frege or bertrand russell you can find that they actually developed systems that defined knowledge (frege is the father of modern logic, before him was the aristotilean method of logic which was kindergarten compared to what frege's model could interpret)

those systems brought us a bit closer to finding out how knowledge works, but what I am saying is that even if we find out how we understand knowledge, we wont find any "secret" to life, everything we are capable of understanding is in front of us, its not really a secret, as time goes by we will continue to figure things out.
agreed

one problem though that I find is that a lot of stuff that should be out in the open knowledge-wise, is being supressed by the "authorities" there is a lot of knowledge about the "metaphysical" and abstract that I think we already have the answers to, we're just not being given the answers

i dont know if it is that answers are being held back
but
there are mechanisms in place that make sure that we arent motivated or encouraged to find answers

i do see where you are coming from

but back to the concrete side of things, if you read up on frege, he develops a pretty clear way to demonstrate how we can know anything, by defining a number in a single equation

does he discuss the use of language and symbols?

have you heard of 'Maybe Logic'?

and I also dont like name-dropping, but thats the only way people will be able to read up on resources, no point in people trying to unsuccessfully repeat a genius's life's work when they can just read about it, even if it IS just concisely
acknowledged

I think people put too much into "spritiual" answers that are just pounded into them, that they lose sight of the fact that this "higher knowledge" isnt exclusive to prophets and messiahs, but it can be figured out by everyone, you just need to stop closing yourself into one mode of thought

i agree with that 100%

and i think a lot of the threads i start are in effort to try and determine why exactly it is that people find that so difficult to wrap their heads around

like you said - the answer is right in front of the face
but somehow it has become complicated to interpret it

the thing you said earlier that 'makes no sense' was one such attempt:
rather than taking the stance that somebody 'learns things' and moves thru the world, perhaps it would make more sense to say that a child is born knowing everything, and then learns to move and think in certain repetitive ways that cause them to forget a lot of shit

and so when we stumble upon these 'great insights', it is actually only a matter of remembering what we already knew

consider 'the discovery of america' or 'discovery of electricity' -- it was already there

we didnt learn it

it just drifted back to our awareness

the other complication has almost entirely to do with the flaws inherent in communication

something gets lost in the translation between knowledge --> brain --> thought -->symbol --> word --> output

and then into the next persons system of perception

the world as it exists in words in symbols is not the same world as the one we see

zeppelin2k
12-10-2006, 10:57 PM
the question about whether russell and frege define the relations between language and symbols: yes, thats their main focus, they try and relate the world of symbols to how we came to express it through language, but they were mathematicians so they first try and relate it to numbers, which then they tried to relate it to linguistics

and as for when I said makes no sense, it just seemed that you were saying something akin to "x exists and x doesnt exist", which may be possible, but we as humans are not capable of wrapping our heads around that, at least not physically

overall I think as long as people are questioning things and trying to understand, its good, I think arguing, debating, discussion, whatever you want to call it, is one of the greatest gifts and tools we as humans have. even if we disagree, there is always knowledge to be gained through the spread and exchange of ideas, even if they are in conflict. if there is any "secret of life" it seems that it is simply the secret that everyone is privy to, but chooses to ignore, we all have the ability to gain and spread knowledge, yet we're caught up in materialism ro petty difference, i.e.) religion splits people apart, yet every religion is essentially the same

when you leave from this world, all you have is your memories

"we all live like we die, alone"- forgot who said this and its paraphrased, but thats the illest knowledge someone has dropped right up there with
"dont do anything for anyone and expect something for it, do thing because you want to"
- G. Rybka

the silencer
12-11-2006, 12:56 PM

damn Krizsy u gotta hang around KTL more often...that was a great post..

very well said..

and that vid "The Secret" is cool....definitely worth watchin.....theres a little bit of like sensationalism (if thats a word) involved in the way it was put together....but the message is dope

the silencer
12-11-2006, 01:06 PM
last night i smoked incredible weed...the best ive had in a while, maybe ever...

and i came home and it was mad late n i had to get up early but my brain was just buggin out and i kept thinkin of CRAZY insightful thoughts so i actually got outta bed and started scribblin thoughts and ideas to think about in this notebook...

im takin a long nap in a few minutes and then later tonight im gonna have some posts i want u all to peep n think about....

PEACE

zeppelin2k
12-11-2006, 01:35 PM
last night i smoked incredible weed...the best ive had in a while, maybe ever...

and i came home and it was mad late n i had to get up early but my brain was just buggin out and i kept thinkin of CRAZY insightful thoughts so i actually got outta bed and started scribblin thoughts and ideas to think about in this notebook...

im takin a long nap in a few minutes and then later tonight im gonna have some posts i want u all to peep n think about....

PEACE

I wonder if aristotle or plato or socrates went to the hindu kush and grabbed some bud back in the day, bc weed always seems to make people insightful philosohpically