PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the trans fat ban in New York City restaurants?

netscape check two
12-10-2006, 11:34 PM
I was wondering what people's views are on the recent ban of trans fat in foods used in New York City restaurants? I think they should have done this some time ago. At least more people are starting to become knowledgeable about the health effects of the garbage trans fats, contributing to many strokes and heart attacks. Concerning trans fats being banned in Denmark, does that apply to all foods, such as foods sold at grocery stores? Or just foods at restaurants and bakery places?

zeppelin2k
12-10-2006, 11:48 PM
its a really good step
but its a really bad step if the companies are going to replace trans fats with worse chemicals, which they probably will

people need to be taught how to eat
healthy eating needs to be a class in school, bc nutrition is just as important as knowing how to add or subtract, yet no one teaches anyone about it, you have to go and search for it on your own, and thats if you actually care enough about it to do that

Visionz
12-11-2006, 03:02 AM
word^I got a friend goin to school for nutrition. I learn alot from talkin to her about it. Got me to start really changin' my diet up and changin what I shop for when I'm buying food.

Picked up some lentils for the fiber that's in them when I went shopping recently. Never had 'em before but they're like beans that cook quicker, turned out pretty good and they've got like 52 grams of fiber in a serving.

Os3y3ris
12-11-2006, 04:11 AM
Shouldn't be banned or consumed.

LHX
12-11-2006, 07:49 AM
trans fats are bad shit yo

its like eating plastic