PDA

View Full Version : i tried tai chi, it made me feel worse

Sicka than aidZ
12-11-2006, 03:57 AM
yo whats the deal? there'z a million thingz u gotta do to relax yourself, i cant do it i start movin around lookin for my weed or something to eat. i can excercise but i have mad hard time relaxing i kinda think way fast but it can drive me nutz so i got to slow it down any suggestionz on it? no for real it soundz like a joke but thatz cuz i feel like laughing.

seriously i wanna be in harmony with a cool day the way my mind and body wanna, so i can hear the natural world clearer. yeah i know doin it in the city when im bombed at 2 am when i should be crashed out probably makez it difficult.ill buy some bookz but like if i could hear a few pointz of view on the forum that'd be dope.

Jet Set
12-11-2006, 04:01 AM
I followed a course at the uni sports. only thing was I could never relax there as we were doing the practice. my mind was still running circles

Sicka than aidZ
12-11-2006, 04:19 AM
yep, maybe i need to workout all day and then try so i dont feel like doin shit,like after snowboarding

NIGHT MAYOR
12-11-2006, 04:35 AM
its all about concentrating on breathing, toaism

Jet Set
12-11-2006, 06:26 AM
Yup, but I found that I get a little bit more relaxed after doing Yoga. That as well could've been the teacher. In Tai Chi it's that whole mindstate shift you maybe got to do every time. No thinking and just letting it go.
That's the whole Tao aspect of the field, and for me that didn't work.

LHX
12-11-2006, 06:55 AM
it doesnt help that we live in a world where there is people that will kill you when you 'let go', but i guess thats part of the discipline

Tai Chi is a good practice, but it is no magical relaxation technique - the theory and principles behind it and the lifestyle that go along with it are just as important as the practice itself

and there is also patience and commitment

seeing results from practicing tai chi once after going on a drinking binge and eating a case of chocolate bars is unlikely

original post is funny as hell

zeppelin2k
12-11-2006, 12:07 PM
if ur not worried about losing weight
start running HIIT style, you will get a natural high, and afterwards all you will want to do is sit down and chill

Sexy Jasper
12-11-2006, 12:12 PM
Masturbation works. Or drinking tea.

the silencer
12-11-2006, 12:48 PM
i was actually gonna make a thread today askin if ppl cood gimme so tips about my Chi...that lemon water thread got me thinkin more about it.

i bought a Tai Chi book a few months ago but i havent really taken the time to sit down and study it yet....just glanced at it a few times..but it didnt seem as helpful and straightforward as i was hopin..it mostly seemed to explainin the principles of the I-Ching which ive read a bunch of times already anyway...

so im wonderin if ppl on here got any good advice about "stimulating" (or whatever the applicable word is) my flow of Chi..

i dont have any trouble relaxin like Sicka, in fact i find myself relaxin too much lately (unemployed right now and school is comin to the end of the semester..and its freezin outside) but i play hockey a few nights a week and ive been gettin REALLY sore the next day lately..like worse than ever....today my knees, ankles, and shoulders are really botherin me.....

so i think Chi wood help.....any suggestions on here or PM wood be greatly appreciated...

thanks

if ur not worried about losing weight
start running HIIT style, you will get a natural high, and afterwards all you will want to do is sit down and chill

cood u elaborate on this "HIIT style"?

zeppelin2k
12-11-2006, 01:40 PM
HIIT= High Intensity Interval Training
bascially it isnt complete aerobics or long distance running, it is a way to lose as much fat as possible while keeping as much muscle as possible (of course you have to eat properly, if u go into too much of a calorie deficit AND do cardio you will lose muscle along with fat)

basically the jist is, you go at above medium level intensity (like running) for 60 secs, then sprint for 30 secs, then go back to running for 60 secs (you dont stop, this way ur body is forced to adapt to recovering under stress), then 30 secs of running, etc etc

do for about 15 minutes tops

in the beginning you will probably only be capable of 3 minutes if you really push urself during the high intensity sprint parts

if u get more advanced you go 30 secs moderate, 1 minute intense

thats just a quick version

check these links as a starter
http://www.davedraper.com/hiit-cardio-training.html
http://www.fitness.com/forum/high-intensity-interval-training-hiit/ (best one)
http://www.teenbodybuilding.com/justin6.htm (not bad)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-intensity_interval_training (short version)

LHX
12-11-2006, 02:07 PM
i was actually gonna make a thread today askin if ppl cood gimme so tips about my Chi...that lemon water thread got me thinkin more about it.

i bought a Tai Chi book a few months ago but i havent really taken the time to sit down and study it yet....just glanced at it a few times..but it didnt seem as helpful and straightforward as i was hopin..it mostly seemed to explainin the principles of the I-Ching which ive read a bunch of times already anyway...

so im wonderin if ppl on here got any good advice about "stimulating" (or whatever the applicable word is) my flow of Chi..

i dont have any trouble relaxin like Sicka, in fact i find myself relaxin too much lately (unemployed right now and school is comin to the end of the semester..and its freezin outside) but i play hockey a few nights a week and ive been gettin REALLY sore the next day lately..like worse than ever....today my knees, ankles, and shoulders are really botherin me.....

so i think Chi wood help.....any suggestions on here or PM wood be greatly appreciated...

thanks

the first step is breath control

Sicka than aidZ
12-12-2006, 12:58 AM
i found if i rub my nadz while im breathing tai chi workz wonderz!! thankz fam