PDA

View Full Version : Revisiting the "Kramer Incident"

Prolifical ENG
12-11-2006, 09:34 PM
Of course we all have discussed about who should(n't) say the n-word, people are racist deep inside themselves, etc. But of course that stuff has been discussed and beaten to the ground....

On the other hand, of course we all know how the internet is a fast medium. A few months back Youtube was comming extremely popular and then eventually Google bought them out.

As soon as that has happened, the news goes even quicker. When I seen that video with Michael Richards, a few hours later it was on the 6:00 news as well as in the newpaper the next day.

In fact, I think we have seen many videos recorded by cell phones and uploaded on Youtube that have become popular through the whole internet. Many of them funny, but specifically many more disturbing and contraversial videos are now on the internet.

There was probably many parellel incidents that have happened like that. Even if it is specifically a stand up comedian being straight out racist. But because of video cameras and a site that people can now easily upload videos on, it gets shown. If it wasn't for that no one would even know that the specific even happened and probably wouldn't even make the local newspapers.

The funny thing is out of all the celebrities you can think of, it is Micheal Richards in a comedy club.

Will we be shaking our head in disgust more in the future? The disgusted news come to me too fast now.

Visionz
12-12-2006, 10:13 AM
The news becomes more and more aligned w/ tabloid journalism as time goes on. Every seen the movie "Good Night and Good Luck"? Great movie but sad in that it's become obvious that journalist don't have the backbone to go after crooked politicians and corruption the way they used to. And really even if a journalist did (I'm sure they're out there) the media company that signs their paycheck wouldn't let them release the story anyways, and certainly wouldn't fund the investigation. Its become just one big downward spiral.

WARPATH
12-12-2006, 11:13 AM
Good Night and Good Luck, starring George Clooney- is a work of fiction and should be treated as such.

Fiction may be a reflection of real life events, that doesn't mean we should reflect real life from fiction.

whitey
12-12-2006, 04:46 PM
Of course we all have discussed about who should(n't) say the n-word, people are racist deep inside themselves, etc. But of course that stuff has been discussed and beaten to the ground....

On the other hand, of course we all know how the internet is a fast medium. A few months back Youtube was comming extremely popular and then eventually Google bought them out.

As soon as that has happened, the news goes even quicker. When I seen that video with Michael Richards, a few hours later it was on the 6:00 news as well as in the newpaper the next day.

In fact, I think we have seen many videos recorded by cell phones and uploaded on Youtube that have become popular through the whole internet. Many of them funny, but specifically many more disturbing and contraversial videos are now on the internet.

There was probably many parellel incidents that have happened like that. Even if it is specifically a stand up comedian being straight out racist. But because of video cameras and a site that people can now easily upload videos on, it gets shown. If it wasn't for that no one would even know that the specific even happened and probably wouldn't even make the local newspapers.

The funny thing is out of all the celebrities you can think of, it is Micheal Richards in a comedy club.

Will we be shaking our head in disgust more in the future? The disgusted news come to me too fast now.

not totally sure what your arguing.

are you saying the increase in technology and the easy access of information using the internet as a medium is going to expose more such incidents as this? and its a bad thing.

just making sure so i can make accurate comments.