PDA

View Full Version : Dark Nights, fresh off the press

Visionz
12-15-2006, 09:54 PM
Check it out and drop some feedback, one way or the other..peace

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=639264

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
12-15-2006, 10:54 PM
nice dark beat, drums coulda been harder hitting tho...they sounded like they weren't even really there! but its a cool beat for what its worth tho yo

stay at it

PEACE

Visionz
12-15-2006, 11:07 PM
wordz, appreciate the feed homie. You got any tips for gettin the drums to come thru the way they should? I use Reason pretty much by itself. I know you keep them beats slammin so I'd be grateful for any advice you could give. peace

LORD ZERO
12-15-2006, 11:29 PM
Peace Unseen, Im Peepin Ya Banga Right Now And I Gotta Agree W/ Tzu, I Think U Shoulda Brung Out Da Drums A Lil Harder Nah Mean, Other Than Dat, Its A Sick Beat No Doubt

GameOfDeath
12-16-2006, 02:37 AM
Is this composed? If so not a bad melody. I like the drum pattern but they are a bit too low but they sound right as far as tone this aint a fast/hard beat but the drums need to be more present.

Visionz
12-16-2006, 03:21 AM
word up man, thanks to everyone droppin feed, and yeah none of it's sampled, just built from the ground up w/ Reason.

Visionz
12-16-2006, 04:41 AM
I've gone back and mixed the song down a bit better than it was when I first upped it, also changed the drum kits up if yall wanna peep it. thanks again for the feedback, a muhfucka tryin to listen, peace

Visionz
12-16-2006, 07:15 AM
Got another one in their called Lifted Swagger, not finished w/ the mixdown or the arrangin but still worth checkin out. left yall know when its finished. peace

pro.Graveface
12-16-2006, 09:00 AM
dope beat right here!!! PEACE

White_Mouse
12-16-2006, 10:22 PM
i like "Dark Nights" very nice joint i could see myself spitting to it (but i say that about almost any beat i'm desperate to get some good beats for my mixtape) and "Lifted Swagger" has almost a "club vibe" to it but it also has a sinister tip on the edge of it (not sure how to describe it) i personally as a beatmaker would add some string samples on it.

Visionz
12-16-2006, 10:30 PM
word, yeah, it is a conscience effort to not get pigeon-holed w/ the sound. My beats always have that dark edge to 'em but I'm trying to keep away from the break beats always soundin the same. Check back for the update soon, figure I should have it done by probaby either tonight or tommorrow. And holla if you ever need a beat, give me an idea of what you're lookin for and I'll try to cook something up, on the real man you got a good flow and your lyrics is way beyond your years so I'd be happy to help out. peace

btw what you using to make ya beats?

White_Mouse
12-16-2006, 10:37 PM
Yea i use Fruity Loops 6, (still learning to sample well i used to do all composing) and yea it'd definitely be cool to get some beats from you, i'll pm you to tell you what i have in mind.

Visionz
12-16-2006, 10:40 PM
word^, you ever work with Reason?

White_Mouse
12-16-2006, 10:50 PM
no is "Reason" a recording program, or is he/she an emcee or prodcuer (my oblivious moment of the day lol)

Visionz
12-16-2006, 10:57 PM
haha, naw homie its a production program, very cool capabilities w/ it, I composed those song entirely w/ Reason alone, no actual sampling, though you can sample with it too if you have Recycle as well

here's the website, worth checkin out

http://www.propellerheads.se/

gary_human
12-30-2006, 02:46 PM
like the music man, especially the beat on track 2 - keep it up man, im trying to figure out reason too!!!

hollywoodrealty
12-30-2006, 04:39 PM
yo its been a while since i holla'd at you, but i gotta say im liking this beat, kinda jungle, kinda grungy, shit sounds nice, keep it up homeslice

GameOfDeath
12-30-2006, 05:20 PM
I like the new drums on Dark Nights. That's what it should sound like.

Shitao
12-30-2006, 05:46 PM
Interesting work man. Nice compos. The drums could be harder and the bassline too. Keep up the good work.

PEACE

Visionz
01-02-2007, 10:35 AM
thnkx to everyone for the feeds, I'll be postin some more work soon now that the holidays are done with, stay tuned peace