PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Fist's Kwanzaa Challenge

Ultimate Fist
12-19-2006, 10:55 PM
OFFICIAL KWANZAA WEBSITE

http://www.officialkwanzaawebsite.org/index.shtml

This holiday is generally considered a joke or something "stuck in the Sixties" by most people who don't practice it. I felt this way for a long time due to the fact it was an invented holiday and not an actual African one. But with time, I've come to the realization that it is a good holiday. It re-connects niggas on the street with something they otherwise wouldn't think about- Africa. The real problem isn't kwanzaa- its that no one has worked to make it relevant to the younger generations.

So I have a challenge for every brother with knowledge on this site- and any African of a different color who feels the idea being expressed is relevant. I'm going to post a thread for every day of Kwanzaa (as I can- I may have to travel part of that week- if I don't post someone fill in for me) on that day's value (unity, faith etc). I'll start with a post that explains that day's value. Then I'm going to write a sort of "online speech" about my thoughts on it. Followed by that, there will be a series of relevant links. My challenge/ invitation is for anyone else who has knowledge to write an essay on their thoughts about that day and post it here. You can do it off the top of your head but it would be awesome if you wrote it ahead of time. Tell how that value can improve a person's life and how to apply it.

I invite everyone to come and read what is written.

Ultimate Fist
12-19-2006, 11:07 PM
And feel free to have Christmas or Hanaukah versions of this idea. Wisdom is universal.

Ultimate Fist
12-20-2006, 08:29 PM
7 views? Damn, Kwanzaa's fallen off big time.

Divine Sheba
12-22-2006, 10:39 AM
Do the knowledge to Dr. Maulana Karenga.
he's the man who invented the holiday. he was a fraud and an fbi informant (he sold the black panthers out).

kwanzaa was a noble idea but there are plenty of african traditions already in existance that could be studied and practiced. not just as a "take that" to chanukah and christmas.

Dokuro
12-22-2006, 11:09 AM
the real problem is the mojoraty of poeple who celebrat it are white somtimes even pure white cant they ever let us have eny thing

Gawd
12-22-2006, 11:24 AM
I celebrate Kwanza

Divine Sheba
12-22-2006, 11:57 AM
i've never seen white people celebrate kwanzaa LOL thats real deep

Gawd
12-22-2006, 12:15 PM
Im not white

7EL7
12-22-2006, 12:29 PM
there ain't shit to celebrate
nigga we gots work to do

Divine Sheba
12-22-2006, 03:21 PM
Im not white

i was referring to what The Great Dane said.

Ultimate Fist
12-26-2006, 04:37 PM
OK I'm canceling this. Too hard to do and no one's interested.

7EL7
12-26-2006, 06:27 PM
OK I'm canceling this. Too hard to do and no one's interested.

you think ?

Ultimate Fist
12-26-2006, 06:39 PM
What's the matter dont you have black pride?

7EL7
12-26-2006, 06:45 PM
What's the matter dont you have black pride?

LMAO ! Twice