PDA

View Full Version : religious dependancy

abasi
12-20-2006, 09:46 AM
ive talked to a few people i know who are christians
and they cant beleive that i havent excepted that jesus is my savior or that i dont beleive in eternal damnation
when i try to explain my beliefs to them they look at me like i'm totally crazy and the weird part is that i know more about the history of christianity than they do
when they get stumped they say its all about faith whatever
are people becoming more dependant on religion

Prolifical ENG
12-20-2006, 10:51 AM
people arent becoming more dependent on it. those people were always around.

it is true that the most religious people dont have all the answers, and they are always being tested on their knowledge of how the universe works based on their own religion.

about a christian thinking someone is crazy because they don't have the same beleif system is hardcore. the hardcore christians that I know are not like that at all.

abasi
12-20-2006, 10:57 AM
yeah i know a lot of "born again" christians
and if something isnt in the bible to them its just plain wrong

Gawd
12-20-2006, 11:35 AM
It is not wrong for people to have faith. I think we all hold faith in something. Praying is a way to cope as well.....I don't think Americans are Dependent on religion as we may have been in the past. If anything Muslims are more dependent on their religion because its in their Governments and Social Lives more than ours.

supremecharma
12-21-2006, 01:34 AM
thats word.

7EL7
12-21-2006, 06:21 PM
..........because muslims try to live by their religion
christians mostly "play" religious so it won't be in the fabrics of their society
devil worship is incorporated in the fabrics of their society

Gawd
12-21-2006, 06:32 PM
..........because muslims try to live by their religion
christians mostly "play" religious so it won't be in the fabrics of their society
devil worship is incorporated in the fabrics of their society

God gave us free will......
Sharia law does not.
How do Christians mostly play ?

Dirty Knowledge
12-22-2006, 12:51 PM
All people "play" religion at times mostly in times of desperation. Lots of inmates in jails are "Christian" but just as many are "Muslims" until they get back to society and return to being "Criminals". People pretend to be faithful because it seems like the right thing to do. They say they believe but their heart knows they are weak. Those shall be the ones in the end who fall first. Old texts talk about things like this.

7EL7
12-22-2006, 03:07 PM
All people "play" religion at times mostly in times of desperation. Lots of inmates in jails are "Christian" but just as many are "Muslims" until they get back to society and return to being "Criminals". People pretend to be faithful because it seems like the right thing to do. They say they believe but their heart knows they are weak. Those shall be the ones in the end who fall first. Old texts talk about things like this.

you're so right about that