PDA

View Full Version : Books Necessary For Survival

Ultimate Fist
12-21-2006, 09:13 PM
Post books that are absolutely needed reading.

Mine:

Law For Dummies
Personal Finance For Dummies

That'll give you a good start.

LHX
12-21-2006, 09:21 PM
i think you overstated the topic title just a bit

Sicka than aidZ
12-21-2006, 09:23 PM
wu tang manual

Ultimate Fist
12-21-2006, 09:24 PM
Word son!

snapple
12-22-2006, 01:29 AM
the bible

the silencer
12-22-2006, 01:45 AM
I-Ching

crass
12-24-2006, 02:26 AM
mein kampf and charlotte's web

EAGLE EYE
12-24-2006, 03:48 AM
the art of war

and

the mack within

DREW-DIE$EL
12-24-2006, 03:55 AM
of mice and men

the winter of our discontent

Frontal Lobotomy
12-24-2006, 04:40 AM
Lord of the Flies, perhaps..

Visionz
12-24-2006, 04:47 AM

noel411
12-24-2006, 04:48 AM
Anybody who needs a book to survive is a fucken worthless moron.

In fact, anybody who even places any great importance on any book needs to reconsider what their true purpose is, where they might be if they hadn't read that book, and why they allowed a book to dictate how they've got to where they are.

Remember this. Every book you've ever read and ever will read was written by a man no different to yourself. Think about that.

Visionz
12-24-2006, 05:04 AM
I wasn't really subscribin to the hyperbole of the title homie, lol, just took it as "list some books worth pickin up". But on the flip side of this

Remember this. Every book you've ever read and ever will read was written by a man no different to yourself. Think about that.

The person writing it was probably indeed different than me. Not different as far as worth itself goes maybe, but Stephen King's a way better creative writer than I am. MLK's alot better public leader than I am....etc There's knowledge to be gained from those that came before us, its just a question of being humble enough to know it and then smart enough to learn from it. What you do with the knowledge is entirely up to you.

noel411
12-24-2006, 05:26 AM
I agree with that. The statement I made goes back to placing such importance on a book. We indeed can learn from books because in general they are written by somebody with greater knowledge on a certain subject than we ourselves have. I too read a lot of books, and some of these provide guidance for me by provoking thoughts of my own which cause me to stumble upon my own truths. Some books help by giving straight out instructions on something you might like to do, or information on something you might like to learn more about. But in the end all books are written by a man just like you, and it's beneficial to constantly remind yourself of that before taking their truth as your own, even if they are better educated and experienced on a subject than you are.

No man needs any book to survive. And no man will inevitably benefit by placing more value on somebody else's experience and obsevations than on their own.

Visionz
12-24-2006, 05:33 AM
word, true indeed, nothing substitutes equally with experience

Skellington
12-24-2006, 05:57 AM
For survival????

The Art Of War

Sexy Jasper
12-24-2006, 06:26 AM

In fact, anybody who even places any great importance on any book needs to reconsider what their true purpose is, where they might be if they hadn't read that book, and why they allowed a book to dictate how they've got to where they are.

Remember this. Every book you've ever read and ever will read was written by a man no different to yourself. Think about that.Church.

Skellington
12-24-2006, 07:40 AM
Fuck church...

Ozmosis
12-24-2006, 10:17 AM
are you going to burn these books for fuel for the camp fire?

EAGLE EYE
12-24-2006, 05:24 PM
- super church

7EL7
12-24-2006, 05:55 PM
The Foot Book

Dr. Seuss

7EL7
12-24-2006, 05:59 PM

an instruction manual for the human being written by experts who study the human being....................
relying on mom and dad uncle bartholomew and cousin it ain't enough.

sometimes a book can give you the information you may need to grow up
sometimes a book can bring you backwards into a beast state
depends on what you are looking for in that book

ARRCIMEDES
12-25-2006, 01:59 PM
The king of the bastards might be good, if I could ever get my head around remembering all of the characters that are in it, because there are so many. It's like one minute you know whats going on the next you've completely lost the plot yourself, because the authors started to talk about another character and you've got to try and imagine him. Plus the fact that it was written by a woman over 100 years ago at least.

Fatal Guillotine
07-20-2012, 08:48 AM
up