PDA

View Full Version : Nas's Ether, Best Diss Song Ever?

Bedlam
07-15-2005, 07:52 PM
I think so, I didnt even like Nas before I heard this song, and he persuaded me that Jay-Z was a homo, and I used to be a Jay z fan at the time. It had a huge impact on hip hop, Nas was back, Jay was on his way down.

Jay had a weak response with "Super Ugly"

Do yall agree with me, or what diss song is better?

sakk
07-15-2005, 07:53 PM
I like Jay Z. But damn, Nas killed him on Ether.

Definitive X
07-15-2005, 07:53 PM
I think so, I didnt even like Nas before I heard this song, and he persuaded me that Jay-Z was a homo, and I used to be a Jay z fan at the time. It had a huge impact on hip hop, Nas was back, Jay was on his way down.

Jay had a weak response with "Super Ugly"

Do yall agree with me, or what diss song is better?This is creepy, homey, I felt the EXACT same way about the EXACT same things...

U-Samurai
07-15-2005, 08:35 PM
Yea, nas killed jay no doubt. most people would say hit em up is the best diss song ever.

thwak
07-15-2005, 08:41 PM
nah the common one is the best diss song ever, I forgot the name though.

hellbound
07-15-2005, 08:51 PM
nah the common one is the best diss song ever, I forgot the name though.
Common - Bitch In You

My favorite diss song is The Bridge Is Over by Boogie Down Productions
i also like 2nd Round KO after Ether.

manhattanknight77
07-15-2005, 08:52 PM
u a dick riding faggot u love the attention/ queenz niggaz run yall just ask russels simmons, lmao nas aite gayz on that one.

tical2000
07-15-2005, 09:08 PM
To this day I dont understand how an unbiased hip hop fan can honestly say that EITHER was better than TAKEOVER .........all NAS does is call JAY-Z a faggot and says that he is going to smack his fat lips......big deal

JAY-Z actually breaks down NAS's recording cataloge.....NAS's medicocre albums......and talks about fucking NAS's girl...........all this stuff actually happened too.......its real

Bedlam
07-15-2005, 09:44 PM
^^^ Tical2000, listen to Ether, alot more than just callin Jay-Z a fag. Takeover's not bad, its just not Ether

3rd verse

Y'all niggas deal with emotions like bitches
What's sad is I love you 'cause you're my brother
You traded your soul for riches
My child, I've watched you grow up to be famous
And now I smile like a proud dad, watchin his only son that made it
You seem to be only concerned with dissin women
Were you abused as a child, scared to smile, they called you ugly?
Well life is harsh, hug me, don't reject me
or make records to disrespect me, blatant or indirectly
In '88 you was gettin chased through your buildin
Callin my crib and I ain't even give you my numbers
All I did was gave you a style for you to run with
Smilin in my face, glad to break bread with the god
Wearin Jaz chains, no tecs, no cash, no cars
No jail bars Jigga, no pies, no case
Just Hawaiian shirts, hangin with little Chase
You a fan, a phony, a fake, a pussy, a Stan
I still whip your ass, you thirty-six in a karate class
You Tae-bo hoe, tryna' work it out, you tryna' get brolic?
Ask me if I'm tryna' kick knowledge
Nah, I'm tryna' kick the shit you need to learn though
That ether, that shit that make your soul burn slow
Is he Dame Diddy, Dame Daddy or Dame Dummy?
Oh, I get it, you Biggie and he's Puffy
Rockefeller died of AIDS, that was the end of his chapter
And that's the guy y'all chose to name your company after?
Put it together, I rock hoes, y'all rock fellas
And now y'all try to take my spot, fellas?
Philly's hot rock fellas, put you in a dry spot, fellas
In a pine box with nine shots from my glock, fellas
Foxy got you hot 'cause you kept your face in her puss
What you think, you gettin girls now 'cause of your looks?
Ne-gro please
You no mustache havin, with whiskers like a rat
Compared to Beans you wack
And your man stabbed Un and made you take the blame
You ass, went from Jaz to hangin with Kane, to Irv, to Big
And, Eminem murdered you on your own shit
You a dick-ridin faggot, you love the attention
Queens niggas run you niggas, ask Russell Simmons
Ha, R-O-C get gunned up and clapped quick
J.J. Evans get gunned up and clapped quick
Your whole damn record label gunned up and clapped quick
Shaun Carter to Jay-Z, damn you on Jaz dick
So little shorty's gettin gunned up and clapped quick
How much of Biggie's rhymes is gon' come out your fat lips?
Wanted to be on every last one of my classics
You pop shit, apologize, nigga, just ask Kiss

Even Jay-Z new he lost. If he thought he won, why would he bother coming back with Super Ugly?

tical2000
07-15-2005, 10:07 PM
My point is that, NAS is just talking about a bunch of made-up shit for the majority of this song.......JAY-Z on TAKEOVER is actually talking about real shit that happened in real life......even his verse about PRODIGY is real.....

PRODIGY has not rapped the same since JAY-Z called him out

^^^ Tical2000, listen to Ether, alot more than just callin Jay-Z a fag. Takeover's not bad, its just not Ether

3rd verse

Y'all niggas deal with emotions like bitches
What's sad is I love you 'cause you're my brother
You traded your soul for riches
My child, I've watched you grow up to be famous
And now I smile like a proud dad, watchin his only son that made it
You seem to be only concerned with dissin women
Were you abused as a child, scared to smile, they called you ugly?
Well life is harsh, hug me, don't reject me
or make records to disrespect me, blatant or indirectly
In '88 you was gettin chased through your buildin
Callin my crib and I ain't even give you my numbers
All I did was gave you a style for you to run with
Smilin in my face, glad to break bread with the god
Wearin Jaz chains, no tecs, no cash, no cars
No jail bars Jigga, no pies, no case
Just Hawaiian shirts, hangin with little Chase
You a fan, a phony, a fake, a pussy, a Stan
I still whip your ass, you thirty-six in a karate class
You Tae-bo hoe, tryna' work it out, you tryna' get brolic?
Ask me if I'm tryna' kick knowledge
Nah, I'm tryna' kick the shit you need to learn though
That ether, that shit that make your soul burn slow
Is he Dame Diddy, Dame Daddy or Dame Dummy?
Oh, I get it, you Biggie and he's Puffy
Rockefeller died of AIDS, that was the end of his chapter
And that's the guy y'all chose to name your company after?
Put it together, I rock hoes, y'all rock fellas
And now y'all try to take my spot, fellas?
Philly's hot rock fellas, put you in a dry spot, fellas
In a pine box with nine shots from my glock, fellas
Foxy got you hot 'cause you kept your face in her puss
What you think, you gettin girls now 'cause of your looks?
Ne-gro please
You no mustache havin, with whiskers like a rat
Compared to Beans you wack
And your man stabbed Un and made you take the blame
You ass, went from Jaz to hangin with Kane, to Irv, to Big
And, Eminem murdered you on your own shit
You a dick-ridin faggot, you love the attention
Queens niggas run you niggas, ask Russell Simmons
Ha, R-O-C get gunned up and clapped quick
J.J. Evans get gunned up and clapped quick
Your whole damn record label gunned up and clapped quick
Shaun Carter to Jay-Z, damn you on Jaz dick
So little shorty's gettin gunned up and clapped quick
How much of Biggie's rhymes is gon' come out your fat lips?
Wanted to be on every last one of my classics
You pop shit, apologize, nigga, just ask Kiss

Even Jay-Z new he lost. If he thought he won, why would he bother coming back with Super Ugly?

Create
07-15-2005, 10:14 PM
tical2000 is a retard

nas murdered jay z liike mutt murdered SICKA

Bedlam
07-15-2005, 10:15 PM
tical2000 is a retard

haha, co sign

Ghost_Deini_
07-15-2005, 10:22 PM
haha "i rock fellas, yall rock hoes"... thats hilarious, i love that part. i didnt like the song at first though because of the beat, but yeah it good.

tical2000
07-15-2005, 10:34 PM
tical2000 is a retard

wow, you responded to me kinda like NAS responded to JAY-Z........

Create
07-16-2005, 12:33 AM
So I Murdered U ?

Mixtape Mutt
07-16-2005, 12:53 AM
So I Murdered U ?

LMFAO....gotta love my nigga Create.

And yeah, Jay ain't seein Ether. Ether finished Jay. As for all you Jay fans who turned Nas fans after Ether....I was always a Nas fan. Always. Nas > Jay. Not one whack line was dropped in Ether. Ether just totally raped Jay.

Orion Nebulus
07-16-2005, 01:02 AM
Nas killed Jay-z on "ether"........but it was no way the best diss song ever!!!!

Create
07-16-2005, 01:04 AM
Thats Also True ^^

Longbongcilvaringz
07-16-2005, 01:56 AM
ether is a fukin ill diss, but to say that is the best ever is a pretty big call. so many fukin disses have been produced that nobody even hears and that have alot more fire in them then ether. still, although is was never a jay-z fan his career (and at the time he was doing damn well) was virtually single handedly ruined by a retarded beef between him and NaS which result in NaS killin him on ether. i def wouldnt say it is the best diss ever but it had a huge impact and therefore considered to be one of the best due to the effect which it had.
nobody will agree with this but IMO destroy and rebuild is just as good.

Rebel_INS
07-16-2005, 03:55 AM
Shit man Ether is a fucken banger, Nas rips the shit

JOHNNY_TICAL
07-16-2005, 04:00 AM
Fuck Yea I Think...... But Back B 4 Ether I Wuz Feelin Nas And Shit.... When Ether Came Out ... I Wuz Like Wtf .... Then Later Found Out He Wuz Talkin Shit Bout Jigga And Wuz Like Fuck..... Dat Shit Is Sick....... {also} I Got Dat Shit Fucken Screwed Up.... So I Can Here Every Single Word He Fucken Says.....

Peace Out !!!!

Funk_Dock
07-16-2005, 04:11 AM
yeh ether is a gr8 diss i dont like it so much but he does truly rip jay on that track

wu-tang1988
07-16-2005, 05:15 AM
i love both of em tracks and artists... what sparked this beef btw?
didnt jay and nas use to be friends?

ShaolinDarts
07-16-2005, 05:22 AM
What makes Ether good is actually the way Nas goes about it and comes across in it. Humans react differently to the same thing and that is shown by Nas, Jay-Z and Prodigy. Jay-Z in takeover sounds as though he really wants to get at Nas and even his voice at times is showing that firstly he is over confident as he believes he will have the last word once the track is done and secondly his voice is showing that Nas really is important to him and thats why he has to taken the whole thing way too personally. Prodigy just became a sulking baby and took it personally whereas Nas rose above that and took to the challenge of delivering a cool and calm voice over his reply.

The difference is that Nas shows a quality of a well developed person in his reply by showing that infact he is above this all but as it has to happen he is willing to deliver.

ShaolinDarts
07-16-2005, 05:23 AM
didnt jay and nas use to be friends?
I believe its just competition that went too far based on comments made about Jay-Z sampling Its Yours by Nas.

wu-tang1988
07-16-2005, 05:35 AM
I believe its just competition that went too far based on comments made about Jay-Z sampling Its Yours by Nas.
oh... thanx for the info...

dojo_pros
07-16-2005, 06:08 AM
FUCK JAYZ!!!
nas killed him with the ether

Professor Poopsnagle
07-16-2005, 06:36 AM
in ether i like that part about Jaz-O, Jay-Zīs mentor. I read in an interview with jaz-o that jay-z treated him like bitch - the person who taught him rapping.

imho itīs not the best diss song but very good. destroy and rebuild is almost equal - what i like about it is the fact that nas provides the diss in the song with slik-rick-like story telling.

cap
07-16-2005, 06:37 AM
Ether Is Fire,but The Best Diss Record I Ever Heard Would Probably Have To Be "acknowledge" By Masta Ace

bringoutthegimp
07-16-2005, 07:06 AM
NO VASELINE is the greatest ever diss song

dooboy
07-16-2005, 09:41 AM
Want a good diss song? hear Tonedeff's "The Grand Finale" dissing a rapper and his "I Hate Puff Daddy" and he'll change your mind. Mr.Sos's "Mission" and EFamm's "FYIRB".where can i find those songs cos they don't seem to be on any tracklisting of his ep's or his album????

dns
07-16-2005, 09:50 AM
It was unexpected, affected, and Nasty was resurrected.

pussy-with-teeth
07-16-2005, 09:52 AM
jay lost

hes stil ok...nas won

best diss is ... oh there are many - cant say

LikwidSwordz
07-16-2005, 10:17 AM
Nas is MUCH better than Jay Z and Ether proved that pretty good.....on Takeover there was like 5 MC's rapping wtf? Anyway.....my fav diss song is "Can-A-Bitch".....i love Canibus still though, hes he fuckin man!

R3beLuTionAry
07-16-2005, 10:36 AM
No, the best diss song is Mercy Killing by 7l & Esoteric. Its a crazy ass diss towards El-P and the rest of the Weathermen.

Professor Poopsnagle
07-16-2005, 11:26 AM
why did they diss el-p?

Professor Poopsnagle
07-16-2005, 11:26 AM
and who is masta ace dissin?

R3beLuTionAry
07-16-2005, 12:20 PM
why did they diss el-p?

i dont know, its some big beef that used to go on between the weathermen and the guys over at babygrand. in the song, esoteric says so much good punchlines on el-p. Dont get me wrong, i like both crews so im serious when i say this is a good diss song. it makes sense what he says about el-p but i still like the guy. download this song, or maybe ill upload this later on if you wanna check back.

Bedlam
07-16-2005, 12:37 PM
didnt jay and nas use to be friends?Here is the first diss song in their beef, its called Stillmatic
http://s25.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3VJPEOC7ZUH2Y26XJDO7HJ39UN (http://s25.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3VJPEOC7ZUH2Y26XJDO7HJ39UN)

Nas made this freestyle after Jay said some shit bout him falling off. After Jay heard this, he made Takeover, then Nas made Ether.

TUCO
07-16-2005, 02:22 PM
Takeover murdered the whole beef
the song itself was just better...the beat kills Ether

peace

Professor Poopsnagle
07-16-2005, 02:35 PM
i dont know, its some big beef that used to go on between the weathermen and the guys over at babygrand. in the song, esoteric says so much good punchlines on el-p. Dont get me wrong, i like both crews so im serious when i say this is a good diss song. it makes sense what he says about el-p but i still like the guy. download this song, or maybe ill upload this later on if you wanna check back.
would be nice if you could up it. i am not very familiar with 7L & Eso, but with def jux and i like their music and attitude. which guys of babygrand do you mean?

Hayabusa
07-16-2005, 02:42 PM
Blueprint>>>>>>Stillmatic....

Tres.Bo.
07-16-2005, 05:09 PM
hit em up was horrible

takeover owns ether (it actually played off of facts)

listen to Linda Trip by Company Flow (el-p rips sole a new asswhole)

Bitch in Yoo is also extremely sick

so was 300 bars and running by game

and everything joe budden released against g-unit

tical2000
07-16-2005, 07:38 PM
and JAY did not rip NAS and PRODIGY???

I am a fan of both NAS and JAY-Z......not a dude who dick rides NAS only, and think everything NAS has done is classic and everything JAY has done is shit........

JAY-Z actually had some substance in what he was saying.....everything actually is true.......NAS just resorts to calling JAY a faggot

Both are good tracks......but an objective view can see that JAY really got at NAS

You say that EITHER finished JAY-Z???? dude dropped the BLACK album the next year......better than fuckin STREETS "yawn" DISCIPLE

BLUEPRINT actaully changed the rap game as well......everyone used the speed-up soul samples after and still do today.......everyone wants KANYE WEST and JUST BLAZE today.......STILLMATIC is the most overated album ever......"braveheart party"??? ........and I like NAS alot......but dude had not put together a classic album since IT WAS WRITTEN......nis albums are full of fast forward joints

LMFAO....gotta love my nigga Create.

And yeah, Jay ain't seein Ether. Ether finished Jay. As for all you Jay fans who turned Nas fans after Ether....I was always a Nas fan. Always. Nas > Jay. Not one whack line was dropped in Ether. Ether just totally raped Jay.

Butter
07-16-2005, 07:46 PM
Nas dissing is weak, plus, he's too contradictory when he spits. Jay-Z isnt my fav. either, so i'll just say NO. Hit Em Up was prolly one of the wackest diss songs to ever get played. Want a good diss song? hear Tonedeff's "The Grand Finale" dissing a rapper and his "I Hate Puff Daddy" and he'll change your mind. Mr.Sos's "Mission" and EFamm's "FYIRB".
Truth, although i did like hit em up.

i didnt feel ether though.

Hayabusa
07-16-2005, 07:52 PM
and JAY did not rip NAS and PRODIGY???

I am a fan of both NAS and JAY-Z......not a dude who dick rides NAS only, and think everything NAS has done is classic and everything JAY has done is shit........

JAY-Z actually had some substance in what he was saying.....everything actually is true.......NAS just resorts to calling JAY a faggot

Both are good tracks......but an objective view can see that JAY really got at NAS

You say that EITHER finished JAY-Z???? dude dropped the BLACK album the next year......better than fuckin STREETS "yawn" DISCIPLE

BLUEPRINT actaully changed the rap game as well......everyone used the speed-up soul samples after and still do today.......everyone wants KANYE WEST and JUST BLAZE today.......STILLMATIC is the most overated album ever......"braveheart party"??? ........and I like NAS alot......but dude had not put together a classic album since IT WAS WRITTEN......nis albums are full of fast forward joints Co-Sign...

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
07-16-2005, 07:53 PM

BLUEPRINT actaully changed the rap game as well......everyone used the speed-up soul samples after and still do today.......everyone wants KANYE WEST and JUST BLAZE today.......STILLMATIC is the most overated album ever......"braveheart party"??? ........and I like NAS alot......but dude had not put together a classic album since IT WAS WRITTEN......nis albums are full of fast forward joints

you got some things wrong....Jay dropped Blueprint 2 the next year.....and it fucking sucked compared to God's Son.....And I thought RZA made the soul sampling popular? And you talk about one song off of Stillmatic...let's talk about "Girls, Girls, Girls (Remix)" that shit was wack as fuck.....your opinion is Nas hasn't had a classic since It Was Written but a LOT of people agree that Stillmatic and God's Son are classics.......overall, who influenced Jay-Z? NAS. Who is ALWAYS HIGHER THAN JAY-Z ON EVERY LIST of the top ten best Hip Hop artists of all time? NAS. so get your facts straight.

07-16-2005, 07:54 PM
who will always remember that infamous 2pac line "FUCK JAY-Z".......

tical2000
07-16-2005, 08:30 PM
You have to twist what people say around more than anyone on these boards dude....

I was talking about BLUEPRINT and STILLMATIC......not BLUEPRINT 2 and GODS SON.......I agree GODS SON is better than BLUPRINT 2......I think GODS SON is better than STILLMATIC..........

2nd, you would be lying to yourself if you said that the BLUEPRINT did not popularise the speed up soul sample........like every dude who drops an album now from NEW YORK uses the same style that JAY used on the BLUEPRINT.......RZA did originate this style, and is the master......but everyone in the industry uses this style now cause of JAY-Z's BLUEPRINT....this is real talk.

3rd, you are bringing up the "girls, girls, girls (remix)"......is that not some bonus track.....that you have to listen to for 10 minutes after tha album is done to even hear it??? Big deal, i dont think it affects the album......There is no way that GODS SON or STILLMATIC hold up to ILLMATIC or IT WAS WRITTEN........those albums have too many fast forward joints

4th, to be honest I dont think JAY-Z and NAS's style are anything alike........

you got some things wrong....Jay dropped Blueprint 2 the next year.....and it fucking sucked compared to God's Son.....And I thought RZA made the soul sampling popular? And you talk about one song off of Stillmatic...let's talk about "Girls, Girls, Girls (Remix)" that shit was wack as fuck.....your opinion is Nas hasn't had a classic since It Was Written but a LOT of people agree that Stillmatic and God's Son are classics.......overall, who influenced Jay-Z? NAS. Who is ALWAYS HIGHER THAN JAY-Z ON EVERY LIST of the top ten best Hip Hop artists of all time? NAS. so get your facts straight.

LikwidSwordz
07-16-2005, 09:00 PM
Nas is better than Jay-Z and i laugh at anyone who says the one verse from "Takeover" dissing Nas.......jeez if ANYONE thinks thats better than Ether then you need to wake the fuck up for real. Jus cuz Jay was on a few Big L songs doesnt make him good........you all need to step back a second and look at Jay's lyrics and you'll find out Nas crushes him.

MILF DOOM
07-17-2005, 03:37 AM
Takeover was better musically

Analyze
07-17-2005, 11:05 AM
I had enough of this thread so let me shut Tical2000 down. First, what true shit is Jay speaking of, what, his back catalogue we can easily say the same thing about Hova. Jay wasnt spittin no facts of the takeover. The song was hot but on Either NAS flames that nigga, just listen the emotion NAS has when he was spittin every bar was fire, AND REAL SHIT. Plus the whole beef started over NAS said something about niggas and their do rags with they hat on funny and Bleek responded then NAS dropped the song Stillmatic and thats how the whole thing started, over Bleek's retarted ass. Jay, knew Bleek couldnt fuck with NAS and second, he couldnt keep calling himself the KONY with NAS still there so the best is gonna clash sooner or later.

Also the 2nd RO knockout, and LongKiss Goodnight from Big killing Pac w/RZA on the track is classic.

tical2000
07-17-2005, 02:32 PM
I had enough of this thread so let me shut Tical2000 down. First, what true shit is Jay speaking of, what, his back catalogue we can easily say the same thing about Hova. Jay wasnt spittin no facts of the takeover. The song was hot but on Either NAS flames that nigga, just listen the emotion NAS has when he was spittin every bar was fire, AND REAL SHIT. Plus the whole beef started over NAS said something about niggas and their do rags with they hat on funny and Bleek responded then NAS dropped the song Stillmatic and thats how the whole thing started, over Bleek's retarted ass. Jay, knew Bleek couldnt fuck with NAS and second, he couldnt keep calling himself the KONY with NAS still there so the best is gonna clash sooner or later.

Also the 2nd RO knockout, and LongKiss Goodnight from Big killing Pac w/RZA on the track is classic.
You say JAY-Z was not spitting facts on TAKEOVER???

-JAY-Z did fuck NAS's baby's momma......NAS has come out and admitted this, JAY-Z talks more about this SUPER UGLY
- NAS does put out a hot album every ten year average, ILLMATIC, and ya one of those albums was was good IT WAS WRITTEN.....the rest were garbage I AM NASDRADAMUS....these last two albums were garbage
-Jay calls NAS out on the "ouchi Wally" song......that song does fuckin suck, its is trash
-Jay says NAS used to get fucked on PUBLISHING......NAS did get fucked over, and did not have publishing rights.

even on the verse JAY gets at PRODIGY at is all real talk
-he did have pictures of PRODIGY as a balarina

whetevr, I am fan of NAS and JAY......I just think that JAY's one verse had alot more truth behind it than NAS's song.........

.....obvioulsly people disagree......but they tend to be the types who think everything NAS has done is great.....and everything JAY has ever done is shit

GSTYLE
07-17-2005, 02:38 PM
I think Nas beat Jay. When he said "Wearin Jaz' chain and Hawaian shirts" he took it to a personal level without usin a cheap sensless diss or goin too far, and it was real so Jay cudnt do shit abt that one.

As for Prodigy not bein the same since Takeover, i think thats largely becasue he has become lazy and they put out a lot more material, Jay didnt have nuthin to do with it.

GSTYLE
07-17-2005, 02:40 PM
Oh and "Hit Em Up" is the REALEST diss song ever, but not musically the best song.

I also liked "Real Muthafuckin G'z" by Eazy, that shit was real and he had balls to go after Death Row when they was on top.

As for Nas bein contradictory, i think its just that he is good at ALL STYLES of hip hop,i cudnt give a fuck if he contradicts himself, the music is good, thats what i respect.

36chambers
07-17-2005, 05:12 PM
Royce 5'9 - Malcolm X (D12 diss) is the best diss track ive heard in a while.

Godess
07-17-2005, 05:17 PM
http://www.mixconnect.com/samples/50cent_howto_snippet.mp3

cap
07-17-2005, 06:44 PM
Who Was Common Dissing With"bitch In You"?
I Never Heard This Song

Bedlam
07-17-2005, 06:49 PM
http://www.mixconnect.com/samples/50cent_howto_snippet.mp3
how to rob? i hope youre not serious

and Common's dissin Ice Cube in The Bitch in Yoo

IvanKorbi
07-17-2005, 07:23 PM
Common - the bitch in yoo. no doubt. "What the fuck i look like, dissin a whole coast"

Godess
07-17-2005, 07:29 PM
http://www.real-hiphop.com/rh2004-audiofiles/piggybank.wmv

Godess
07-17-2005, 07:49 PM
He's rich now..

50 Cent to Smash Beatles Sales Records

by: Dondiego
Mon, March 14th, 2005

http://www.nobodysmiling.com/forum/upload//news%20pics/50cent7.jpg50 Cent's new album The Massacre has sold 1.1 million units in just four days, the sixth highest album sales ever, music sales tracking company Nielsen SoundScan says.

Director of Billboard charts Geoff Mayfield says this feat had not been repeated since the Beatles in 1964.

The rapper, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, 26, smashed his own sales record: his 2003 album Get Rich or Die Tryin sold 872,000 albums also in four days.

Longbongcilvaringz
07-18-2005, 06:00 AM
Royce 5'9 - Malcolm X (D12 diss) is the best diss track ive heard in a while.
yeah, he kills d12 on this track,

NaS ripped Jaz-Z on ether and thats all there is to it. all these people talkin up jay-z claiming takeover was better are kidding themselves.
Ether~not the best diss but still fire.

Sifu Dragon
07-18-2005, 06:59 AM
c'mon y'all, Truth Vs. lil faggit disses?

people that say ether is better than takeover is just followin a trend, takeover exposes mobb deep too, imo Nas is a better artist than Jay Z just to show y'all i'm not a jay dickrider but jay won that beef

LL Cool J - The Ripper Strikes Back, LL killz Canibus

adriatic
07-18-2005, 11:02 AM
who will always remember that infamous 2pac line "FUCK JAY-Z".......
LOL...2pac hated Nas too.

Do your homework youngin, and until then put the pom-poms down.

I'm a fan of both Jay and Nas and I'll tell you straight up Takeover kills Ether. Nas had some funny lines- "reload this ammo to explode it on a camel"- but it was mostly pretty juvenile shit while Takeover broke apart Nas' identity crisis and weak albums not to mention fucking his girl. And lets not even get into what Takeover did to Prodigy at least Nas fired back with some heat of his own but it was the nail in the coffin for P.

And neither song is the "greatest diss ever" in terms of impact I really wish some of you who've never listened to hip-hop until 2001 would listen to some more music and then get back to me.

07-18-2005, 11:10 AM
yeah is that why 2pac jocked Nas' beat from the It Was Written album? Fact is you probably are much as a Jay-Z fan as I am a Nas fan, let's stop with the bullshit now. Of course were not gonna say one song is better than the other. But know that there are more Nas fans out there that agree with me then there are Jay-Z fans. And these fans aren't just dickriding, they understand what makes a diss isn't just facts, it's the ability for the song to stick in your head and scar the other person for life, which is what ether did. I never said it was the best diss song, i was commenting on the fact that I like the song better than takeover.

I'm tired of you faggot ass "so much older knowledge gods" supposedly, thinking you know everything about Hip Hop and what's right and wrong. People are entitled to their own opinions, and if having to have listened to much for more years makes you wiser, if that's the case you probably didn't start listening to Hip Hop till 97 or so, so what makes you any the much wiser? Fuck outta here with that logic. Don't judge a book by it's fuckin cover, or better yet it's number.

Get back at me when you aren't so biased.

SALAAM

Definitive X
07-18-2005, 11:13 AM
^^^^And Pac was about to reconcile with Nas near the end of his life...Nas was quite possibly the illest MC back in the day...Illmatic conquers Reasonable Doubt, It Was Written fucks up In My Lifetime, Stillmatic is just about equal to Blueprint...all you Jayhova dickriders: YA HOMEY AIN'T GOD!

adriatic
07-18-2005, 11:27 AM
yeah is that why 2pac jocked Nas' beat from the It Was Written album?

All Eyez On Me came out before It Was Written stupid.

And these fans aren't just dickriding, they understand what makes a diss isn't just facts, it's the ability for the song to stick in your head and scar the other person for life, which is what ether did.

Oh yeah Jay got scarred for life alright. 4 years later and where are they now? Jay went on to make one admittedly iffy album (Blueprint 2) and one good one (Black), is president of Def Jam, is fucking Beyonce, retired on top and is respected all over by fans and peers who aren't out and out haters like yourself. Yeah his life sure crumbled all around him didn't it?

Meanwhile Nas couldn't blow up his wack Bravehearts crew, made an iffy album of his own in Gods Son and a double album brick even worse than Blueprint 2, is probably half broke now trying to pay back his label and is STILL coasting after all these years off Illmatic and It Was Written to a lesser extent. Yeah Nas is top of the world.

if that's the case you probably didn't start listening to Hip Hop till 97 or so,

Aww how cute I see someones projecting. We all know you got started in 97 at the tender age of 8 with your Puffy tape before you got a little bit older and decided to become a typical "underground/pure hip-hop till I die" faggot.

wtf are you going for irony or something? You just came out and said you're a biased Nas fan, as if it wasn't obvious from every other wack post you make. Stay in your lane kid. And don't kill yourself over Jay spitting some Big lines in tribute either, life will get better for ya, I promise.

Godess
07-18-2005, 11:29 AM
Weird..

Definitive X
07-18-2005, 11:35 AM
All Eyez On Me came out before It Was Written stupid.
They had bootlegs like we did back then...who's to say Pac didn't pick that shit up? Btw, I am NOT a biased fan, I actually hated Nas until I bought Stillmatic...then I turned 180 degrees...

adriatic
07-18-2005, 11:41 AM
They had bootlegs like we did back then...who's to say Pac didn't pick that shit up? Btw, I am NOT a biased fan, I actually hated Nas until I bought Stillmatic...then I turned 180 degrees...
Oh so now its "well maybe Pac stole it from Nas whos to say" funny cause your boy sounded so sure before. First off lets not pretend that either Pac or Nas made that beat its a sampled song and yes...Pac happened to use it first. I was listening to hip-hop then, you guys were not so no offense, but just take my word for it. That's one of the things they beefed about actually.

And may I ask why Stillmatic made you a Nas fan? I like the album, but why would you like THAT one enough to make you listen to Nas and not say ILLMATIC, which blows it out of the fucking water?

Definitive X
07-18-2005, 11:42 AM
^^^Cuz I heard Stillmatic before Illmatic...

tical2000
07-18-2005, 11:43 AM
Fuck I like NAS too..............but I really hate some of the NAS fans.........they are such STANS..........they think eveverything NAS put out ever, it 100% classic.........they think everyone in the industry has copied NAS.........like come on here do you honestly think TUPAC got some bootleg copy of IT WAS WRITTEN, then ran out and did ALL EYES ON ME??? like this is just carzy NAS fan talk

Definitive X
07-18-2005, 11:46 AM
Fuck I like NAS too..............but I really hate some of the NAS fans.........they are such STANS..........they think eveverything NAS put out ever, it 100% classic.........they think everyone in the industry has copied NAS.........like come on here do you honestly think TUPAC got some bootleg copy of IT WAS WRITTEN, then ran out and did ALL EYES ON ME??? like this is just carzy NAS fan talk Okay, maybe I was a little out of my head on that one...but I'm NOT a crazy Nas fan...if I was, I wouldn't like the Black Album or the Blueprint so GOTdamn much...don't judge because of 1 comment...and I DON'T think every1 in the industry has copied Nas...that's why I don't consider him God, like Jay fans consider Jay-Z...so please, don't read THAT much into it...save your Hip-Hop Conspiracy Theories for the Immortal Technique forum...

adriatic
07-18-2005, 11:48 AM
Fuck I like NAS too..............but I really hate some of the NAS fans.........they are such STANS..........they think eveverything NAS put out ever, it 100% classic.........they think everyone in the industry has copied NAS.........like come on here do you honestly think TUPAC got some bootleg copy of IT WAS WRITTEN, then ran out and did ALL EYES ON ME??? like this is just carzy NAS fan talk
Haha yep. The 3 worst groups of die hard hip-hop fans are Nas stans, Pac stans, and Wu stans, but Nas stans just might be the most delusional of them all.

Definitive X
07-18-2005, 11:50 AM
^^^Shit, if you don't like Wu stans, why the FUCK are you on this forum?

adriatic
07-18-2005, 11:53 AM
^^^Cuz I heard Stillmatic before Illmatic...Oh shit I didn't see this.

So you hated Nas before Stillmatic but you didn't hear Illmatic. Ok thats fine fair enough.

So you heard shit like Oochie Wally and You Owe Me and all that goofy shit and thought it was wack right? I'm safe to assume this because you said you hated Nas right?

Well this is the same Nas material that Jay was calling out as wack on Takeover. So you basically agree with Jay-Z about that stage in Nas' career right? Good me too.

But wait...I thought Takeover was wack?! What happened?

And you really can't tell the difference between a stan and a fan? I'll never identify myself as a stan AKA dickrider AKA groupie of Wu-Tang like most of this site. I hate 90% of their new music I'm here to talk about their old classic shit and few good music since then. I get hated on by most of you Wu nerds for not kissing their ass and loving all their new shit and I've even been banned for liking Jay-Z and Dipset and not falling in line with some Eurotrash Wu faggots who think Birth of a Prince and Pretty Toney are classics. So stifle it kid.

sakk
07-18-2005, 11:55 AM
Haha yep. The 3 worst groups of die hard hip-hop fans are Nas stans, Pac stans, and Wu stans, but Nas stans just might be the most delusional of them all.
Using words like stans, one could decipher you might be an eminem stan. As far as being a wu "stan" they said it on the fuckin 36 chambers. Wu Tang Clan aint nothin to fuck with. GTFOH (Get the fuck outta here) with that stan bullshit.

Again, Nas killed Jay with Ether.

I like Jay and Nas.

Ether maybe not the BEST diss song but its high up there.

Definitive X
07-18-2005, 11:56 AM
^^^^Nah, I was 11 years old...and I never said Takeover was whack at all...matter of fact, I like that track a lot...I just think Ether was better...I had never really heard ANY of Nas's stuff when I was 11...but I liked Jay-Z cuz he had raw hooks and nice, glossified beats...but I didn't really enjoy any REAL hip-hop until I copped Stillmatic and Iron Flag...again, I was 11 years old...I lived in the suburbs...not too much of the real shit was coming my way...

tical2000
07-18-2005, 11:56 AM
Again you come out looking like a retard on this site........ALL EYES ON ME came out almost a year before the song off IT WAS WRITTEN "street Dreams".......so yes little NAS STAN.....NAS did bite the ALL EYES ON ME beat......get your facts straight dummy...........Like I say, I like NAS and JAY about the same, but there are some NAS fans who think that everything NAS has put out is the greatest shit ever, they are almost like MICHEAL JACKSON fans.

You say what makes a good diss song is: "it's the ability for the song to stick in your head and scar the other person for life"???? well I think that is exactly what "takeover" did to NAS.......what more can you say, than JAY saying that he fucked NAS's Baby momma? Does it get more harsh than this.......further JAY breaks down NAS's medicore albums that NAS dropped after ILLMATIC..

...sure dudes are entitled tio there opinions, but I swear some of these NAS fans will even go as far as to make up scenerios such as 2PAC copying NAS, even though 2PAC's cd came out like half a year before......like give me a break.......I like PAC, NAS, and JAY-Z but some of these cats are blinded by there absolute love for NAS.......

yeah is that why 2pac jocked Nas' beat from the It Was Written album? Fact is you probably are much as a Jay-Z fan as I am a Nas fan, let's stop with the bullshit now. Of course were not gonna say one song is better than the other. But know that there are more Nas fans out there that agree with me then there are Jay-Z fans. And these fans aren't just dickriding, they understand what makes a diss isn't just facts, it's the ability for the song to stick in your head and scar the other person for life, which is what ether did. I never said it was the best diss song, i was commenting on the fact that I like the song better than takeover.

I'm tired of you faggot ass "so much older knowledge gods" supposedly, thinking you know everything about Hip Hop and what's right and wrong. People are entitled to their own opinions, and if having to have listened to much for more years makes you wiser, if that's the case you probably didn't start listening to Hip Hop till 97 or so, so what makes you any the much wiser? Fuck outta here with that logic. Don't judge a book by it's fuckin cover, or better yet it's number.

SALAAM

Definitive X
07-18-2005, 11:57 AM
Oh shit I didn't see this.

So you hated Nas before Stillmatic but you didn't hear Illmatic. Ok thats fine fair enough.

So you heard shit like Oochie Wally and You Owe Me and all that goofy shit and thought it was wack right? I'm safe to assume this because you said you hated Nas right?

Well this is the same Nas material that Jay was calling out as wack on Takeover. So you basically agree with Jay-Z about that stage in Nas' career right? Good me too.

But wait...I thought Takeover was wack?! What happened?

Nah, I was 11 years old...and I never said Takeover was whack at all...matter of fact, I like that track a lot...I just think Ether was better...I had never really heard ANY of Nas's stuff when I was 11...but I liked Jay-Z cuz he had raw hooks and nice, glossified beats...but I didn't really enjoy any REAL hip-hop until I copped Stillmatic and Iron Flag...again, I was 11 years old...I lived in the suburbs...not too much of the real shit was coming my way...

07-18-2005, 12:01 PM
yo tical got some nerve callin people stans when he's the biggest Jay-Z and G Unit fan on this site

Definitive X
07-18-2005, 12:02 PM
^^^^HaHA! I knew there was something wrong with tical...I wonder if he's got a tattoo of 50 Cent's bullet-ridden body on his arm, or Jay-Z's thick-ass lips on his ass...that shit is just funny to me...

adriatic
07-18-2005, 12:04 PM
Xtadas if you did like Takeover then thats my bad then I was thinking of Sun Tzu but hey if all you kids on this site didn't have no personality and interchangable opinions I might not get you all mixed up so easily.

And I realize 2001 seems like a long time ago in the context of your life but in the real word its really not not too much has changed big deal now you're a 15 year old from the burbs. And I don't care about where you're from or how old you are I don't live in the city either but if I disagree with you I disagree what more can I say.

Tical 2000 is killing the rest of you cornballs keep it up.^O^

Definitive X
07-18-2005, 12:05 PM
^^^^Peace, adriatic, I got the same opinions on everything...and there ain't a problem with having a good arguement...

tical2000
07-18-2005, 12:07 PM
yo tical got some nerve callin people stans when he's the biggest Jay-Z and G Unit fan on this site
Naw dude, I aint a STAN cause I can like cats like JAY-Z, NAS, PAC, BIGGIE.......and I dont have to pick side and get all delusional and shit.........you know saying everything one of them did was the greatest shit in the whole world......I also have the frame of mind where I can like a cat that gets play on MTV or a cat from the underground

07-18-2005, 12:10 PM
You say what makes a good diss song is: "it's the ability for the song to stick in your head and scar the other person for life"???? well I think that is exactly what "takeover" did to NAS.......what more can you say, than JAY saying that he fucked NAS's Baby momma? Does it get more harsh than this.......further JAY breaks down NAS's medicore albums that NAS dropped after ILLMATIC..

...sure dudes are entitled tio there opinions, but I swear some of these NAS fans will even go as far as to make up scenerios such as 2PAC copying NAS, even though 2PAC's cd came out like half a year before......like give me a break.......I like PAC, NAS, and JAY-Z but some of these cats are blinded by there absolute love for NAS.......you haven't heard The Message? Truthfully it was a subliminal at 2pac, but they use the same beats. And a couple of months means nothing. And you say that shit about Jay-Z, but who still agreed that Nas won? Who remembers Ether the most from that Battle? The fact is more people respect Nas than Jay-Z, get that shit through ya head, as much as you like Jay-Z.

Like Xtadas said It Was Written is a good album, and in my opinion I Am is pretty damn good. You talk shit about it but almost all the joints on there are ill as fuck...
NY State of Mind, pt. 2
We Will Survive
Nas is Like
I Want To Talk To You
the fuckin list goes on....

Nastradamus was a mediocre album, but let's talk about Jay-Z

what does he have before Dynasty? Resonable Doubt and Vol. 1 That's about it, every thing else is on Nastradamus level, so what are you sayin about albums? (and Dynasty ain't too good)

You the most biased person on the site, you always attack people when they don't agree Jay-Z is the best

07-18-2005, 12:11 PM
just face the fact that more people like Nas then more people like Jay-Z, it's cool

tical2000
07-18-2005, 12:22 PM
Well you are the dude who was saying that 2PAC bit NAS's beat for STREET DREAMS even though 2PAC put his album out half a year before..........now you are saying a couple months means nothing??? Sounds like you are backpeddeling now out of what you said......whatever

I can agree with you.....people probably do respect NAS more than JAY-Z (look I agree, It is called being obejective, and not delusional like some NAS fans on this board)

I also think IT WAS WRITTEN is a classic record (I like NAS and JAY about the same, I aint a dickrider)

But, JAY is talking about NAS's mediocre albums I AM and NASTRADMAS......and dude these albums are very mediocre..........sure there are some ill tracks....."NAS IS LIKE" is sick, "NY state of mind", etc.........however the problem is, and what JAY is expossing is that all NAS's albums after IT WAS WRITTEN have been very inconsistant and mediocre, sure there are good tracks on all the albums NAS has dropped after IWW, but his albums are full of fast forward joints as well.....even up to last years STREETS DISCIPLE I think this holds true......ya alot of dope tracks but alot of filler too.

I dont attack people who dont agree with JAY-Z.....cause I like NAS and JAY about the same

JAY has dropped garbage: Dynasty, BLUEPRINT 2, VOL 3,

If you ask me here are the classics by each

NAS: ILLMATIC, IT WAS WRITTEN, LOST TAPES
JAY-Z: REASONABLE DOUBT, VOl2: hardknock, BLUEPRINT, BlACK album

like I say, I aint no delusional " I like only NAS fan, everything he did is great, everything JAY did is shit" fan
you haven't heard The Message? Truthfully it was a subliminal at 2pac, but they use the same beats. And a couple of months means nothing. And you say that shit about Jay-Z, but who still agreed that Nas won? Who remembers Ether the most from that Battle? The fact is more people respect Nas than Jay-Z, get that shit through ya head, as much as you like Jay-Z.

Like Xtadas said It Was Written is a good album, and in my opinion I Am is pretty damn good. You talk shit about it but almost all the joints on there are ill as fuck...
NY State of Mind, pt. 2
We Will Survive
Nas is Like
I Want To Talk To You
the fuckin list goes on....

Nastradamus was a mediocre album, but let's talk about Jay-Z

what does he have before Dynasty? Resonable Doubt and Vol. 1 That's about it, every thing else is on Nastradamus level, so what are you sayin about albums?

You the most biased person on the site, you always attack people when they don't agree Jay-Z is the best

tical2000
07-18-2005, 12:25 PM
just face the fact that more people like Nas then more people like Jay-Z, it's cool
who cares is this a pep rally???? I thought we were talking lyrics and hip hop.....not a fuckin popularity contest.........dont just follow what the majority on this site think...use you own brain

07-18-2005, 12:26 PM
an album can come out a couple of months before another album, but that doesn't mean they can't be made at the same time........albums can take years to make. And like the AZ/Cam'ron thing, (listen to Mo Money Mo Murder (Homicide) and Real Niggaz) the producer probably gave them both the rights to the beat with or without knowing, probably did know but just didn't care cause he got paid.

07-18-2005, 12:28 PM
who cares is this a pep rally???? I thought we were talking lyrics and hip hop.....not a fuckin popularity contest.........dont just follow what the majority on this site think...use you own brain
ok let's talk about lyrics and lemme use my own brain......

WHO BIT NAS??? WHO USED LINES FROM NAS AS A CHORUS TO MAKE HIS OWN SHIT HOTTER? AND MORE THAN ONCE AT THAT? If Jay-Z stayed the least bit original I would still have respect for him, but naw, you just can't let bitin slide.....but whatever

dojo_pros
07-18-2005, 12:39 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/dojo_pros/banners/NAS20IS20LIKE20ETHER.jpg

tical2000
07-18-2005, 12:41 PM
an album can come out a couple of months before another album, but that doesn't mean they can't be made at the same time........albums can take years to make. And like the AZ/Cam'ron thing, (listen to Mo Money Mo Murder (Homicide) and Real Niggaz) the producer probably gave them both the rights to the beat with or without knowing, probably did know but just didn't care cause he got paid.Sure I agree...........but you brought it up, and came out saying that 2PAC bit NAS......so I called you on it..........now you are saying that it does not matter and are making excuses for NAS

When you thought 2PAC's recod came out after......PAC was a bitter......now you know that NAS's album came out later, and you are making excuses???

stop dick riding

tical2000
07-18-2005, 12:45 PM
ok let's talk about lyrics and lemme use my own brain......

WHO BIT NAS??? WHO USED LINES FROM NAS AS A CHORUS TO MAKE HIS OWN SHIT HOTTER? AND MORE THAN ONCE AT THAT? If Jay-Z stayed the least bit original I would still have respect for him, but naw, you just can't let bitin slide.....but whatever
have you listend to hip hop? or DJ PREMIER for that matter.........all hip hop artists sample eachother........scratch samples in some times.......GANGSTARR does it all the time......everyone does

big deal he sampled his voice........ever hear NAS IS LIKE.....he samples a bucnh of dudes......it is hip hop

07-18-2005, 12:45 PM
no i am saying it is too close a time period to know for sure...and I can think of numerous excuses that many of you jay-z stans have made up for his NUMEROUS OCCATIONS OF BITING.......when i made this thread for example WHICH HAD THE PROOF RIGHT BEFORE YOUR EARS http://www.wutangcorp.com/showthread.php?t=1331&highlight=Jay-Z+biter

oh wait you posted in that thread and came up with the excuses for Jay-Z.......that's right

07-18-2005, 12:46 PM
LOL yo said Nas is Like, lol he sampled himself....I'm sayin for someone who is supposedly better how the hell are you gonna Bite and take lines from him constantly then have the nerve to diss him.

adriatic
07-18-2005, 02:23 PM
an album can come out a couple of months before another album, but that doesn't mean they can't be made at the same time........albums can take years to make. And like the AZ/Cam'ron thing, (listen to Mo Money Mo Murder (Homicide) and Real Niggaz) the producer probably gave them both the rights to the beat with or without knowing, probably did know but just didn't care cause he got paid.
Yes this is all possible and yet its still not quite the same as Pac being so enamored with the Nas song he ripped off the beat for himself like you were saying earlier now is it Stanley?

Oh and based on album sales Jay is more liked than Nas actually-not that it matters to me one way or the other and it shouldn't to you either. But in the words of your idol "dickriding faggot you love the attention"

07-18-2005, 02:50 PM
Then that also means MC Hammer, Vanilla Ice, etc are the most popular rappers of all time, really don't bring pointless facts into the conversation. All I said it's a strange coicidence that they have the same beat......on another note, who the hell uses the word stan? lol the same could be said for your admiration of Jay-Z, but I'm stating what I know and feel is true, Nas won that battle. Many people can back me up on that. Also Nas doesn't bite on the level of ya so called "god emcee", so why do you still even respect him?

man i didn't know that liking a emcee or a song could make you a stan........:lmao: what stupidity

adriatic
07-18-2005, 02:57 PM
This fuckin kid Sun Tzu is straight comedy. Lets go over what has transpired here:

1. Sun Tzu says face the facts more people like Nas than Jay

2. I correct him and explain to him no actually more people like Jay

3. Sun Tzu gets homotional and says now popularity doesnt matter and brings up Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer as if he didn't try to make this a poplularity contest to begin with

:?

Son do you have a chemical imbalance or something? Seriously seek help little man wtf

07-18-2005, 03:02 PM
ok I'm talking about sales, more people brought Jay-Z albums so the fuck what. Ask anybody who they like, 9 times outta ten they will say Nas.......Seriously, stop dickriding Jay-Z

07-18-2005, 03:05 PM
wow you gotta result to name calling to get your point across, i thought you were "supposedly" a man? Grow the fuck up and debate like a adult, you have some fuckin child like tactics

07-18-2005, 03:05 PM
i'm done dealing with people like you, don't bother replying, I'm done arguing. Have a nice life cause I'm glad I will never meet you.

adriatic
07-18-2005, 03:08 PM
Well no actually if more people liked Nas then more people would buy Nas albums. Maybe if you asked more people who post on this site who is better 9 out of 10 will say Nas because most of you are Jay-Z hating, underground only loving dickriding faggot kids...but that's not a demographic of opinions I'm too worried about.

Sales don't mean shit in terms of quality music anyway the fucking Backstreet Boys have sold more than Jay-Z, Nas and Wu-Tang put together do they make better music no. Well maybe you're a closet fan cause you got your first hard-on slow dancing with a fat chick to I Want it That Way at your eighth grade dance a few years ago but that's your perogative.

07-18-2005, 03:09 PM
wow you are a ignorant person, you feel happy? Nas ain't underground, he went mainstream a long time ago, and you say you like good music but yet you hate underground fans? they're only listening to good music, so what's your point?

I said before "sales mean nothing" money can run out, real music lasts forever. Nas makes classic music, people will remember Nas long before they remember Jay-Z. Period. I'm done with this conversation

adriatic
07-18-2005, 03:23 PM
Well the fact you keep editing your posts and trying to get the last word shows me you're not done with this conversation.

Nas went mainstream but he's one of the "ok to like" mainstream artists according to kids like you so he doesn't count. And yes Nas has made classic hip-hop. So has Jay-Z. If you don't agree good for you I really don't care. And time will tell who is remembered more decades from now me I like them both so I could really give a fuck unlike you who has a personal investment in this for some reason.

And please don't tell me the underground is nothing but good music a lot of it is straight trash. There is good and bad music in the underground scene just like there is a good and bad music on the mainstream. I let my ears decide for me what I like instead of boxing music into categories. But then I'm also not a confused 16 year old who feels the need to belong to something- its all just music to me.

Analyze
07-18-2005, 03:27 PM
I swear alot of y'all niggas sound as if y'all started listening to this shit recently. If you were listening in the '90's NAS had shit on lock along with Big and the Wu, im talking long before million dollar videos, radio and and all that commercial shit. Its a lot different going back and listening to some shit that was released 10 years ago and compare it with shit today. It amazes me that a nigga could say they heard Stillmatic before Illmatic and even try to have an opinion on NAS, nigga, if I were you I would sit back shut the hell up and listen to niggas who know what they're talking about. Yeah, Jay was hot before he sold and went lame, he dropped a few joints sold a few records but that dont make that nigga nicer than NAS, really if you listen to Super Ugly he was on some real defensive shit because NAS shook that nigga's soul and everyone knew it, niggas was telling him dont fuck with him, he did and NAS shut his whole squad down. If G-Unit, Eminem and Jay-Z on latter years brought into rap, first, I would like to say welcome, next go get the CD's of the golden years 92-97 and enjoy them for their creativity, artistry, and emotion then come back on here and then we can talk. Oh, speaking of the Jay- Z one album every ten year average, Vol 3, The Dynasty, BP 2, and the Black Album are garabge so like I said the nigga wasnt spittin facts only mere opinions that Tical2000(step your rap knowledge up)happen to agree with. Shit even Hova knew he got destroyed.

Wu Forever

07-18-2005, 03:38 PM
I swear alot of y'all niggas sound as if y'all started listening to this shit recently. If you were listening in the '90's NAS had shit on lock along with Big and the Wu, im talking long before million dollar videos, radio and and all that commercial shit. Its a lot different going back and listening to some shit that was released 10 years ago and compare it with shit today. It amazes me that a nigga could say they heard Stillmatic before Illmatic and even try to have an opinion on NAS, nigga, if I were you I would sit back shut the hell up and listen to niggas who know what they're talking about. Yeah, Jay was hot before he sold and went lame, he dropped a few joints sold a few records but that dont make that nigga nicer than NAS, really if you listen to Super Ugly he was on some real defensive shit because NAS shook that nigga's soul and everyone knew it, niggas was telling him dont fuck with him, he did and NAS shut his whole squad down. If G-Unit, Eminem and Jay-Z on latter years brought into rap, first, I would like to say welcome, next go get the CD's of the golden years 92-97 and enjoy them for their creativity, artistry, and emotion then come back on here and then we can talk. Oh, speaking of the Jay- Z one album every ten year average, Vol 3, The Dynasty, BP 2, and the Black Album are garabge so like I said the nigga wasnt spittin facts only mere opinions that Tical2000(step your rap knowledge up)happen to agree with. Shit even Hova knew he got destroyed.

Wu Forever

ex-fuckin-actly

tical2000
07-18-2005, 03:48 PM
This fuckin kid Sun Tzu is straight comedy. Lets go over what has transpired here:

1. Sun Tzu says face the facts more people like Nas than Jay

2. I correct him and explain to him no actually more people like Jay

3. Sun Tzu gets homotional and says now popularity doesnt matter and brings up Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer as if he didn't try to make this a poplularity contest to begin with

:?

Son do you have a chemical imbalance or something? Seriously seek help little man wtf
haha so true

SUN TZA said this to me:
1. Pac ripped off Nas because STREET DREAMS came out before ALL EYES ON ME.......he was wrong though 2PAC's ALL EYES ON ME came out like a half year before IT WAS WRITTEN......I tell this to SUN TZA and he comes back with excuses for NAS.........so if PAC's album came out before NAS, acoording to your logic, NAS would be the bitter???? Not in SUN TZA's Delusioned I love NAS to death world.
2. SUN TZA comes at me and says that JAY-Z is some sort of bitter casue he sampled NAS on reasonable doubt...........I explain that everyone in hip hop samples eachother's vocals.....DJ PRIEMIER, etc......NAS does this all the time to on albums like IT WAS WRITTEN, etc.......it is just hip hop, that what artists do........to SUN TZA, it dont matter JAY is a bitter no matter what???

This has gotten so funny......I like JAY and NAS the same........but this delusional NAS kid is to funny to keep shooting down

tical2000
07-18-2005, 03:54 PM
You brought up the popularity thing yourself.............now it is pointless to you????

man this kid twists shit around, and he is getting hammered here, lets leave him alone.....

hey SUN TZU, everything NAS has done is gold........everything JAY-Z or TUPAC done has been shit.......TUPAC jocked NAS's style, JAY -Z is no talent bitter and is well beneath NAS..........Nas has never made a bunk song.....NAS is the mnost popular rapper in the world

are you happy now

Then that also means MC Hammer, Vanilla Ice, etc are the most popular rappers of all time, really don't bring pointless facts into the conversation. All I said it's a strange coicidence that they have the same beat......on another note, who the hell uses the word stan? lol the same could be said for your admiration of Jay-Z, but I'm stating what I know and feel is true, Nas won that battle. Many people can back me up on that. Also Nas doesn't bite on the level of ya so called "god emcee", so why do you still even respect him?

man i didn't know that liking a emcee or a song could make you a stan........:lmao: what stupidity

07-18-2005, 03:55 PM
First off kid, if you knew any shit you'd know Jay-Z BIT NAS ON BLUEPRINT (pass the cup around the room that's the ritual shit that was a Nas line from VERBAL INTERCOURSE AKA DEJA VU). Second, I told you it's a strange coincidence that they have the same beats and the albums came out A COUPLE OF MONTHS IN BETWEEN EACH OTHER. and Like I also said how you gonna diss your idol, cause he samples him so much. GET YOUR FACTS STRAGHT, God, I see you on all these threads, GET YOUR DAMN FACTS STRAIGHT.....MY DAMN NAME IS SUN TZU NOT TZA ITS TZU Respect the name, because I ain't disrespecting you.......

07-18-2005, 03:59 PM
You brought up the popularity thing yourself.............now it is pointless to you????

man this kid twists shit around, and he is getting hammered here, lets leave him alone.....

hey SUN TZU, everything NAS has done is gold........everything JAY-Z or TUPAC done has been shit.......TUPAC jocked NAS's style, JAY -Z is no talent bitter and is well beneath NAS..........Nas has never made a bunk song.....NAS is the mnost popular rapper in the world

are you happy now

you just took what I said to adriatic twisted it??? I don't care if you agree with me, I want you to respect my opinion because I respect yours, just don't go around forcing it on people and expect them not to retaliate...That whole superiority thing is useless kid...Yeah i'm getting ganged by a bunch of Jay-Z fans, what the fuck you think? Ya'll just wanna twist what I say and turn it against me, don't make sense but what the fuck ever, just don't hop on my balls every time i say JAY-Z IS A UNORIGINAL BITER, who only had three good albums

tical2000
07-18-2005, 04:03 PM
First off kid, if you knew any shit you'd know Jay-Z BIT NAS ON BLUEPRINT (pass the cup around the room that's the ritual shit that was a Nas line from VERBAL INTERCOURSE AKA DEJA VU). Second, I told you it's a strange coincidence that they have the same beats and the albums came out A COUPLE OF MONTHS IN BETWEEN EACH OTHER. and Like I also said how you gonna diss your idol, cause he samples him so much. GET YOUR FACTS STRAGHT, God, I see you on all these threads, GET YOUR DAMN FACTS STRAIGHT.....MY DAMN NAME IS SUN TZU NOT TZA ITS TZU Respect the name, because I ain't disrespecting you.......
your telling me to get my facts straight???? You came out here running you gums about how NAS IT WAS WRITTEN came out before 2PAC ALL EYES ON ME.....saying that 2PAC bit NAS's beat.......when your ass was wrong

JAY-Z bit NAS on BLUEPRINT........did he say a line that resmembles a NAS.......maybe he did, who gives a shit really........on a NAS super fan would make a big deal about that.........truth is that BLUEPRINT is a better album than anything NAS has put out since IT WAS WRITTEN.

If I spelled you name wrong, I am sorry, no need to get your tampon out of place

07-18-2005, 04:09 PM
GO BACK AND READ I SAID THEY CAME OUT "AROUND THE SAME TIME" why are you twisting facts to get you're point across? You obviously haven't even listened to the songs either, because they ARE THE EXACT SAME BEAT. And about the biting, ok you say that, but what about the millions of other lines he has bit? You're acting just like you did in the other post where I posted PROOF of him biting, get the fuck off his dick, yeah he made some good music back in 96-97, but since that point he's become a biter.....and if you can honestly sit down and listen to God's Son and Stillmatic and not like those albums then you got some problems.....but w/e you entitled to your opinion...

I'm not gonna stoop to your level and call you shit like a little preschool child, because this is the internet, it ain't gonna prove shit, you don't know me and i'm glad I don't know you...

07-18-2005, 04:12 PM
seriously leave it be, i see you replying, i don't care yo we ain't gonna agree, fuck off with it

07-18-2005, 04:26 PM
Tical2000 shut the FUCK up stop hatin on every thing that aint 100 percent commercial. I like nas and jay but yall takin it to far keep your one sided onpinions to your self, some main stream rappers are good but the majority of them sacrifice lyricsm for money which makes every song you see on the radio or tv the same so until u can open your mind or prove your opinions SHUT THE FUCK UP

tical2000
07-18-2005, 04:28 PM
GO BACK AND READ I SAID THEY CAME OUT "AROUND THE SAME TIME" why are you twisting facts to get you're point across? You obviously haven't even listened to the songs either, because they ARE THE EXACT SAME BEAT. And about the biting, ok you say that, but what about the millions of other lines he has bit? You're acting just like you did in the other post where I posted PROOF of him biting, get the fuck off his dick, yeah he made some good music back in 96-97, but since that point he's become a biter.....and if you can honestly sit down and listen to God's Son and Stillmatic and not like those albums then you got some problems.....but w/e you entitled to your opinion...

I'm not gonna stoop to your level and call you shit like a little preschool child, because this is the internet, it ain't gonna prove shit, you don't know me and i'm glad I don't know you...
ya I like GODS SON......good album

The differnce here, is that I can sit here and like JAY-Z and NAS the same, they both got dope albums that I bump alot........I aint no super NAS fan that i am blind to the fact that JAY has put out some good music in his day........has he bit some lines, yep...........almost every rapper out there today has bitten some of JAY's rhymes.

What gets me vexed is when NAS super-fans some of y'all are as delusional as Michael Jackson fans

07-18-2005, 04:31 PM
same can be said about you jay-z fans.....if not more

tical2000
07-18-2005, 04:33 PM
Did you read what I said? I like JAY-Z and NAS about the same..........you on the other hand are 100% on NAS dick and think JAY-Z is complete bullshit.....

Okay i am done now

same can be said about you jay-z fans.....if not more

07-18-2005, 04:35 PM
http://www.wutangcorp.com/showthread.php?t=1331&highlight=fuck+jay-z

yo all you do in this thread is ride Jay-Z dick and there are other threads too, you CAN NOT say you ain't on Jay-Z dick yo, don't even start with that bullshit, and i acknowledge that Jay-Z had 3 good albums, and you right, i'm done with this crap too

if you also look at that thread you can see how me and kell16 had a argument about it but that's the way you suppose to have one

Bedlam
07-18-2005, 04:41 PM
Wow, this thread just turned out to be Nas vs Jay-Z again.

brown_dogg
07-18-2005, 10:37 PM
Can someone upload "Ether"? or send it to my gmail or something. thanx.