PDA

View Full Version : MGS Portable Ops for PSP?!?!?

born invincible
12-22-2006, 09:30 PM
had a copy reserved for like 4 months and when i got it finally.. it told me to update my firmware. no biggie.. i was willing to trade my homebrew for some MGS... during the update my PSP turned off. i am now the proud owner of a $250 brick. thank you Sony.

anyone play this game yet?

oDoUoSoKo
12-23-2006, 11:17 AM
made this thread 2 months ago...i pre ordered and got it with a psp case...very hot...game is pretty good.

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
12-23-2006, 03:26 PM
oh shit what are you gonna do to get ya psp fixed??? can you??

TAURO
12-24-2006, 01:31 PM
I just bought a PSP just for this game, it hasn't come out yet but when it does...

oDoUoSoKo
12-24-2006, 01:44 PM
wut hasnt come out? ive had portable ops for like 2 weeks.

Bloo
12-27-2006, 12:11 AM
oh shit what are you gonna do to get ya psp fixed??? can you??

Oh yeah, he can get it fixed, gonna cost him though...

1. You can go online and find someone selling a new PSP motherboard, but then there's the pesky task of installing it. Try the boys over at llamma.com first. They're usually willing to offer you a deal for a new motherboard plus installation if they can't salvage the one you already have.

2. Or you can get a modchip. Those are still kinds expensive though and you still have to install it, which is more of a pain in the ass than replacing a motherboard as you'd have to be pretty good at soldering small shit.

RagnaroK
12-29-2006, 02:54 PM
im thinking of getting one in the next month if i can but that shit still 250 fucking price don't go down i gonna get metal gear ops socom and one racing game any other game worth buying the psp for?

36chambers
12-31-2006, 12:47 PM
I heard you can go online with Portable Ops, is this true? Can you play people online? That would be ill.

Bloo
12-31-2006, 11:30 PM
Yeah, but the online play is similar to what you got in MGS3: Subsistance from what I hear. I haven't played that online yet so I don't know but if you liked that then this should be pretty similar to it.

CherChezLaMarauder
01-01-2007, 08:20 PM
I'm in the middle of building a formidable spy unit. I just crossed the rail bridge to hit the harbor. i'm in for a surprise but idk what it is. Fun game

CherChezLaMarauder
01-01-2007, 08:50 PM
right now as we speak i have my Soldier Radar activated. it's been on for the past 20 mintues. its a bitch trying to go out on the field and shoot soldiers with tranquilizer guns. i picked up 3 recruits. Stragedy, baby (bugs bunny lingo)

36chambers
01-02-2007, 03:18 PM
I just bought a PSP just for this game, it hasn't come out yet but when it does...

U know you can import USA/Japanese games for your UK PSP! The UMDs for PSPs are multi region. Ive ordered MGS:PO from the USA, just waiting for it to come.

born invincible
01-05-2007, 08:35 PM
psp still bricked.. too stingy to cough up the money to get it fixed!!! portable ops will have to wait!

36chambers
01-05-2007, 08:38 PM
Thats a bitch Born. I wanted to downgrade my version to a 2.80, but I heard It could go wrong, so I might just leave it as it is.

TAURO
01-05-2007, 08:48 PM
U know you can import USA/Japanese games for your UK PSP! The UMDs for PSPs are multi region. Ive ordered MGS:PO from the USA, just waiting for it to come.

It never occured to me to import, may have to do this in future.

36chambers
01-05-2007, 08:59 PM
You should, Portable Ops doesn't officially come out over here until September time.

RagnaroK
01-13-2007, 11:27 PM
i was hesitating to buy a psp so what did? i bought a game just to see if the game is good enough to get a psp yess that game is mgs ops and yess is worth to buy a psp to play this game is better then i expected the comic scene are great what was a bit of a let down was the no voice over radio but tha would have been to much asking this game is great convincing soldiers to joint you and using them is the dopes shit ever im glad i decide to buy this game and now im convince to get a psp

next game in line are socom 2 and need for speed

RagnaroK
01-20-2007, 09:35 PM
did any of you finish the game already im on the first fight with RAXA is there still a long way or im finishing the game already? is the game long?

Bloo
01-21-2007, 11:46 PM
You should, Portable Ops doesn't officially come out over here until September time.

Deezam! a whole nine months wait. That's really sucky.