View Full Version : DO NOT see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

deadlymelody
07-15-2005, 11:32 PM
It's shit.

SHIT

Thats all.

ThePharaohNosferatu
07-16-2005, 12:34 AM
That movie was good, ya must not be open to dark Comedy, what ya all about action and violent movies?

come on ya gots to be open to different types of movies. This movie was done well, its good that they didnt fuck up the classic one, but still the classic is GREAT!

this one was good, the only bad thing about it was the Oompa Lompas, it was one guy, they just multiplied his ass, BUT BOY WAS HE FUNNY!!!

Dont go see it if ya not open to all types of movies, but if ya are, you'll laugh ya ass off, not that much but you'll leave the movie happy!

jugurnuat
07-16-2005, 01:13 AM
that movie creeped me the fuck out i can handle any scary movie you put in front of me but damn did depp freak me out

deadlymelody
07-16-2005, 12:32 PM
That movie was good, ya must not be open to dark Comedy, what ya all about action and violent movies?

come on ya gots to be open to different types of movies. This movie was done well, its good that they didnt fuck up the classic one, but still the classic is GREAT!

this one was good, the only bad thing about it was the Oompa Lompas, it was one guy, they just multiplied his ass, BUT BOY WAS HE FUNNY!!!

Dont go see it if ya not open to all types of movies, but if ya are, you'll laugh ya ass off, not that much but you'll leave the movie happy!
In my best wigger voice:

"Awww hell no!"

RynMur
07-16-2005, 03:13 PM
I didn't watch the movie, but from what i heard, it sounds like they ruined the movie.

ThePharaohNosferatu
07-16-2005, 03:18 PM
Not really

Hayabusa
07-16-2005, 03:33 PM
U don't have to tell us not to see it but u do have to tell us what did YOU go see it lmao... How can a movie wit a G or PG rating have dark comedy in it by the way???? LOL

Definitive X
07-16-2005, 03:34 PM
^^^^Watch "The Incredibles"...

ThePharaohNosferatu
07-16-2005, 03:42 PM
Indirect comedy, in which they actor doesnt seem to be funny but it is, the comedy is more for older kids and adults.

Eerie Theories
07-16-2005, 04:01 PM
I think they did a good job on it..the oompa loompas was the midget in the circus from Big Fish and Charlies mom was the witch from that movie. I didnt really like Johnny Depp too much in this, his "wierd" personality didnt interest me but overall it was a movie that left me feeling happy.

Skellington
07-16-2005, 04:16 PM
Wasn't about to watch it, Hollywood needs to stop with them remakes!! They always turn out shitty.....

deadlymelody
07-16-2005, 04:46 PM
Exactly! Alright well from the 1 hour I was watching it before me and my friend walked out, yes that was the 1st time either of us walked out on a movie, everything from the original that was redone here, was worse. I am talking no catchy songs like "pure imagination" come on everyone knows that song, to the oompa loompas that were dressed up in some stupid red suit. When that violet girl eats that gum and the guy goes "Violet your turning violet, violet!" it's hilarious in the original. In the remake, the womans like "Violet your turing violet," in a non funny way. The songs the oopma loompas did, were basically horrible and tried way too hard. And all of this occured in a one hour span we didn't even need to see the end because we already knew how it would result!

ThePharaohNosferatu
07-16-2005, 04:55 PM
Well this movie did have a different approach to the ending,ya missed that

Eerie Theories
07-16-2005, 04:57 PM
The squirrle scene was hilarious, had the better of the bad oompa songs the ending was good but kinda drawn out. I was surprised it was as long as it was.

JOHNNY_TICAL
07-16-2005, 06:50 PM
Dat Shit Is Trippin I Bet... If I C It... I Would C It Faded/...::: High As Fuck.... I Remember Da 1st One .. I Seen It High As Fuck ... And It Wuz Funny As Hell.. Also Quite A Tripp...

Peace !

whitey
07-16-2005, 10:06 PM
just knowing tim burton directed it you had to know it was gonna be done in a differnet intentionally weird, dark fashion.

i havent seen it, and it doesnt really interest me much. i wouldnt mind knowing the ending if its a bit different though.

ThePharaohNosferatu
07-16-2005, 10:19 PM
HE still gets the Factory.

***Spoiler***

In this movie tho, Willy wonka gives the factory to charlie but Wonka doesnt want Charlies family to move in, so Charlie rehects the offer and continues living poor. then after a while of thinkg Wonka makes Charlie go with him to see his father which he hasnt seen for 20 years, then Willy Wonka Softens up and gives the Factory to Charlie and allows his family to live in it.

Shitao
07-17-2005, 04:23 AM
Wasn't about to watch it, Hollywood needs to stop with them remakes!! They always turn out shitty.....
Ohhhh Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tim Burton IS NOT the typical Hollywood artist. This man is a poet. A poet lost in Hollywood who used this system to make the films he liked when he was child.
"vincent", "edward", "beetlejuice", "batman returns", "ed wood", "Jack....", "big fish".... All this movies/fairytales are classic to me.

Ok for "Charly....". If you really love the one of 1971, the Burton version is really different. I see it and I really love. Crazy, beautifull, amazing score... And Depp... This man is actually THE best actor of his generation.

So please guys dont put this remake on the same level of all this wax productions: "ring", "dark water", "the grudge"... Its not the same thing.

PowerHouseKickout
07-17-2005, 04:31 AM
fuck you !! i'm gonna watch that shit

who the hell are you for telling people not to see some shit

manhattanknight77
07-17-2005, 10:32 AM
how ur going to say dont see this movie solely based on ur opinion. people have different taste.

check two
07-19-2005, 12:07 AM
Tim Burton has made some bad movies such as the remake to Planet of the Apes.

Shitao
07-19-2005, 04:28 AM
Tim Burton has made some bad movies such as the remake to Planet of the Apes.
And???? Tell me one director who only made good movies. Kurosawa? No. Kubrick? No. Scorsese? No.

Tim Burton has made some bad movies? I'm ok with you "Planet of the apes" sux. The original is a classic. What the other Tim Burton bad movies for you? "Mars Attack"? I love this movie. "Batman returns"? Fucking gothic masterpiece. My favorite Batman.

So guys...stop to say "bad movie", "dont see this movie". Or give us an argumentation. Say "I dont like this movie"and tell us WHY.

Lebanese_Warrior
07-27-2005, 12:22 PM
The movie sucked, watch the original, the Tim Burton twist to the film was a huge mistake!

Queen Of Poetry
07-27-2005, 01:24 PM
I didn't think it was all the great but my daughter enjoyed it (of course she's only 3).

Shitao
07-27-2005, 01:34 PM
I didn't think it was all the great but my daughter enjoyed it (of course she's only 3).
Exactly. I dont really feeling the end, but its a good movie. Specially for little boys and girls :)

LadySnowBlood
07-27-2005, 08:24 PM
shit, i've really been looking forward too seeing it.
I'll wait till it gets on video...

but i love movies for 3 yr olds!

Ronin
07-28-2005, 05:22 AM
shitao, get off burtons dick, LMAO at depp being the best of his generation, if acting a fag all the time and being 'abstract' is dope then hollywood sucks (it does)

tim burton movies are decent but samey, kurasawa shits on him and hes from about 6 decades back...no one could tell a story like akira and have such brilliant and differnt characters who u actually care about

Shitao
07-28-2005, 06:22 AM
shitao, get off burtons dick, LMAO at depp being the best of his generation, if acting a fag all the time and being 'abstract' is dope then hollywood sucks (it does)

tim burton movies are decent but samey, kurasawa shits on him and hes from about 6 decades back...no one could tell a story like akira and have such brilliant and differnt characters who u actually care about
Are you stupid man?
Kurosawa is one of my best directors of all time with Kubrick and Leone. I never said "Burton is better than Kuro" LOL.
BUT actually, in the Hollywood system, Burton is my favorite film maker.

And once again, FOR ME, Depp is the best american actor of his generation. A man who played with amazing directors (Jarmusch, John Waters, Kusturica, Terry Gilliam and , excuse me, BURTON) and who saved a lot of movie (Once Upon a Time in Mexico, The Ninth Gate...). He made wacks movies sure (I hate Blow, From hell...). He acting like a fag???? Ok ok.....

Ronin
07-28-2005, 08:17 AM
in most movies he plays a bumbling idiot like hugh grant

!=MatheMaticS=!
07-28-2005, 08:45 AM
lol funny shit i wasnt going to see this anyway

SurreaL
07-28-2005, 09:07 AM
that movie creeped me the fuck out i can handle any scary movie you put in front of me but damn did depp freak me out

He's one of my fav actor's, the guy can play some really weird role's.

Wu-Tality
07-29-2005, 03:26 AM
Na, Depp owns man, might not be the best actor, but like Shitao said, theres not much around these days, and even though Depp kinda imated some famous rocker in Pirates of the Caribbean, I really enjoyed that movie and his character.

Ronin
07-29-2005, 06:02 AM
yeah, im not saying hes shit by any means

hes just obver rated

but to be fair, there aint many dope actors around, the oldies still kill it

jack nickleson, clint, tom hanks, gene hackman, ralph fienes

ed norton is dope

Shitao
07-29-2005, 02:18 PM
but to be fair, there aint many dope actors around, the oldies still kill it

jack nickleson, clint, tom hanks, gene hackman, ralph fienes
Yep Clint is The man :) A genius

ed norton is dope
Yep right sun. A fucking good actor.
One other underrated: Tim Robbins. Really. "Jacob ladder" for example is....amazing.