PDA

View Full Version : 10 Basic beliefs of Jehovah's Wittnesses

LikwidSwordz
12-27-2006, 02:42 PM
I just wanted to post this, because i hear many, many strange things said about them.

1. Bible - Jehovahs Wittnesses believe that the ENTIRE bible is the inspired Word of God, and instead of adhering to a creed based on human tradition, they hold to the Bible as the standard for ALL their beliefs.

2. God - They worship Jehovah as the only true God and freely speak to others about him and his loving purposes toward mankind. Anyone who publicly wittnesses about Jehovah is usually indentified as belonging to the one group "Jehovahs Wittnesses."

3. Jesus Christ - They believe, not that Jesus Christ is part of a Trinity, but that, as the Bible says, he is the Son of God, the first of God's creations; that he had a prehuman existence and that his life was transferred from heaven to the womb of a virgin, Mary; that his perfect human life laid down in sacrifice makes possible salvation to eternal life for those who exercise faith; that Christ is actively ruling as King, with God-given authority over all the earth since 1914.

4. Gods Kingdom - They believe that God's Kingdom is the only hope for mankind; that it is a real government; that it will soon destroy the present wicked system of things, including all human governments, and that it will produce a new system in which righteousness will prevail.

5. Heavenly life - They believe that 144,000 spirit-annointed Christians will share with Christ in his heavenly Kingdom, ruling as Kings with him. They do not believe that heaven is the reward for everyone who is "good."

6. The Earth - They believe that God's original purpose for the earth will be fufilled; that the earth will be completely populated by worshipers of Jehovah and that these will be able to enjoy eternal life in human perfection; that even the dead will be raised to an opportuinity to share in these blessings.

7. Death - They believe that the dead are conscience of absolutely nothing; that they are experiencing neither pain nor pleasure in some spirit realm; that they do not exist except in God's memory, so hope for their future life lies in a resurrection from the dead.

8. Last Days - They believe that we are living now, since 1914, in the last days of this wicked system of things; that some who saw the events of 1914 will also see the complete destruction of the present wicked world; that lovers of righteousness will survive into a cleansed earth.

9. Separate from the world - They earnestly endeavor to be no part of the world, as Jesus said would be true of his followers. They show genuine Christian love for their neighbors, but they do not share in politcs or the wars of any nation. They provide for the material needs of their families but shun the world's avid pursuit of material things and personal fame and its excessive indulgence in pleasure.

10. Apply Bible Counsel - They believe that it is important to apply the counsel of God's Word in everday life now-at home, in school, in business, in their congregation. Regardless of a person's past way of life, he may become one of Jehovah's Wittnesses if he abandons practices condemned by God's Word and applies its godly counsel. But if anyone thereafter makes a practice of adultery, fornication, homosexuality, drug abuse, drunkenness, lying, or stealing, he will be disfellowshipped from the organization.

(The above list briefly states some outsanding beliefs of Jehovah's Wittnesses but by no means all the points on which their beliefs are different from those of other groups. All these beliefs can be scriptually backed up as well)

whitey
12-27-2006, 03:12 PM
i think they're nutts. O:)

7EL7
12-27-2006, 03:17 PM
besides the obvious spookyness and the white supremacy in the watchtower and awake (every picture of everybody of importance in the bible is always white) they are Ok - very respectful people overall

LikwidSwordz
12-27-2006, 03:22 PM
wow....gotta disagree with ya there. Nothing is "white" about being a Jehovahs Wittness, where i live its predominately black by about 85% at least and there is nothing wrong with that. I dont know what pictures you are talking about in the Watchtower and Awake. But you can ask any Jehovahs Wittness and they will tell you Jesus, Moses, whatever is not white. We are accepting anyone from any nation, any color, race isnt a big issue to us. We are all equal.

7EL7
12-27-2006, 03:32 PM
wow....gotta disagree with ya there. Nothing is "white" about being a Jehovahs Wittness, where i live its predominately black by about 85% at least and there is nothing wrong with that. I dont know what pictures you are talking about in the Watchtower and Awake. But you can ask any Jehovahs Wittness and they will tell you Jesus, Moses, whatever is not white. We are accepting anyone from any nation, any color, race isnt a big issue to us. We are all equal.

Again - key words in bold and underlined

besides the obvious spookyness and the white supremacy in the watchtower and awake (every picture of everybody of importance in the bible is always white) they are Ok - very respectful people overall

whitey
12-27-2006, 03:38 PM
i will say though, nice people.

they were some of the first people put into camps in nazi germany because they refused to do the facist salute and wouldnt put the country in front of their religion or something to that extent.

LikwidSwordz
12-27-2006, 03:39 PM
im sorry you feel that way, and i would like to see these pictures.

7EL7
12-27-2006, 03:49 PM
im sorry you feel that way, and i would like to see these pictures.

has nothing to do with feeling - get you some awakes and watchtowers

http://www.watchtower.org

7EL7
12-27-2006, 03:58 PM
check this picture out

http://www.watchtower.org/e/20060115/article_01.htm

tell me what you see

here is jesus and his family

http://www.watchtower.org/e/20031215/article_01.htm

plus they see others religious practices as sins against god -

are all of the angels in heaven white ?

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/2892/bg01py2.jpg

Mary Joseph and Jesus

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/1669/index20031215vt1.jpg

Adam & Eve and God Scorning them ..... no wait - thats suppose to be the cherubim with the flaming sword

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/445/fp10qd9.jpg

Here is a picture of God with a blured out pale face and long blonde hair

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/707/fp12rz0.jpg

Here is Jesus Teaching the people

see any "niggas" in the crowd ?

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/6213/fp07b01jw9.jpg

crass
12-27-2006, 04:09 PM
i agree, there should def be a couple chinese people in there too.

MsRzaRecTaH
12-27-2006, 04:11 PM
and mexican....

whitey
12-27-2006, 05:50 PM
well obvi they were drawn by white people, they draw whats around them.

same thing with anything, i doubt if you look at african religions (before the introduction of europeans) that there were any white people in any of their drawings.

its all relative to who you are and where you are.

big deal no black people in the pictures, is anyone sad? if they were all black, i wouldnt mind.

7EL7
12-27-2006, 06:09 PM
wow....gotta disagree with ya there. Nothing is "white" about being a Jehovahs Wittness, where i live its predominately black by about 85%

All of the Jehovahs witnesses i know are either Black or they are Black people who call themselves Puerto rican

well obvi they were drawn by white people, they draw whats around them.

same thing with anything, i doubt if you look at african religions (before the introduction of europeans) that there were any white people in any of their drawings.

its all relative to who you are and where you are.

big deal no black people in the pictures, is anyone sad? if they were all black, i wouldnt mind.

you don't get it and thats Ok

Xsavior
12-27-2006, 06:19 PM
APSU, I can't tell if your being a 'nigga' or just being sarcastic

I hear what you are preachin and all that, but as we all know, the first drawings by man were primative stick figures, my point being, if someone has never saw a horse, should they go by those drawings on faith?!
God is in the chamber thats bleeds, not in the confusion of the mind...

GO KILL YOURSELF!!!!
peace

Xsavior
12-27-2006, 06:22 PM
play God, and he will play you

Kephrem
12-27-2006, 06:22 PM

7EL7
12-27-2006, 06:34 PM
APSU, I can't tell if your being a 'nigga' or just being sarcastic

I hear what you are preachin and all that, but as we all know, the first drawings by man were primative stick figures, my point being, if someone has never saw a horse, should they go by those drawings on faith?!
God is in the chamber thats bleeds, not in the confusion of the mind...

GO KILL YOURSELF!!!!
peace

LMMFAO !

whitey
12-27-2006, 06:38 PM
Not only does this organization promote subtle 'white supremacy', the name they call themselves "Jehovah Witness" is a false one. The letter "J" is not even 1,000 years old, so how is the name of the One God (of the ancient and BLACK Hebrews ) according to them, Jehovah?

how does a race own a god?

Kephrem
12-27-2006, 07:10 PM

LikwidSwordz
12-27-2006, 09:26 PM
God's real name if you want that is YHWH and that is Hebrew.....in english though it's Yahweh and Jehovah......both are correct. The popular term though is Jehovah. I dont know why some of you are stuck on such minor details, you should look at the bigger picture. And your saying Jesus is "white" but i dont see that. Many people from the MIddle East may look sorta white, but they are jus light skinned, not white though. There are MANY black Jehovahs Wittnesses that understand, you jus dont.

junius
12-27-2006, 09:39 PM
Jehovah Witnesses world headquarters is HERE in BK so...

1) it's a jackoff zombie religion of stoops, drones & sadsacks

2) it's definitely a white power structure

3) it is NOT all white followers. i feel badly for the black women that hit my door sometimes & am polite to them (because black church has a different historical importance, even if i don't agree w/THIS one); the white folks are told to get the fuck away from me, just like Mormons & all other evangelical assholes.

funny-- there are A LOT of Vouou, Yoruba, Santeria folks in Brooklyn & they ain't ever getting up in our grill.

Kephrem
12-27-2006, 09:48 PM

7EL7
12-28-2006, 03:25 AM
God's real name if you want that is YHWH and that is Hebrew.....in english though it's Yahweh and Jehovah......both are correct. The popular term though is Jehovah. I dont know why some of you are stuck on such minor details, you should look at the bigger picture. And your saying Jesus is "white" but i dont see that. Many people from the MIddle East may look sorta white, but they are jus light skinned, not white though. There are MANY black Jehovahs Wittnesses that understand, you jus dont.

some of those people who are there NOW may look sorta white because they are the children of conquerers.

What did most of the people in Arabia look like 2000 to 3000 years ago ?

what did most of the people in america look like 600 years ago before the pale man came and killed dam near everyone off ?

would you mind if i called you billy mcdonalds from now on ?

supremecharma
12-28-2006, 03:36 AM
Chip On Shoulder.

7EL7
12-28-2006, 04:04 AM
Chip On Shoulder.

thats not it
what it is is you don't value life

so when i say that pale men wiped out billions of my people and continue to have a hold on us
you say "get over it" "you have a chip on your shoulder" "you were never a slave" "you have it better than they did"

I say that it is still possible today for them to do to us what they have done and continue to do to my people all over this globe

when justice is served to the fullest, i'll get over it

LikwidSwordz
12-28-2006, 04:59 PM
I think your just racist. Dont get mad at me for something my ancestors did, how do you know i dont hate it just as much as you? You were never a slave, you never knew how they felt so just because you may be the same race, doesnt mean you felt it like they did when they were slaves. Jehovah is the correct spelling in English and of course its not english, if you read what i wrote it was originally Hebrew and is still Hebrew. But TRANSLATED in english its Jehovah.

7EL7
12-28-2006, 05:19 PM
I think

This tells me that you are not shure

your just racist.

i don't practice keeping people down, nor am i in control of any group of people from any race

Dont get mad at me for something my ancestors did,

i'm not "Mad" at you but check this out - if you "believe" that the bible is the word of God

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/LOUDBIRD/THEGODOFTHEBIBLE.jpg

how do you know i dont hate it just as much as you?

i don't - if someone kicks me in the nuts, can you feel it ?

You were never a slave, you never knew how they felt so just because you may be the same race, doesnt mean you felt it like they did when they were slaves.

i do feel the direct results of 500 years of oppression and slavery though

Jehovah is the correct spelling in English and of course its not english, if you read what i wrote it was originally Hebrew and is still Hebrew. But TRANSLATED in english its Jehovah.

names don't get translated - well they're not suppose to
if your name is billy. then you pronounce it billy

you wouldn't call someone whose name is billy - lu chien - just because you are chinese - you call him billy

Xsavior
12-30-2006, 02:05 PM
peace

7EL7
10-12-2007, 10:01 PM
they are a group who does for self though

My First Timbs
10-13-2007, 12:44 AM
lets not forget to mention that they wholeheartedly believe such irrational things as:

1) dinosaurs never existed

2) blood transfusions are immoral, selfish and not necessary

3) every other religion is a "false" religion

SubtleEnergies
10-13-2007, 01:24 AM
7EL, I am white, but I know exactly what you are saying. I feel like slapping white people like Likwid.

What type of idiot actually thinks that non-whites are actually on an equal footing now? The type who lie to themselves.

Can you HONESTLY say there are no lasting inequalities, social, economic, educational still going on as a result of the inequality whites gave blacks (and other races) for so long?

I watched Farakhan on his Myspace on Donahue. And this white woman get up and goes "you are a racist, I can't believe it, you scare me coz my mum always taught me to treat people equally."

Funny thing is Farakhan didn't say anything the entire show that wasn't true, and infact he said it in a way least offensive to white people. These idiots think that if they have been nice to black people its all good now.....it won't be all good until there is genuine equality and not a hypocritical attempt of the guilty to make themselves feel better.

Malcom X said in his autobiography that the white man stuck an 8 inch knife in the black man's back and then expects him to be happy when he pulls it out an inch.

ANY treatment of blacks, or any race, as less than white people in ANY area is intolerable. And the way I see it now many non-whites have shit education, shit socio-economic conditions as a direct result of white oppression.

At my uni we have a "reconciliation wall" in our library. It says the University of Technology Sydney recognizes it is built on the land of the such and such tribe. So we came here, killed aboriginals, raped them, exploited them.....and we hang a plark on a wall and its all good? Am I the only one seeing an imbalance here? Now, it may not have been me, and what's done is done....but RIGHT NOW there are still problems and I don't think white people in general even recognize that or feel any motivation to do that.

Why do I care being white? Coz they are human and I see no significance in the skin color. It is just plain fucked up that it happens to anyone. I am just as pissed off about any mistreatment and discrimination of whites too.

That's my piece said.

Koolish
10-13-2007, 05:32 PM
from the jehova's witnesses and like always back to the issue of race. race is still an issue in today's world, but this is not the topic at hand.

jehova's witnesses came to my door once telling me to read the Bible more, i told the guy I had been reading the Bible and knew a lot about it. he left. they don't swing by too often but i don't really have anything against them. they're a very convicted bunch and i don't have a right to tell them not to be.

TSA
10-13-2007, 07:50 PM
7EL, I am white, but I know exactly what you are saying. I feel like slapping white people like Likwid.

What type of idiot actually thinks that non-whites are actually on an equal footing now? The type who lie to themselves.

Can you HONESTLY say there are no lasting inequalities, social, economic, educational still going on as a result of the inequality whites gave blacks (and other races) for so long?

I watched Farakhan on his Myspace on Donahue. And this white woman get up and goes "you are a racist, I can't believe it, you scare me coz my mum always taught me to treat people equally."

Funny thing is Farakhan didn't say anything the entire show that wasn't true, and infact he said it in a way least offensive to white people. These idiots think that if they have been nice to black people its all good now.....it won't be all good until there is genuine equality and not a hypocritical attempt of the guilty to make themselves feel better.

Malcom X said in his autobiography that the white man stuck an 8 inch knife in the black man's back and then expects him to be happy when he pulls it out an inch.

ANY treatment of blacks, or any race, as less than white people in ANY area is intolerable. And the way I see it now many non-whites have shit education, shit socio-economic conditions as a direct result of white oppression.

At my uni we have a "reconciliation wall" in our library. It says the University of Technology Sydney recognizes it is built on the land of the such and such tribe. So we came here, killed aboriginals, raped them, exploited them.....and we hang a plark on a wall and its all good? Am I the only one seeing an imbalance here? Now, it may not have been me, and what's done is done....but RIGHT NOW there are still problems and I don't think white people in general even recognize that or feel any motivation to do that.

Why do I care being white? Coz they are human and I see no significance in the skin color. It is just plain fucked up that it happens to anyone. I am just as pissed off about any mistreatment and discrimination of whites too.

That's my piece said.

oh...my...fucking...god.

a white guy that gets it?

you get it?!

YOU FUCKING GET IT!

WARPATH
10-18-2007, 12:15 PM
check this picture out

http://www.watchtower.org/e/20060115/article_01.htm

tell me what you see

here is jesus and his family

http://www.watchtower.org/e/20031215/article_01.htm

plus they see others religious practices as sins against god -

are all of the angels in heaven white ?

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/2892/bg01py2.jpg

Mary Joseph and Jesus

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/1669/index20031215vt1.jpg

Adam & Eve and God Scorning them ..... no wait - thats suppose to be the cherubim with the flaming sword

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/445/fp10qd9.jpg

Here is a picture of God with a blured out pale face and long blonde hair

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/707/fp12rz0.jpg

Here is Jesus Teaching the people

see any "niggas" in the crowd ?

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/6213/fp07b01jw9.jpg

I think this is evident in a lot of bible materials. I always thought white people ruled the earth when i went to bible study.

beautifulrock
10-18-2007, 12:21 PM
belief #11 - they believe it is OK to bother you during dinner.

LORD NOSE
04-11-2008, 11:15 PM
where is the rest of this thread ? }:|

any way....any misunderstandings or disagreements ?