PDA

View Full Version : Colors and Countries

7EL7
12-31-2006, 07:56 AM
We gotta stop calling ourselves by colors and countries

how can we begin to erase these stupid labels ?

hidden ninja
12-31-2006, 08:46 AM
it's all heritage man, your nationality and your race says alot about who you are... the struggle your people went though, it makes an impact on the character of all who are born afterwards. it's good to have some sense of pride in that, because that's who you are.

but at the same time, you're right - we gotta stop being so callous towards locking ourselves down into defined roles; and we needn't let these things bias us and make us hateful towards others who are different.

7EL7
12-31-2006, 08:51 AM
it's all heritage man, your nationality and your race says alot about who you are... the struggle your people went though, it makes an impact on the character of all who are born afterwards. it's good to have some sense of pride in that, because that's who you are.

but at the same time, you're right - we gotta stop being so callous towards locking ourselves down into defined roles; and we needn't let these things bias us and make us hateful towards others who are different.

Puerto rican, chinese, South American,African,BLACK, WHITE, Swedish, Russian

Do you see it ?

Prolifical ENG
12-31-2006, 09:03 AM
Colours are always talked about and how we sholdn't label and divide others and ourselves by that. If you mentioned countries also, but here you are leaning towards people calling themselves by what colour they are.

It seems like at one time only black and white people labelled themselves and the other by colours black and white because it is opposites. All other races began being labeled or labeled themselves some other colour in between.

Countries are even more complex. In North America and most of Europe, country politics and the physical boundaries are clearly cut. Many other places the boundaries are just "guessed" in a way just so they can draw a map with a country.

There are many peoples that live in different country that do not associate themselves with that country and basically have no nationality.

Ultimate Fist
12-31-2006, 05:03 PM
I dont think we'll ever get rid of labels but yeah the color thing and the country thing has always seemed wierd. I mean, you're born in the borders of a country- so what? And a dark skin guy in Asia isn't the same as one in Africa.

7EL7
12-31-2006, 05:35 PM
"whats are you ?"

"i'm an asian german american from sweden whose skin is black"

dimi
01-04-2007, 12:06 AM
^^^lmao

but i love my country too much to do that

Visionz
01-04-2007, 03:03 AM
Nationalism may be even worse than racism. I don't think there's anything wrong with havin a sense of family and where they've come from but that shit also allows people to starve to death miles from a town that has a problem with obsesity. And then the attitude is "Well they aren't Americans, so it's really not our problem."

While we should be able to step back and look at that and realize, "What the fuck are you talking about? A human is a human. Lets get these people some food and lets find a way to make this whole thing work better for everybody." The goverments of the world have just fooled us into thinking we're not in this together. As long as we believe that, shit will stay the same.

Kong
01-04-2007, 12:13 PM
labels are only as serious as you make them.

INF
01-04-2007, 12:28 PM
Life.......is only what you make it.

MsRzaRecTaH
01-04-2007, 12:39 PM
Im brown.
1. This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 12 seconds.

V4D3R
01-04-2007, 12:51 PM
Nationalism may be even worse than racism. I don't think there's anything wrong with havin a sense of family and where they've come from but that shit also allows people to starve to death miles from a town that has a problem with obsesity. And then the attitude is "Well they aren't Americans, so it's really not our problem."

While we should be able to step back and look at that and realize, "What the fuck are you talking about? A human is a human. Lets get these people some food and lets find a way to make this whole thing work better for everybody." The goverments of the world have just fooled us into thinking we're not in this together. As long as we believe that, shit will stay the same.
Post of the Year nomination. Your totaly right. Nationalism does promote racism on the deepest levels. What we need to look out for now is the NWO using that to justify itself. But on personal levels we all need to read this again and think differently.

Me personaly - I sponsor a child in Chad through World Vision - even though I can't afford rent these days - that kid gets his money sent to him.

Skellington
01-04-2007, 12:52 PM
Ehm what, you can't call y'r self an English man while y'r really from Belgium right?? Or call y'rself black while y'r actually white.....

dumb thread

Ban user

V4D3R
01-04-2007, 12:55 PM
^^In the end - this attitude will be obsolete.

Kong
01-04-2007, 01:07 PM
Life.......is only what you make it.

dunno about that one. on some levels yeah but not on every level.

7EL7
01-04-2007, 05:22 PM
^^^lmao

but i love my country too much to do that

thats all good - but your country is a piece of land under the sun.

is it the people in your country that you love ?

can you have respect for others in other countries ?

Nationalism may be even worse than racism.

to have no nation while suffering from racism is just double worst

customs and spooky beliefs seperate people and confines them to a land where they protect their borders from disbelievers and people with "strange customs"

LORD NOSE
07-24-2009, 08:46 PM
up

build

drippie k
07-25-2009, 01:04 AM
this is over 2 years old man

The Hound
07-25-2009, 01:22 AM
If you look through every flag in the world the most widely used colour is Red - Red is seen as the most intimidating colour.

NIGHT MAYOR
07-25-2009, 01:49 AM
humans are pack animals, look at people who support a team in sport, look at groups at school, look at people who listen to differernt types of music etc etc.

its human nature to want to be in the pack, and when you are the other packs are almost the N.M.E.

Compulsion
07-25-2009, 03:24 AM

It goes both ways..How many around the world hate 'american's' for being 'american'?

I do agree with what you are saying though. A human is a human...We should respect all living things.

The last part I bolded was my favorite part. So True.