PDA

View Full Version : Black on Both Sides

dns
07-16-2005, 09:59 AM
I don't know what happened to Mos on New Danger, hopefully gained back the same presence on his new album like he did with his debut. Black on both sides was great, but the songs that were on repeat was Mathematics, Mr.Nigga, New World Water, Ms. Fat Booty, Climb, Speed Law, and Know That. I love how each song flow into the other

pussy-with-teeth
07-16-2005, 10:00 AM
that album was ill

blackstar was the shit though

dns
07-16-2005, 10:41 AM
Yeah it was and Reflection Eternal. A matter of fact I'm pulling that out right now

pussy-with-teeth
07-16-2005, 10:47 AM
all talib albums are good - the new one is slept on

Polocash7
07-16-2005, 01:09 PM
BoBS is classic. The New Danger ain't 4 everybody. I still bump that shit but I can see heads not liking it. It's one of those hate it or love it LP. There's no in between. With all the rock and blues tunes,it turned a lot of heads off. I thought it was good. A change from the norm.

MILF DOOM
07-18-2005, 02:26 AM
Mr Nigga

Rebel_INS
07-18-2005, 03:54 AM
Hardly listen to Mos

Longbongcilvaringz
07-18-2005, 05:48 AM
^^ buy BOBS, u wont be disappointed.
ive got both mos def albums+ all talib albums and blacstar. reason they are so dope is cause they stand out from all the shit that has been coming out recntly, don't jus rap bout gats n shit. my favourites out of the above mentioned would have to be reflection eternal and black on both sides, each albums just flows from one track to the next.
peace

OxlongO
07-19-2005, 10:52 PM
black on both sides, more than a hip hop album.

that shit is an awesome social critique, written like a sociology professor.

also, he does songs like Umi Says, "people crying..." and that one instrumental towards the end of the album.
i get goosebumps just thinkin about it. one of the best front to back music albums out there, even my dad (a guy who doesnt listen to anything that came out after 1975) loves that album.

Tres.Bo.
07-19-2005, 11:05 PM
the new one is slept onno, it just sucks

Bedlam
07-19-2005, 11:22 PM
Black on Both Sides kinda dissapointed me. Everyone said it was such an incredible album, so i was expecting great things, some real hip hop. Instead, I got alot of singing (WTF) and pro black stuff, (I dont mind that, just some was pretty much anti-white (Rock n Roll), but there were some really good songs, Hip-Hop, Ms phat booty, New World Water, Brooklyn, Mathematics, etc.

If your white, which I am, you probably wont think Black on Both Sides is a classic. I still bump it sometimes though. I'd give it an 8 out of 10

I liked Black Star's album way more

ballistic
07-20-2005, 12:59 AM
i just got reflection eternal (finally), and so this is the next album on my wish list.