PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop CS issues

EAGLE EYE
01-02-2007, 04:37 PM
I've been using the CS version for a while and I cant figure out why I cant use my arrow keys (on my laptop) to nudge or move layers that Im working with.

Ive never ran into this problem when using past versions on my old Desktop computer. Anyone know how to fix this problem?

Im gonna check in the appz preferences to see if theres a solution, but someone please tell me if you know how to fix this....

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
01-02-2007, 05:19 PM
I've just started using photoshop...I don't know...

Can you tell me how do I flip a picture?? ( so if the person or face is facing right I can flip it to face left )

100pr00f
01-02-2007, 06:47 PM
I've just started using photoshop...I don't know...

Can you tell me how do I flip a picture?? ( so if the person or face is facing right I can flip it to face left )

you know what i have the same prob..i have to do it on another softwar..one that came with my cam
that does it...

some one needs to up tips.....like what born did in the photoshop section of this fourm

7EL7
01-02-2007, 07:03 PM
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/2408/101rf6.png

EAGLE EYE
01-02-2007, 07:52 PM
^ theres your answer Ben.

Image menu > rotate canvas > "pick an option"

7EL7
01-02-2007, 08:19 PM
I've been using the CS version for a while and I cant figure out why I cant use my arrow keys (on my laptop) to nudge or move layers that Im working with.

Ive never ran into this problem when using past versions on my old Desktop computer. Anyone know how to fix this problem?

Im gonna check in the appz preferences to see if theres a solution, but someone please tell me if you know how to fix this....

CS or CS2 ?

If there is no space in the canvas to move the image, it won't move

did you unlock the image in the layers pilate ?

is the image you wanna move with the arrows selected ?

EAGLE EYE
01-02-2007, 08:43 PM
CS or CS2 ?

If there is no space in the canvas to move the image, it won't move

did you unlock the image in the layers pilate ?

is the image you wanna move with the arrows selected ?

Im using CS.

Trust me I've made sure that I troubleshooted all of what you stated on a number of occasions. I should be able to move individual layers around the canvas (such as buttons or objects when designing a website template or something similar by using the arrow keys. Ive only had this problem when trying to use my lap top arrow keys. Something is conflicting here.

Wheres Razorsharp? I need his wisdom right about now...

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
01-03-2007, 01:15 PM
Thanks APSU

tommytootone
01-10-2007, 03:35 PM
okay answer this, I have photoshop cs 2 and I have a hard time taking faces and putting them on other bodys. My questions is, do I use the pen tool for this option?

EAGLE EYE
01-10-2007, 03:40 PM
no, use the point to point selection tool. (you gotta hold down on it the button for it in the toolbar. You will see three choices: Lasso, point-to-point, and magnetic.

also if you look at the bottom of the tool bar there will be a mask button, hit it and the canvas will be covered in a red tint. now select the paint brush and paint red around what your trying to select then turn it off. (its good for fine tuning your selection)

now just cut and paste on a body, etc...

you probably have no clue what i just said

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
01-10-2007, 03:49 PM
okay answer this, I have photoshop cs 2 and I have a hard time taking faces and putting them on other bodys. My questions is, do I use the pen tool for this option?

No..what you want to do is use the Move Icon place it on the pic hold down the mouse and move it to the pic you want to place it on then release the mouse button.

tommytootone
01-10-2007, 07:04 PM
No..what you want to do is use the Move Icon place it on the pic hold down the mouse and move it to the pic you want to place it on then release the mouse button.
Okay I know how to do that, but how do you shrink your picture? What I mean by that is, say you have a beach background, and you take your picture and place it in the beach beachbackground, but it still looks as if your too big for the picture. Do you get what I'm saying

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
01-10-2007, 07:19 PM
Okay I know how to do that, but how do you shrink your picture? What I mean by that is, say you have a beach background, and you take your picture and place it in the beach beachbackground, but it still looks as if your too big for the picture. Do you get what I'm saying

Yeah I understand use the same Icon you will see some lines that will frame the pic take the mouse and click onto a corner then pull it open or closed this will enlarge or shrink the pic

tommytootone
01-10-2007, 07:24 PM
Yeah I understand use the same Icon you will see some lines that will frame the pic take the mouse and click onto a corner then pull it open or closed this will enlarge or shrink the pic
great thanks

born invincible
01-14-2007, 07:41 PM
clone stamp works well too if your good with it....

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
01-17-2007, 05:31 PM
clone stamp works well too if your good with it....

I've seen that tool I was wondering how to use it can you elaborate???

EAGLE EYE
01-17-2007, 05:33 PM
just google for a tutorial on it

born invincible
01-18-2007, 12:57 AM
I've seen that tool I was wondering how to use it can you elaborate???

basically what it does is clone or duplicate a portion of a image that is selected...

example..

say you have a picture of some landscape on the side of a road. the picture is beautiful but theres one problem.. theres a car parked on the side of the road that kinda ruins the beauty of the picture.

this is where the clone stamp tool can be usefull..

select the clone stamp tool.. the find an area of the pic where the car is not present and resemble the area of where the car is and what it make look like if the car was absent.

the press the ALT key while hovering the mouse arrow in the selction you want. this will select that area. the area depends on the diameter that you have chosen. you can adjust the diameter by right clicking the image while u have the clone too selected.. the just adjust the diameter.

now back to where the car is... once you hit ALT and selected your area.. go back to where the car is and left click. it should copy the selected area over the car. with alittle skill (and some luck) u can completely cover the car with a duplication of an area somewhere else on the photo..

make sense?

its kind of hard to exlplain.. but once you actually use the tool you will see what i mean..

this tool can also be used in conjuction with brushes too... and again with some skill... produce a nice effect.

just choose the clone stamp tool... then right click and image and go to your brush folder and choose a brush. you will now have clone stamp too loaded with the shape and properties of the brush selected. this works great for blending and doing abstract designs.

currently im on my laptop and dont have access to my PC... but when i do in a few days i can make a video tut for this in hopes that i will be a bit clearer.

peace and i hope this helps!!

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
01-20-2007, 01:04 PM
Thank you Born!!!

I'll try it out

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
01-20-2007, 01:11 PM
Thank you Born!!!

I'll try it out

Ya_Bane
01-22-2007, 03:12 AM

You could always hit Ctrl+T and then nudge.

Ya_Bane
01-22-2007, 03:24 AM
To Ben

The Clone Stamp / Healing Brush is very useful, one of many vital feats. They are pretty much the same, Healing Brush tuned to 'Replace' in the optionsbar does the same as the Clone Stamp. When you get the logics, that you place a sample with the alt-button down it's very easy after that. Just play around with it and you'll probably fall in love with it lol. Also experiment with Clone Brush in 'Normal' mode (up in the optionsbar), sometimes that's the only thing that do the perfect job.

You know how to use Levels?

Lil' Ruger
01-22-2007, 03:57 AM
well is it????

Bloo
01-22-2007, 04:52 AM
If you know the right people *D

Lil' Ruger
01-23-2007, 08:32 AM
well i know u bloo so wats up?

Ya_Bane
01-23-2007, 02:14 PM
No it's not free, but like everything else you can download it if you have internet-connection.

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
01-23-2007, 03:34 PM
To Ben

The Clone Stamp / Healing Brush is very useful, one of many vital feats. They are pretty much the same, Healing Brush tuned to 'Replace' in the optionsbar does the same as the Clone Stamp. When you get the logics, that you place a sample with the alt-button down it's very easy after that. Just play around with it and you'll probably fall in love with it lol. Also experiment with Clone Brush in 'Normal' mode (up in the optionsbar), sometimes that's the only thing that do the perfect job.

You know how to use Levels?

I tried the clone stamp with the eD pic...I stamped an oldspeaker below Jasper it works well...
Levels not sure about that

Ya_Bane
01-23-2007, 07:08 PM
I tried the clone stamp with the eD pic...I stamped an oldspeaker below Jasper it works well...
Levels not sure about that

You can use Levels i.e. when you've clipped in a head on a body to make them match color, so it looks more realistic. You get the Levels-window up by pressing Ctrl+L (have the face-layer active). Then you can choose what color (channel) you want to change, Red, Green or Blue. When it comes up it says RGB. Pick the first color, Red, and move the gray arrow-thingy below the histograph around and the face get more or less red in it. If you do this with the three channels a couple of times and the RGB-channel to make it lighter or darker you'll be able to get a good match face/body or whatever you're doing.

Realized while writing it felt kinda fuzzy. You can try it out if you want to, but there is a much easier way too, even if it's not quite as "powerful". It lets you tweek the saturation aswell tho wich is good. That's the Hue/Saturation (Ctrl+U). That one explain itself, you got three bars wich you move around.

Maybe you already use this or got another way that works fine, then just ignore my bad attemt of being educational lol.

Peace

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
01-23-2007, 07:34 PM
You can use Levels i.e. when you've clipped in a head on a body to make them match color, so it looks more realistic. You get the Levels-window up by pressing Ctrl+L (have the face-layer active). Then you can choose what color (channel) you want to change, Red, Green or Blue. When it comes up it says RGB. Pick the first color, Red, and move the gray arrow-thingy below the histograph around and the face get more or less red in it. If you do this with the three channels a couple of times and the RGB-channel to make it lighter or darker you'll be able to get a good match face/body or whatever you're doing.

Realized while writing it felt kinda fuzzy. You can try it out if you want to, but there is a much easier way too, even if it's not quite as "powerful". It lets you tweek the saturation aswell tho wich is good. That's the Hue/Saturation (Ctrl+U). That one explain itself, you got three bars wich you move around.

Maybe you already use this or got another way that works fine, then just ignore my bad attemt of being educational lol.

Peace

Not bad at all, I'm paying close attention...I do use the hue/saturation in the photo adjustments...and I did one time have the levels come up on screen but I did that by accident and iuve been wondering how I could do that again. Thanks Ya Bane!!! Your tutorials work great!!!! I'm learning from you

born invincible
01-24-2007, 05:00 PM

Peace

yes adjusting the levels can be very effective in designing... props!!!

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
01-28-2007, 02:43 PM
I was trying to use the Liquify effect can some elaborate a little?