PDA

View Full Version : Baldurs Gate

Skellington
01-03-2007, 11:38 AM
I remember making a thread like this aaaaggggeeess ago, you know, in the good ol' corp, dynasty days ;)

nah, ok, any of y'all played this game???

This was my all time favorite RPG game for PC, played that shit aaalll day, couldn't get enough.
But I sold it about 3 years ago, and yesterday, I bought it again for 14.99 includng Baldurs Gate + Tales From The Sword Coast expansion, Baldurs Gate II: Shadows Of Amn and Throne Of Bhaal.

Don't sleep on this, def. the mother of all middle earth RPG games. Some of you may know the Playstation 2 versions, but that's faaaarrr from the same as the original.

Get it, worth every buck.

shaolinsword
01-03-2007, 12:34 PM
the PC game is a classic I have it around here somewhere unless I sold it I can't remember. The PS2 version just spoils the whole thing

Prolifical ENG
01-03-2007, 02:19 PM
I remember that game. The only thing is its kinda slow. You need to keep pausing the game and regrouping your guys in battles.

Skellington
01-03-2007, 02:45 PM
the PC game is a classic I have it around here somewhere unless I sold it I can't remember. The PS2 version just spoils the whole thing

True, the console version was like "Diablo", very fun to play, the graphics where awesome I must say, but, nah, not the same tho.

And yeah, with the pause thing, I see y'r point, to me it makes the game even more fun :)

After these 3 years, I still know my way around the map, can't wait to finish it and play the rest HAHA

Lil' Ruger
01-03-2007, 06:50 PM
i had both PS2 versions i beat both games at least 20 times.

shaolinsword
01-04-2007, 07:03 AM
I can remember when it first came out on the PS2 just running about in the puddles cos the water had the ripple effect

CHRONZ
01-05-2007, 03:42 AM
the game is really dope cus you control more than just 1 character...
great gameplay and a good story-line thru the game...
i remember when it just dropped i thought it was the illest shit...

Frontal Lobotomy
01-05-2007, 09:22 AM
It was good fun, never managed to complete it though. The levelling up for ages then your whole party getting killed by one strong dude just put me off after a while

Skellington
01-06-2007, 09:05 AM
Haha, yeah, I had that same trouble, made all my party archers etc.....but that didn't work well, I had to learn to use magic and all.

The gfx on the PS2 were awesome tho, I loved the games, but missed the classic control.

shaolinsword
01-06-2007, 05:54 PM
I might go and buy this game when I get paid

M_N
01-07-2007, 05:55 AM
Yeah, the goo ol' BG. I never played through Baldur one, but I have still playing BG2.
PS2 version was something like shit, not as same as pc versions

CHRONZ
01-07-2007, 07:00 AM
Clerics were the fuckin best !!

shaolinsword
01-07-2007, 07:35 AM
I wanna start playing diablo again as well

CHRONZ
01-07-2007, 07:38 AM
^^lmao, 1 or 2 `?

Icewindale was dope too.. both first and second.. ( in the BG series )

Skellington
01-07-2007, 08:26 AM
Oooh yeah Icewindale is so dope.

Diablo was fun too

shaolinsword
01-07-2007, 08:26 AM
Diablo II I loved that back in the day but my computer was shite and it wasn't bright enough so going through dungeons was crap cos I couldn't see anything

I never played icewindale

Skellington
01-07-2007, 08:28 AM
Myeah, but imo Diablo was waaay to easy, finished in no time, but it was fun.

shaolinsword
01-07-2007, 08:33 AM
or I could just stick with oblivion and WoW :D

Skellington
01-07-2007, 09:07 AM
U should try Icewindale!!! :)

shaolinsword
01-07-2007, 10:17 AM
I'll check it out when I get paid then

CHRONZ
01-07-2007, 11:04 AM
theres also another game which reminds very much of BG, IWD
called "Temple Of Elemental Evil"... i would suggest Avoiding that piece of crap game by all means lmao..

Skellington
01-07-2007, 12:01 PM
BG is probable the only fantasy/middle earth rpg game I really like.
I played alot of 'em, and sure, world of warcraft is awesome and beautiful, so is Dungeon Siege and Warhammer, but still, I stick with my BG.

CHRONZ
01-07-2007, 12:02 PM
Word. ^^

Silfie
01-07-2007, 02:27 PM
I've played Baldur's Gate 2 on the PS2, and beat it thoroughly. My laptop probably doesn't have the specifications to run the PC versions, so I have to stick with its weaker PS2 guise. All in all, I found it very easy to play, and quite possible to complete in one sitting, if I decide to be serious about it. As for the others, i've played the original Diablo, on the PS1. Back when I bought it for my computer when I was younger, it didn't run due to my computer being a Win95 desktop that was VERY weak in everything (Though it did run Dungeon Keeper surprisingly well.)

A game similar to BG is The Bard's Tale, on the X-Box. It takes BG and D&D, and gives it comedy, basically. And you can get it quite cheap now, so it's worth looking into.

Skellington
01-07-2007, 02:32 PM
True, the PS 2 versions were very easy, too easy. Gameplay similar to Diablo. It's fun, but not nearly as fun as the pc version.

Silfie
01-07-2007, 02:46 PM
One thing that got on my nerves a little with the PS2 version were the classes. Human archer, dwarven fighter, and elven sorceress. None of them had any massive advantages or disadvantages when put next to each other, and you weren't required to practice any particular style when using a different class. No matter what type I chose, I could still just go through with my blade spinning, usually walk out alive and (almost) unharmed. The console versions needed to impose more class-specific rulings, I believe, in order to make the game have a higher peak of enjoyment.

Ya_Bane
09-08-2007, 06:34 AM
bump

G.O.A.T. Game

Only played the PC-games, first one I completed maybe four times. Still get nostalgic when I think about Baldur's Gate. There will never be another game on it's level. It's too much about the graphics these days it seems, gameplay not as important.

I just got my hands on Dark Alliance 2 for the ps2. Not gonna have the time to take it on for a good while, but I'm looking forward to do it some day.

Again, Baldur's Gate, greatest of all time.

The Hound
09-08-2007, 08:11 AM
never played ps2 version but i got baldurs gate with the tales of the sword coast expansion and baldurs gate 2. never really got into BG2 but the one before it is fucking legendary. i feel like installing it on my comp again but it'll consum too much of my time.

i like the dude with his hamster haha cunt cracks me up

Ya_Bane
09-08-2007, 08:15 AM
never played ps2 version but i got baldurs gate with the tales of the sword coast expansion and baldurs gate 2. never really got into BG2 but the one before it is fucking legendary. i feel like installing it on my comp again but it'll consum too much of my time.

i like the dude with his hamster haha cunt cracks me up

GO FOR THE EYES BOO, GO FOR THE EYES!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGHHH