PDA

View Full Version : Jung

JackOfHearts
01-04-2007, 03:50 PM
have any of you people read this guy, he's one of Freud's students, but he has his own views that lean away from Freud's theroies.

MsRzaRecTaH
01-04-2007, 03:52 PM
Nah.. what are the names of some of his writings. .maybe Ill peep that since I love to read.

JackOfHearts
01-04-2007, 04:01 PM
well iv only got his beginners book....simply look for yung on amazon or summit ther will b plenty stuff

JackOfHearts
01-04-2007, 04:04 PM
sorry it JUNG (pronounced yung) lol

MsRzaRecTaH
01-04-2007, 07:36 PM
aight thanks for the info!

Malcom Guevera
01-06-2007, 08:19 PM
Carl Jung and from the photo's he seems very american to me and him being a student of Freud's is new to me.

JackOfHearts
01-07-2007, 02:55 PM
he also had eastern influences using I ching.....

Silfie
01-07-2007, 03:06 PM
I'd like to read some of his papers. Once my current college course has ended, I would like to enter into a psychology course. I have read a very small amount of Freud's pieces, but I will soon read more, and am interested in looking into anything from one of his students.

Jeru
01-07-2007, 03:07 PM
Carl Gustav Jung ugh had to study him last year.I loved psychology but certain psychologists were just beh.Mario Montesori was one of them too :r

Silfie
01-07-2007, 03:13 PM
I agree that some are less than pleasant to study in-depth, but for me anything to do with the workings of the human mind is fascinating. I don't even know why I like it. But I kow it will help me in my chosen future profession, if I get that far.

Jeru
01-07-2007, 03:15 PM
I agree that some are less than pleasant to study in-depth, but for me anything to do with the workings of the human mind is fascinating. I don't even know why I like it. But I kow it will help me in my chosen future profession, if I get that far.
Oh yeah I agree, most have interesting views like Maslow and Rousseau but certain people were interesting but hard to comprehend and study.But we only saw their opionns on the development of the child so maybe they got some more interesting things to say.

Silfie
01-07-2007, 03:23 PM
Develoment of children is quite a small subject, as to see properly into the mind of someone, you need to in a way become them, which is hard to do with children.

Jeru
01-07-2007, 03:25 PM
Develoment of children is quite a small subject, as to see properly into the mind of someone, you need to in a way become them, which is hard to do with children.

Yeah maybe but it was to show us how they developed so we don't give them the wrong excercises and stuff.I'm studyin to become a PE teacher

Silfie
01-07-2007, 03:29 PM
Ahh, that's why. PE mainly focuses on physical well-being, leaving the mental piece left behind in some ways. The only part of physical education that relies on mental well-being is the motivation side.

Jeru
01-07-2007, 03:32 PM
Ahh, that's why. PE mainly focuses on physical well-being, leaving the mental piece left behind in some ways. The only part of physical education that relies on mental well-being is the motivation side.
That's not true but I dunno why exactly.It's not all physical but it's mental alot too

Silfie
01-07-2007, 03:41 PM
Ah, yes, you're right. I mis-read before. But when I took my GCSE in PE, we were given mainly work on the physical side, and weren't given any true insight on mentality. Although I do wonder why you were given something to do with children, when real PE normally is given to 12+.

Jeru
01-07-2007, 03:43 PM
Ah, yes, you're right. I mis-read before. But when I took my GCSE in PE, we were given mainly work on the physical side, and weren't given any true insight on mentality. Although I do wonder why you were given something to do with children, when real PE normally is given to 12+.
Overhere the kids get PE in elementary school too

Silfie
01-07-2007, 03:50 PM
Ah, right. I'm not familiar with the primary education in the UK, I only came here two years ago.

Jeru
01-07-2007, 03:51 PM
Ah, right. I'm not familiar with the primary education in the UK, I only came here two years ago.
Where were you before?

Silfie
01-07-2007, 03:56 PM
I moved around a lot. But just before coming to the UK I was in Germany.