PDA

View Full Version : HIV does not cause AIDS

knewcheeze
01-05-2007, 09:43 AM
Peace

Sexy Jasper
01-05-2007, 09:45 AM
With this newfound knowledge I think I'm going to share some dirty needles with crack junkies now. Thanks!

knewcheeze
01-06-2007, 12:20 PM
drugs are not good for you

but yes AIDS is a damn hoax....AIDS is caused by every god damn thing including DRUGS......healing tooth decay naturally is harder to cure than AIDS.....

Visionz
01-06-2007, 12:25 PM
so what are you saying actually does cause AIDS? Everything is a little broad.

LHX
01-06-2007, 12:26 PM
drugs are not good for you

but yes AIDS is a damn hoax....AIDS is caused by every god damn thing including DRUGS......healing tooth decay naturally is harder to cure than AIDS.....
that post there is the only reason i am not gonna delete this thread

this needs to be acknowledged

crass
01-06-2007, 12:36 PM
yeah i bet. another excellent KTL thread.

is all i have to do to be part of the KTL elite is come up with ridiculous thread topics for LHX to ruminate over?

no offense but this is retarded. i don't know how much research the thread starter's done, but probably no much, unless it's the sort of research Aqueous Moon did, which was going to weird amateur websites and believing conspiracy theories. do the knowledge, and talk to people with AIDS, and spend a second reading a science journal. AIDS is not yet curable, and no one is hiding any cures for AIDS. snap out that bullshit.

give me a fucking break.

Gawd
01-06-2007, 12:40 PM
lock thread

LHX
01-06-2007, 12:45 PM

is all i have to do to be part of the KTL elite is come up with ridiculous thread topics for LHX to ruminate over?

healing tooth decay naturally is harder to cure than AIDS.....

crass: just because you cant think of anything interesting to say doesnt mean you need to start crying when somebody else does

i was gonna delete this thread, but knowcheeze made a comment worth reading

it lacks any substantiating evidence, but it is something to consider

Gawd
01-06-2007, 12:46 PM
you could just merge this into the other aids thread.

crass
01-06-2007, 12:46 PM
^^read my edit. it's not worth considering if there is no evidence or argument.

LHX
01-06-2007, 12:54 PM
^^read my edit. it's not worth considering if there is no evidence or argument.

i almost agree with you yo

i would say:

it is worth considering
but
it is not worth believing/agreeing with without further evidence

keep this in mind: it is not in a virus best interest to kill its host
plus
there is known situations of immunity to AIDS

compare that with the amount of effort required to rebuild a decayed skeletal structure (aka - tooth)

knowcheeze salvaged himself with his choice of words in the second post of this thread

it is not a bad thing to encourage people to be skeptical about the information they are taught in mass media

according to what we are taught, if AIDS is such a killer, it would have to be the dumbest virus in recorded history

LHX
01-06-2007, 12:56 PM
you could just merge this into the other aids thread.
yes - that is another option

Xsavior
01-06-2007, 01:47 PM

no offense but this is retarded. i don't know how much research the thread starter's done, but probably no much, unless it's the sort of research Aqueous Moon did, which was going to weird amateur websites and believing conspiracy theories. do the knowledge, and talk to people with AIDS, and spend a second reading a science journal. AIDS is not yet curable, and no one is hiding any cures for AIDS. snap out that bullshit.

give me a fucking break.

if that is so...everybody look up 'B17' on yahoo. Which is a concentrated form of Nitriloside which suprisingly from from a very common and natural source APRICOT SEEDS. I can't tell you have many testmonies online there are about this treatment, then go to the National Cancer Association website and read what 'they' say about B17. That it has no effect on hiv patients, or it is a 'hoax' treatment. Its all about the money mayne......

peace

L~>1<~NKS
01-06-2007, 02:10 PM
Peace

Yo if there wus a run for a RADICAL conspiracy theorist u'd be the number one canidate.

So ur tellin me one of my family memberz T Cells were @ 40 jus because???

Now could it be another way for governments to make money off us - proly.

whitey
01-06-2007, 07:27 PM
yo y did my post get deleted?

i was drawing a legitimate correlation between the thread and what i said. both unsubstantiated claims with no proof and therefore useless to everyone.

maestro wooz
01-06-2007, 07:41 PM
ive heard of this before, some support would be interesting

whitey
01-07-2007, 01:37 PM
possibly the fact that people with hiv, get aids, then die.

theafghan
01-07-2007, 03:24 PM

i would say:

it is worth considering
but
it is not worth believing/agreeing with without further evidence

plus
there is known situations of immunity to AIDS

compare that with the amount of effort required to rebuild a decayed skeletal structure (aka - tooth)

knowcheeze salvaged himself with his choice of words in the second post of this thread

it is not a bad thing to encourage people to be skeptical about the information they are taught in mass media

according to what we are taught, if AIDS is such a killer, it would have to be the dumbest virus in recorded history

about what is said above, virus' do kill their hosts. but they use them to multiply first. so a good virus is one that keeps its host alive long enough so that the host can transfer it to another host. This is what HIV does. it takes a long time before it kills its host. enough time for it to be passed on.

also, HIV mutates quickly and this is why it's so hard to attack it. So, saying that HIV is the "dumbest virus in recorded history" is wrong. the opposite is true. apart from the fact that they don't have brains and so can't be called "smart' or "dumb," it is actually one of the best survivors.

Now, the true part about all these conspiracy theories is NOT that HIV/AIDS is fake, or that a cure exists and the govt is hiding it. the true part is that in the U.S. there is very little Research being done on it. aka, theres not much of an effort being done to fight it. There is a lot more cancer research being done. why? this is where you can get into theories about racism, no care for the poor, etc. because HIV/AIDS is not as big a threat to those in power as cancer is.

adomstrange
01-07-2007, 04:54 PM
about what is said above, virus' do kill their hosts. but they use them to multiply first. so a good virus is one that keeps its host alive long enough so that the host can transfer it to another host. This is what HIV does. it takes a long time before it kills its host. enough time for it to be passed on.

First of all, not ALL viruses cause death in their hosts, what about the common cold? That is a virus that you catch, not bacteria, yet you don't DIE and still manage to spread the virus around thru your sneezing, coughing (etc.)... NOBODY HAS EVER BEEN KILLED BY A COMMON COLD!!!. (so when you respond to my post remember that I said that ).

And to the original post in this thread... HIV is a virus that CAN CAUSE AIDS!! Not all of the HIV infected people die of AIDS. AIDS is when the body's immune system shuts down - (ie) stops protecting people against viruses that would normal be combated. HIV can cause someone to die of pneumonia, or any disease before they die of AIDS. HIV IS EASY TO COMBAT WHEN ITS CAUGHT IN THE EARLY STAGES. (see: Magic Johnson)
The fact is, is that HIV is so subtle - by itself HIV is not detectable, but HIV WEAKENS the immune system, so when people start becoming seriously infected by viruses that normally the Human Body has a defense for - Doctors begin to look for HIV as the culprit. (you dig?)

Think about it like this... once AIDS has been established in a person , they have NO DEFENSE against ANYTHING. Hence the name = Auto Immune Deficiency Syndrome... YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM IS DEFICIENT!! In other words = Automatic loss of immune defense anything that invades the body.
But, HIV will allow the body to defend itself against some things, but not all.

This original post seemed more like bait, to get a thread started so that the original poster can read the results and then run around town repeating whats' been said here - and everybody fell for it.

I decided to post becuz the responses that I was reading about what ppl thought they KNEW about AIDS where totally off, and for those that know... P.ositive.Education.Always.Corrects.Errors !!!!

whitey
01-07-2007, 05:22 PM
First of all, not ALL viruses cause death in their hosts, what about the common cold? That is a virus that you catch, not bacteria, yet you don't DIE and still manage to spread the virus around thru your sneezing, coughing (etc.)... NOBODY HAS EVER BEEN KILLED BY A COMMON COLD!!!. (so when you respond to my post remember that I said that ).

you can die of the cold through aids.

theafghan
01-08-2007, 08:24 PM
[QUOTE=adomstrange;701531]First of all, not ALL viruses cause death in their hosts, what about the common cold? That is a virus that you catch, not bacteria, yet you don't DIE and still manage to spread the virus around thru your sneezing, coughing (etc.)... NOBODY HAS EVER BEEN KILLED BY A COMMON COLD!!!. (so when you respond to my post remember that I said that ).

yes, i'm glad you cleared that up. I didn't say all viruses kill hosts but i can see how my shit woulda been misread. anyways, the point is that, true, even tho not all viruses end up always killing their hosts, my point in the last post was that when a virus DOES kill it's host, it doesn't make it a poorly designed one (aka "dumb" virus), due to the reasons i posted already

and AIDS = Aquired immune...etc.

regardless of the reason for the start of this thread, i'm glad people will learn from it

and i like that PEACE acronym

knewcheeze
01-09-2007, 12:40 PM
so what are you saying actually does cause AIDS? Everything is a little broad.

yes everything is alittle broad....just a little humor

any of the toxins present in the enviornment or anywhere else on this highly polluted planet

drugs legal or illigal

meat dairy products sugar salt junk food

should eye continue?

knewcheeze
01-09-2007, 12:42 PM

give me a fucking break.

your faith in the united snakes medical community is touching....it shows that the age of innocence is not yet over

i don't need any "proof" other than that the united snakes medical community tried to murder me and i am just honest enough to admit it.....alot of people are too scared to turn against their oppressors...i am not one of those.....

knewcheeze
01-09-2007, 12:51 PM

And to the original post in this thread... HIV is a virus that CAN CAUSE AIDS!! Not all of the HIV infected people die of AIDS. AIDS is when the body's immune system shuts down - (ie) stops protecting people against viruses that would normal be combated. HIV can cause someone to die of pneumonia, or any disease before they die of AIDS. HIV IS EASY TO COMBAT WHEN ITS CAUGHT IN THE EARLY STAGES. (see: Magic Johnson)
The fact is, is that HIV is so subtle - by itself HIV is not detectable, but HIV WEAKENS the immune system, so when people start becoming seriously infected by viruses that normally the Human Body has a defense for - Doctors begin to look for HIV as the culprit. (you dig?)

Think about it like this... once AIDS has been established in a person , they have NO DEFENSE against ANYTHING. Hence the name = Auto Immune Deficiency Syndrome... YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM IS DEFICIENT!! In other words = Automatic loss of immune defense anything that invades the body.
But, HIV will allow the body to defend itself against some things, but not all.

This original post seemed more like bait, to get a thread started so that the original poster can read the results and then run around town repeating whats' been said here - and everybody fell for it.

I decided to post becuz the responses that I was reading about what ppl thought they KNEW about AIDS where totally off, and for those that know... P.ositive.Education.Always.Corrects.Errors !!!!

Yes HIV Is real and can be one of the causes AIDS but it could never be the only cause...if one strengthens their immune system they can get HIV out of the body once and for all....it is the Drugs that these devil doctors are giving out to AIDS patients that are killing them....its really D-AIDS....

when Magic first got HIV and started taking those drugs you could see him start to decline...he looked unhealthy and even when he did sports casts you could tell those drugs was fucking with his mind.....from what eye know Magic now knows what i originally posted and has stopped taking those devil doctors meds and right now looks very healthy indeed.....Magic could never go public with this because he would get murdered.......

it wasn't bait at all....i am currently trying to take the devil off the planet without using violence....i will see what i can do with non violence.....if i give up on non violence you defineatly won't seee me posting here anymore.....

knewcheeze
01-09-2007, 12:53 PM
PEACE
oh yes hello LHX!!!!!!! freedome justice and equality

whitey
01-09-2007, 02:04 PM
people dont just get aids from junk food.

Xsavior
01-10-2007, 05:57 PM
You bound to catch AIDS or somethin
Not saying that I got it
But nigga, if I got it then You got it!!!
What?!

-ODB

diggy
02-12-2009, 11:36 PM
nice post

ive been telling people about the hoax, but they do not believe

hiv testing is a fraud!!!

do you know before the testing of genetic material for hiv, they ask you some questions about if you are a virgin, what type of sex u had (anal, oral, etc.)

all of those questions influence the result of the hiv test

now if the hiv test is so accurate and tests for hiv, why ask those questions? if u have it, the test should pick it up right.

but that is not all.

ever see on of those dna results that show dark stripes on a piece of plastic?

well when a person test positive for hiv in africa, they only need one dark stripe on the hiv test

in north america you need i think 2 or 3

in europe you need about 4 or more

it is all subjective

it is racism and genocide

and like knowcheese said, the medications given to aids peeps kill them

for more info about this depopulation method being practiced,

type "hiv fact or fiction" into google or youtube and also check the related videos

ALCATRAZ
02-12-2009, 11:56 PM
lol @ this faggit thinkin he's droppin new profound knowledge what a fool

Edgar Erebus
02-13-2009, 02:13 AM
Just how retarded can a man get.

knewcheeze
02-13-2009, 01:45 PM
yeah eye get just a little less retarded than a person who eats a worm laced piece of meat because he is poor and will eat anything

eye guess he eats alot of dick too....san fran trick dude

Robert
02-14-2009, 01:39 AM

Fact: Viruses kill people. Viruses do not have interests. I know what you're saying however I think that suggesting a virus is living (having interests) is misleading.

Viruses are not living organisms although there is some conjecture as to how they should be classified.

the insignificant
02-15-2009, 12:03 AM
you can't make a statement as outlandish as that without elaborating... it just sounds like a post for the sake of posting...

Robert
02-15-2009, 02:03 AM
Not sure how that was an outlandish statement.

the insignificant
02-21-2009, 12:23 AM
Not sure how that was an outlandish statement.

wasn't aimed at you... apologies for any misunderstanding...

the insignificant
02-21-2009, 01:20 AM
was just saying that it's one thing to open this discussion, but it had to be kicked off with more than what it was...

i was just hoping that the point would've been elaborated upon...

diggy
05-18-2009, 02:52 AM
Check:

http://panachereport.com/images/Gia_Carangi_CDM_1_000.jpghttp://panachereport.com/images/61_8_000.JPG
Lipstick lesbian supermodel Gia Carangi, (1st photo) portrayed by Angelina Jolie in the film "Gia," was one of the first women to die of AIDS due to intravenous drug use.

What few people know and what wasn't shown in the movie: Gia was so strung out on heroin, she often shot up before walking the runway. On a few occasions, blood could be seen dripping from her arm while she pranced the runway.

Also, after being diagnosed with AIDS, Gia's menstruation would last 4-6 weeks (each cycle). Due to this complication and other AIDS factors, she bled to death.

Despite dying in 1986, 22 years ago, none of Gia's numerous female lovers have ever tested positive for HIV.

Questions:

What is AIDS really caused from?

Drugs or from a virus called HIV?

Rame
05-18-2009, 03:25 AM
Is this one of those ''the goverment did it'' threads?

Soul Controller
05-18-2009, 06:24 PM
PEACE TO THE THREAD STARTER

peace to those, who can see through the propaganda, and those that do the research..

i would love to contribute too this thread, but.. im sure i done it before on this forum lol many times..

the only question should be is, who made it. im sure some people in the high upper etchelons of power, know who created this retro virus..

now this is a conspiracy theory.. i personally believe its.. phase one. of something..
maybe a test,. and the real virus ( aids like /retro virus) is working in all our bodies..
inplanted with.. say.. 2007's influenza jabs....

now thats conspiracy.

but all the aids/hiv info is in the public domain., by many many well respected independent researchers.. its up to yourselves
believe the official reasons ( and play along like the good herd)
or..

how many straws did it take to break the camels back?

if people cant see, the connection of the vast amount of things going on..

:S

peace.

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
05-18-2009, 06:51 PM
Check:

http://panachereport.com/images/Gia_Carangi_CDM_1_000.jpghttp://panachereport.com/images/61_8_000.JPG
Lipstick lesbian supermodel Gia Carangi, (1st photo) portrayed by Angelina Jolie in the film "Gia," was one of the first women to die of AIDS due to intravenous drug use.

What few people know and what wasn't shown in the movie: Gia was so strung out on heroin, she often shot up before walking the runway. On a few occasions, blood could be seen dripping from her arm while she pranced the runway.

Also, after being diagnosed with AIDS, Gia's menstruation would last 4-6 weeks (each cycle). Due to this complication and other AIDS factors, she bled to death.

Despite dying in 1986, 22 years ago, none of Gia's numerous female lovers have ever tested positive for HIV.

Questions:

None of her FEMALE lovers?

Im not going to explain the mechanics of sexual intercourse with you, Diggy, but I suggest you ask an adult about "man parts" and "Lady parts", and then it might make more sense to you.

05-18-2009, 06:58 PM
PEACE TO THE THREAD STARTER

peace to those, who can see through the propaganda, and those that do the research..

i would love to contribute too this thread, but.. im sure i done it before on this forum lol many times..

the only question should be is, who made it. im sure some people in the high upper etchelons of power, know who created this retro virus..

now this is a conspiracy theory.. i personally believe its.. phase one. of something..
maybe a test,. and the real virus ( aids like /retro virus) is working in all our bodies..
inplanted with.. say.. 2007's influenza jabs....

now thats conspiracy.

but all the aids/hiv info is in the public domain., by many many well respected independent researchers.. its up to yourselves
believe the official reasons ( and play along like the good herd)
or..

how many straws did it take to break the camels back?

if people cant see, the connection of the vast amount of things going on..

:S

peace.

Who "made" AIDS?

There is no record of anybody EVER CREATING a virus. Man does not have the technology to create a virus from scratch.

AIDS is also thought to be over 100 years old.

It has also been PROVEN that AIDS began in chimps.

I'm not sure what you are insinuating and why you would make such claims with nothing even resembling evidence.

diggy
05-18-2009, 07:09 PM
None of her FEMALE lovers?

Im not going to explain the mechanics of sexual intercourse with you, Diggy, but I suggest you ask an adult about "man parts" and "Lady parts", and then it might make more sense to you.

If you have done research and read articles relating to this subject, you would know that females could get HIV from other females.

Have you not done research, DAN?

05-18-2009, 07:15 PM
If you have done research and read articles relating to this subject, you would know that females could get HIV from other females.

Have you not done research, DAN?

Funny you should ask, Diggy, but in college, under the tutelage of learned experts, I had two separate courses that had units on AIDS, one a Geography class, and the other a biology class.

I am assuming your "research" consists of googling and speculating.

Technically speaking, AIDS can be transmitted from anybody to anybody else.

But it is still unlikely to happen.

In fact, Diggy, sense you have been doing "research", you can tell me the likelihood of a woman passing AIDS to another woman without multiple open wounds and shared IV drug usage.

The nature of female on female sexual contact is simply not conducive to transmitting the virus.

Don't attack me, Diggy, because you are not on my level.

diggy
05-18-2009, 07:27 PM
Funny you should ask, Diggy, but in college, under the tutelage of learned experts, I had two separate courses that had units on AIDS, one a Geography class, and the other a biology class.

I also went to college. I am a graduate of a Pharmacy Technician course. We did have a section on AIDS and viruses, etc. So ya, your not telling me nothing. Stop assuming that everyone on this site is a dropout. Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups.

I am assuming your "research" consists of googling and speculating.

Technically speaking, AIDS can be transmitted from anybody to anybody else.

Actually, AIDS is a syndrome (not a virus) and cannot be transmitted between people.

But it is still unlikely to happen.

In fact, Diggy, sense you have been doing "research", you can tell me the likelihood of a woman passing AIDS to another woman without multiple open wounds and shared IV drug usage.

You are asking a specific, but I am speaking in general terms. Generally, a woman could pass the HIV virus to another woman.

The nature of female on female sexual contact is simply not conducive to transmitting the virus.

Well that depends on what they are actually doing during sexual contact.

Don't attack me, Diggy, because you are not on my level.

Attack you? You perceive an argument about HIV/AIDS as an attack on you? You sound really insecure, Dan!!!

05-18-2009, 07:45 PM
AIDS is an arbitrary term to describe a certain level of progression of the HIV Virus.

This thread says that "HIV Does Not Cause AIDS", when the very term, "AIDS", only exists as a function of HIV. So, literally, HIV is in fact the ONLY way to get AIDS.

So, to say that "HIV does not cause AIDS" is nonsense. The definition of nonsense.

But people speak nonsense and others jump on board and actually condescend to those who disagree.

And yet, as the Jesus Christ of Wu-corp, I still try and turn the other cheek and continue to guide you sheep towards the truth.

Salaam, Diggy.

diggy
05-18-2009, 07:51 PM
AIDS is an arbitrary term to describe a certain level of progression of the HIV Virus.

This thread says that "HIV Does Not Cause AIDS", when the very term, "AIDS", only exists as a function of HIV. So, literally, HIV is in fact the ONLY way to get AIDS.

You reveal that you know so little. It is very well documented by people within the medical community that there are cases of people with AIDS that DO NOT have HIV, as well as people who have HIV, but DO NOT develop AIDS. THIS IS A FACT THAT YOU DENY.

So, to say that "HIV does not cause AIDS" is nonsense. The definition of nonsense.

It is only nonsense to you cause you have not done enough research.

But people speak nonsense and others jump on board and actually condescend to those who disagree.

And yet, as the Jesus Christ of Wu-corp, I still try and turn the other cheek and continue to guide you sheep towards the truth.

Salaam, Diggy.

Salaam.

05-18-2009, 08:14 PM
Your semantics and anomalies don't change the FACT that HIV causes AIDS.

Not everyone with HIV gets AIDS. I never said that.

But HIV can, and often does cause AIDS.

Now, I don't know what you're talking about when you say there are people who have AIDS and not HIV. Elaborate.

But that doesn't really change anything

diggy
05-18-2009, 08:42 PM
Your semantics and anomalies don't change the FACT that HIV causes AIDS.

HIV - a virus.

AIDS - Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome

AIDS is a SYNDROME that could be AQUIRED by many things including chemicals and environmental stressors. This is NOT semantics, it is how I break it down for you after doing EXTENSIVE RESEARCH!!!

AIDS is a list of old diseases a person has at once.

There are cases in which people were diagnosed with AIDS without having an HIV test.

Not everyone with HIV gets AIDS. I never said that.

But HIV can, and often does cause AIDS.

Now, I don't know what you're talking about when you say there are people who have AIDS and not HIV. Elaborate.

There are people (that studies have shown) have AIDS and when they do testing for HIV, there is NO HIV!! This is a fact!!

If you do not beleive me, I am sure you could do some research to find out what I am talking about.

But that doesn't really change anything

Well it should change the way you look at HIV and AIDS only if you care to think about what you've read. If it does not change anything, maybe a little more research would.

Robert
05-19-2009, 09:37 AM
Check:

Questions:

Hold up.

You can contract HIV by shooting up with used syringes.

Now you seem to be implying that because Gia couldn't get HIV from her lovers she must have got AIDS from drug use, when really, she got AIDS because she contracted HIV from dirty syringes.

So either so didn't know this could occur, which means you really need to research things a bit more before posting, or you deliberately misled people to support your arguement.

Either way it doesn't look good.

Inspectah_Dirk
05-19-2009, 09:50 AM
Looking at gay p0rn gives you AIDS! Beware!

knewcheeze
05-19-2009, 10:19 AM
okay

HIV can cause AIDS

but its not the only thing which causes AIDS

one can have AIDS without having HIV

but HIV can be gotten rid of

naturally and holistically but the person who is trying to get rid of it MUST live a most disciplined life....which most people are incapable of

diggy
05-19-2009, 12:57 PM
Hold up.

You can contract HIV by shooting up with used syringes.

Now you seem to be implying that because Gia couldn't get HIV from her lovers she must have got AIDS from drug use, when really, she got AIDS because she contracted HIV from dirty syringes.

So either so didn't know this could occur, which means you really need to research things a bit more before posting, or you deliberately misled people to support your arguement.

Either way it doesn't look good.

YES!

I am saying people could get AIDS from drug use alone.

Drugs are toxic to the body and when the body takes too much, it damages the immune system, leading to AIDS, which can be acquired without a virus!!!

There are people with HIV without AIDS!!!

SKAMPOE
05-19-2009, 01:32 PM
hiv doesnot cause duh aidz...rich white people in power do..

Robert
05-19-2009, 02:33 PM
YES!

I am saying people could get AIDS from drug use alone.

Do you have any evidence to confirm that?

The article that you posted sure as hell does not confirm it. But yes, I suppose it is logical that if you poison your body with drugs you will reduce your immune system's ability to protect your body

Drugs are toxic to the body and when the body takes too much, it damages the immune system, leading to AIDS, which can be acquired without a virus!!!

There are people with HIV without AIDS!!!

Was I disputing this? It is well known from my understanding that you can get AIDS without HIV. This fact does not disprove that HIV causes AIDS.

That article is not necessarily an example of drug-induced AIDS given that Gia could have contracted HIV via the use of used syringes.

Nahmean?

diggy
05-19-2009, 02:56 PM
Agree.

Robert
05-19-2009, 04:00 PM
I feel like we're making progress here. I'll make an effort tomorrow to get you some journal articles.

05-19-2009, 04:13 PM
I still dispute the assertions that one can get AIDS without HIV.

The term "AIDS" is used to describe conditions acquired by someone infected with HIV.

I am interested in this "common knowledge" or "extensive research" that says otherwise.

Peep the CDC.

If I'm wrong, show and prove.

You CAN'T get AIDS from doing drugs or sharing needles. You can get HIV from sharing needles, which could then lead to AIDS.

As I understand it.

LORD NOSE
05-20-2009, 12:34 AM
so they send them in here to sound as convincing as they can......hmm

all part of the genocide programs

Longbongcilvaringz
05-20-2009, 06:25 AM
HIV does not cause AIDs

Yes it does.

Soul Controller
05-20-2009, 10:47 AM
Watch HIV Cell-to-Cell Transfer, Live!

Category: Infectious Disease
Posted on: March 29, 2009 9:10 PM, by Jake Young
http://scienceblogs.com/purepedantry/2009/...ansfer_live.php (http://scienceblogs.com/purepedantry/2009/03/watch_hiv_t-cell_transfer_live.php)

It's amazing what the kids are up to these days.

This one comes live from Mount Sinai (my present educational residence). Hubner et al. (http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/abstract/323/5922/1743), publishing in Science, use an infectious, fluorescent strain of HIV to watch the virus move from one cell to another. Their results are fascinating and may help us develop better ways to treat the disease.

(Full disclaimer: This research was performed in the Chen lab at Mount Sinai where my roommate presently works.)

It's funny how my biases work. I mean, I am not a microbiologist, but here is the bias that I had about how infections like HIV work: I figure that you have large quantities of virus floating around in your blood. These viruses invade whatever cells they happen upon, forcing them to produce more virus. Eventually those cells explode (lysis) from too much virus, setting them free into the blood to wreak more chaos. We could call this the carpet-bombing theory of viral action: limited selectivity, maximum damage.

It turns out that HIV doesn't work like this (mostly). In fact, it operates more much more sneakily -- like special forces -- viral ninjas, if you will. Instead of spreading out in the blood, HIV viruses transfer between infected cells through a structure called a virological synapse. (To be accurate, HIV does infect cells in a cell-free form -- this is discussed in the Introduction of the paper. However, cell-to-cell transfer of HIV is up to a thousand times more efficient and inhibiting it inhibits viral replication.)

Virological synpases are assembled like synapses between neurons. They are formed from the binding of specific proteins on the surface of the joined cells. These proteins travel and are organized on the surface of the cell using the cytoskeleton. In the case of virological synapses during HIV infection, these synapses organize the viral receptor proteins on the CD4 and CXCR4 as well as the viral envelope protein Env. When HIV hijacks a cell's activity to make more virus, it triggers the production and assembly of all the molecules required to make a new virus at this synapse. Then all that is required is to link with another cell.

Here is where the crazy part comes in. Hubner et al. use a special fluorescently-labeled form of HIV to watch the virus assemble at the virological synapse and transfer from one cell to a human T-cell.

How, you ask? First, the Chen lab created the first -- to our knowledge -- fluorescent, infectious strain of HIV. It is fluorescent because one of the structural proteins of HIV, Gag, was modified to include a fluorescent protein called GFP (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_fluorescent_protein). GFP fluoresces green and can be viewed under a special microscope. I say infectious because while many strains of fluorescent virus have been created, none have been capable of assembly such that you can watch them through all phases of their life cycle.

After they created this special HIV, they took cells that they had infected with their virus -- called Jurkat cells -- and mixed them with human T-cells. Then they filmed the cells using a very expensive microscope that takes pictures every couple of minutes for several days. When you put all those pictures together, you can watch two cells come together, form a synapse, and then watch the HIV go from one cell to another.

An example of one of those videos is below:

CELL TO CELL HIV TRANSFER
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8wf0zpo6Rs

The white cell is the donor cell, a cell already infected with HIV. The round bright spot is the virological synapse between cells. Not labeled is T-cell cell attached to this cell. You can see how little puncta, "buttons," of white float away from the synapse into the other cell. This is HIV being taken from one cell to another.

Here is another video:

VIROLOGICAL SYNAPSES
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q089rqvRso

This is a 3D reconstruction. What the microscope they use does is take optical slices through the cells -- 2D. These can be reconstructed to form a 3D image. The video is such a reconstruction being rotated. The donor cell is green. The round green splotches are virological synapses. The red cells are the recipient cells.

So aside from the videos being super-cool, what do they tell us about how HIV works? Well, in addition to the technical advance, this paper had several interesting findings from watching HIV go from one cell to another. Here are two:

First, there is the actual form that HIV gets into a recipient cell. If you remember from the videos, HIV going into the new cell got there in puncta or "buttons." Rather than just entering the new cell and filling it entirely, at the beginning the HIV huddles together. The authors attempted to determine the composition of these bundles. Partly using electron microscopy, the authors found that these bundles represent vesicular compartments in the recipient cell. The recipient cell is enveloping the virus with its membrane and pulling those vesicles into itself -- a process called endocytosis. These vesicles are remarkably stable. Presumably, the virus eventually escapes these vesicles and infects the cell. This is intriguing because it means that it we could prevent that process of envelopment, we may be able to fight the HIV. Further, it is interesting because a variety of other viruses -- an example is influenza -- also use this strategy to infect cells.

Second, the authors explore why infection by HIV prefers this cell-to-cell route. A little background: patients with HIV can develop antibodies that prevent cell-free transfer of the virus. They may be not be able to fight off the virus completely, but they can prevent this route of transmission. If you think about it, this is not entirely surprising. If the immune system encounters free virus just floating around, it isn't that hard to make an antibody for it. In contrast, HIV spends most of its life cycle inside T-cells. There it is much more difficult to identify and to stop. Interestingly, the authors watch infection with HIV both in the presence and absence of patient serum containing antibodies that block cell-free transmission. They found that these antibodies did not stop cell-to-cell transmission. By going through cell-to-cell transmission, HIV evades one means the immune system uses to stop it.

In the grand scheme of things, this paper represents an important -- albeit, incremental -- advance in our understanding of HIV. Scientists are working to understand every step of HIV's life cycle and trying to find drugs to inhibit every one. If indeed much of viral transfer happens at synapses between cells, then drugs created to stop this step need to take this into account. I have no idea how you would create a drug to stop synapse formation or endocytosis into the recipient cell, but I am sure that is what people are starting to think about. Every time we discover a new step, scientists trying to cure the disease are one step closer.

Congratulations to the Chen lab on this very interesting paper!

Hubner, W., McNerney, G., Chen, P., Dale, B., Gordon, R., Chuang, F., Li, X., Asmuth, D., Huser, T., & Chen, B. (2009). Quantitative 3D Video Microscopy of HIV Transfer Across T Cell Virological Synapses Science, 323 (5922), 1743-1747 DOI: 10.1126/science.1167525

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Incidentally, the paper had many, many cool videos that I couldn't help not putting up. Below are two especially cool ones.)

This shows a cell-to-cell transfer. Left is just imaging the HIV. Right is showing where the cells are plus HIV in green. Note how in the surrounding T-cells slowly get the HIV puncta.

CELL TO CELL TRANSFER OF HIV
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJIUaMItnWM

This one shows an actual cell being infected. See how it turns green. It's important that it comes into contact with an infected cell, and then becomes infected.

HIV CELL INFECTION
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzPKiFToItA

Soul Controller
05-20-2009, 10:51 AM
delete post please

check two
06-30-2014, 04:30 PM
There is some stench in this thread.