PDA

View Full Version : Discussion on Nigerian e-mail scams?

check two
01-09-2007, 03:03 PM
I was wondering what people thought about the excessive about of e-mail and computer scams that come from Nigeria? I don't understand how people still fall for this bogus crap. It's been talked about for years now, yet people still get duped. I'm glad to see that authorities in Nigeria are starting to crack down more on it now. They have been arresting some of the 419 men. Also, they have been arresting more and more of the corrupt authorities. I saw an interesting piece on 20/20 where they investigated the 419 men, and set up a 'transaction'. When the Nigerians came to the US, they were put on video camera, and they admitted that they were crooks. One of the Nigerians started crying. I saw Nigerian music videos where they make fun of the stupid people from the US that fall for the scams. lol

36chambers
01-09-2007, 03:06 PM
I saw a great website on this a while ago where people posted the names of the scammers, and they pretended they will give them money, in exchange for pictures of them doing stupid stuff. Funny site, ill find the link.

whitey
01-10-2007, 09:40 AM
kind of on this topic...there has been a rash of identiy theifts by africans on americans. a lot of old american computers for some reason get junked to africa and they have found of how to raid the hard drives and get all of your info. one thing i read about it said before you throw your old comp out take a hammer to your hard drive. FUN AND SAFE!!!

Battle 1
01-10-2007, 09:56 AM
It aint only in America, but Europe to as well. They send you through regular post these phony mail letters saying that you won the lottery !! Lol. Then say to verify it you gotta fax them your personal information. Including passport so that they know that you are the real winner.

Then they say once they have all your information they will then begin the procedure of transferring the money to your account. Meaning you have to give them your acccount number too. (Yeah, sure while your at it why don't you just go ahead and give them the keys to your house as well, so they can personally deliver the prize money to your door & literally rob you blind.)

They try to be so slick by even doing these scams from other countries already in Europe even, like Spain for example. So you get an official letter from Spain with an original stamp from Spain on it. Talking about you won the International Lottery !! Claim your prize Now !! Call up the number and then you speak to some non-spanish speaking African sounding guy. LOL.

:lmao:

No offese to African peoples though. I mean scams are scams, whether American, Spanish, whatever. Any kind of peoples can run scams to get your money too.

EAGLE EYE
01-10-2007, 10:39 AM
Nigerians know how to email and scam? Fuck! They are catching on.

This is not good.

check two
01-10-2007, 01:19 PM
kind of on this topic...there has been a rash of identiy theifts by africans on americans. a lot of old american computers for some reason get junked to africa and they have found of how to raid the hard drives and get all of your info. one thing i read about it said before you throw your old comp out take a hammer to your hard drive. FUN AND SAFE!!!

Isn't there a way to delete all the info on the hard drive?