PDA

View Full Version : Thought travels at....

Black Man
01-10-2007, 02:09 PM
- Why is it that "black" people don't get mad when there's black on black crime, specifically murder, b.u.t. they get mad, rally if a white person (of some type of power usually police) does the same?

- Pay attention to whats going on in Venezuala. It seems the president is truly striving for equality for his people, country, and anybody else throughout the world who wants that equality.

- Just because a person has money and is able to add on based on financial abilities doesn't mean they're "leaders." Oprah, she's not a "leader" she's rich. Get off her back for what she says, she don't know any better (not that person of said ability).

- Allah is Great, b.u.t the babies are the greatest.

- If hiphop is dead, so is every other genre of music. It's all becoming lame. Music lacks that "soul."

- If you can't visualize it (mentally), you're not going to achieve it (physically).

- Just because you get the knowledge of self doesn't mean all your problems disappear.

- Have you heard, lakes and rivers were found on Titan, one of Saturn's moons.

- Eat to live people, don't live to eat. In the words of Bishop, "fattness never prospers!" - Juice

- Rosie and Donald beefin' put them on the next smack dvd. That ish is funny!

- If you never been lied to, the lie is easy to believe.

- Notice how people want respect, but not willing to give it? If you want respect give it first!

- Who has it the worst? The Blackman is America of course. Don't believe me? Look how their women treat them and then comment!

- When the blackman gets right, his woman will be right, their children will be right, and that means the world will be right.

LHX
01-10-2007, 02:30 PM
nice perspectives

New Discipline
01-10-2007, 03:49 PM
nice
c.1290, "foolish, stupid, senseless," from O.Fr. nice "silly, foolish," from L. nescius "ignorant," lit. "not-knowing," from ne- "not" (see un-) + stem of scire "to know." "The sense development has been extraordinary, even for an adj." [Weekley] -- from "timid" (pre-1300); to "fussy, fastidious" (c.1380); to "dainty, delicate" (c.1405); to "precise, careful" (1500s, preserved in such terms as a nice distinction and nice and early); to "agreeable, delightful" (1769); to "kind, thoughtful" (1830). In 16c.-17c. it is often difficult to determine exactly what is meant when a writer uses this word. By 1926, it was pronounced "too great a favorite with the ladies, who have charmed out of it all its individuality and converted it into a mere diffuser of vague and mild agreeableness." [Fowler]

Battle 1
01-10-2007, 04:19 PM
I think if anybody commits a crime(s) upon the next, then it don't matter what race or who commited the crime, no matter what the person getting the crime commited to is gonna care. It is only logical. That goes for all types of crimes regardelss. Black on black, or white on black, black on white, or white on white.

:yes:

Godbrother
01-10-2007, 04:20 PM
I fear for President Chavez........but yes he is doing great things for his people.

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
01-10-2007, 05:13 PM
Yeah Chavez is genuine..anyone see The Revolution Will Be Televised??

He gave up his mothers property in order to spread the wealth!

Battle 1
01-10-2007, 05:43 PM

Damn that's some ill shit right there. I would probably never do that.

And about 'The Revolution Will Be Televised' , I think I heard Wu say that before. But don't know exactly what it is.

Yeah, Wu says that on the Wu-Tang Forever Album.

"The revolution will be televised." But what is it ?? An actual film or documentary or something ??

:learning:

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
01-10-2007, 06:07 PM

And about 'The Revolution Will Be Televised' , I think I heard Wu say that before. But don't know exactly what it is.

"The revolution will be televised." But what is it ?? An actual film or documentary or something ??

Its A Documentary well worth seeing It gave me hope for the masses!

Battle 1
01-10-2007, 06:43 PM
Its A Documentary well worth seeing It gave me hope for the masses!

Okay. I'm definetly gonna have to check it out. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

^O^

And I thought Wu was talking about the Wu-tang Revolution when they said "The Revolution Will Be Televised" on the Wu-tang Forever Album. I think it was Poppa WU or whoever sings that first song on the Wu-Tang Forever album that says "The Revolution Will Be Televised" that probably got it from the documentary film your talking about.

Battle 1
01-10-2007, 06:50 PM
I just found this on you tube. I think it's really called Hugo Chavez - The Revolution Will Not Be Televised (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8cfsYOtuiU) . So NOT televised instead of televised. Anyways doesn't matter close enough.

K8cfsYOtuiU

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8cfsYOtuiU

New Discipline
01-11-2007, 07:15 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thought_Police

Machete
01-11-2007, 08:08 AM
If Saddam can be publicly murdered for killing loads of people; but not personally by his own hands, why isn't Bush hanging from his privilaged horse riding monkey ass neck for the 3000+ of his own soldiers and hundreds of thousands of iraqi civilians that have perished.

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
01-11-2007, 08:51 AM
If Saddam can be publicly murdered for killing loads of people; but not personally by his own hands, why isn't Bush hanging from his privilaged horse riding monkey ass neck for the 3000+ of his own soldiers and hundreds of thousands of iraqi civilians that have perished.

Thats a good point!

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
01-11-2007, 09:05 AM
I just found this on you tube. I think it's really called Hugo Chavez - The Revolution Will Not Be Televised (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8cfsYOtuiU) . So NOT televised instead of televised. Anyways doesn't matter close enough.

K8cfsYOtuiU

WORD yeah my bad I left out NOT!! Thanks Battle1 I will watch this again!

LHX
01-11-2007, 09:09 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thought_Police

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

whitey
01-11-2007, 02:19 PM

i dont think this is a good point, no offence but he is a legitimate leader of a nation. he doesnt kill his own people. gas his own people. death squad them. rape them. pillage his people so he can swim in wealth while his people were in poverty. i think bush is a fucking duffis, but there is a big difference between sadam and bush.

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
01-11-2007, 02:55 PM

LMAO!!

Prolifical ENG
01-11-2007, 03:27 PM

that was actually very interesting....never knew wiki would have something that accurate fot that definition.

New Discipline
01-11-2007, 05:27 PM

Au contraire mon frair, the title of the post reads "Thought travels at...", (i.e. there's no intended subject here) hence my own thought upon seeing your use of the word "nice" for Black Man's scattered thoughts (your oft subject of ridicule here on KTL) was to cite the etymological origin of the word (which is unbeknowst to many) in light of that fact.

Battle 1
01-11-2007, 05:38 PM

You have a semi good point. Plus there is a big difference between Bush and Saddam. The soldiers that fought aginst Iraq and died chose to join and become American soldiers and if you do so you have to be prepared to go to war. The problem is alot of people think becoming an American soldier is not risky when in fact it can be. Plus, as for our soldiers as well as the innocent Iraqi civilians that died that's called casualties of war.

Last but certainly not least. Everybody blames Bush when the president is just a front man. It is those advisors and all the rest of the powerful heads in Washington that tell Bush what to do. The president is just a front man. It makes me laugh when people really think the president is responsible for every action that comes from Washington.

LHX
01-11-2007, 05:53 PM
Au contraire mon frair, the title of the post reads "Thought travels at...", (i.e. there's no intended subject here) hence my own thought upon seeing your use of the word "nice" for Black Man's scattered thoughts (your oft subject of ridicule here on KTL) was to cite the etymological origin of the word (which is unbeknowst to many) in light of that fact.
ok
ok

i apologize

i misread your intent

if you would like to start a etymology thread, you will have my full support

(also - i believe it is 'mon frere' with a accent grave over the first 'e')

i will un-delete your original deleted post

Visionz
01-11-2007, 08:27 PM
i dont think this is a good point, no offence but he is a legitimate leader of a nation. he doesnt kill his own people. gas his own people. death squad them. rape them. pillage his people so he can swim in wealth while his people were in poverty. i think bush is a fucking duffis, but there is a big difference between sadam and bush.He's never been convicted of killin his own people, doesn't mean he hasn't. And when you're sending people to war to die so that you and your cronies can reap the rewards its just another way of him continuing the massacre. He and daddy have profited tremendously from the war in Iraq

Machete
01-12-2007, 02:27 AM
It makes me laugh when people really think the president is responsible for every action that comes from Washington.
The President is a coach, of a very large team. The players might not agree with the decisions made, but you are sadly mistaken if you think the Pres has no power as you are making it out to seem.

Battle 1
01-12-2007, 07:35 AM
He's never been convicted of killin his own people, doesn't mean he hasn't. And when you're sending people to war to die so that you and your cronies can reap the rewards its just another way of him continuing the massacre. He and daddy have profited tremendously from the war in Iraq

There is no solid proof that Bush was responsible for the Sept. 11th incident if that is what your implying. I won't go into details, but even if it was the American government, Bush would have been left in the dark about something like that anyways, because that would have been even safer for the real heads of power that control and run Washington. When will People understand tha the President is just a front man, and that sometimes even he is used as a puppet. He is very much dependent and useless without the information and advice he's given. AND who do you suppose gives him his information, advice, and basically sets out his options to choose from. He will never even be given advice or an option to choose from that is not intentionally put there by the heads of power that secretly run and control Washington or basically the United States of America even.

And about sending people to war, if you don't want to be a soldier than you don't have to be there. Bush or Washington doesn't force anyone to become soldiers. Dying for your country and being patriotic is your OWN CHOICE.

:mmmyah:

Battle 1
01-12-2007, 07:38 AM
The President is a coach, of a very large team. The players might not agree with the decisions made, but you are sadly mistaken if you think the Pres has no power as you are making it out to seem.

Not saying he doesn't have power, that would be very naive. But best believe it that he does not make all the decisions alone, especially never alone even. His advisors tell him basically everything plus there are always other heads of power at play that really run Washington. Sometimes even the president is left blind, or does not know what the real heads of Washington's motives are or decide to do. He just does what he is told is best like any good front man would. Of course if advisors say this or that is best than almost every president that there ever was listens to their advisors. A president is just the surface of the layer. It gets much deeper and bigger than one man if you really want to dig to the root of the problem. For real.

P.S: Read my above post right before this one as well to fully understand where I'm coming from.

7EL7
01-12-2007, 07:59 AM
the president most likely had nothing to do with this or any war at all
if you are not in them circles, you really have no idea
its much bigger than our go to work,come home,eat,watch TV,go to sleep, programming can fathom.
They all just gave us things to talk about, and put a face and name on the subject

Battle 1
01-12-2007, 08:15 AM
the president most likely had nothing to do with this or any war at all
if you are not in them circles, you really have no idea
its much bigger than our go to work,come home,eat,watch TV,go to sleep, programming can fathom.
They all just gave us things to talk about, and put a face and name on the subject

Very wise and intelligent ASPU.

He is used as a scape-goat for an entire nation, or to put it more specifically correct the Amercian government. The second any president of the United States takes that oath that is always so.

When I hear foreign people say how much they hate Bush and that he is entirely to blame, than I think well it is only reasonable that they would be that ignorant. They don't live in the U.S. so don't fully understand the American Government and how that works exactly. But some Americans themselves should know better.

P.S: I am only talking about the war in Iraq of course. The Sept. 11th incident will most likely always remain a mystery. Though still about the Sept.11th incident, IF EVEN true like I said before I seriously doubt it would have been Bush's idea, and he would probably have even been left in the dark about it for national security safety reasons. The same as everybody else.

:nerdy:

Battle 1
01-12-2007, 08:21 AM

Punch
01-12-2007, 02:05 PM

Wu is referencing Gil Scott Heron's song "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Revolution_Will_Not_Be_Televised)

Kriszy Substance
01-12-2007, 03:22 PM
I liked that Black Man, thanks. Fishy but I already knew I think.

nice
c.1290, "foolish, stupid, senseless," ....By 1926, it was pronounced "too great a favorite with the ladies, who have charmed out of it all its individuality and converted it into a mere diffuser of vague and mild agreeableness." [Fowler]

That was interesting to read how that word started and developed. I had no idea.

I didnt know that either, about Chavez.....props.

K8cfsYOtuiU

Im gonna watch this...thanks for the link.

Black Man
09-22-2008, 12:16 PM
Who's the piece with magnetic? Just take a look at all the threads talking about.....

diggy
09-22-2008, 11:44 PM
- Why is it that "black" people don't get mad when there's black on black crime, specifically murder, b.u.t. they get mad, rally if a white person (of some type of power usually police) does the same?

Self-hatred?

Olive Oil Goombah
09-22-2008, 11:45 PM
Who says they don't get mad??

LORD NOSE
09-23-2008, 07:01 AM

- Pay attention to whats going on in Venezuala. It seems the president is truly striving for equality for his people, country, and anybody else throughout the world who wants that equality.

- Just because a person has money and is able to add on based on financial abilities doesn't mean they're "leaders." Oprah, she's not a "leader" she's rich. Get off her back for what she says, she don't know any better (not that person of said ability).

- Allah is Great, b.u.t the babies are the greatest.

- If hiphop is dead, so is every other genre of music. It's all becoming lame. Music lacks that "soul."

- If you can't visualize it (mentally), you're not going to achieve it (physically).

- Just because you get the knowledge of self doesn't mean all your problems disappear.

- Have you heard, lakes and rivers were found on Titan, one of Saturn's moons.

- Eat to live people, don't live to eat. In the words of Bishop, "fattness never prospers!" - Juice

- Rosie and Donald beefin' put them on the next smack dvd. That ish is funny!

- If you never been lied to, the lie is easy to believe.

- Notice how people want respect, but not willing to give it? If you want respect give it first!

- Who has it the worst? The Blackman is America of course. Don't believe me? Look how their women treat them and then comment!

- When the blackman gets right, his woman will be right, their children will be right, and that means the world will be right.

on point

Charles Barry
09-23-2008, 11:16 AM
Great thread, Black Man. Definitely some food for thought.

I'm going to give that Chavez a peep later today. Venezuela and Russia have become real friendly these days. Everybody is tired of USA's bullshit.