PDA

View Full Version : Platonic relationships

CherChezLaMarauder
01-10-2007, 07:50 PM
do you believe men and women get along better than amongst their own sex? over some time i've experienced that alot of dudes kind of back pedal away from me as far as building a cool ass relationship. And a alot of times i get either wierd or negative vibes. i'll be the first to tell you that i have a bold and strong personality, but i feel like alot of dudes have some kind of jealousy or intimidation toward me. Whether it's @ work or on the streets, it always seem to be the case. but for some reason women always appear to keep it mad cool with me. They're very easy to talk to and they don't size me up like men do. Most cats i deal with have this big ego and i'm not really on that tip.

My question is do you think men and women get along better? I think they do, but so many times people see the friendship from a distance and right away that person thinks those 2 are up to something, but i don't believe that.

Elaborate

CherChezLaMarauder
01-10-2007, 07:56 PM
it's a real complicated issue to tell you the truth...because there's friendships that you know it's on some cool shit...but then there's friendships that deep down inside it's more than that for both parties.....honestly i think this kind of discussion could go on for eeons.

Battle 1
01-10-2007, 08:14 PM
I absolutely know I prefer to have relationships with beautiful women plus like being around women I find beautiful 1 billion times more than men. I mean sorry to my homies. But really beautiful women are trully God's gift to the earth, BUT very rare to come by. I mean beautiful inside-out as well. Get the picture now ?? Not only for sex but a great personality as well included. I mean sex is great too, but the type of women you just love to be around and can trust etc. too is what I'm talking about.

Battle 1
01-10-2007, 08:20 PM
P.S: Besides can't trust to many homies nowadays anyways. I find that sometimes women are easier to trust. Plus women have never betrayed my trust or tried to take advantage of my friendship in anyway. Or am I being a bit too naive.

HMMMMM........................}:|

CherChezLaMarauder
01-10-2007, 08:20 PM
see but you're out for some ass.......i'm touching on non-physical aspects, man....

Battle 1
01-10-2007, 08:21 PM
see but you're out for some ass.......i'm touching on non-physical aspects, man....

Nope you got it all wrong. Friendship not ass, I prefer women friends that's all. But of course I like all my women friends to be beautiful too.

CherChezLaMarauder
01-10-2007, 08:25 PM
Would you like your male friends to be handsome? I don't get it, Fold1.

Battle 1
01-10-2007, 08:29 PM
Would you like your male friends to be handsome? I don't get it, Fold1.

I don't judge men's looks, so I wouldn't know if they were handsome or not. I just find BEAUTIFUL women more interesting to TALK too. I stress the TALK part. I never said anything about sex. You follow ??

:)

And what does Fold 1 mean ??

CherChezLaMarauder
01-10-2007, 08:33 PM
My bad, that was a typo on my part

obviously your friendships with women are fueled by your lust....what makes you think you wouldn't vibe with a physically less attractive female?

Honestly man, i don't like the direction this shits going. You're throwing it off with a nut on your mind. Don't bullshit a bullshitter, dunny. You and I both know your tru motivation.

Battle 1
01-10-2007, 08:56 PM
My bad, that was a typo on my part

obviously your friendships with women are fueled by your lust....what makes you think you wouldn't vibe with a physically less attractive female?

Honestly man, i don't like the direction this shits going. You're throwing it off with a nut on your mind. Don't bullshit a bullshitter, dunny. You and I both know your tru motivation.

Obviously you didn't read my post about being beautiful inside-out. That means I wouldn't be friends with a girl that was only or just physically beautiful anyways.

And my true motivations is nothing. No one owes me anything. I could be friends with a girl that was not beautiful if she was cool. I never said I couldn't. I am just speaking from my experiences. I like being friends with beautiful girls. I never even wanted more from them than their friendship. Maybe that's a little hard for someone who only thinks about having sex with beautiful girls to believe. Not me.

What about this qoute of yours:

"I think they do, but so many times people see the friendship from a distance and right away that person thinks those 2 are up to something, but i don't believe that."

CherChezLaMarauder
01-10-2007, 08:58 PM
why don't you enlighten us on the traits women bring?

TAURO
01-10-2007, 09:07 PM
Good thread.

I have my boys who are like my brothers, we are a tight unit, a crew even but of course I also like to hang with a lot of females, some of my female friends I've known since we was little kids and im very tight with them, I can tell them anything. Im one of those people that enjoys being around other people so I hang in large groups.

I do think you can have a very good non sexual relationship with a female but their are some things you just can't really talk to them about which is why I think it is better to have a balance of both.

Battle 1
01-10-2007, 09:08 PM
why don't you enlighten us on the traits women bring?

I mean just that I can more easily express my feelings to girls who I have had as only stictly friends even. I don't know maybe it's cause I grew up without a father if you really wanna know the truth or get personal. Plus, like I have said probably most importantly of all my trust has been betrayed by so-called homies before. AND that has never happened by any of the female friends which I have ever had before in my life ever. I don't know maybe I just have had better luck in life when it came to having female friends as opposed to male friends. Dammit women are just usually nicer and much sweeter even when just being your friends to tell you the truth. Men always feel like they have to be macho and that is it bottom-line.

Kriszy Substance
01-11-2007, 07:26 PM
Interesting thread marauder1...Personally, I get along with men/boys better. I find the same thing you described feeling from males, I feel from women. Generally speaking of course. I've met a few real cool chicks in my day but for the most part I dont tend to get along with women as well. I believe men and women are supposed to compliment each other naturally (not "hey you look nice today" compliment, but that they bring out traits and feelings in each other that the opposite sex doesnt for the most part). Of course the whole gay issue throws all of this theory in the trash I think, except that actually gay men usually have a lot of women friends as well, so maybe not. Then again, maybe I am just a tom boy and you are a girly man..lol. Nah, I think you got a good point. I wonder where that does all come from though...

Battle 1
01-11-2007, 07:47 PM
Interesting thread marauder1...Personally, I get along with men/boys better. I find the same thing you described feeling from males, I feel from women. Generally speaking of course. I've met a few real cool chicks in my day but for the most part I dont tend to get along with women as well. I believe men and women are supposed to compliment each other naturally (not "hey you look nice today" compliment, but that they bring out traits and feelings in each other that the opposite sex doesnt for the most part). Of course the whole gay issue throws all of this theory in the trash I think, except that actually gay men usually have a lot of women friends as well, so maybe not. Then again, maybe I am just a tom boy and you are a girly man..lol. Nah, I think you got a good point. I wonder where that does all come from though...

You named basically all the great theories where that can come from and basically most likely do come from. LOl, at girly man. Yeah a guy that is TOO much in tune with his feminine side would be an extreme version of the girly man. What about the ladies man though ?? Being around women/girls can also make a guy feel more manly.

Visionz
01-11-2007, 08:15 PM
I personally got a decent mix of both sexes for friends. Though contary to what's been stated, I find guys more trustworthy as friends than girls. I think this is especially true when talkin about how women deal with other lady friends. I've witnessed a lot of two-faced back-stabbing type shit amongst womens circles, fallin out over litte shit .......etc It's my oppinion that guys have a better snese of loyalty to their friends.

Battle 1
01-11-2007, 08:35 PM
I personally got a decent mix of both sexes for friends. Though contary to what's been stated, I find guys more trustworthy as friends than girls. I think this is especially true when talkin about how women deal with other lady friends. I've witnessed a lot of two-faced back-stabbing type shit amongst womens circles, fallin out over litte shit .......etc It's my oppinion that guys have a better snese of loyalty to their friends.

Wow. 8O I'm speechless. "Two-faced back-stabbing (bitches)".

Just joking. That's why in one of my previous posts I put I wonder if I was being a bit too naive. Women or girls doing some nigga dirty is nothing new. But to me it has NEVER happened. I don't know why, but I am glad and hope that never changes.

|)

Battle 1
01-11-2007, 08:38 PM

Visionz
01-11-2007, 08:55 PM
word, I don't see it so much in woman and man scenario, always on some woman, woman shit. I think it has to do with woman being so emotional in general. Mad cuz they didn't call so and so for two weeks, or becuz they're hanging out when this person alot and not so much them, kinda shit I wouldn't even think to get mad about.

TAURO
01-12-2007, 05:00 AM
Nearly every woman I know has told me the same thing, that they don't like have too many female friends because a lot tend to be back stabbing bitches, thats pretty much the way of thinking of all the females I know including my mum......lol.

Bloo
01-12-2007, 06:59 AM
I see that a lot too. My sister's got like one good female friend and like 5-6 guys she's been cool with since school. Me on the other hand is about equal, I tend to get along well with both sexes. But I do find it easier to maintain a friendship with a female rather than a male. I think with guys it has a lot to do with opening up and revealing their feelings and thoughts. All our lives we're told that women are more understanding and sympathetic so we're more likely to tell a female friend how we feel rather than a male friend out of fear of being clowned about it later. Cause I'm sure all the guys here can attest that their female best friend knows more about them then their male best friend does.

Queen Of Poetry
01-12-2007, 08:26 AM
I have plenty of male friends and they have never tried anything with me, we discuss whatever so I think it can work (but u got to be in the right frame of mind)..................

Treazon
01-12-2007, 06:13 PM
i think first you have to look at what kind of personality, inside and outside, somebody is. if lots of traits match between a guy and girl, or 2 guys, traits more to do with common interests and ideas, would lead to a platonic relationship.

matching personalities isnt measurable really, and like genetically, personally everybody is different, and go well with some not well with others, etc. ive always applied genetics to social trends (even tho im not traditionally well-educated in either subject, haha).

so to relate to this thread, i think if a guy is more concious of emotional satisfaction than physical satisfaction then you would see him chillin and gettin along with chicks better. thats rare tho, obviously most guys are out to bust a nut and be done.

whatever makes you happy, jsut dont lie to yourself