PDA

View Full Version : Slavery,Civil War Related Photos.

J-Cee
01-11-2007, 06:03 AM
Photos of slaves etc.

contrabands" (slaves who had been liberated by Union army forces or who came into Union lines on their own)
http://memory.loc.gov/pnp/cwp/4a39000/4a39400/4a39468r.jpg

Black Laborers on a Wharf - James River, VA
http://www.civil-war.net/cw_images/files/images/014.jpg

African Americans Collecting Bones from Exposed Graves from Previous Battle - Cold Harbor, VA, April 1865
http://www.civil-war.net/cw_images/files/images/770.jpg

Machete
01-11-2007, 08:00 AM
What exactly is your purpose showing these pictures? Everyone agrees it was a nightmarish time for them folk. Are you trying to provoke negative feelings that so many have tried to forget? You may ask why should we forget, I ask why should we be reminded. Them wrongs have been righted. Please explain yourself

UNCLE RUCKUS
01-11-2007, 09:14 AM
What exactly is your purpose showing these pictures? Everyone agrees it was a nightmarish time for them folk. Are you trying to provoke negative feelings that so many have tried to forget? You may ask why should we forget, I ask why should we be reminded. Them wrongs have been righted. Please explain yourself

Good Photos. When were those wrongs righted? I missed that.

Black Man
01-11-2007, 10:38 AM

How were those wrongs made right?

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
01-11-2007, 12:10 PM

WTF??
I believe you need to explain yourself

HOTEP!

tobacojones
01-11-2007, 09:48 PM
Cool picture with the bones.

7EL7
01-11-2007, 09:55 PM
stop complaining about the past dood.....black people have BET and ice grills now...lawls

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/7922/squarewatermelonhs6.jpg

J-Cee
01-12-2007, 01:28 AM
I'm just posting another thread..would you say the same thing if i posted pics of the vietnam war or the Holocaust???so why with this subject..

Machete
01-12-2007, 02:22 AM
WTF??
I believe you need to explain yourself

HOTEP!
Will do. Strictly a hypothetical situation: Let's say someone brutally raped and murdered your wife and kids while you were at work but the criminal took photos of the aftermath. Tell me how interested you are in seeing these photos. Hm?

7EL7
01-12-2007, 02:42 AM
Will do. Strictly a hypothetical situation: Let's say someone brutally raped and murdered your wife and kids while you were at work but the criminal took photos of the aftermath. Tell me how interested you are in seeing these photos. Hm?

its a must that we seriously study minds like yours

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
01-12-2007, 12:38 PM

How does this statement support your statement stating Wrongs have been righted??

UNCLE RUCKUS
01-12-2007, 12:48 PM
es loco

J-Cee
01-12-2007, 01:44 PM
Machete..i think those 2 situations are alot different in the circumstance..if ur american,take a look at what u see on your tv everyday ..whats fed to youz is alot worse then bringing up some history photos in the Know the Ledge Thread.

Xsavior
01-12-2007, 05:31 PM
PEACE

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
01-12-2007, 06:31 PM
Machete..i think those 2 situations are alot different in the circumstance..if ur american,take a look at what u see on your tv everyday ..whats fed to youz is alot worse then bringing up some history photos in the Know the Ledge Thread.

Yeah I don't even allow my children to watch TV...everything is tainted
T.V. = Tainted Visions