PDA

View Full Version : Military service

M_N
01-11-2007, 10:41 AM
I wanna know about your country's military service system. Is it optional or compulsory? how long it takes, do you have drafts etc..?

Every one male citizen of Finland must go to military service or civil alternative service except some some religions. MIlitary service takes 6months to 12 months(depends on training) and civil service takes 13months. Total refusers sits 6months in jail.
civil alternative service is just not my place. There you must wash old grannies dirty asses :dead: and it lasts 1month more than max time in army.

tobacojones
01-11-2007, 10:50 PM
I would be all for that if I lived in a chill country.

born invincible
01-11-2007, 11:25 PM
here in the US, right now, its a all volunteer military. as far as the Army i know that most service enlistments are usually anywhere between 2 to 6 years depending on the job. intial training is somewhat physically demanding but gets easier gradually as your body is conditioned.

7EL7
01-12-2007, 12:12 AM
they work on your mind more than your physical and thats obvious

GENERAL WISE
01-12-2007, 12:50 AM
here in the US, right now, its a all volunteer military. as far as the Army i know that most service enlistments are usually anywhere between 2 to 6 years depending on the job. intial training is somewhat physically demanding but gets easier gradually as your body is conditioned.

our soldiers are top notch at destroying and attacking, and because of training, they are not necessarily the most individual....bush raises 20+ K Iraqi's call

WHO WILL WIN. WHO WILL GO ALL IN>?!! answers after 2009.

supremecharma
01-12-2007, 01:27 AM
^word

HANZO
01-12-2007, 09:18 AM
although i was born and raised in england i have dual nationality. military service in england is voluntary but in turkey its compulsary. so after i finish school im gonna have to go over there and do 15 months. i dont want to do it, as the turkish army is tough, training is ridicolous a lot of the time will pass on mountains and chasing kurds. i aint lookin forward to it.

born invincible
01-12-2007, 09:56 AM
they work on your mind more than your physical and thats obvious

not true...

common misconception..

Battle 1
01-12-2007, 10:18 AM
our soldiers are top notch at destroying and attacking, and because of training, they are not necessarily the most individual....bush raises 20+ K Iraqi's call

WHO WILL WIN. WHO WILL GO ALL IN>?!! answers after 2009.

Not trained or taught to think individually ?? As a soldier you are part of a team, force, or army. And that means following orders from those above you. That's the rules, if you don't like it than you don't have to join. Those who join it's their choice in the U.S. at least. The military is not for those that don't like following rules or orders. You are not forced to join ANY American military service in the U.S. Unlike Finland if what M_N says is true.

I feel for you Finland. In all militaries around the world you basically give up your freedom and then belong to the government. You become the government's property. Foul as fuck. I am glad that when I was a little younger that I never joined the american Army like I wanted cause I might have died in Iraq !

P.S: About the comment about being top knotch at attacking and destroying that would mostly apply to the special ops forces which still alot died from what I heard. So that makes me think a little. Top Knotch.....?? Maybe their intel fucked up or something. For example Seals rely heavliy on intelligence and the right information. If that's fucked than their fucked basically.

}:|

M_N
01-12-2007, 11:29 AM
well it is hard training and such in here, but we aren't property of government. well duty is duty, I think. few weekends aren't vacations and you can have some amount free days for ex. birthdays.. and government pays daily payment and some other allowances(if needed). btw our government can't afford volunteer army. this year seweral garrisons were shut down. politics are talk much about joining NATO or EU's defensive system(what was it name again?) to reduce defence expenses. Although our people doesn't want to join military alliances

Edgar Erebus
01-12-2007, 01:48 PM
Croatia:

Compulsory, 6 months in all branches, 12 months civil service. We have drafts, I was drafted a week ago. As I'm currently outside Cro I don't have to do my military service until I'm 26.

The point is that I wanted to go and do my duty, but last times I heard some shit bout our army that I don't like. I heard they practically abandoned physical training, that they are corrupt as fuck, and that all people do there is spending days in boredom and doing drugs. So I don't know what to do because I think civil service is for pussies, but I don't wanna be locked up there without doing anything for myself or for my country.

Gawd
01-12-2007, 02:17 PM
Every faggit in the US is scared of the draft. I dont think it will happen. But I think it is better to have a Conscription. It would reduce crime and give training to teens who only know drugs and partying.

Battle 1
01-12-2007, 04:29 PM
Every faggit in the US is scared of the draft. I dont think it will happen..

LOl at faggit, because not wanting to die or fight for something which you don't trully believe in doesn't mean your a faggat or pussy, but quite contrary really. Some would rather go to jail because their against the war and or don't believe in the cause perhaps. Your dead right though. Some Americans take shit like that for granted. Plus enjoy living with as much freedom possible.

But I think it is better to have a Conscription. It would reduce crime and give training to teens who only know drugs and partying.

Excellent idea ! I mean if your talking about teens that need it of course. It could save them from going to jail forever, plus reduce crime as you say. The youth need more discipline, Lol. Send em' to boot camp !

:)

Battle 1
01-12-2007, 04:38 PM
well it is hard training and such in here, but we aren't property of government. well duty is duty, I think. few weekends aren't vacations and you can have some amount free days for ex. birthdays.. and government pays daily payment and some other allowances(if needed). btw our government can't afford volunteer army. this year seweral garrisons were shut down. politics are talk much about joining NATO or EU's defensive system(what was it name again?) to reduce defence expenses. Although our people doesn't want to join military alliances

You aren't ?, Suppose that war pops and they say you have to go fight, can you say no ?? I don't think so, so that means you have to do what they say like they own you or else go to jail or something like that most likely. You belong to the government because you have to do what they say. Thus your owned by the government. Your the government's property.

snapple
01-12-2007, 05:07 PM
thank god i don't live in finland haha, america is 2 ill you can volunteer to join that stuff

Battle 1
01-12-2007, 05:12 PM
thank god i don't live in finland haha, america is 2 ill you can volunteer to join that stuff

Don't laugh at the poor guy. He could be off to war to die at any second. Just kidding. Finland is a pretty neutral country when it comes to war and political issues, so I think our Wu Corp buddy's safe.

Battle 1
01-12-2007, 05:19 PM
^^ At least I think Finland is a pretty neutral country.

Edgar Erebus
01-12-2007, 05:42 PM
^^ No war since 1945, but MAAAAANY "peacekeeper" missions... like Cyprus, Bosnia, Kosovo...

Yeah, pretty neutral country.

Gawd
01-12-2007, 06:01 PM
LOl at faggit, because not wanting to die or fight for something which you don't trully believe in doesn't mean your a faggat or pussy, but quite contrary really. Some would rather go to jail because their against the war and or don't believe in the cause perhaps. Your dead right though. Some Americans take shit like that for granted. Plus enjoy living with as much freedom possible.

It doesnt matter if they are for the war or not. We are allowed our opinions but when your Country calls you its time.......politics aside. Its not like we are running nazi death camps and we need more guards.

Excellent idea ! I mean if your talking about teens that need it of course. It could save them from going to jail forever, plus reduce crime as you say. The youth need more discipline, Lol. Send em' to boot camp !

indeed ^^^^

Battle 1
01-12-2007, 06:22 PM
:{ ^^ Hey now that 's dictatorship and the same thing so many people are accusing Bush for you know.

If your country calls then you have to go no matter what. Well some people don't believe in war for political agendas. Some are maybe pacifists or others just don't believe in fighting for oil, etc. Yeah Saddam had nuclear weapons of mass destruction, but where was the proof ?? It doesn't matter though because Bush aint do no drafts, so he is not a dictator though.

P.S: Like it would of really been up to Bush entirely anyway. It would have been brought to Bush's attention or basically told for him to do by one of his advisors or all of them even.

:list:

Gawd
01-12-2007, 06:58 PM
it is not a dictatorship imo....again we dont need gurads for death camps that we dont run etc......but if you want to live in a nation and they casll you for military service i say you have to go.....you cant live in the us all free and with the opprotunitys we have here then want to ditch out on service. If you dont like the fact that we can have a draft at any moment i say go on and live in canada where your pay is taxed almost in half so every crack feind aliive can have health care.

Battle 1
01-12-2007, 07:06 PM
it is not a dictatorship imo....again we dont need gurads for death camps that we dont run etc......but if you want to live in a nation and they casll you for military service i say you have to go.....you cant live in the us all free and with the opprotunitys we have here then want to ditch out on service. If you dont like the fact that we can have a draft at any moment i say go on and live in canada where your pay is taxed almost in half so every crack feind aliive can have health care.

You have a good point. Just that most wouldn't see that as being very democratic, there's no freedom of choice involved.

Gawd
01-12-2007, 07:11 PM
yes but to live here again with all the schools and colleges and jobs and money available to be made i say you have to go no options. If you dont think that is worth living here then move to another Nation....all the better ones like in Europe have mandatory service at some point so go on to a 2nd rate nation were you dont have the same opprotunitys like you have here.

Battle 1
01-12-2007, 07:42 PM
yes but to live here again with all the schools and colleges and jobs and money available to be made i say you have to go no options. If you dont think that is worth living here then move to another Nation....all the better ones like in Europe have mandatory service at some point so go on to a 2nd rate nation were you dont have the same opprotunitys like you have here.

YOU WIN !! Can't argue with that.

:clap:

Gawd
01-12-2007, 07:45 PM
word....word...good convo mane.....

Battle 1
01-12-2007, 07:49 PM
word....word...good convo mane.....

Co-sign.

By the way your new Robert Dinero avatar is banging. I like it alot, definetly one of the best I've seen so far. Big ups.

^O^

It's from that flick Taxi Cab driver by the way right ??

Gawd
01-12-2007, 07:59 PM
yip....taxi driver.....

whitey
01-12-2007, 08:00 PM
i dont think you should have to fight if you dont want to. who knows when a country could turn into nazi germany. you should have to support that shit?

Gawd
01-12-2007, 08:04 PM
i already said that. i can understand not wanting to fight for some nazi shit......i dont even think there needs to be a draft for something like Iraq.....but in a ww2 senario i think a draft is needed.

Battle 1
01-12-2007, 08:06 PM
yip....taxi driver.....

The way you put "the Sickness" underneath plus also than that sig you got, they all compliment each other brilliantly. What a masterpiece when you look at it all together like that......

"The Sickness" !

:picture: ^O^

whitey
01-12-2007, 08:26 PM
if it came down to necessity i guess so. some saving the world WWII type shit. but how often does that happen? they are mostly used as pawns in Iraq-esq type fightings.

born invincible
01-12-2007, 11:16 PM
You aren't ?, Suppose that war pops and they say you have to go fight, can you say no ?? I don't think so, so that means you have to do what they say like they own you or else go to jail or something like that most likely. You belong to the government because you have to do what they say. Thus your owned by the government. Your the government's property.

the same could be said for those not in the military aswell... altho you may not have to follow the rules of the military.. you do have to follow the rules of the society. if you dont... you go to jail. so in that sense.. are you not owned by the same goverment who owns its troops?

M_N
01-13-2007, 11:07 AM

well if war pops we must obey what gov says. but why not defend our homes if something threathens peace of our country.

Battle 1
01-13-2007, 07:21 PM
the same could be said for those not in the military aswell... altho you may not have to follow the rules of the military.. you do have to follow the rules of the society. if you dont... you go to jail. so in that sense.. are you not owned by the same goverment who owns its troops?

There is laws to be obeyed in the U.S. if that is what you mean. But everybody including goverment officials have to obey them also. Technically speaking of course though cause I know some people with power manage to get around laws, but that's another story. Basically everyone has to follow laws of society and that's it government officials included, military laws are another story. In the military you usually have to do what they say and when they say it. There is much less freedom in the military. But like I said before it is not for those who do not want to be there or who don't like to obey rules or laws. Those type of people hate and would never join the miltary.

Battle 1
01-13-2007, 07:30 PM
well if war pops we must obey what gov says. but why not defend our homes if something threathens peace of our country.

True. You are very patriotic and your country would be very proud of you.

:thumbup:

M_N
01-16-2007, 12:08 PM
--

born invincible
01-16-2007, 08:49 PM
In the military you usually have to do what they say and when they say it. There is much less freedom in the military.

what do u mean less freedom? please elaborate...

HANZO
01-17-2007, 09:07 AM
duty calls @ 9th July 2007, well sooner the better, then it is over

on my birthday. at the moment im postponing my national service, do it after i completly finish university. im gonna go and do it, dont care if they stick me in the south east where we fight kurdish terrorists. im gonna go, maybe attempt being a commando, and atleast get a classified kill. and ofcourse no to be killed.

CHRONZ
01-17-2007, 09:38 AM
i'd rather go to jail

born invincible
01-17-2007, 09:41 AM
i'd rather go to jail

that makes sense...

CHRONZ
01-17-2007, 09:56 AM
that makes sense...
War and greed is neverending i dont want to be a part of it.
i dont believe in the army

born invincible
01-17-2007, 03:25 PM
War and greed is neverending i dont want to be a part of it.
i dont believe in the army

so u dont believe a nation should have an army? or do you just not believe in our army?

CHRONZ
01-17-2007, 06:44 PM
so u dont believe a nation should have an army? or do you just not believe in our army?

i believe a nation has its right to defend itself,
but if no nations had any army, they could not fuck shit up nobody would declare war if they don't have the "power" needed...
alot peeps just can't handle that much power,
i think it's fuck'd they can "tell" me to go to war.
i do not wish to fight for a country that in the end don't really give a damn bout me, nor do i wish to kill in the name of a country.

born invincible
01-17-2007, 07:35 PM
i believe a nation has its right to defend itself,
but if no nations had any army, they could not fuck shit up nobody would declare war if they don't have the "power" needed...
alot peeps just can't handle that much power,
i think it's fuck'd they can "tell" me to go to war.
i do not wish to fight for a country that in the end don't really give a damn bout me, nor do i wish to kill in the name of a country.

i respect that.