PDA

View Full Version : Originoo Gunn Clappaz

ironwizard
07-17-2005, 07:38 AM
Anynone heard of the O.G.C.? These cats are pretty underrated, didn't know them, until I recently went to Berlin and by coincidence heard their album "Da Storm" being played in a record store. A few days later I bought the album, and it's really good. At first it seems pretty repetitive but after a few listens it grows on you. It reminds me a bit of Mobb Deep, really dark beats, but still different.
I later found out, that O.G.C. are members of the Boot Camp Click....

If any of you guys have heard about them, or have oppinions about their music, please post.

thx

siciliaWU
07-17-2005, 08:17 AM
so many ignorant and new hiphoppers in this forum.....wow

Unforgiven
07-17-2005, 08:47 AM
...im 16, but your just hearing about the OGC now?

wow.

faderlaceratah
07-17-2005, 10:59 AM
so many ignorant and new hiphoppers in this forum.....wowso many so called "hip hop heads" such as yourself that try and seem like they know everything about hip hop. so the guy hadn't heard about OGC.. why don't you tell him something about them, or give an opinion on their music like he asked? Since, after all, you're such an all knowing hip hop head.. yet you still added nothing in the way of constructive discussion.

On the topic, I have a tape of The Storm in my basement, I copped it a long time ago and thought it was really dope. You've stumbled upon a rare, hard to find album. and it's dope as hell.

bringoutthegimp
07-17-2005, 11:13 AM
the first 2 people to reply are fuckin clowns, would you rather he never ever heard anything by them? fuckers acting like masters of hip hop because theyve heard something other people havent, ogc are pretty underground and you actually have to do a lot of digging to discover them

LikwidSwordz
07-17-2005, 11:24 AM
Yea i never heard of O.G.C. but i'll check 'em out now, so thanks for posting this "iron wizard" Seriously......some of us just dont have all day to look up underground rappers.

Unforgiven
07-17-2005, 12:10 PM
I didn't mean shit by what I said, I just pointed out the fact that I'm a youngin' and I knew who they were, I thought alot of people did, so don't get your panties in a knot.

and OGC is Louisville Sluggah, Starang Wondah and Top Dog, for those who don't know....

graffitiwhat
07-17-2005, 01:03 PM
ogc is probably one of my favorite groups period and "da storm" is one of the best mid 90's lp's you can get your hands on, ill admit some of thier lyrical content is a bit bland but the beats are on point, and its got a dark eerie atmosphere to the lp, thier 2nd lp the empire stikez back is pretty dope too,

dreday99
07-17-2005, 02:23 PM
ogc isn't underground. they were very well known during the mid 90's, as the whole boot camp era was still strong with black moon, smif n wessun, and heltah skeltah. unfortunately, ogc didn't do as well as the former. so they fell off rapidly, so some might now consider them underground, but in there heyday any hip hopper knew the gunn clappaz. so i must agree with northstarr, this thread surprised me when i read it. no disrespect to son who started it, it's good that he's learning about it, even a decade later.

btw, in my opinion "empire strikez back" is much better than "tha storm" so any new heads might wanna cop that one as well.

Prolifical ENG
07-17-2005, 04:22 PM
Yeah, I have that album. It is pretty close to a classic...but not...however if you do have it...it will rotate through your usual playlist and wont collect dust.

I think Starang Wondah is one of the best emcees in the East.

But yes, it is possible someone never heard of them....especially if they dont live in the East. I come by those people every day that dont know who OGC is. Oh well....I didnt know who Del was until a few months ago and that he is Ice Cube's cusin.....guess Im ignorant and new to hiphop too.

ch-chef
07-17-2005, 04:40 PM
da storm used to be one of my favorite albums, everyday id would bump it, now 10 years later i couldnt care less if i ever hear it or ogc again. i dont know if its coinsedence or not but after starang got jumped by them junior mafia boys seems to be when their downfall began.

Create
07-17-2005, 06:59 PM
I Love Ogc

Especially Staraung He Makes Me Laugh

I Got That Album As Weelll

And I Paid 5 Bucks

So I Got A Steal

mn2683
07-17-2005, 11:57 PM
da storm is a good mid 90s east coast hip hop album...i never heard any of their shit since, maybe one day i'll get around to hearing their other albums

siciliaWU
07-19-2005, 06:50 AM
Da Storm is certified classic....god dont like ugly is my fav song on it
MPire Shrikez Back is a 4/5 mic cd with Suspect Nikkas as the best song produced by havoc

Since you guys act like i really am NOT the all knowing, how many of you remember a group called punk barbarians with a cd called "sex props cream and drama in between"....sickness

CYENCE
07-25-2005, 11:01 AM
lol @ this thread
Man ya'll cats that wasnt into hip-hop 93-96 just dont know how sweet it was

arcane
07-25-2005, 11:09 AM
I've got the album... love the beats and their delivery. Someone said the lyrics are pretty bland which I agree with, but something about the grimy mood just makes me want to nod my head. "Starang comin like a hurricane lickin shots...."

Create
07-25-2005, 12:44 PM
Its Mad Hard To Get Empire Strike Back

shadow_god
07-25-2005, 02:32 PM
so many so called "hip hop heads" such as yourself that try and seem like they know everything about hip hop. so the guy hadn't heard about OGC.. why don't you tell him something about them, or give an opinion on their music like he asked? Since, after all, you're such an all knowing hip hop head.. yet you still added nothing in the way of constructive discussion.

On the topic, I have a tape of The Storm in my basement, I copped it a long time ago and thought it was really dope. You've stumbled upon a rare, hard to find album. and it's dope as hell.
real talk

the fool prolly doesnt even know everything about the roots of hip hop

stop fronting like u run this hip hop shit and let the kid gain some knowledge

peace to the maker of the thread

AcidPhosphate69
07-25-2005, 03:28 PM
O.G.C. are nasty. M-Pire Shrikez Back is a must have in my opinion. Heltah Skeltah were nasty too when they were still doin' shit together.

P3T3R BARK3R
07-25-2005, 03:47 PM
ironwizard is prolly from germany coz he wrote he copped the album in berlin.
i am also from germany and believe ogc is hard to find here.
i only have "the empire shrikez back" and i never found "da storm".
so don't hate on this guy coz he didn't knew ogc.
in germany it is hard to find some info about non-mainstream-us-hiphop.
coz indie-labels have probs distributing their shit overseas

ontopic:

ogc is dope as hell like all bootcamp clikk

PDTantisocial
07-25-2005, 04:19 PM
I think M-Pire is their best shit, tha production on that shit is nasty, I thought it'd suck cuz I didn't see Beatminerz or tha other shit BCC was usin' back in tha day but I love tha style of beats on that shit, the violins and all that. Da Storm is a classic too, Hurricane Starang is my track "Who else could it be but Mr. Strangle, hit yo ass from every angle, they don't really wanna tangle". Damn, Starang is tha best BCC member, when tha fuck OGC gonna drop another album, it's been 6 years.

ironwizard
07-26-2005, 06:50 AM
ironwizard is prolly from germany coz he wrote he copped the album in berlin.
actually, Im from Denmark, I was merely on vacation in Berlin. And I had never seen or heard anything from or about OGC in Denmark. I believe it is even rarer in Denmark than in Germany...

P3T3R BARK3R
07-26-2005, 08:20 AM
oh i think so. even though i haven't been in denmark so far.
keep checking out some bootcamp stuff, it's dope.

AcidPhosphate69
07-26-2005, 12:18 PM
I found a single used copy of M-Pire in Strawberries for $8.99. DOPE

Punch
07-26-2005, 01:42 PM
Starang is the only one I like. Hurricane Starang is a great song

PDTantisocial
07-26-2005, 04:24 PM
He's steppin' in hotter this year...Starang comin' like a Hurricane wit No Fear

hugo in montreal
07-26-2005, 04:30 PM
man fucking OGC. i used to listen to "da storm" lp almost everyday when i was in high school.

"Hurricane Starrang" is a classic. Starrang was on fire.

"M-Pire Shrikes Back" is also killer, but it doesn't touch "Da Storm" in my opinion.

P3T3R BARK3R
07-26-2005, 06:10 PM
anyone knows that classic freestyles mixtape by tony touch with bootcamp only?

PDTantisocial
07-27-2005, 06:07 PM
^^Well you live in NY bro. Out here in AZ that shit is hard to find, too, but I copped it at a used store that got a lot of rare shit, only 7 bucks.

WuBanga36
07-27-2005, 06:10 PM
the first 2 people to reply are fuckin clowns, would you rather he never ever heard anything by them? fuckers acting like masters of hip hop because theyve heard something other people havent,

^ Agree with u.

digitalninja
07-27-2005, 09:22 PM
...im 16, but your just hearing about the OGC now?

wow.

MUAHAHAHAHA

but nice that u found some of the realest hiphop !!