PDA

View Full Version : Informants? What's The General Consensus?

Rorschach
01-14-2007, 06:10 AM
I noticed Questlove's name on his MySpace page was "Start Snitchin!" and it got me thinking.

I don't like snitching, but it is mislabelled at the same time I think. If you know that you cannot personally harm someone that murdered a family member or a friend, giving information that could lead to them being tried for that murder cannot really be snitching can it? I mean, if the “Stop Snitching’ campaigns become reality, don't certain family members that keep quiet about their own relatives getting 'taken out' have a duty to hand out their own justice?

You can't say we're not going to talk, but at the same time let your children be murdered and not do anything about it yourselves, forget snitching, but at the same time, police your own communities, otherwise you passively condone the extremely unacceptable elements of criminality such as innocent bystander homicides, children getting manipulated into drugs and/or prostitution etc.

Thoughts?

AcidPhosphate69
01-14-2007, 03:53 PM
If you're a snitch, you ratted to get yourself out of a lesser charge or some other insentive and therefore, you're a coward loser. Honestly, if you tell the cops about a guy who just murdered a love one, I guess you can still call it snitching but that guy needs to be brought to justice anyways. Not that there really is justice in the justice system in the first place, but either don't snitch and take it into you own hands like you said. Or tell the cops about the scumbag and accept what the judge/police think his punishment should be. It's really your call.

Treazon
01-14-2007, 05:36 PM
yeah.. snitchin on your co-defendant is a cowards move in any instance.

i think we should define snitching as a negative in hip hop or the ghetto culture because crime is more often for survival. snitching in better-off environments could be seen as a positive, because by stopping the criminals the community is benefitted.

alot of rappers talk about snitching like its the most dishonorable thing to do..in some cases it is, but informing the cops of who killed your brother isn't exactly cowardly, but most gangsta rappers will tell you to shoot the nigga and get it over with.

but an eye for an eye leaves everybody blind, unfortunately in the ghettos blindness is more apparent... but survival is key

peace

LHX
01-14-2007, 09:34 PM
maybe people should start acting in a way where they dont care if anybody snitches on them or not

maybe politicians should start snitching about what politics is really like

snitching seems to mean 'tell the truth'

tell the truth
broadcast it

a person who commits 'crime' out of necessity should be proud

Bloo
01-14-2007, 11:02 PM
^^ Word to that right there.

honestly I don't see too much wrong with it UNDER CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES! For instance, muhfukin serial killer runnin around and you got information and tell the cops, cool. But if you're just runnin off at the mouth about general information, every robbery, every drug deal, every vandal. You're eventually gonna get outed and the hood will deal with you. As for those who get bagged with they man and snitch on him for a lesser charge, that bitch made right there. You had no problem doign the crime with him so you should have no problem doing the time.

Treazon
01-15-2007, 06:16 PM
kinda shows how fucked up the world is... when telling the truth is seen as a negative, atleast to the unintelligent

and politicians are the biggest snitchs on the block, forget what the Game says... election campaigns are just for one person to dig any kinda dirt on another and expose it to the world..that shit is snitching - the bad kind

snapple
01-15-2007, 07:13 PM
dont go against the streets