2. Around The Way Girl
3. Eat 'Em Up L Chill
4. Mr. Good Bar
5. Murdergram
6. Cheesy Rat Blues
7. Farmers Blvd. (Our Anthem)
8. Mama Said Knock You Out
9. Milky Cereal
10. Jingling Baby (Remixed But Still Jingling)
11. To Da Break Of Dawn
12. 6 Minutes Of Pleasure
13. Illegal Search
14. The Power Of God

How does this album not have a thread? Itís LLís finest hour lyrically, but the production is also perfect thanks to Marley Marl. Whether Iím 13 or 20 I still break my neck like a maniac whenever I hear Murdergram. That was my favourite LL track of all time at one point.

The balance is what makes the album fantastic of course, he's got the tracks that show people why he's one of the greatest MC's ever (aforementioned Murdergram, The Boomin' System, Eat Em' Up L, Jingling Baby, Cheesy Rat Blues).

He had the hardcore anthems that had everybody from the student to the gangsta talking & bobbing their heads (Mama Said Knock You Out, Illegal Search, Farmer's Blvd, To The Break Of Dawn) and of course it's not an LL album without the ladies getting their due (Around The Way Girl, Milky Cereal, 6 Minutes of Pleasure). Of course he also kicked some knowledge on The Power of God.

To this day there are people out there trying to match what LL accomplished with this record. Maybe it's the nostalgia but there aren't many current releases as complete and satisfying as this one was. Show some respect people.

Thoughts?

oDoUoSoKo
01-14-2007, 01:44 PM
poop.

Rorschach
01-14-2007, 01:47 PM
poop.

Huh?

SickSide
01-14-2007, 01:49 PM
Where in newcastle you from Flow

Rorschach
01-14-2007, 03:11 PM
Where in newcastle you from Flow

High Heaton.

Bigot Hitman
01-14-2007, 03:16 PM
Classic album, milky cereal is creative, and funny

claaa7
03-11-2008, 01:37 PM
Great album, the highlight of LL's career - it was definitely a wise move to collaborate with the hottest hip-hop producer (at the time) to make this album. Lyrically LL is at his peak right here, as the threadstarter said he covers the whole spectra, with hardcore bangers, lyrical joints, shit for the ladies, you name it.. Marley's backdrops are funky as hell wether they're slow-paced grooves or slap-in-your-face music (Murdergram, Mama Said Knock You Out), and although it sounds a bit outdated in 2008 it's still damn enjoyable. The title track stays as one of the rawest, most energic hip-hop tracks ever created...

9/10

thamainfacta
03-11-2008, 06:45 PM
the best ll cool j album by far. instant classic. boomin system and mama said knock you out being my favs on the album.

CharlesJones
04-12-2008, 11:11 AM
Mama Said Knock You Out album is a classic. He ripped it on Murdergram. People forget that LL is ill lyrically. Just because he's doing gay music now doesn't mean he can't get hardcore lyrically if he wanted to. I miss the hardcore LL. He's too soft now. His last 3 albums have shown how soft he is now. The GOAT was his last good album. People slept on 14 Shots To The Dome album. He had several hard joints on there. I think his best albums are Radio, Bigger And Deffer, Walking With A Panther, Mama Said Knock You Out. He pissed me off with Phenomenon album. That album is so gay except for 4,3,2,1 song. LOL@Master P's lyrics on 4,3,2,1 remix.

Tecknowledgist
04-12-2008, 09:40 PM
Mama said knock who out? I'll punch that bitch in the mouth 'cause she don't know what she's talkin about.