PDA

View Full Version : Internet security

Professor Poopsnagle
07-17-2005, 10:44 AM
how secur is the internet? how secure is filesharing? yeah, even if u upload and download from yousendit.com donīt u think that they log it? each file and each ip downloading it? i think there will come days when it wil become really dangerous, soon. but i am no expert - what do you think?

iNtell3kT
07-17-2005, 10:47 AM
its not illegal to share any file......but cracking or using some1's serial number for a product and hackin n such is......

THE W
07-17-2005, 11:18 AM
the internet definately has the potential to be very lethal. i dont know if it will happen though, but i dont think any type of security can stop a hacker that is good enough.

Professor Poopsnagle
07-17-2005, 12:15 PM
its not illegal to share any file......but cracking or using some1's serial number for a product and hackin n such is......
are you sure??? donīt u think that wu-tang were pissed if we were trading whole albums in here and they would know? nakhi the solarian on the other hand mentioned that the musicians make most of their money of touring. but this about movies, too, plus record companies, they earn less and still have to produce albums and promote them. and as they are a big industry i think they will do something.....

the internet definately has the potential to be very lethal. i dont know if it will happen though, but i dont think any type of security can stop a hacker that is good enough.
the industry is programming the so-called DDR(Digital Rights Management)-System into mp3s(yes, into). you are right, there will always people who can hack even that, but i mean if they track your ip-adress they can know who you are and where you are and sue you - that is dangerous!

ARCHRIVAL
07-17-2005, 12:22 PM
yesterday my mother showed me an email from PayPal saying people tried getting into our account from Romania. they even had the IP Address and everything. not cleveland, or new york. fuckin ROMANIA.

as much as sites like ebay or paypal say, they will never be secure enough. the internet will be the death of us someday.

THE W
07-17-2005, 12:51 PM
so if i go and rip one of my CD onto my computer and share it the software will be on there?

jR_killa
07-17-2005, 02:14 PM
You know there are simple programs you can use that will hide you behind anonymous proxys and enable you to surf the net and download/share files with almost total anonimity.

Peace

Godess
07-17-2005, 02:27 PM
Paranoid.

Godess
07-17-2005, 02:31 PM
http://home.interlynx.net/~jeremym/Cypress%20Hill%20-%20Insane%20In%20The%20Brain.mp3

Professor Poopsnagle
07-17-2005, 02:36 PM
Paranoid.
paranoid? where i live police tracks people who share too much on emule down. several servers are already closed. yeah, itīs just a minority but to set examples they donīt only hunt the big fishes but also students.....

Godess
07-17-2005, 02:37 PM
Fuck The Police

Professor Poopsnagle
07-17-2005, 02:38 PM
You know there are simple programs you can use that will hide you behind anonymous proxys and enable you to surf the net and download/share files with almost total anonimity.

Peace
what programs are these and how can i get them?

Professor Poopsnagle
07-17-2005, 02:39 PM
Digital Rights Management
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Rights_Management

i say itīs not yet but the industry is already preparing to fight back

sakk
07-17-2005, 02:40 PM
I think its going to continue to get more difficult to get, distribute, and trade all media. Theres too much money to be made for poor people to get these things free.

Godess
07-17-2005, 02:42 PM
I have nothing to hide..

Professor Poopsnagle
07-17-2005, 02:50 PM
haha...and before you call me paranoid - read investigative reports!

wher i live in supermarkets for example you can while paying your buying "earn" credit points for buying in that particualar supermarket and later you can buy things in exchane for these points. well, you practically get something for free. the other side is that they know what you buy. sounds harmless? your data doesnt stay in that supermarket thatīs why you get so much advertising ....

i think it might sound harmless but it is a loss of privacy. for example insurances can conclude from your data health and wealth.....if this sounds too futuristic: they already made little chips that are small and even can be washed and can put into nearly everything. your benefit: hey, paying in the supermarket goes faster....yahoo....but why?

itīs a little like minority report but in germany we only have one of these supermarkets for testing. the thing is the microchips are still too expansive.....

Godess
07-17-2005, 02:51 PM
Paranoia

Professor Poopsnagle
07-17-2005, 03:09 PM
Paranoia
why is it paranoia? by saying so, do you mean there is no reason worry?

like i said, i am no expert. but i read some articles that made me think about it. if you got other information or view then please share it with us.

Godess
07-17-2005, 03:17 PM
Insane in the membrain.

jR_killa
07-17-2005, 03:29 PM
Don't worry homie, your friendly neighbourhood killa is here, http://tor.eff.org/ don't say I never did nothin for you.

Peace

jR_killa
07-17-2005, 03:31 PM
And you might also want to check out a little program called Privoxy 3.0.3, if you run both of those then you will have almost 99% anonimity.

Peace

Godess
07-17-2005, 03:40 PM
:W

Professor Poopsnagle
07-17-2005, 04:36 PM
And you might also want to check out a little program called Privoxy 3.0.3, if you run both of those then you will have almost 99% anonimity.

Peace
many thaks!|)9:|6

jR_killa
07-17-2005, 10:54 PM
Don't mention it homie.

Peace

jR_killa
07-17-2005, 10:56 PM
check out how easy it is to find out basic info about someone online:
http://www.danasoft.com/sig/TinkerShow.jpg

iNtell3kT
07-17-2005, 11:03 PM
are you sure??? donīt u think that wu-tang were pissed if we were trading whole albums in here and they would know? nakhi the solarian on the other hand mentioned that the musicians make most of their money of touring. but this about movies, too, plus record companies, they earn less and still have to produce albums and promote them. and as they are a big industry i think they will do something.....
its just fuckin music, it should be free, but sence everyones lives are built around money people need money to feel like thier accomplishing somthing, self pride isnt enough for them, if they got it,

i dont really care whos pissed...and yes IM GODDAMN SURE, its not illegal, man u cant stop file sharing, people WILL find a way if their true piraters, but it wont be stopped man.....belive me, i dont care how they make their money, money doesnt mean shit to me, i just want to listen to music

Professor Poopsnagle
07-18-2005, 02:09 AM
its just fuckin music, it should be free, but sence everyones lives are built around money people need money to feel like thier accomplishing somthing, self pride isnt enough for them, if they got it,

i dont really care whos pissed...and yes IM GODDAMN SURE, its not illegal, man u cant stop file sharing, people WILL find a way if their true piraters, but it wont be stopped man.....belive me, i dont care how they make their money, money doesnt mean shit to me, i just want to listen to music
i get your point but when speaking of illlegal i meant "against the law of the government" - and that is the case, isnt it? that it probably cant be stopped is something different.

you made a good point saying that everyones lives are built around money. actually a month ago i was at a discussion about filesharing with the main protagonists being a successful rapper (and labelowner), someone who wrote a book about mp3s(rip, mix and burrrn) and a member of the "chaos computer club". of course most ppl in the audience had the opinon that filesharing should be legal but what really shocked me was that they said things like: "do the artists love the money or the music?". i personally think thatīs bullshit because i think that as we are living in a world run by money everyone is free to decide wether to charge money for the performance or the opus he is providing. we dont live in communism and imho it would be very unfair to let a taxi drive take money for his work but a musician not.
it is on the other hand outta question that cds are too fucking expensive! the record companies complain now, but they didnt do shit about it back then. if i buy a cd these days itīs on ebay or amzon for low price and shit is a classic album i wann own with cd an booklet. but i remember b4 my internet days how expensive it was for me as a teenager to buy a cd and compared to the prices now they have even risen.

Wooly Noggins
07-18-2005, 02:31 AM
They knew from the start what was gonna go down - they are way ahead of us
to take total control over the world - to put them into a World Wide Web
they would have to bait you with free stuff - anything you want _FREE_

once you get hooked, and you are Hooked - they pull us all "into the net"

INterNet ! WORLD WIDE WEB - they telling you what they doing to you

and they like "WHAT WHAT !"

WELCOME TO THE NEW WORLD ORDER

sakk
07-18-2005, 12:51 PM
good lookin out jR_killa (member.php?u=30065) i never knew about these programs, hopefully i use em right

THE W
07-18-2005, 01:15 PM

music will be free when food, clothing, and shelter are free.

iNtell3kT
07-18-2005, 02:20 PM
i get your point but when speaking of illlegal i meant "against the law of the government" - and that is the case, isnt it? that it probably cant be stopped is something different.

you made a good point saying that everyones lives are built around money. actually a month ago i was at a discussion about filesharing with the main protagonists being a successful rapper (and labelowner), someone who wrote a book about mp3s(rip, mix and burrrn) and a member of the "chaos computer club". of course most ppl in the audience had the opinon that filesharing should be legal but what really shocked me was that they said things like: "do the artists love the money or the music?". i personally think thatīs bullshit because i think that as we are living in a world run by money everyone is free to decide wether to charge money for the performance or the opus he is providing. we dont live in communism and imho it would be very unfair to let a taxi drive take money for his work but a musician not.
it is on the other hand outta question that cds are too fucking expensive! the record companies complain now, but they didnt do shit about it back then. if i buy a cd these days itīs on ebay or amzon for low price and shit is a classic album i wann own with cd an booklet. but i remember b4 my internet days how expensive it was for me as a teenager to buy a cd and compared to the prices now they have even risen.
but it ISNT illegal, its just on that edge, belive me, im part of a pirateing community called eP or ePirate.net, i always read the latest news....
and the courts cant bann P2P Programs, meaning on the net, only hyperlinking is illegal, any P2P program wheather its, torrent, edk2, or simple movie and audio files for which ever handler is LEGAL, i know my shit

Professor Poopsnagle
07-18-2005, 03:07 PM
^yeah ok the programs are lega. but if i download a movie b4 its in cinema - isnt that illegal?

Funk_Dock
07-18-2005, 03:15 PM
your right...downloadin mp3's these days is considered as a crime and even in my country and germany police have begun calling people asking them to stop downloadin or they'll get a hefty fine...

iNtell3kT
07-18-2005, 03:30 PM
^yeah ok the programs are lega. but if i download a movie b4 its in cinema - isnt that illegal?what do u think?

Professor Poopsnagle
07-18-2005, 03:41 PM
illegal, at least i thought that was the reason they shuttet down suprnova.org

check two
07-18-2005, 10:38 PM
Stay away from google if you're concerned about privacy.

Mixtape Mutt
07-18-2005, 10:40 PM
What's wrong with Google?

check two
07-18-2005, 10:41 PM
I don't like how google keeps track of some things that you type in e-mails, and also things you search.

Godess
07-18-2005, 10:42 PM
I don't drink sweetheart.

check two
07-18-2005, 10:45 PM
Are you still drinking, Goddess?

Mixtape Mutt
07-18-2005, 11:07 PM
I don't like how google keeps track of some things that you type in e-mails, and also things you search.

It does that???! Wow...is it stored onto my comp? If it is, do you know how to get rid of it?

Godess
07-18-2005, 11:07 PM
No, I'm just crazy.