11.Yellow Brick Road
12.So Much Drama
13.She's Just A Freak
14.Plead Guilty
15.I Got 5 On It (Remix)
16.Outro

TAURO
01-18-2007, 04:47 AM
Before Yukmouth had beef with G-Unit he was one half of the group Luniz who with Knumskull came in 95 with their platinum selling album OPERATION STACKOLA. Carried by their international hit I got 5 on it Luniz quickly blew up, but in time they eventually faded back into the underground.

OPERATION STACKOLA is a bit of a difficult album for me to review, reason is because back when this came out in 95 I loved this type of hip hop, but as time has gone on my taste has matured and developed meaning I expect more from rap these days because the lyrics here consist of the usual by today's standards of pimping hoes, busting shots and getting money stacks...
Despite this though, back in 95 this group along with others brought me a lot of joy.

LYRICS
Yukmouth and Knumbskull both have great flow and ride the beats well, despite the repetitive and limited subject matter it's clear that both mc's are having fun and clearly this was their actual way of thinking at the time.
For me the opening track PUT THE LEAD ON YA and imo the classic I GOT 5 ON IT demonstrate their style the best.

PRODUCTION
Depending on what you think of Westcoast and Mid-West production you will either love it or hate it, personally this type of production was at it's best in the mid ninties, carrying nice smooth grooves while still being able to bump your head to it.

OVERALL
This is a summertime album to bump in the whip with the top down, it's really the best way to get the most from this album.
In terms of intellectual stimulation you won't get much from this and if you already hate that thug/gangsta type rap this probably won't do much to sway you, but it does carry a certain energy which is appealing and if thug rap is your thing then this a good solid album to add to the collection.

Lyrics - 6/10
Production - 8/10
Overall - 7/10
http://www.zshare.net/audio/02-put-the-lead-on-ya-mp3.html

TAURO
02-01-2007, 12:10 PM
Am I the only one who has heard this album?.......why no comments?

GreenPoop!
05-12-2007, 07:39 PM
I Got 5 On It is one my favorite beats.

The Hound
05-13-2007, 02:41 PM
i havent herd this in like fuck, 10 years or something so my memory is very sketchy, but i remember we used to listen to it every afternoon at the park after skool playin soccer to this shit for hours, i keep meaning to purchase another copy ... lookin forward to a review ...

11th Chamber
05-13-2007, 03:09 PM
It's G-Unit bitch, let me show you what blood bout
When my blood pressure rises, I bring the Bloods out
Put the barrell on his neck, blow his guts out (gunshot)
Now that's whats you call a Yukmouth

TAURO
05-13-2007, 04:41 PM
Updated review.

noel411
05-17-2007, 02:36 AM
I used to bump this album back in the day. I recently got hold of it again and gave it a spin. It's a cool album. Still really dig 'I Got 5 On It'. Other than that it's nothing special. It worked for me back in the day but not so much anymore.

Longbongcilvaringz
05-17-2007, 03:56 AM
"I Got 5 On It" has a nice beat, saw the album recently for $5 or $10, might pick it up next time.

TUCO
05-18-2007, 11:14 AM
this a classic!!!
sucks ppl only recognize "i got 5 on it"
Yukmouth's solo shit is dope too
back when Bay Area was pioneering shit evryone else stole

TAURO
05-18-2007, 11:31 AM
I've got a Yukmouth double cd album which i've had for years, I don't have the cover because I picked it up at a bargain sale, one cd is blue the other red. I remember quite likeing it although I have no idea were I put it.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-30-2007, 08:22 PM
Put the Lead on Ya was my fav. track.....I listened to it on youtube for the first time since like 96 or somethin....10 years. Forgot how good that song was.

CharlesJones
12-31-2007, 03:46 PM
Operation Stackola is a tight album. There's other good songs on the album besides I Got 5 On It. Yukmouth is a funny dude. His interviews in Murder Dog magazine always make me laugh because he always disses Master P, 50 Cent and Dr Dre. The double cd you're talking about by him is called Thugged Out. That's a tight album. I got his other albums Thug Lord and Godzilla. Those are decent. He has a song on Thug Lord dissing Master P and Too Short.

Dragondude_R
12-31-2007, 03:48 PM
Classic album, Broke Niggaz is my shit.

CharlesJones
12-31-2007, 05:15 PM
Have ya'll heard the other Luniz albums Lunitik Musik and Silver And Black? Those are pretty good too. Yukmouth said he was disappointed with Lunitik Musik album because his record label was trying to get him and Numbskull to do some mainstream songs and they didn't wanna do that. He said they wanted to make the album gutter like their first album. Yukmouth also said he doesn't want his fans to think it's his and Numbskull's fault that Lunitik Musik wasn't that good of a album because he said if it was up to them, they would've made the album hard. I remember their first single Me And You with Raphael Saddiq from Lunitik Musik and that song was gay. I know they didn't wanna do that shit.

Yukmouth also did a collabo album with C-Bo and they called themselves Thug Lordz and the album was called In Thugs We Trust. That's a tight ass album. They got a song on there dissing G Unit rapping on G Unit's How To Stunt beat and they shitted on G Unit badly LOL. They also got a song with Spice 1 and they did a remake of a old Spice 1 song i forgot the name of. Spice 1 was supposed to be in the Thug Lordz group but Yukmouth said it was hard for him to do the album with him and C-Bo because Spice 1 lived in Las Vegas instead of Oakland when the album was being recorded and it was hard for them to keep in contact with him. Have ya'll peeped Yukmouth's compilation albums United Ghettos Of America volume 1 and volume 2? I didn't like the albums because of the beats but the rhymes was tight.

Bucellito 136
01-01-2008, 03:27 PM
i used to listen to this album back in the days but it's not a classic for me

MAYOR QUIMBY
01-08-2008, 02:52 AM
I feel bad i spent money on this album. Only about 2 hot tracks. Even tho i currently reside in the Bay Area, i cant stand the rap made here.