PDA

View Full Version : Watch tha beat drop.

INF
01-18-2007, 03:24 PM
Okay , so heres how its goin down. In this thread , I'm gonna post snippets of beats that I am working on. The snippets is gonna be fucked up(sound quality , timing , etc). However , You are gonna be able to watch them develope and turn into acceptable beats that I will be willing to share.

I'm gonna work on one at a time. Know this though , I just started using FL but I pretty much know what to do so that this dont turn out lame. There is a method to the madness.

So... here we go. Here is a snippet of the first beat , its called talk on.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=653659 (http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pageartist.cfm?bandID=653659)

lmao.:thumbup:

Lil' Ruger
01-18-2007, 07:23 PM
its only a snippet tho right god?

i wanna see the finished product!

shit...i needa get me a soundclick.....

INF
01-18-2007, 07:36 PM
Yeah ,its only a snippet at this point of whats goin on. Theres a few tracks that I had At that point that I left out as well. The shit wasnt even timed up right or filled in properly at that point. WHat I gave ya'll right there is what I had in mind when I woke up this morning. I got different changes now and its EQ'd out right. I need to make a few more rolls and then it should be a rap.

I thought it would be fun to listen to something as my idea at first and then see what I do with it.

I've requested this at different forums before and I've seen it requested but never answered so I figured fuck it. I'm learning FL right now and why not a better time to pull this.

Not only do you get to listen to the creative process grow into a track but you get to watch somebody gradualy(sp?) get better.

Since I have signed up here(2 yrs ago I think) I have watched some ppl really sharpen their shit and thats something amazing to watch. idk...my life is all about music. Its something entertaining for me , I know that.

EDIT___shit , I should make a sound click for this shit cuz if I dont then the links will expire if you are reading this thread say , months from now. Might as well huh.

Lil' Ruger
01-18-2007, 07:44 PM
yea i cant do it tonight but tomorrow i'm gonna make a soundclick get all my shit in there and really start to tear it up...

i made some shit just now wit the instruments and it was pretty damn cool.

Complex
01-18-2007, 10:48 PM
Peace.. U on tha right track yo.. All I can say is practice ya craft, and u got no choice but 2 elevate.. Keep @ it fam

PEACE

INF
01-19-2007, 02:02 AM
Peace Complex.

I be practicin everyday and eatin my vitamins and sayin my prayers an shit yo. Its only a matter of time.
lmao

For real though , thanks for peepin this shit out.
I'll update it soon, keep a look out.

Lil' Ruger
01-19-2007, 08:15 AM
^^^lol

well inf i gotta get in here tonight i aint download the WWI mixtape yet and i aint peeped the snippet....

and while i'm listenin to it i'll prolly make my soundclick.

INF
01-21-2007, 09:46 PM
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pageartist.cfm?bandID=653659

heres the link to my soundclick. Remember, this account is set up so you can watch beats progress.

INF
01-22-2007, 09:14 PM
Got the new one for today. Check it out. Its called "the simple things".
I'd appriciate some feedback so I can see what I need to do and what I dont need to do. Thanks.:mmmyah:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=653659

The Ghost
01-22-2007, 09:24 PM
I think both of the beats are pretty good just need to be mixed properly. I would help but I'm still trying to learn the shit myself.

INF
01-22-2007, 09:29 PM
thanx Ghost. I figure that its just gonna get better with time. Already , look how todays was sync'd up better than the first one. Its only a matter of time and learning the program in an out. I wish there was an ask Geeves for FL so that when I got a question then I can get results in a snap but oh well. Its all about tha learning process ya know.

Peace though and thanx for takin a listen homie.

The Ghost
01-22-2007, 09:37 PM
Anytime. I wish I knew more about Fl Studio 6 though but I don't. I just started messing with that and Reason (Ill synths). I'm a sample person myself.

INF
01-22-2007, 09:46 PM
I really like tha idea of using samples and I got tons of records to choose grooves from but right now I wanna focuse on creating from scratch. I wanna learn how to perfect that and make it sound acceptable.

I got tons of ideas written down though for samples. I even gots old ass four track tapes from 99 of samples an shit so , when I cross that bridge , I'm good.

INF
01-22-2007, 11:03 PM
ayo , where my ppls at????

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
01-22-2007, 11:09 PM
Peeped the beats they were cool for someone just starting out & i can see where you're going...

that said get far FAR away from the FL sounds man they are waaaaay too generic to be using and don't provide the sound i can hear you looking for...you may not like sampling but you can get alot of ill sounds from sampling, it's not just about "finding a hot loop"

figure that out and you'll figure out how to truly sample & make beats

PEACE

INF
01-22-2007, 11:12 PM
thanx for listenin Sun.I appriciate the feedback. I need that shit right now more than ever.

To be honest , I dont know what I need to pull samples and use them in FL. Do I have to Midi something in? I done asked this in a few other threads and I aint got any answer.

01-22-2007, 11:15 PM
what do you mean? you don't know how to use them when you get inside FL? do you already have them chopped?

INF
01-22-2007, 11:16 PM
thats the thing I aint got nuthin to chop samples with unless you can do that in FL. I seen this tutorial where dude showed a program that he was using to chop samples and then he sent them to FL. I need that shit. I need something to pull samples with.

I'm lost now.

01-22-2007, 11:19 PM
use cool edit or sumthin

all you need is an audio editing program

INF
01-24-2007, 03:45 PM
*bump* I be savin this thread from stayin on the second page like I be throwin my arm around my girl in a room fulla niggas. lmao.

CID DIGITAL
01-25-2007, 10:34 PM
Got two new ones up. Got a new one everday as well so stay posted.:spin:

Lil' Ruger
01-25-2007, 10:51 PM
i don't know how to chop either.....and everytime i put up a sample and play it i cant hear anything.

CID DIGITAL
01-25-2007, 11:27 PM
You hear my new shits? Got 2 of em.

GameOfDeath
01-26-2007, 01:31 AM
thats the thing I aint got nuthin to chop samples with unless you can do that in FL. I seen this tutorial where dude showed a program that he was using to chop samples and then he sent them to FL. I need that shit. I need something to pull samples with.

I'm lost now.

Go to a channel, open WaveTraveller.

Click on the folder icon.

Load an MP3 or WAV.

Then move the sliders to the section you want to play.

Then change the "switch" to Tempo based if you want it to play for a fixed amount of time on the pattern.

Once you play around with it you see you can get really creative. You can even take the samples in the pattern and export them as mp3 and import them back into a sampler channel since WaveTraveller doesn't timestretch.

If you want to chop externally you can get Audacity its free I think.

CID DIGITAL
01-26-2007, 10:08 AM
Thanx GOD. You came thru when nobody else did, I appriciate that shit.

The Ghost
01-26-2007, 10:24 AM
If you want to chop externally you can get Audacity its free I think.
Audacity is free I use it to chop but I always chop just a lil bit more in the machine.

CID DIGITAL
02-17-2007, 01:35 AM
A , I got a new one that I made today. It's called "the jokes on you".

The Ghost
02-17-2007, 02:03 AM
A , I got a new one that I made today. It's called "the jokes on you".

Kinda cool little too experimental on the drums though.. I think you could have filtered the piano a bit. Keep making beats.

CID DIGITAL
02-17-2007, 02:32 AM
Thanks. I'm trying to get as experimental as possible. That lets me know I'm in the right direction. Peace Ghost.

Lil' Ruger
02-17-2007, 01:33 PM
your shits tight infinity....its cool to look at your shit cuz we both started making beats at the same time....but i have a question for game of death or if you know can you tell me....

when you get that sample in how can you make it go slower? like just the sample? so it sounds in slo mo

GameOfDeath
02-17-2007, 05:12 PM
when you get that sample in how can you make it go slower? like just the sample? so it sounds in slo mo

WaveTraveller has a speed knob. On a sampler channel, timestretch.

CID DIGITAL
02-17-2007, 06:09 PM
Whatup GameOfDeath? I dont think that Reign uses the wave traveler cuz if he did then he would know right off the bat about the speed. No offense Reign but when you open up the wave traveler , you have the turn the pitch right off the bat to even start fuckin with the sample.

Also , thanks for the listen Reign. I like that track that you got "8th monk(sp?)". You are starting to really develop this ill vibe. I like seein how this is all gonna turn out as well.

Peace to all.

Visionz
02-17-2007, 08:22 PM
You got some good things goin on with these tracks. It'll be cool to see the progression of where you take things. I personally use Recycle to chop up samples. Personally, I'm never lookin to jack a riff altogether, just the sound itself. I try to take things to where people could never tell the actuall source of the music. keep doin you though, you got good ideas here, just keep diggin for those sounds.