PDA

View Full Version : Working Out Basic Supplement Info

zeppelin2k
01-18-2007, 07:06 PM
I said I would make this thread so I thought I would make a quick version while listening to some Muddy Waters

Now before I start, if you are working out, nutrition is more important than supps if your nutrition isnt up to par. This is because if you dont have your eating suited to your goals, then its going to be harder to achieve your goals. Get you eating straight first, and of course some supplements are a part of nutrition, but I am just trying to say that if you dont eat enough, dont expect creatine to make you bigger, that type of things. On the same note, dont expect to get defined if you're eating like crap and stuffing your face with trans fats either.

I am gonna just start this out for now, and if anyone sees anything wrong that I have written or contradicitng info, please add your comments, and if there are any questions anyone has if I can answer them I will. If anyone else has answers go ahead and give them, I am not saying I know everything about this shit, but most people don't know shit about it.

Also if anyone needs recommendations about products then PM me bc I am not gonna give free ads to any companies, this is purely just for spreading knowledge.

Also I will try and organize this somewhat, so here it goes (I will do 1-2 items a day with the edit feature, so check back for more info) :

People have been wanting to know what products are good so I thought I would add in stuff that I have used that is good, but by all means buy what you want as long as you do the research

Protein Powders:
Now for all the noobs to supplementation and nutrition, you probably think that protein powder is akin to steroids (hopefully you dont think this but some people do, trust me I have met them). Protein isn't some miracle pharmacutical drug that helps you get big or anything, it's just protein; same thing as the meat and milk you drink. This is probably the most basic supplement you can get and is the foundation of supps. There are different types, casein is made of micellar casein and is slow absorbing so its good for before bed so that you are digesting while you sleep, and whey is faster for being absorbed, so its good for the day. Avoid soya protein and soya in general, this is because soya is shown to increase estrogen and decrease testosterone, and that is really really really bad, especially if you like your balls. If you are working out, chances are you need protein, about 1 to 1.5 grams per pound of bodyweight a day. So 150 pounder needs 150-225 grams a day.

Serving: Whey during the day (fast absorbing), casein (slow absorbing) before you sleep. Take about 25-30 grams a serving. Dont ONLY take protein shakes for life, you need carbs and fats too, its just the shakes help you reach the goal of 1.5 grams per pound of bodyweight if you cant reach it with the food you are eating. You should be eating 6 meals a day (not including the post-workout shake you should have which should be 65% carbs and 35% protein as a starter and tweaked depending on your needs).

Avoid: Dont buy the premixed shakes, thats such a waste of money, just buy bulk 5 pounders or 10 pounders (some caseins are only 2 pounders so dont worry if you ant find bigger) and mix yourself, with milk or water or whatever tastes good and is healthy. Stick to the pure whey stuff, dont buy shit that claims ridiculous things, just get plain old pure whey and pure casein.

Products: Optimum Nutrition really cheap and the best for the price, EAS more expensive but good as well, both have added aminos

BCAA
Not many people know what this is, BCAA are found in your muscle, and if you want to increase energy and help yourself build muscle mass, these are very helpful. They are pretty expensive though, but I have found some for decent prices, but they really help you energy-wise and help continue protein synthesis between meals which helps build muscle.

Serving: If you wake up in the night, have some bcaa to continue protein synthesis, as for during the day, in between meals try to aim for .75 grams for each 25 pounds of body weight to begin with, after that up it to 1.5 grams per 25 pounds of bodyweight after a few weeks or if you have enough $, keep bumping it up once you think you need a boost to break a plateau. They are very beneficial in post-workout shakes as well.

Avoid: There are so many types of amino acids you can buy, try and stick to bcaa's only bc that will help in costs.

Products: Xtreme Formulations ICE, Biotest BCAA caps, Xtend BCAA

Creatine
First of all it's time to clear up some controversy, CREATINE IS 100% SAFE. Whoever says creatine is a steroid or is bad for you is a dumb fuck who doesnt know there asshole from their mouth. So many people are misinformed about creatine and there is so much dumb shit people will say about it that isnt true. On top of it all the media and FDA doesnt help. It seems that if something is safe, healthy, and can help you with not only gaining muscle and strength but also help your brain, then the government doesnt want you having it and the FDA doesnt want you having it and the media has to misrepresent it. So next time some dumbass says creatine is a steroid or can kill you, punch them in the face.

Moving on, creatine has not shown any negative results on normal healthy people ever, also it is the most studied supplement ever. Creatine is completely safe and if it works for you (there are always non-responders to all supps) then it can help you out alot. BTW you probably ate some creatine today if you ate some meat, its found in meat products naturally (not as much as if you supped of course). It increases water retention in muscle, and ATP. With the increase of water, it can move nutrients to your muscles faster and more effectively and transfer unwanted stuff out faster as well. It can help you lift bigger weights and push yourself further which aids in strength and muscle, also since you retain water in your muscles it technically makes you bigger whikle you are on it. Also you brain runs on creatine so they say it makes you smarter as well.

Serving: There is a myth created by the supp companies that you have to load. They say take 20 grams a day for a week, but thats bullshit, if you take 20 grams a day you will piss out 17 grams of it. The "loading" should only be 5 grams a day everyday for two weeks. Then after those two weeks only take it post workout (5 grams). Post workout, you should take it with a shake high in carbs, and when loading since you wont be working out everyday, take it at same time as your usual after workout shake, but in gatorade or grape juice. Dont use anything but pure micronized creatine, and dont let it sit in water otherwise it turns into creatanine which is useless, just put in glass and chug it when its mixed into the drink. No cycling required either, thats another myth, its not a hormone. If you feel better cycling then stop every 4 months for 4 weeks, but thats useless bc then you have to load again, creatine doesnt need cycling so relax.

Avoid: Now creatine is the thing that you will have to watch out for fake shit. Only buy pure micronized creatine monhydrate, and only from germanany, usa, or canada not that china bullshit. Dont buy the premixed shit or delivery formulas, bc those just rip you off, you get 10% creatine and pay extra for something that is 90% sugar. Also avoid the purple k capsules, they have a lot of claims behind them with no actual studies (I can go into this further if anyone is interested, about how this shit probably doesnt do anything at all).

Products: Prolab Creatine, Biotest Creatine (cheapest and highest quality)

ZMA
Zinc-Magnesium-Aspartate. Basically, when you workout your zinc and mag levels go lower, so this is considered an essential supplement by many. It helps to keep your zinc and mag levels high which in turn helps produce more testosterone and also ZMA helps you sleep better. Its also very cheap from the right supplier, a years worth is about 100$ tops, some people say dont cycle it bc its just a mineral but taking it mon-fri is good, that way your body doesnt get used to it completely. Also avoid taking with calcium.

Serving: 3 capsules 45 minutes before bed. Take it 90 minutes after any calcium, and if you drink a shake before bed, take the shake 45 minutes after the ZMA so it absorbs. Drink about 500 ml of water with the ZMA to help absorbtion.

Avoid: Expensive-ass ZMA, it shouldnt cost that much, and try to buy the 90 capsule bottles which you only have to take 3 of if your a guy and 2 for females, the rest are gimmicky.

Products: Biotest ZMA (cheapest and best quality)

Greens Products
These products are basically used to supplement the vegatables that you should be eating everyday. The good ones usually give you about 2-3 servings of vegatables in them. They contain many of the vitamins and minerals you need in a day

Serving: It will tell you on the bottle, but usually if you are working out you should take a serving mid morning then again mid evening.

Avoid: Uusally these products are good since most of them are manufactured by companies who see the need for healthier nutrition, also the cost of these are sometimes a lot, but I think they generally are for most of then. Just try and avoid the ones that have grass fillers and fillers in general. If you want to know which ones are pretty good just PM me or ask in the thread.

Products: Berry Green (avoid Greens+ if you can find this bc of the soya)

Fish Oils (Omega 3)
Now these are definately very important and and fish oil should be included in all diets. These days people dont get the recommended 3-4 servings of fish a week and that means most people are defecient in the omega 3's DHA and EPA. Now some people get flax seed oil to get their omegas, but this is nowhere near as good as fish oil. Flax is said to give ALA which in turn can become DHA and EPA, you would think its better to get this, but the thing is the body barely turn the flax ALA into DHA or EPA. So thats why its better to get fish oil which is only DHA and EPA. Also if you are a guy you need more DHA than EPA, bc guys have more test so look for brands with more DHA. The benefits of fish oils are numerous, mainly they help reduce inflammation which can help with tendonitis, and it helps the heart and brain. Fish oil also helps regulate fats which means that fat loss is another side effect of taking fish oil. Even if you dont workout take fish oil.

Serving: Its cheaper to get it in liquid form but it takes more time to pour it into a 5ml spoon and take it raw, also doesnt taste great having fish in the morning. So most people take caps, or now you can get flavoured fish oil. If you take the oil alone, split the dosing to 3 times a day. The caps, just take 3-4 a day after your meals.

Avoid: Overly expensive fish oils, or fish oils that focus on EPA if you are a guy. DHA is harder to get than EPA from fish so most companies only have half the DHA as EPA in their products. As long as there is a minimum of 200 mg of DHA that you get a serving, its good, but try to aim for a fish oil that has about 500 mg of DHA a serving, especially since most people are defecient.

Products: Biotest Flameout is the best one with highest servings of both especially DHA but pricey

Hydrochloric Acid (HCL)

This is basically an aid in digestion, most people are deficient. If you dont have enough it means you are not absorbing all the stuff put into your stomach as effectively as if you had enough, and everyone using supps wants to make sure that the supps are at least being absorbed into their system. Also this goes for regular food, you may not be getting as many nutrients as you could be.

Serving: This one is more complex: eat a full meal (i.e. a steak and veggies) then halway through it pop a 100-250 mg pill of HCL. Then keep eating. Now, do this ony once a day at first, upping the amount you take by 1 pill everyday (so on day 3 you should be popping 3 pills in the middle of your meal). Then when you get to the point that you feel ur stomach burning you know your threshold (so if make it to day 6 and it burns, that means you need 5 pills a meal since 6 is too much). Then when you figure out how much you need a meal, start popping that much in every meal. Eventually your stomach will catch up naturally so you will need to drop the dosage if you feel your stomach burning. Then you wont need them anymore, just for maintenance every month and a half.

Avoid: Ones that have above 250 mg a pill of HCL, and make sure it has pepsin, so avoid the ones without pepsin.

Recommendations: HCL Betaine

Battle 1
01-18-2007, 09:49 PM
Your forgetting the main ingredient for those that want to be hardcore bodybuilders on the same level as the proffesional bodybuliders. ANABOLIC STEROIDS!!

AHHHH, DIANABOL Breakfast of champions, just ask Arnold Swartznegger he knows. Who wouldn't have looked anywhere the way he did when when winning Mr. Olympia six times, yes six times. Ronnie Coleman is the only Pro BB ever to beat his record. As you can imagine Arnold was quite dissapointed.

By the way just playing in reality I don't even recommend dianabol nowadays even anyways. I can almost assure you that Ronnie Coleman does not use and has maybe never used dianabol if barely or any oral steroids at all even. It is liver toxic as is every well-working oral anabolic steroid used for bulking available on the market today. (There are mild ones though they are used mainly for cutting and not bulking). Unfortunetly the safest way to do anabolic steroids is to shoot in order to avoid long-term health risks. Yes, that means shots. I am afraid of needles though. LOl. Sike. Maybe in the future I will pursue my dreams because do you have any kind of idea how much one has to eat to maintain all the extra body weight, etc. Quite expensive.

P.S.S: No known product on the market is even half as powerful or as good as anabolic steroids. Unfortunetly steroids is risky for your health. It won't kill you but there is always some sorta side-effects. Especially when doing cycles.

Of course the more you know and understand about anabolic steroids the better you can avoid, prevent, and make less all if any side-effects.

:nerdy:

TAURO
01-18-2007, 11:49 PM
Zeppelin, which makes of creatine do you recommend?

post pic if you can.

zeppelin2k
01-19-2007, 04:16 PM
Battle 1, this thread doesn't have to do with steroids, of course steroids can make you big, but without a whole shitload of other stuff that you have to take along with it, you will grow breasts, have no balls, and have the natural testosterone of a 10 year old girl.

This thread is about being healthy and working out is part of being healthy for a lot of people and you dont need steroids to workout.

As for Vic-Taurius's questions about creatine, I find that Biotest makes the best supplement shit out there, so go to www.t-nation.com click store, and get Biotest Creatine, its cheap (13 bux) and 2 bottles should last you about 200 servings, so about a year and some. But thats not the only kind you can try I heard Prolab is good, they make 1000 gram creatine monhydrate tubs you can get just about anywhere.

Battle 1
01-19-2007, 07:48 PM
Battle 1, this thread doesn't have to do with steroids, of course steroids can make you big, but without a whole shitload of other stuff that you have to take along with it, you will grow breasts, have no balls, and have the natural testosterone of a 10 year old girl.

Thanks for maintaining your cool and not exploding on me saying that I am ruining your thread. Maybe as I thought you really do like and admire the sport of bodybuilding as much as I do.

Plus, your very wise as well considering you already knew most of the side-effects of using anabolic steroids. You forgot acne, plus increased cholesterol problems concerning HDL and LDL or something like that. But everything else is right on. Your right though about ball shrinkage, plus natural testosterone decreasion dramatically depending on dosage and how long used. That's why cycles have to be done. After your cycle usually the testicles return back to normal as does normal testosterone production. The key is too jump start your natural testosterone production as fast as possible after you stop your cycle so that you keep as much of the gains as posssible that you made from having done your cycle. There is also natural testosterone boosters that can help with this. Plus, increased breasts is only dependant as is loss of hair. If it runs in your family or if you are more prone for these things than anabolic steroids will increase those chances. But for the increased breasts problem should it occur in some individuals than there is always clomid and novadex to control and eliminate the problem.

The key when doing anabolic steroids is getting blood work done so you know what is going on inside your body. Everything possible that can be checked with blood work should be controlled or checked. One example would be increased or High blood pressure which is also a known problem or side-effect that may also occur due to steroids as well. The heart which is a muscle also grows plus is forced to pump much more blood through the body than normal. Veins and arteries may also be increased or enlargened therfore. Yeah, I have to admit doing steroids is kind of freaky ! I often have my doubts and may never use them to tell you the truth.

:looking:

P.S:

What do you think of natural testosterone boosters by the way ????

They are natural products without very harmful side-effects that I am talking about here. How effective do you think they are ?? And which ones do you find best ??

:)

Civilison
01-19-2007, 08:41 PM
yeah... good breakdown.

the start of this discussion seems one sided at the moment.

nutrition stems from, gives birth to and relates to so many other sciences, even religion and philosophy.

yeah, working out is a popular trend these and the protein shake industry is making money but the truth is half if not more of the products are crap.

first and foremost the body needs to be in a physical and mental state to endure and build. a spiritualist state of mind also energizes but also gives a different twist to fitness and nutrition science.

the basics is really the basics, it all starts the moment you have a life realization that "you want to get bigger, fitter, healthier" etc.

the reason nutrition is so fun is because it reveals to the student the direction to other things that are used to substantiate the health and fitness science.

this thread might spin off in a good direction. peace to the author, them gta sidewalks always stay gritty. luv

zeppelin2k
01-19-2007, 11:20 PM
yeah I am just making this up for those people who are working out and thinking about supps and dont know where to start. This is just a basic information thing I am making so that I can clear up a few of people's questions about what to start with.

As for the steroids thing, of course to be at a professional level of bodybuilding and having a chance to win, you need roids, and the amount that the shit costs to do safely is ridiculous. I ahve heard that roids are safe for the people who are healthy and cycle everything correctly and I believe that is true, but not for everyone, but I am never taking that. For me I think weightlifitng is a very individual thing, setting goals and working your ass off to achieve them. I forgot to add, if you want to be big and you are starting out stick to deadlifts, squats, bench press, and lateral pull ups, and lift heavy no more then 6 reps per. There are millions of training methods and I wont get into those now but those 4 lifts are the essential building blocks of getting bigger, of course there are tons more but those are what you need in any program.

Anyways about the natural TESTE boosters that dont have the side effects, I will write up about them soon and put them up in the original 1st post. Tribulus is probably what you are talking about battle 1, and the shit works, but its pretty costly. I am a student so I try and stick to the main stuff and if you are young your teste levels are pretty high now anyways, when you hit 30 thats when you probably need to supp for it. Also when you do squats and are young and healthy your body makes more teste. I will also add some stuff on stimulants like ephedrine and on fat burners later.

tajeco
01-20-2007, 11:06 AM
Thank you for the info Mr. Wizard :)
Well I was a vegan for 4 years, so I really couldn't gain weight, I was at about 160. January 2006 I starting eating dairy again (pastas, pizza, donuts, still vegetarian stuff), and taking 'Tech-X Mass' by Bodytech from Vitamin Shoppe, and by May I was up to 195. Didn't lift much weights or anything, just push-ups every 2 days. I heard it's best to excercise certain parts of the body every 2 days or so, to work on the chest everyday is limiting the growth

Civilison
01-20-2007, 02:50 PM
yeah man... i traveled thru the 160 to 190 pound before myself.

it all depends on how you're build. everybody has got their own structure and physiologic tendencies.

the general idea is that we have a certain type of energy of metabolism and physiology or whatever you want to call in us. that specific vibe is open to change and modification but it will generally stick to the one formula of your basic biologic make up.

basic things in food when you want your body to grow is high quality carbs, proteins and essential fatty acids. the supplements come after this.

the body must get used to the general physiologic dynamic of working out. once it's in that mode it can more easily complete its tasks of recuperation and growth process.

just adding on,

peace

Prolifical ENG
01-20-2007, 04:42 PM
Nice thread Zeppelin.

basic things in food when you want your body to grow is high quality carbs, proteins and essential fatty acids. the supplements come after this.

This is the most critical sentence in this thread. Some people get too caught up in doing the exact math of their intakes of certain things and suppliments are the easiest to count. However as said above "suppliments come after this". The protiens, etc. in the real food is much more efficient than the suppliments in how it helps growth. However the suppliments are quick for the exact time they are needed. So the suppliments are still essential when you are serious because you can't get everything you need in food products these days.

I guess a little something I can add to this thread is about vitamin C. The most recent journal study I've read shows the study of taking different amounts of vitamin C. Over 500mg taken daily results in the body boosting the immune system but decreases the rate in which the body repairs tissues. So 300-500mg is all you really need.....for a while taking more than you need wasn't a big deal.

Battle 1
01-20-2007, 06:45 PM
yeah I am just making this up for those people who are working out and thinking about supps and dont know where to start. This is just a basic information thing I am making so that I can clear up a few of people's questions about what to start with.

As for the steroids thing, of course to be at a professional level of bodybuilding and having a chance to win, you need roids, and the amount that the shit costs to do safely is ridiculous. I ahve heard that roids are safe for the people who are healthy and cycle everything correctly and I believe that is true, but not for everyone, but I am never taking that. For me I think weightlifitng is a very individual thing, setting goals and working your ass off to achieve them. I forgot to add, if you want to be big and you are starting out stick to deadlifts, squats, bench press, and lateral pull ups, and lift heavy no more then 6 reps per. There are millions of training methods and I wont get into those now but those 4 lifts are the essential building blocks of getting bigger, of course there are tons more but those are what you need in any program.

Anyways about the natural TESTE boosters that dont have the side effects, I will write up about them soon and put them up in the original 1st post. Tribulus is probably what you are talking about battle 1, and the shit works, but its pretty costly. I am a student so I try and stick to the main stuff and if you are young your teste levels are pretty high now anyways, when you hit 30 thats when you probably need to supp for it. Also when you do squats and are young and healthy your body makes more teste. I will also add some stuff on stimulants like ephedrine and on fat burners later.

Excellent accurate info there.

^O^

Very important what you said about age or starting out. If you are under 18 and some people say even under 21 or basically still growing, you should not do anything that is gonna mess with your natural body chemistry. It is best to get the maximum amount you can out of your own natural physical make-up first. And I have heard that doing to many squats or leg work can even stunt your growth if done at an too early age or still growing (I don't know if that is just a myth or not, but I heard it before more than once even).

Plus, the whole reason of bodybuilding is to get bigger, stronger, and grow anyhow, so if the body is already doing this naturally then there is no need for any out-side help that may even obstruct or interfere with this natural process. Thus, absolutely NO steroids or anything that messes with your hormones or natural testosterone production.

The same goes for legal stuff or products on the market. Make sure you read or find out if you can take it under 18 or 21 if you are younger than that.

Civilison
01-20-2007, 07:01 PM
strait up prolific

vitamins c plus all the other anti-oxidants, vitamins a and e and various phytochemicals we get from raw fruits, veggies, lugumes etc.

another thing that gets overlooked is electrolytes. potassium, calcium and magnesium, all three absolutely essential minerals that are all needed for smooth muscle contraction, bone growth and many other essential functions.

on top of this water is necessary to keep the system free-flowing.

zeppelin2k
01-21-2007, 11:59 AM
Just posted some quick stuff on fish oils and greens products which are definately important in nutrition regardless of what you are doing. After reading Palehorse's thread on gold dust I might add that in too lol.

gonna edit my other shit with products this time

just lots of people probably want product names, but I think people should still try out new shit that is said to be good and pure and post their experiences with it to spread the knowledge

zeppelin2k
01-31-2007, 06:34 PM
added some stuff about Hydrochloric Acid up top with everything else

Civilison
01-31-2007, 11:01 PM
nice info with the fats zeppelin

the fish oils have the dha and epa in a more bio-available state and on their own they have distinctive properties but a good flax seed supplement can never be underestimated. a healthy body should not have a big problem converting omegas to dha and eps's. people with fish sensitivities and allergies will benefit from a non-animal source of good omega-3 and 6 fats.

HCL:

the basic digestive acid in the stomach. it gets overproduced if overstimulated by improper food, beverages and drugs. although in bigger amounts it is deadly as in the case of ulcers taken as a digestive supplemental it can help lots. digestive enzymes like bromelain (from pineapples) will work in a similar manner by breaking down food (should be taken with food).

zeppelin2k
02-01-2007, 06:50 PM
nice info with the fats zeppelin

the fish oils have the dha and epa in a more bio-available state and on their own they have distinctive properties but a good flax seed supplement can never be underestimated. a healthy body should not have a big problem converting omegas to dha and eps's. people with fish sensitivities and allergies will benefit from a non-animal source of good omega-3 and 6 fats.

HCL:

the basic digestive acid in the stomach. it gets overproduced if overstimulated by improper food, beverages and drugs. although in bigger amounts it is deadly as in the case of ulcers taken as a digestive supplemental it can help lots. digestive enzymes like bromelain (from pineapples) will work in a similar manner by breaking down food (should be taken with food).

flax is good, but studies shows that it doesnt break down into epa and dha nearly as much as a fish oil supp

as for HCL, you should consult a doctor first if you think you cant handle it, but the method I described is a good gauge to see how much you need, always discontinue if you feel pain

one

brown_dogg
04-02-2007, 09:54 PM
Yea this is a good thread. I'm taking that fish oil stuff now. I'm not too insane about having a set diet, cuz I know my training's working for me already. My flab is turning into ab. I haveta look into those protein supplements though. I went to a nutrition seminar and the guy (he did work for movies like Resident Evil and stuff) mentioned the same thing.

He said to stay away from Soy products too hahah.

zeppelin2k
04-02-2007, 10:05 PM
too much soy, and by too much I mean even a little, has shown to reduce testosterone

a guy wrote a whole article on soy being one of the reasons that people becoming bisexual and gay is increasing, due to it effecting hormone levels

also, if you are brown, you should probably stay away from all non-complex carbs, and most of your carbs should be within 1-2 hours after working out

brown_dogg
04-02-2007, 10:10 PM
Ok what would be a complex carb?

And

Why does it have something to do with skin colour?

zeppelin2k
04-02-2007, 10:10 PM
also, brown, you have been asking about post-workout nutrition

here is the best non-steroid thing, and if you take 2 servings correctly it is even better at making you recover than steroids:

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459244

take your creatine with that

and I have used it, and it works, I just ran out, and I took some whey with milk, its nowhere near the same, I feel a lot more sore than when I take surge, I am so pissed too bc I am broke so I cant even order more

also, the ingredients are basic, so you could essentially make your own, but it wont taste as good, nor will it be as cheap

if you're in toronto and you ever want to order direct from states and split shipping, hit me up PM in the summer and we can do that up, right now I am broke though

university+unemployed= debt

lol

zeppelin2k
04-02-2007, 10:12 PM
Ok what would be a complex carb?

And

Why does it have something to do with skin colour?

well I dont know about you, but most brown ppl, unless they watch what carbs they take, will end up gaining fat with too many carbs, of course there are exceptions, and I know some brown guys who have insane metabolisms

do a search and read up on high GI carbs and low GI carbs, and dont eat processed carbs

try and get all your carbs from whole wheat stuff, grains, flax meal, and fruits and veggies

brown_dogg
04-05-2007, 12:01 AM
Ahh ok thanks man.

I don't think I'm crazy enough about my workout to order that stuff in that link, but I'll take your advice.

I gotta sit down and come up with some meal plan soontimes.

zeppelin2k
04-05-2007, 02:34 PM
Ahh ok thanks man.

I don't think I'm crazy enough about my workout to order that stuff in that link, but I'll take your advice.

I gotta sit down and come up with some meal plan soontimes.

well if you want to see results and keep them, you have to maintain working out, and keep yourself progressing, otherwise honestly, dont bother. you would be better just playing ball or sports and eating right in that case, if you just wanna be slim and pretty lean

cap
04-05-2007, 03:13 PM
ok,i didnt read all that but i do have questions for you since i recently joined a gym.

my goal is not to get buffed or nothing just lose some weight,flatten my stomach,make my arms a lil' bigger...

but i havent really changed my eating lifestyle..

what type of food should i avoid?

and can i see results without supplements and stuff cus im not big on that type of shit.

zeppelin2k
04-05-2007, 06:26 PM
yeah man you dont need supplements, but why would you be against all supps? protein powder is really useful and so is omega 3

I wont write up a whole thing for you here, basically, if you dont workout and want your arms bigger, you can do it, but you NEED to workout and when you stop they will get smaller again.

unless you are a beginner, then losing weight= losing muscle and fat and gaining= gaining muscle and fat. if you start out though, you will find that in first 12 weeks you will see muscle building and fat loss, unless you are eating massively. if you want to get lean, eat lean. find out your caloric maintenance needs, and cut those by 250, and if you aint losing 1 pound every week or two, cut another 250 cals. also eat 6 times a day, try to eat pro+carb and pro+fat meals. carbs in morning, fats at night.

dont eat garbage, and get 1gram of protein per pound of bodyweight. try High Intensity Interval Training to lose fat faster. as for your arms, you will need to workout. thats the very simple and quick answer lol, but you can use google and get a better picture with that info.

V4D3R
04-05-2007, 06:45 PM
Good thread - re-motivating the Vader.

Time to get back to 220.

By the way - creatine - it also feeds your brain.

cap
04-06-2007, 08:43 AM
yeah i hear what your saying man

but my main goal is just to lose weight and firm my stomach up.
so i wont necessarily have to eat more right??

zeppelin2k
04-06-2007, 02:07 PM
Good thread - re-motivating the Vader.

Time to get back to 220.

By the way - creatine - it also feeds your brain.

yup, I put that in the first post of the thread lol (at least I remember doing it)

zeppelin2k
04-06-2007, 02:09 PM
yeah i hear what your saying man

but my main goal is just to lose weight and firm my stomach up.
so i wont necessarily have to eat more right??

leaning up= cutting calories= eating less

BUT

eat more frequently

ie) if you need 2400 cals a day to lose weight, then:
2400/6=400 calories

so spread out 6 400 cal meals throughout the day evenly, or you can do 5 meals if 6 is too much
so: 2400/5

and start by finding out how much you are eating now, if you are at a level weight throughout the months

just gonna have to count calories basically, then cut 250-500 cals from that, and start eating that many cals (also cut out shitty food this will help alot)

if you want to be lean, you are going to have to face the facts, that you will need to time your eating, eat healthy, and eat frequently, otherwise if your bad habits pop up again after you're lean, then you will be back at fatassville