PDA

View Full Version : SEGA comes with a promosing looking PSP title

Jet Set
01-23-2007, 05:45 PM
XfqrS-1kdEo

Now this something i've been looking for from SEGA ever since 2002.

Quite unique such a switch between 2d/3d and it looks pretty cool.

:picture: Watch this one. It's a keeper

Jet Set
01-23-2007, 05:46 PM
Press
SEGA Announces 'Crush', A Mind-Bending New Puzzle Game Exclusively For The PSP® System
Think Swiftly, Think Unconventionally, Think Crush.
SAN FRANCISCO & LONDON (January 23, 2007) - SEGA® of America, Inc. and SEGA® Europe, Ltd. today announced that Crush™, an inventive new puzzle game for the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, is currently in development and scheduled for release in Summer 2007. Developed by U.K. based Kuju Brighton, Crush is an exciting new concept which challenges how players traditionally approach games with its intriguing new style of thought-provoking gameplay.
Unique to its genre, Crush introduces a valuable new gaming experience that is wholly suited to the PSP system. Set within a complex, hypnotic 3D world, players will use the game's unique crush mechanic to "crush" the environment and transform it into a more simplified 2D platformer. Once flattened, players will utilize the 2D space to move to new areas to solve otherwise impossible challenges, and unlock secret items that were previously unobtainable in the 3D environment. Players will then "uncrush" the 2D environment and return to the 3D world.
"Crush introduces a fascinating new gameplay perspective on the PSP that encourages players to stretch their imagination in a whole new way," said Scott A. Steinberg, Vice President of Marketing, SEGA® of America, Inc. "The spatial concept of the crushing mechanic is something truly unique that encourages users to think back and forth between 3D and 2D objects and environments to engage different parts of their brain, and see beyond what is literally in front them."
Designed for a wide and varied audience, Crush tells the story of Dan, a man with a lifetime of unresolved issues and bottled up emotions that has turned him into a nervous insomniac who is too tired to turn his life around. Desperate for a cure, he turns to hypnosis. It is during this state that he is given one last chance to sort through the wreckage of his past, before he loses the last thing he has - his sanity.
Crush is scheduled for release in Summer 2007. For assets, screenshots, and a video of the crush mechanic, please visit http://segapr.segaamerica.com. For more information, please visit www.sega.com/crush.
About SEGA® of America, Inc.
SEGA® of America, Inc. is the American Publishing arm of Tokyo, Japan-based SEGA® Corporation, a worldwide leader in interactive entertainment both inside and outside the home. The company develops, publishes and distributes interactive entertainment software products for a variety of hardware platforms including PC, wireless devices, and those manufactured by Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. The SEGA® of America Web Site is located at www.SEGA.com.
About SEGA® Europe Ltd.
SEGA® Europe Ltd. is the European Publishing arm of Tokyo, Japan-based SEGA® Corporation, and a worldwide leader in interactive entertainment both inside and outside the home. The company develops, publishes and distributes interactive entertainment software products for a variety of hardware platforms including PC, wireless devices, and those manufactured by Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. The SEGA® Europe Ltd. Web site is located at www.sega-europe.com.

Lil' Ruger
01-23-2007, 06:37 PM
game will definitly be copped after i get GTA liberty city stories shit looks tight....up some pics'n shit.

36chambers
01-23-2007, 06:58 PM
A very strange looking game.

What I am looking forward to from Sega and PSP, is the Sega Mega Drive Classic's UMD, which will have 30 old school classics from the Mega Drive era. The games are;

Alex Kidd - The Enchanted Castle
Altered Beast
Bonanza Brothers
Columns
Comix Zone
Decap Attack starring Chuck D.Head
Ecco the Dolphin
Ecco: The Tides of Time
Ecco Jr.
Kid Chameleon
Flicky
Gain Ground
Golden Axe I
Golden Axe II
Golden Axe III
Phantasy Star II
Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom
Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millenium
Ristar
Shinobi III
Sonic the Hedgehog 1
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Super Thunder Blade
Sword of Vermilion
Vectorman 1
Vectorman 2
Virtua Fighter 2
Games unique to the PSP collection - Unlockables
Astro Blaster
Tip Top
Eliminator
Space Fury
Super Zaxxon
Looking good. Haven't played any of them games for years.

Lil' Ruger
01-23-2007, 07:06 PM
i remember ecco that shit used to be sick on sega genises....

what about sega saturn??? i remember a cool fightin game on that console i dont remember what tho....it had these like two twins that overlapped eachother i know that...

TAURO
01-23-2007, 08:47 PM

What I am looking forward to from Sega and PSP, is the Sega Mega Drive Classic's UMD, which will have 30 old school classics from the Mega Drive era. The games are;

Altered Beast
Bonanza Brothers
Columns
Comix Zone
Ecco the Dolphin
Ecco Jr.
Kid Chameleon
Flicky
Gain Ground
Golden Axe I
Golden Axe II
Golden Axe III
Phantasy Star II
Ristar
Shinobi III
Sonic the Hedgehog 1
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Super Thunder Blade
Sword of Vermilion
Vectorman 1
Vectorman 2
Virtua Fighter 2
Astro Blaster
Tip Top
Eliminator
Space Fury
Super Zaxxon
Looking good. Haven't played any of them games for years.

And yet no streets of rage............c'mon sega, give it to us!!

hectis
01-23-2007, 09:25 PM

CO-SIGN I BEEN WAITING FOR A NEW STREETS OF RAGE SINCE PART 3

INF
01-23-2007, 09:32 PM
Thats cool how You always rep Sega Jet Set.

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
01-23-2007, 09:34 PM
Damn that looks cool...

Bloo
01-23-2007, 11:46 PM
Hopefully it'll play good too. Sony needs more hits on the PSP otherwise it's gonna be a sunk ship.

As for that compliation. That's gonna be a grabber right there :)

InvincibleArmor79
01-24-2007, 04:51 AM

anybody ever play Earthworm Jim?? i used to stay up 4 days playin that shit.. for sega..

Bloo
01-24-2007, 05:14 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/ca/Earthworm-psp.jpg

Early screenshot of the Earthworm Jim remake for the PSP.

Jet Set
01-24-2007, 06:38 AM

Altered Beast
Bonanza Brothers
Columns
Comix Zone
Ecco the Dolphin
Ecco Jr.
Kid Chameleon
Flicky
Gain Ground
Golden Axe I
Golden Axe II
Golden Axe III
Phantasy Star II
Ristar
Shinobi III
Sonic the Hedgehog 1
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Super Thunder Blade
Sword of Vermilion
Vectorman 1
Vectorman 2
Virtua Fighter 2
Astro Blaster
Tip Top
Eliminator
Space Fury
Super ZaxxonLooking good. Haven't played any of them games for years.
That's all in good fun. But they have been releasing these classic games for 7 years now. The had a classic collection on the Dreamcast. Bakc then they started many new games, eg Jet Set Radio, Chu Chu Rocket, Space Channel 5. The need to do that again. Because I don't know even anyone has seen that video of Sonic on the PS3 with the load times being bigger than the mini game itself. It's insane how bad it is. But alot of the stuff they have been doing to get back to the top of publishing is back firing on them as bad game sequels. And the market is flooded withs sequels and remakes.

Thats cool how You always rep Sega Jet Set.
What can I say, the Dreamcast still has me hooked, haha.

Frontal Lobotomy
01-24-2007, 12:18 PM
^^ Word

Sega need to port the likes of Virtual On, Panzer Dragoon and Shenmue to PSP also. That's if they aren't already.

Jet Set
01-24-2007, 01:31 PM
Virtual On: Ontario Tangram was almost impossible to play without the Twinsticks. The difficulty setting was quite high. And it looked al too gorgeous with the flashy DC AM2 colours.

TAURO
01-24-2007, 02:01 PM
^^ Word

Sega need to port the likes of Virtual On, Panzer Dragoon and Shenmue to PSP also. That's if they aren't already.

Virtual On: Ontario Tangram was almost impossible to play without the Twinsticks. The difficulty setting was quite high. And it looked al too gorgeous with the flashy DC AM2 colours.

why Virtua On was never released on the ps1/2 when the control pads with the twin sticks being perfect for the game, sega needs to wake up and realise they have some great games in their vaults that are dying to be rereleased/remade, c'mon sega pull your finger out!!

Jet Set
01-24-2007, 02:27 PM
Sega's game aren't exactly mainstream. In that the don't games don't generate the revenue neede to survive and make profit. But the games did garner critical acclaim.

It's a real shame. But some of this has to do with bad marketing. How many people exactly know of the Dreamcast games and Saturn games.

The release of a lot of the games, Gun Vaklyrie, Shenmue IIX, Jet Set Radio Future, Panzer Dragoon Saga,
on the Xbox didn't exactly turn into the public feast.

They need to find a more balaced way or remaking/continuing games and creating new IP's. Sonic Team needs their game back.

Frontal Lobotomy
01-24-2007, 02:54 PM
Maybe such titles would be more prudent for the Wii to get involved with. Perhaps even as downloadable content

InvincibleArmor79
01-26-2007, 05:16 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/ca/Earthworm-psp.jpg

Early screenshot of the Earthworm Jim remake for the PSP.

good shit.. might have to cop this jus to get back to the roots

Bloo
01-26-2007, 05:27 AM
why Virtua On was never released on the ps1/2 when the control pads with the twin sticks being perfect for the game, sega needs to wake up and realise they have some great games in their vaults that are dying to be rereleased/remade, c'mon sega pull your finger out!!

There's rumor around the campfire that SEGA is developing a sequel to NiGHTS Into Dreams for the Wii...

Jet Set
01-26-2007, 06:59 AM
Yup, but it's hard rumour going around for year now that a sequel would come.

Not a rumour is the After Burner coming to the PSP.

Jet Set
02-21-2007, 03:19 AM
News Flash, next to side to side, it goes up side down.

0jHgHUgP11w

Crush
Title: Crush™
Developer: Kuju Brighton
Format: PSP
Genre: Puzzle
Release date: Summer 2007

Unique to its genre, Crush flips traditional gameplay on its head and creates a valuable new gaming experience that is wholly suited to the PSP. Set within a complex, hypnotic 3D world, players can Crush it to form simple 2D platforms, unlock secrets and then back again, to solve otherwise impossible challenges.

Crush story and characters
Danny, the main character and hero of Crush, has been hospitalised for insomnia. A troubled hero and a nervous wreck, Danny's subconscious swims in unresolved issues. Sleeping is all he can think about, but thinking does nothing to actually help him drift away. It is his restless troubles that lead him to seek out help and ultimately to Dr. Reubens.

Dr Reubens, considered by some as a maverick psychologist, but by others as simply a raving mad scientist. Pioneering a new field in medicine, he is convinced his miracle machine will get to the bottom of Danny's troubles and in turn win him the academic acclaim he's due. The problem is Dr. Reubens solutions aren't strictly above board, but his patients don't need to know that do they...?

C.R.U.S.H. Dr Reubens' pride and joy, C.R.U.S.H. is the very latest in psychotherapy. The name stands for Cognitive Regression Utilizing pSychiatric Heuristics and according to Dr Reubens, the processing power is matched only by its beauty. What makes C.R.U.S.H. unique is the ability to re-frame a patient's problems. While under hypnosis, C.R.U.S.H. will allow Danny to move between 3D and 2D as he navigates his neuroses and comes to terms with the secrets of his past.

Crush is set for release on PSP and is currently scheduled for release in Summer 2007.
###