PDA

View Full Version : Afro Samurai Reviews

dafran
01-24-2007, 07:18 AM
01. Afro Theme feat. RZA: Cool introduction to the album, wish it would be longer than 29 secs cuz the beat is bangin 10/10

02. Afro Instr: An interlude but the music is deep very ost sounding but then again is cool though 6/10

03. Certified Samurai feat. Talib Kweli, Free Murder & Suga Bang Bang: The first banger talib and free are on point ( don't know why everybody hating on free cuz he flows quite good) but the king of the winner is RZA , god damn what a beat with the scratching and the melody sounding beat a 10/10

04. Just A Lil Dude feat. Q-Tip & Free Murder: This is dope great beat, i wish the new clan album sound something similar to this and i'm loving q-tip flow on these one, hooks great too and free kills it again, i'm loving his swagger 10/10

05. Afros Father Fight: Instrumental this shit is funky on some black explotation shit is good 7.5/10

06. Oh feat. Stone Mecca & Allen Anthony: Ok first r&b track from the new killa beez, this is some smooth shit not bad but...the album was sounding so gritty and 36 that this shit cuts quite a bit the feeling of this album anyway i like the bassline i think RZa could have flipped this shit to be more of a banger and continue with the dark sound 5/10

07. The Walk feat. Stone Mecca: 2 R&B track of the album, this one is more smooth than the last one, i ain't feeling this shit, i don't think RZA produce this shit, totally fucks the vibe of the album 2/10

08. Bazooka Fight: Intrumental ost type it doesn't bring nothing new but i like they he experiments 5/10

09. Who Is The Man feat. The Reverend William Burke: Fuck here we go again with the vibe of the album william burke is good we need to know more about this cat, how he hook up with the RZA and if he is down with k.beez. The beat is fucking good with the guitar and the sample reminds me of some james bond type song shit but a little short 10/10

10. Ninjaman: Instrumental this shit is funky as hell too i like this shit but sounds a little west coast too, RZA loves to makes this type of beats on some the sting vibe shit 7.5/10

11. Cameo Afro feat. Big Daddy Kane, GZA & Suga Bang Bang: Wu sound in it's purest form, for god shake this the shit we want from the RZA, Kane & Gza make a good combo , the hook from kane is dope and his flow is impressive (everybody can talk shit bout age but kane shits on every young cat) and the beat is fire cut and paste type shit with horns, i love rza horns he a master of that type of beats 10/10

12. Tears Of A Samurai: Instrumental this is some oriental feeling beat with a melody that grows and grows, fuck rza is a genius 8/10

13. Take Sword Pt. 1 feat. RZA & Beretta 9: My fav track this is awesome, kung fu intro, this is the shit that makes me love to death the wu-tang clan, this is a hard ass beat fuck commercial this is the shit that made me love hip hop, RZA sounds like he coming from the gravediggaz era the beat is so gritty, hard , 36 chambers and at the same type some experimental new sound fuck the best track in years coming from the rza (please do the new clan album with this beats) and beretta 9 lazy flow fits perfectly with the track a fucking 100/10

14. The Empty Theme: Instrumental oriental meets black explotation meets soul very original beat, the best instrumental 10/10

15. Baby feat. Maurice: R&B totally out of place...don't need to say no mo check the rate 0/10

16. Take Sword Pt. 2 feat. 60 Seconds & True Master: Oh my fucking god!!! fucking awesome beat with an eery sound with swords, great drums and bassline similar to cream, 60's back with his style rhyming like he's talking and true master is giving to ya raw too, i'm loving the lyrics lots of kung fu references 9/10

17. Bazooka Fight II: Instrumental similar to part I 5/10

18. Fury In My Eyes/Revenge feat. RZA & Thea: This song has potencial even with the singer from holland that RZA signed to his label this is dark, the lyrics are so wu-tang with kung fu references, i'm loving it the beat is incredible a mix of soft side with Thea and a hard side with RZA 10/10

19. Afro Samurai Theme (First Movement): Instrumental This is great fuck i have no words for RZA he really knows how to make a soundtrack and music, my personal Idol 8/10

20. Afro Samurai Theme (Second Movement): Instrumental oriental feeling RZA it's really a musician i'm telling you, i bet no one of the these great producers can't approach him and the way he understand music 8/10

21. Insomnia feat. Bobby Digital & J-Love: y'all know this track by now great beat great lyrics don't know why people hate on this track, j-love made a lovely beat with a great sample even if it's old 9/10

22. So Fly feat. Bobby Digital & Division: Up-tempo track the sample of this song sounds familiar on some flick shit, i think it will grow on me, very fast paced maybe, but love the way RZA flows on the track division is on the hook but i'm getting used to it, fuck!! this song is dope 8/10

23. We All We Got feat. Bobby Digital & Black Nights: Whoaa bob digi is in tha house, this is experimental beat shit, RZA is on a lazy flow he's known for, this is rare but i'm liking it, i know a lot of you going to hate on this but this is on some stroke of death experiments (don't know why so manny people hate on that track is awesome) the black knights feature is reduce to a minimum and i think tash mahogany is on too, this is short track 8.5/10

24. Glorious Days feat. Bobby Digital & Dexter Wiggles: Uuum hard to swallow at first listen, the singer annoys a little and the piano beat too, but RZA is good and the drum pattern comes from brutality and presidential mc's, could been better but anything can't be good lol 5.5/10

25. Series Outro: Intrumental beat sounds good with a little old school vibe shit, piano ( u know RZA is good with instruments) good end to this album, need to remember y'all this is an OST 7/10

I'm loving this album if u take out the r&b shit or only keeping the first one called Oh! this shit is a straight banger from star to finish and i think the idea of bringing talib, tip and kane will make this approach to an audience even wider and i read a lot of reviews from the tracks that leaked and people from hip hop forums were loving it, RZA chapeau for u now you need to makes beats from the clan album on these vibe, the wiiner of the soundtrack is TAKE SWORD PART I the best track in years coming from the THE RZA peace

ZiG 9th
01-24-2007, 08:21 AM
Pretty good reveiw. Now i have a better idea what to expect when i kop the album.

Erquel
01-24-2007, 11:24 AM
Song with The Reverend William Burke is insane!!!

oDoUoSoKo
01-24-2007, 11:28 AM
lemme guess....leaked?

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
01-24-2007, 11:30 AM
I am tryin to find this shit but I cant..

IronFingaz7
01-24-2007, 12:10 PM
Yeah, this shit is ill and I actually like the R&B joints, they sound like some older soul shits. Stone Mecca is ill. I dont like the added Bobby Digital tracks though, I don't mind the Bobby stuff, but not these.

P.E.A.C.E.

WuBizzie
01-24-2007, 12:21 PM
Certified Samurai is that shit. Everytime I hear it I wish some of the generals were rhyming on it. That beat is pure genius.

Paul Kersey
01-24-2007, 12:26 PM
They have a pre-order I think, at undergroundhiphop.com but it's not that many tracks...are their 2 different albums? There was no Black Knights on the other one.

Paul Kersey
01-24-2007, 12:31 PM
http://www.undergroundhiphop.com/store/detail.asp?UPC=KOC4187CD

truth0ne
01-24-2007, 12:52 PM
BUY THIS ALBUM.

Downloading is a given (and I'm rocking that shit right now at work in the headphones) but PUT UP THE MONEY FOR IT.

IronFingaz7
01-24-2007, 12:55 PM
BUY THIS ALBUM.

Downloading is a given (and I'm rocking that shit right now at work in the headphones) but PUT UP THE MONEY FOR IT.

Always, I'm just an impatient motherfucker, lol, but definitly. Its just something about having the booklet that I like, lol.

P.E.A.C.E.

WUHEADSINCE93
01-24-2007, 02:03 PM

^^^no question

Rorschach
01-24-2007, 02:56 PM
I realise any opinion on RZA’s input into this is incredibly bias on this site, but after one full listen I have to say RZA well and truly murdered this whole thing production wise. From what I can tell, even the R & B type songs are incredible. As for Kane, he has maybe the best verse on the entire soundtrack, he assaulted the track, seriously.

the silencer
01-24-2007, 04:48 PM
shit i gotta find this...

that song Take Sword pt 1 has me buggin...dopest Wu cut i've heard in a looooong time

cant fuckin WAIT for this to come out

Dr. Simon Hurt
01-24-2007, 04:50 PM
very good album, i'm actually surprised...gza and true master have the best lyrical performances to me, rza's instrumentals are very impressive, especially 'Empty Theme' is very progressive. This album makes me very excited for CL2 and 8th Diagram. I already ordered this. I hope you guys buy this.

THE W
01-24-2007, 06:54 PM
well since this thing has leaked should i go ahead and make this the review thread?

Ya_Bane
01-24-2007, 06:55 PM
^^ Merge them, he made one there too

Edit: oh, that one is already deleted..

11th Chamber
01-24-2007, 06:57 PM
Shit sounds nice. Im not gonna download any of the tracks tho, gonna wait til it drops next tuesday and I'll cop it

GENERAL WISE
01-24-2007, 09:18 PM
hit and misses everywhere

Soulless
01-24-2007, 09:52 PM
No disrepect to the initial reviewer of the album, but I think you grossly misrepresented this album. You keep talking about 'ruining the flow', it seems you're forgetting that this is a score/soundtrack. Its not necessarily going to flow like that of a traditional album. It has songs and sounds that suit all parts of the anime. There were slow jam moments in the anime, so they are going to appear on the album.

I'll put it like this. If you are someone who loves movie/anime soundtracks, you are going to love this because it has a little bit of everything. If you like Rza, you'll like most of the album. I do admit thought that some of the songs, I was very surprised that they were made by Rza. The slow jams are nice, but they sound completely unlike anything Rza would make. I'll say this though, they are at least as good as any of the beats presently being used by R&B artists. So if Rza had it in him to make things like this all the time and he didn't explore that then he's been cheating himself.

All in all, its a very good album. Rza definitely showed that he's more of a musician than pretty much any other producer. The musical range on this album alone is more than most show in their whole career. Plus its arranged perfectly. The rap tracks, instrumentals, and slower songs are mixed so that it never feels uneven. I'd give this an 8/10 overall.

GENERAL WISE
01-24-2007, 10:05 PM
01. Afro Theme feat. RZA: 4/5
03. Certified Samurai feat. Talib Kweli, Free Murder & Suga Bang Bang: 4.5/5
04. Just A Lil Dude feat. Q-Tip & Free Murder:4/5
06. Oh feat. Stone Mecca & Allen Anthony: 4.5/5
07. The Walk feat. Stone Mecca:3/5
09. Who Is The Man feat. The Reverend William Burke:4.5/5
11. Cameo Afro feat. Big Daddy Kane, GZA & Suga Bang Bang:4/5
13. Take Sword Pt. 1 feat. RZA & Beretta 9: 4.5/5
15. Baby feat. Maurice: 2/5
16. Take Sword Pt. 2 feat. 60 Seconds & True Master: 4/5
18. Fury In My Eyes/Revenge feat. RZA & Thea: 2.5/5
21. Insomnia feat. Bobby Digital & J-Love:4.5/5
22. So Fly feat. Bobby Digital & Division: 3/5

Overall :48.5/65 75%
beats: 87% (expect better from RZA)
lyrics: 63% (All guests)

But the instrumentals are crazy, but not rate-able.

BTW i am a very good reviewer with some sort of high standard don't expect 5/5 track unless its truely classic

Soulless
01-24-2007, 11:04 PM
I'd agree with most of those ratings, but why did you rate Fury in my Eyes so low? Rza's rap could have been better but that beat is fire. It deserves at least a 3 based on that alone.

Also you forgot to rate Glorious Day. Its not an instrumental.

GENERAL WISE
01-24-2007, 11:28 PM
I'd agree with most of those ratings, but why did you rate Fury in my Eyes so low? Rza's rap could have been better but that beat is fire. It deserves at least a 3 based on that alone.

Also you forgot to rate Glorious Day. Its not an instrumental.
I didn't get Glorious.....

anyways this is a really good OST but album wise it doesn't do it for me.
Fury in my Eyes has a weak beginning and the beginning is what makes a track good or wack.

This falls under OK in my rating system FOR ALBUMS.

(10/10 Classic/ Must listen for any Hip Hop Aficionado)
(9/10 Great/ Close Classic)
(8/10 Good /Worthy of $ & for a couple spins for a fan)
(7/10 Ok/ Worthy for a listen or 2)
(6/10 Average/ Download Only if your interested/Not worth your money)
(5 and under/10 Not worth your time(DL) or money($))

Soulless
01-24-2007, 11:42 PM
I didn't get Glorious.....

anyways this is a really good OST but album wise it doesn't do it for me.
Fury in my Eyes has a weak beginning and the beginning is what makes a track good or wack.

This falls under OK in my rating system FOR ALBUMS.

(10/10 Classic/ Must listen for any Hip Hop Aficionado)
(9/10 Great/ Close Classic)
(8/10 Good /Worthy of $ & for a couple spins for a fan)
(7/10 Ok/ Worthy for a listen or 2)
(6/10 Average/ Download Only if your interested/Not worth your money)
(5 and under/10 Not worth your time(DL) or money($))

I don't know if I understand the logic behind saying that the beginning of a song dictates the quality of the entire song. Even if I did think the beginning of the song was wack, which I don't, I'm still not going to judge a whole song by one little segment. To each his own though. Your ratings don't even count the instrumentals and those are just as good as or better than most of the other songs to me. So if you're not a fan of instrumental music then yeah this album is gonna drop somewhat in quality.

Anyways here is Glorious Day,
http://download.yousendit.com/09B8EDCE1C31B5FD

You also missed All That We Got,
http://download.yousendit.com/74B29C3243FE0566

GENERAL WISE
01-25-2007, 01:33 AM
I don't know if I understand the logic behind saying that the beginning of a song dictates the quality of the entire song. Even if I did think the beginning of the song was wack, which I don't, I'm still not going to judge a whole song by one little segment. To each his own though. Your ratings don't even count the instrumentals and those are just as good as or better than most of the other songs to me. So if you're not a fan of instrumental music then yeah this album is gonna drop somewhat in quality.

Anyways here is Glorious Day,
http://download.yousendit.com/09B8EDCE1C31B5FD

You also missed All That We Got,
http://download.yousendit.com/74B29C3243FE0566
props

I am not taking anything away from the instrumentals, but they are boring overall without any one to lace them with some lyrics.

Dr Zayus
01-25-2007, 02:20 AM
BTW i am a very good reviewer with some sort of high standard don't expect 5/5 track unless its truely classic

Sure, if you can review an album after listening to it once.

inditing dane
01-25-2007, 04:23 AM
Certified Samurai,Take Sword Pt. 1, Cameo Afro and maybe Just A Lil Dude are the only tracks im feeling, the rest is pretty much garbage...i know it's just a soundtrack, but it's pretty damn horrible

binary
01-25-2007, 04:40 AM
Certified Samurai,Take Sword Pt. 1, Cameo Afro and maybe Just A Lil Dude are the only tracks im feeling, the rest is pretty much garbage...i know it's just a soundtrack, but it's pretty damn horrible

Finally some honesty, I feel the same way. Those instrumental tracks are cool but alot of the stuff is just filler garbage. And those Bobby Digital tracks are absolutely some of the worst Wu related shit I've heard, up there with U-God shit.

inditing dane
01-25-2007, 04:53 AM
Finally some honesty, I feel the same way. Those instrumental tracks are cool but alot of the stuff is just filler garbage. And those Bobby Digital tracks are absolutely some of the worst Wu related shit I've heard, up there with U-God shit.
exactly! The Bob Digi tracks are the worst shit ive heard in a long time

binary
01-25-2007, 05:07 AM
exactly! The Bob Digi tracks are the worst shit ive heard in a long time

The disappointing this is the straight hip hop stuff is really good, especially the Kweli joint and the BDK/GZA, but that other stuff is just filler.

kingGirlfriend
01-25-2007, 11:23 AM
Checked all the regular spots but I ain''t seeing it. Oh well, here's to looking forward to next Tuesday.

madstyles
01-25-2007, 01:53 PM
Enjoyable for the most part. Standout track so far is take sword but the q-tip, kweli, and gza joints are dope too. I can understand someone not liking the ost but to call it garabge is an exaggeration.

I've only heard it once though so these are just early impressions but it got me really looking forward to what rza is gonna hit us off with on cuban 2. Gotta stay checkin for rza.

Jeru
01-25-2007, 02:16 PM
Only thing I can't stand about the album is that Rza reused the beat from The Brutality beat again :(

leaguer1
01-25-2007, 02:51 PM
A fine companion piece to the Ghost Dog sdt.

kempa
01-25-2007, 04:49 PM
dude dat says it`s a soundtrack n it doesnt have to have a flow is right

i lUV all of the tracks even started to like the stone mecca tracks, the only track i cant stand is the track with maurice:thumbdwn:
top tracks for me - fury in my eyes (extremely melodical, unique shit) and take sword part 2-60 seconds assassin is makin it sound really raw ^O^

but ther`s a song from the third episode thatz missing and dat shit really pisses me off cuz it sounded really dope
it`s the song dat`s played during the fight in the air between the cyborg and afro
it`s performed by black knights i think but i dont know the fuckin name so if anyone had heard it before.....LET ME KNOW IT

RagnaroK
01-25-2007, 06:35 PM
first i fucked up my own promise on not listen one more song till the album drops but i couldn't wait damn you internet damn you curiosity damn you Wu Corpians i end up downloading the whole album

1- intro could be longer great beat
2- is cool but he could added that to another track and be fine
3- you all ready know this is a certified banga (don't like Free verse)
4- 9:|6not even God can make a beat like this
5- funky
6- /(oh this shit don't belong PERIOD shit just throw me off the rawness
7- :thumbdwn:AGAIn the same shit as 6 i feel like im listening to the same song twice plus why he would make this 2 crap song 4 minutes and make dope beats like the intro and afro samurai theme last only seconds don't make senses
8- dope
9- RZA again doing shit that makes my eyes water
10- just the Ninja theme i don't like it but is and OK track
11- :learning:classic strictly lyrical
12- Damn! this shit is perfect just imaging this with a beat
13- don't you dare to say that RZA lost he's ability cuz this will proof you wrong
14- kind of cool it entertains you
15- :dead:this fucking shit sound like I'm listenting to R Kelly or D' Angelo what tha fuck is this don't belong like the other R&B tracks
16- :'(wait a sec i got something on my eyes hold on... OK wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! damn! beats like this and Just A Lil Dude you can save Hip Hop single handedly
17- great
18- Tssss! only RZA can do this crazy crazy beat listen to the piano on the background on the begining is captivating
19- this could be easyly the best tarck if it was longer like 5 minutes (what happen to the sound that appear when RZA's name appear on the trailer)
20- dope great and everything that is to describe good
21- i like this song alot for a long time so i don't mind that is here
22- good sounds bad bad drums bad lyrics this don't belong on a soundtrack
23- it pass this is good rare but good
24- good
25- good

Overall finally a good album where i can say i like more song that the ones i hate def this shit will be on my collection of dopeness this should teach other members on how to do an album these days and that if you stay with RZA only good can come out of it

Mattlocka
01-25-2007, 08:18 PM
This out in stores now.

THE W
01-25-2007, 08:45 PM
This out in stores now.
what store?

Dr. Simon Hurt
01-25-2007, 08:50 PM
Only thing I can't stand about the album is that Rza reused the beat from The Brutality beat again :(

That's classic breakbeat, mad people have used it, but yes it is corny that rza has used that on like 3 different tracks in the last 2 years,

Production wise this album is hot to me, the lyrics are rather disappointing.

Soulless
01-26-2007, 12:41 AM
dude dat says it`s a soundtrack n it doesnt have to have a flow is right

i lUV all of the tracks even started to like the stone mecca tracks, the only track i cant stand is the track with maurice:thumbdwn:
top tracks for me - fury in my eyes (extremely melodical, unique shit) and take sword part 2-60 seconds assassin is makin it sound really raw ^O^

but ther`s a song from the third episode thatz missing and dat shit really pisses me off cuz it sounded really dope
it`s the song dat`s played during the fight in the air between the cyborg and afro
it`s performed by black knights i think but i dont know the fuckin name so if anyone had heard it before.....LET ME KNOW IT

Yes, I know exactly what you're talking about. The BGM during the beginning of tonight's fight was tight too and its not on the soundtrack. If anything that's the disappoint of the soundtrack, he tried too hard to give it a hip hop influence and left off a bunch of the score.

As far as the criticisms of the album, people are sounding real stupid right now. I'm not saying that anybody is wrong for liking or not liking the album. But honestly people are coming in here saying all the rap songs are tight and everything else is stupid filler. Do you realize how stupid you sound? Its a soundtrack/score. How could you listen that type of album and then call the heart of a score filler? That's like me listening to a Marvin Gaye cd and saying I hate the soul songs. What were you expecting? This isn't a rap album. It is an album to showcase the music used in the anime. That means its going to be composed of the character and situation themes which are usually instrumentals. That stuff isn't filler, it IS the soundtrack.

Again if you don't like the album, that's cool, but saying it sucks because it contains instrumentals and slow songs is just dumb. It was never billed as a rap album, so stop coming on here judging it based on your own wrong expectations.

THE W
01-26-2007, 12:51 AM
As far as the criticisms of the album, people are sounding real stupid right now. I'm not saying that anybody is wrong for liking or not liking the album. But honestly people are coming in here saying all the rap songs are tight and everything else is stupid filler. Do you realize how stupid you sound? Its a soundtrack/score. How could you listen that type of album and then call the heart of a score filler? That's like me listening to a Marvin Gaye cd and saying I hate the soul songs. What were you expecting? This isn't a rap album. It is an album to showcase the music used in the anime. That means its going to be composed of the character and situation themes which are usually instrumentals. That stuff isn't filler, it IS the soundtrack.

Again if you don't like the album, that's cool, but saying it sucks because it contains instrumentals and slow songs is just dumb. It was never billed as a rap album, so stop coming on here judging it based on your own wrong expectations.

good man :thumbup:

i was gonna do a review of this when i finally copped the album and listened to it and say something along these lines.

maybe he should've done what he did with ghostdog and had one CD which was hiphop and the other CD having the music from the movie.

wuswordz95
01-26-2007, 03:15 AM
i cant wait till tuesday, how do you people find copies

Kanha
01-26-2007, 06:18 AM
oh my god, the bobby digi songs are horrible!

Mista JpKoff
01-26-2007, 06:37 AM
Soundtrack is really enjoyable. the r&b songs belong perfectly in here and they're pretty good, i don't see the point of all that whining... RZA should try and do more of these
I also think it's better to have rap songs AND instrumentals on the same cd.
Too bad the end of the cd (2-3 last songs) downgrades the project's global quality.
RZA still has it, i had doubts so it's a pretty good surprise for me

jaylinx
01-26-2007, 09:43 AM
15- :dead:this fucking shit sound like I'm listenting to R Kelly or D' Angelo what tha fuck is this don't belong like the other R&B tracks

R. Kelly ok. Or someone like Usher, Mario Winans etc..... but D'Angelo... come on....

RagnaroK
01-26-2007, 02:31 PM
the slow r&b don't belong period not because i think is a rap album it never cross my mind(even that i say it throw me off the rawness) is just that the type of anime that afro samurai is a R&B song don't mix with blood and violence and the same goes to bobby digital songs(and is not fucking whining is just and opinion if i say it don't belong it don't belong to me so quite down and let other people express what they think)

on the singer stuff is the same shit to me don't care about them im not a fan sorry!

kempa
01-26-2007, 06:07 PM
it`s not just blood n violence
the rnb trax are from the 2nd episode i think when afro gets layed and there are sum sex and romantics scenes n shit :dududu:

Soulless
01-26-2007, 07:13 PM
the slow r&b don't belong period not because i think is a rap album it never cross my mind(even that i say it throw me off the rawness) is just that the type of anime that afro samurai is a R&B song don't mix with blood and violence and the same goes to bobby digital songs(and is not fucking whining is just and opinion if i say it don't belong it don't belong to me so quite down and let other people express what they think)

on the singer stuff is the same shit to me don't care about them im not a fan sorry!

Wow, way to miss the sample from the anime in the songs. How you gonna say the songs don't fit the anime when they contain the very part of the anime that the beats were used for? I thought the people on allhiphop.com were bad, but people on this site really don't use their brains.

Also it doesn't matter what you think belongs or not. Its a soundtrack/score for the millionth time. If the music had a place in the anime then its has a place on the soundtrack. If you watched the anime, you would have known that there was nearly a whole episode one which the R&B songs fit perfectly. You do have a point about the Bobby Digital stuff though. They should have put those tight ass beats that were in the show but left out of the soundtrack instead of the Bobby Digital stuff.

rubyspirit
01-26-2007, 10:27 PM
Bobby, Bobby, Bobby....Digi, Digi, Digi :dududu:

RZA is right. When he speaks, girls gets "wet". Ahhh...

First time through I love it. The instrumentals mixed in are nice.

GENERAL WISE
01-27-2007, 01:03 AM
Oh by Stone Mecca is straight crack

Mista JpKoff
01-27-2007, 07:38 AM

oh boy that's bullshit (and i let you express what you think, i just don't agree, didn't mean to hurt your feelings... dry your eyes hehe :stroke:) so if there's a love scene in the anime (cuz i suppose it won't be straight violence from beginning to end and there's a real story), you want to have a rrrrraaaaawww rap song over it ?? come on...
fan or not, that's not an issue, it is good music and it's all that matters don't you think so ? just say you don't like r&b, and i won't say nothing that's your taste period... but "it don't belong" ahem....

Mista JpKoff
01-27-2007, 07:40 AM
Wow, way to miss the sample from the anime in the songs. How you gonna say the songs don't fit the anime when they contain the very part of the anime that the beats were used for? I thought the people on allhiphop.com were bad, but people on this site really don't use their brains.

Also it doesn't matter what you think belongs or not. Its a soundtrack/score for the millionth time. If the music had a place in the anime then its has a place on the soundtrack. If you watched the anime, you would have known that there was nearly a whole episode one which the R&B songs fit perfectly. You do have a point about the Bobby Digital stuff though. They should have put those tight ass beats that were in the show but left out of the soundtrack instead of the Bobby Digital stuff.

alleluļa :thumbup:

Vegan
01-27-2007, 07:47 AM
I don't dig RnB or anything but listenting to RZA's production makes me wonder why popular artists don't use him more often. RZA can flip any style. Those RnB tracks sound radio friendly as all hell. They could get the little 106 and park zombies into RZA.

deadlymelody
01-27-2007, 01:09 PM
oh my god, the bobby digi songs are horrible!

No way. Bangers.

J-DON
01-27-2007, 04:37 PM
Damn, im liking this shit. Dont hate on "Oh" that shit is smooth as FUCK Great tune! Actually I didnt think RZA would be able to make some RnB tracks as smooth as those are!

Leo Angel
01-27-2007, 04:51 PM
My first thoughts of this soundtrack: musically it's on some classic level, but some guests dissapoint lyrically (Talib Kweli, Burke or Freemurda). With some more Wu Generals and talented Wu Fam it would be an instant classic. I'm keen of Stone Mecca songs, but "Baby" is straight wack. Overall it's bangin album and "Just A Lil Dude" has one of the illest beats in the whole history of hip-hop, it's even hard to describe the dopeness of this beat:i

Megaman
01-27-2007, 07:38 PM
Freemurda is wack, but i actually liked the Reverend William Burk

Dr Zayus
01-28-2007, 06:51 AM
No way. Bangers.

Damn straight.

Bitches all up in my grill like the dentist!

THE W
01-28-2007, 12:48 PM
got a chance to pick this one up today at bestbuy. you guys who dont have it yet should role by your local bestbuy today cuz the one i went to had the album fully stocked.

my commentary on this album:

anyone who says Rza lost his edge can take those comments and wipe their ass with them and blow their nose with them. the straight hiphop tracks are bangerzoids.

i think a lot of hiphop fans who buy this may be disappointed just because they wont understand what this actually is. this isnt really a hiphop album. take away the instros, the R&B tracks, and discount the bonuses, this album is 7 joints deep. most of this album isnt hiphop but meant to fit the theme of the scenes in the anime that they were placed in. please keep that in mind when reviewing this.

i thought that the instrumentals were cool for what they were worth. not really into score tracks but i didnt mind these.

the R&B tracks were actually pretty good but come to find out Rza did not produce them. oh and the walk were produced by "tru james" and baby by "M1". "baby" is a reused track from "The protector".

other than "so fly" i wasnt feelin the bobby tracks. hopefully the bobby album isnt on par with these tracks cuz if it is, i'll have no part of it.

overall i thought this was pretty good. unlike the ghostdog soundtrack where you had two versions with one being hiphop and one being the score, he combined them on one album. Rza certainly proved he's still got it on the hiphop side of things but the mixture of hiphop/score may throw some people off.

deadlymelody
01-28-2007, 04:19 PM
^
Those are my sentiments on this album almost exactly. Basically it breaks down to this: The hip hop tracks are banging, every last one of them.

Dr Zayus
01-28-2007, 05:24 PM
got a chance to pick this one up today at bestbuy. you guys who dont have it yet should role by your local bestbuy today cuz the one i went to had the album fully stocked.

anyone who says Rza lost his edge can take those comments and wipe their ass with them and blow their nose with them. the straight hiphop tracks are bangerzoids.

i think a lot of hiphop fans who buy this may be disappointed just because they wont understand what this actually is. this isnt really a hiphop album. take away the instros, the R&B tracks, and discount the bonuses, this album is 7 joints deep. most of this album isnt hiphop but meant to fit the theme of the scenes in the anime that they were placed in. please keep that in mind when reviewing this.

i thought that the instrumentals were cool for what they were worth. not really into score tracks but i didnt mind these.

the R&B tracks were actually pretty good but come to find out Rza did not produce them. oh and the walk were produced by "tru james" and baby by "M1". "baby" is a reused track from "The protector".

other than "so fly" i wasnt feelin the bobby tracks. hopefully the bobby album isnt on par with these tracks cuz if it is, i'll have no part of it.

overall i thought this was pretty good. unlike the ghostdog soundtrack where you had two versions with one being hiphop and one being the score, he combined them on one album. Rza certainly proved he's still got it on the hiphop side of things but the mixture of hiphop/score may throw some people off.

I had a suspicion that the Stone Mecca tracks were Tru James. He's the producer and I think the male singer of the group. He's talented as fuck.

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-28-2007, 08:24 PM
No RZA soundtrack will ever match up to the Japanese version of the Ghost Dog OST, but this comes alot closer than Protector. (not hard)

Cameo Afro is actually alot like Ghost Dog sound, funky samples and soul drums, classic RZA we need more of, this style is timeless.

Q Tip RZA combo sounding real hot, Tip hits us with a smooth hook.

William Burke surprisingly continues to impress me on Who Is the Man.

Take Sword pt 1 has a beat so slow it would challenge any MC, B9 does aight.

Certified Samurai - imho pretty dry track.

I'm still getting a little worried by the choice of MCs RZA has. You wouldn't believe the person who oversaw the Wu could have suspect MC taste, but....

ukarema
01-29-2007, 12:09 PM
You gotta remember that this is a Soundtrack to an Animated series. So that whole soundtrack had to fit with the theme of the series. Now, I too downloaded the whole album. i already placed my pre-order with amazon.com and its already on the way. But anyways, as far as the soundtrack. I thought it was pretty dope. Even the RNB tracks were dope, it just shows you how RZA can produce ANYTHING. 4 bar beats to 40 bar beats, RZA can do it all. But the one thing that fucked up the soundtrack were those Bobby Digital bonus tracks, they had no reason to be on that shit man. Those tracks were subpar and sounded like throw aways from digital bullet. Other than that if you i'd give it

3/5 for songs 5/5 for production. Overall 4/5

whipsandfullclips
01-29-2007, 03:41 PM
always love some new RZA

LHX
01-29-2007, 11:13 PM
its all about Free Murder right now yo

motherfucker spittin FLAMES

Kriszy Substance
01-30-2007, 04:31 PM
Ok, so Im going to the store to pick up a few albums today and am still feeling indecisive about this. Seems like there are a lot of guys saying this is a good album but I think the whole animae thing is what is conflicting me...I dont like animae...I dont think I even know how to spell it. Anyway, I work hard for my money and I dont want to feel like I wasted it (no offense to RZA, if i were rich, there would be no question)...Im leaving in a hour so if you could give me a yes or no on this I would greatly appreciate it. Pm is fine so that this thread is not cluttered. Thanks in advance....:spin:

LHX
01-30-2007, 05:19 PM
all in all, id say no

Ghostdog was a better CD

this one is good

im listening to it right now

but it is not giving me the tingle on the insides

except for a couple tracks

num2son
01-30-2007, 09:48 PM
Ghostdog was a better CD

IMO, it was the only great soundtrack he made

wuswordz95
01-31-2007, 03:19 AM

good point qadster. my local best buy did not have afro samuari. circut city target fye tthe wherehouse did not have it. my city must hate the rza,dum fucks. the only place that had afro was a record shop by my job. cd was 1899
thats way too much 2 buy. I gotta wait longer to get the album

wuswordz95
01-31-2007, 03:24 AM
i want to see kristy nude

TwistedNickels
01-31-2007, 07:45 PM
good album... i bet i get no answer on this but um does anyone know the song by black knights on the actual show episode 3 where he is fighting that robot the second time? that shit is jamming.
no answer! cause no one knows what i am talking about. i promise.

TwistedNickels
01-31-2007, 07:47 PM
Ok, so Im going to the store to pick up a few albums today and am still feeling indecisive about this. Seems like there are a lot of guys saying this is a good album but I think the whole animae thing is what is conflicting me...I dont like animae...I dont think I even know how to spell it. Anyway, I work hard for my money and I dont want to feel like I wasted it (no offense to RZA, if i were rich, there would be no question)...Im leaving in a hour so if you could give me a yes or no on this I would greatly appreciate it. Pm is fine so that this thread is not cluttered. Thanks in advance....:spin:
so um kriszy hi (wim)
hah, was wonderin yo name on dis here. :nerdy:

Bis Fan
01-31-2007, 07:59 PM
all in all, id say no

Ghostdog was a better CD

this one is good

im listening to it right now

but it is not giving me the tingle on the insides

except for a couple tracks

you're really "funny"

Kriszy Substance
01-31-2007, 08:44 PM
i want to see kristy nude

The infamous non-grinder...I keep telling you that mis-spelling my name will get you nowhere....nowhere...nowhere man, please listen, you dont know what your missing....sidetrack. really im flattered but its kriszy.

so um kriszy hi (wim)
hah, was wonderin yo name on dis here. :nerdy:

wim! should've figured your name would have a twist...i wish i knew what you were talking about with the episode 3 black knights thing, but i dont. very happy to see you here though*D would you reccomend the purchase? i didnt do it, but my mind is still open and the music store is not far.....

LHX
01-31-2007, 09:56 PM
you're really "funny"

"thanks"

i "try"

wuswordz95
02-01-2007, 01:56 AM
nude kriszy is the new way to go

Skellington
02-01-2007, 02:49 PM
Damn, track 18 "Fury In My Eyes/Revenge" is very very good, absolutely love this track.

LHX
02-01-2007, 06:13 PM
Damn, track 18 "Fury In My Eyes/Revenge" is very very good, absolutely love this track.
troof

that track is dope as hell

THE W
02-01-2007, 08:09 PM
nah i dont think this is as good as ghostdog for the simple fact that ghostdog was more hiphop. even the score version of ghostdog had a hiphop sound to it.

Rza at the time didnt have the composing skills that he has now. i guess less is more sometimes.

i will say though that the hiphop stuff on Afro samauri destroys anything on ghostdog.

LHX
02-01-2007, 10:06 PM
nah i dont think this is as good as ghostdog for the simple fact that ghostdog was more hiphop. even the score version of ghostdog had a hiphop sound to it.

Rza at the time didnt have the composing skills that he has now. i guess less is more sometimes.

i will say though that the hiphop stuff on Afro samauri destroys anything on ghostdog.

thats tough man

the Hip Hop on Afro Samurai is killer

but Ghost Dog was some next level shit as well
track after track after track

RagnaroK
02-01-2007, 11:51 PM

i totally agree with this

deadlymelody
02-02-2007, 12:48 AM

This doesn't make a whole lot of sense because you're saying the Hip Hop on Afro surpasses the Hip Hop on Ghostdog, yet Ghostdog is better? Then you say RZA's composing skills are better now. Then you say Ghostdog was more Hip Hop, then say Afro Samurai's hip hop was way better?

Razorsharp
02-02-2007, 01:13 AM
i love this soundtrack... jus as i did the protector soundtrack, RZA is very well rounded, i love his work on scores and soundtracks.. he has a real talent for it... i worked out to this soundtrack today and last night... good shiiit... but i skip the R&B tracks when im liftin, dont wanna shed a tear now... :D

Razorsharp
02-02-2007, 01:14 AM
This doesn't make a whole lot of sense because you're saying the Hip Hop on Afro surpasses the Hip Hop on Ghostdog, yet Ghostdog is better? Then you say RZA's composing skills are better now. Then you say Ghostdog was more Hip Hop, then say Afro Samurai's hip hop was way better?

he is saying the hip hop joints on afro will shatter ghostdog, but ghostdog as a soundtrack was better... thats what im gettin at at least

peace

Razorsharp
02-02-2007, 01:18 AM
The infamous non-grinder...I keep telling you that mis-spelling my name will get you nowhere....nowhere...nowhere man, please listen, you dont know what your missing....sidetrack. really im flattered but its kriszy.

wim! should've figured your name would have a twist...i wish i knew what you were talking about with the episode 3 black knights thing, but i dont. very happy to see you here though*D would you reccomend the purchase? i didnt do it, but my mind is still open and the music store is not far.....

Kriszy!!! PM me those pics!!! of my bday wishes bash!!! :D

AcidPhosphate69
02-02-2007, 03:11 AM
Where was that thread where the dude posted links to the actual show? I wanna watch that shit and I can't find it for the life of me.

Bloo
02-02-2007, 03:19 AM
Damn, I can't find it either... Sorry homie I know it's here somwhere though.

Bloo
02-02-2007, 03:25 AM
i love this soundtrack... jus as i did the protector soundtrack, RZA is very well rounded, i love his work on scores and soundtracks.. he has a real talent for it... i worked out to this soundtrack today and last night... good shiiit... but i skip the R&B tracks when im liftin, dont wanna shed a tear now... :D

Word :) I for one feel those R&B joints. I know all the fools here be yackin hard and shit but they know them shits is tight.

LORD ZERO
02-02-2007, 04:33 AM
instrumental wise, empty 7 theme is fuckin hypnotic.....cant stop listenin to this joint

track wise, take sword pt 1., just a lil dude, certified samurai, oh, the walk & who is the man are easily the best bangaz on this album

BANGER STATUS for me

THE W
02-02-2007, 03:23 PM
its very simple.

comparing ghostdog as a whole album to afro samauri as a whole album, ghostdog is a better album.

THE W
02-02-2007, 03:24 PM
he is saying the hip hop joints on afro will shatter ghostdog, but ghostdog as a soundtrack was better... thats what im gettin at at least

peace
yes, thank you

deadlymelody
02-02-2007, 06:01 PM
In that case, I disagree with you.

THE W
02-02-2007, 06:19 PM
fair enough

the silencer
02-02-2007, 09:36 PM
just got this in the mail...playin in the stereo as i type this..

definitely love the case...lotta dope pictures n shit..plenty of Wu signs

the silencer
02-02-2007, 10:01 PM
so far..

nice to hear 60 Second on a track again...hes not that good tho

True Master always came crazy on the mic but he was only aight..

Take Sword pt 1 is worth the price of this shit....song is amazing...

Insomnia is really fucked up...they shooda just put on the original version, they edited it way too much..

the silencer
02-02-2007, 10:03 PM
So Fly is kinda stupid but Rza shows that he cood still spit with a crazy ass flow...that was dope

Glorious Day is cool...little bit of a recycled verse (from Fam members only) but dope nonetheless...subtle messages in there

madstyles
02-03-2007, 05:54 PM
Outro = dope

L~>1<~NKS
02-03-2007, 06:53 PM

Co Sig!!!!!

L~>1<~NKS
02-03-2007, 07:06 PM
The whole album sound is fuckin bananas! It's got some funky soul R/B from Stone Mecca, which to me is a very underated clique. I'm not feelin that "Baby" joint - it's CACA. Also, Every track that has a verse is crazy and Rev. William Burke def. needs to get out more.

I know Bobby Digital is RZA's alter ego and an ill one @ that, but those 4 bonus tracks from the forthcoming album are actually ight , the worst outta the whole Afro Samurai CD IMO. "We All We Got" is too short, that beats sick!

But yo, this is prime grade RZA shit. Near classic - if there's such a thing.

wuswordz95
02-05-2007, 11:03 PM
i finally got tthe album today in the mail. the album is really good, i havent heard it fully but i think it may be better then fishscale,

deadlymelody
02-07-2007, 08:27 PM
I kinda got a headache right now so i'll just get to it...

Afro Theme- Just a theme

Afro Intro- Has a dark, gutter feel

Certified Samurai-5/5- Well it looks like RZA can produce better than everyone stilll. What a sick fucking beat good god. Best part is the "operator standing by" line with the phone line sound effect right after that's dope. GREAT track even though it's not lyrically special.

Just A Lil Dude-5/5- Another banger. This beat seems to build higher and higher as the song goes on. Beautiful. This time the MC'in is a little better because Q-Tip's on it. Another banger.

Afro's Father Fight- Cool instrumental

Oh-2/5- Well I don't much care for this track because.....well it ain't Wu Tang at all or RZA.

The Walk-2/5- This track is more listenable than "Oh" though both of these tracks sound similar.

Bazooka Fight- This is dope well done RZA.

Who Is The Man-5/5- Dope track I love the chorus and the beat once again is nice. Nice guitar loop.

Ninjaman- This is as well a dope instrumental.

Cameo Afro-5/5- Sick beat again. I mean, this beat is crazy. Let's not forget that their are legends on this track, and Kane and GZA don't disappoint.

Tears of a Samurai- This is musically superb well done RZA

Take Sword Pt. 1-5/5- Oh my god the beat is out of this world. Haven't heard too much stuff like this. This is so cinematic and grimy. Unbelieveable.

Empty 7 Theme- This is one of the instrumentals that I don't mind listening to at all. Probably the best one on the album.

Baby-2/5- This track that bad for what it is, R&B. I don't listen to R&B though so i'm not going to be listening to this.

Take Sword Pt.2-5/5- This beat is far more simplistic, but does have a good catchiness, which I think is because of the drum pattern. I think 60 Second Assassin improved the track with his ranting-yet-rapping style. True Master is a pretty dope MC, and I don't hear many hip hop verses that sound like his on this track.

Bazooka Fight 2-Pretty much same as the first

Fury In My Eyes-5/5- This is crazy. Beat is once again outstanding. But the best part is, RZA just goes fucking nuts with the piano in the last half of the song. Brilliant. I love RZA's MC'ing, this was his A rate effort.

Afro Samurai Theme- Ok

Afro Samurai Theme- Ok

Insomnia-4/5- Cool track. Very nice beat. Good verses from RZA. Not a skip track at all.

So Fly-5/5- It's not perfect because of Division and the hook but god damn the beat is gonna make you nod your head. RZA's flow is nuts here and it's that Bobby Digital wordplay that make this track a banger.

We All We Got-3/5- This is so-so. I don't like the beat.

Glorious Day-5/5- Ok, we all know the drums are recycled because we're all wu heads here, but this beat is still sick. This is hip hop at it's best right here. I have a feeling I'll be listening to this for a long time.

Point blank, if you cut this down to just Hip-Hop, it's classic material. The production is breath taking. I was amazed at RZA's work on this, it was nothing short of brilliant. This is some of his best work I have to say. I don't really know how to rate this album because it is a soundtrack and not a hip hop track. So i'll just say, sticking right with the hip hop tracks, it's probably a 9, 9.5/10. Excellent.

Ink Is My Drink
02-16-2007, 11:59 AM
for those that havnt got the album yet i thoguht id drop my own lil review. got it a couple of days ago frm my girl for valetines haha yes

the amount of tracks is decieving so ill break it down abit. 25 track album

actual songs (11 tracks)
afro theme: put this as a song as rza does rap on it even though the song is 29 secs long. its the tv programs intro so makes sense to make it the albums intro

certified samurai: one of the best tracks on the album in my opinion. great beat and talib sounds great over it. free murda is alright too. and the hook by suga bang is good too. quality track

just a lil dude: q-tip comes off pretty good and free murder is also alright too. the hook is alright gives the song alot of feel but some may not like it. i thoguht it was alright not amazing jus alright. the beat is good too

oh: this is prob where my reviews gonna differ frm others. i loved this track som like late 60's R&B it sounds like. good shit

the walk: same as above except i prefer this track. seriously cant stop listering to it

who is tha man: i like the beat but the hook where he says who is the man is slightly anoying jus the way he says it. and he keeps repeating stuff he already said which is also abit anoying but still is an okay track

cameo afro: anouther great track.kane is as good as ever and GZAs the same. love the lil singing bit at the end too.

take sword part 1:RZA and B9 on some grimy ass beat. if you like your music grimy you will love this track

baby: was abit lost why this track wa son the album its som striaght up modern day R&B shit. i dont mind the old more sould kind of R&B but not this. i ahte it but if u like new r&b stuff then youll prob like this track. just why is it here?

take sword part 2: was excited to hear 60 second but nah he doesnt do that well at all. seems like he freestyling jus at a slow pace. and true master is alright but same kind of slow freestylign seems like. some may liek this track but i dont

fury in my eyes: great production but the woman is abit anoying. rza is dam good though

instrumentals (10 tracks)
if you a fan of the tv programe then these will apeal to you alot mroe but if your not then you could see them abit pointless liek if you got it jus for actual songs)

afro intro:short intro

afros father fight: i love this beat!

bazooka fight: on some orchestra shit. its pretty good

ninja man: has tlaking frm the tv programe and fairly good beat

tears of a samurai: dont really liek it

the empty 7 theme: is okay but abit long. should be shorter for the album i reckon

bazooka fight 2: liek the first

afro theme first movement: abit boring would be better if shorter

afro theme second movement: same as above

series outro : the outro to the tv programe so makes sense to have it here is also a good beat

bobby bonus tracks (4 tracks)

insomnia: i love this track. but just wish he kept on about actual insomnia he tlaks about it first couple liens then goes off about guns and stuff. if he kept to the whole insomnia idea for the whole track would be such a great track

so fly: its alright up beat kinda track

we all we got: its alright but very short

glourious day: i really really hate the ebat on thsi track cant stand it!

overall

i think its a very strong soundtrack as come on most soundtracks to films are not worth buying. the major flaw though is i think there needed to be more songs and less instrumentals i know its a soundtrack so i understand they should be there its just we all would prefer more actual tracks. but i guess he realised this and gave us the 4 bobby tracks which was a great idea even if they arnt the strongest tracks ever. its strong soundtrack worthy of your money. and def sends a message to everyone who says rza cant produce any more

Ya_Bane
02-16-2007, 01:11 PM
If RZA would have made this a hip-hop album, it would be classic. Every hip-hop-track is crazy, and RZA proves he's still sharp on the tables

wc_80
02-19-2007, 05:08 PM
was wondering if you guys can tell me what you think are hot tracks on this cd. i bought it , browse thru it and nothing has captured my attention yet. let me know

Ya_Bane
02-19-2007, 05:10 PM
Pretty much every actual hip-hop-track. Since it's a soundtrack it's stuffed with instrumentals and some RnB tracks, but the real tracks are hot as hell, all of them.

deadlymelody
02-19-2007, 06:00 PM
I think the Hip Hop tracks are some of his RZA's BEST work.

M4TH3M4T1CS
02-19-2007, 06:54 PM
"who dat over there" is amazing

M4TH3M4T1CS
02-19-2007, 06:55 PM
any info on q-tip? and of his own albums???

mAlAkAz
02-19-2007, 06:59 PM
Take Sword Pt. 1 & Fury In My Eyes/Revenge are real hot too

deadlymelody
02-19-2007, 07:02 PM
Certified Samurai is probably the best beat on the album. It's amazing.

xHard to Earnx
02-19-2007, 07:55 PM
any info on q-tip? and of his own albums???

Hahahaha

the silencer
02-19-2007, 08:13 PM
Take Sword pt 1

and

Cameo Afro

are the ones i really like..

whipsandfullclips
02-19-2007, 08:35 PM
i like the whole cd. one song not getting enough props is we all we got. that shit is dope as well as the other tracks minus the R&B tracks.

ZiG 9th
02-20-2007, 03:08 AM
Album iz fire!! RZA is still elevating!!! He's the best in my book! Kane an GZA over a RZA beat! I thought that was like a fairytale? Q-tip an Kweli on a RZA beat? This is stuff i used to dream about. I love it!! I have to say tho Take Sword pt. 1 with RZA an Born god allah iz the illest song! That beat iz krazy! And RZA murdered the verse! The r&b joints are nice i'm feelin them! And if u read the credits RZA doesn't actually produce any of the r&b trax. But they're stillnice and give the album a nice mellow vibe in between all of the rawness!

ZiG 9th
02-20-2007, 03:10 AM
Is it me or does Rev. William Burke and Beretta 9 sound alike?

Bis Fan
02-20-2007, 03:48 AM
yeah I loved this soundtrack

I read he was supposed to be producing tracks for Thea :)

Bis Fan
02-20-2007, 03:50 AM
Hahahaha

did you know you were WACK

hahahahaha < WTF is that?

wack postage :(W

Kaz00K
02-22-2007, 01:32 PM
Has anyone listened to the fight scene in the middle of the Afro Samurai third episode?. Theres a hiphop track in it that is by far better than any song on the soundtrack but its missing from it. Does anyone know who made that song cos its amazing!!!!!!!!

Dr. Simon Hurt
02-22-2007, 02:28 PM
I think the Hip Hop tracks are some of his RZA's BEST work.

Production wise, definitely, but lyrically most of them were ass, and some of them were atrocious. Is rza just freestyling the majority of his shit now?

THE W
02-22-2007, 05:16 PM
Has anyone listened to the fight scene in the middle of the Afro Samurai third episode?. Theres a hiphop track in it that is by far better than any song on the soundtrack but its missing from it. Does anyone know who made that song cos its amazing!!!!!!!!
Rza,

all the music in the anime was done by Rza.

deadlymelody
02-22-2007, 05:41 PM
Production wise, definitely, but lyrically most of them were ass, and some of them were atrocious. Is rza just freestyling the majority of his shit now?

I thought RZA was nice too as far as MC'in.

TwistedNickels
02-22-2007, 08:37 PM
yea i fucking mentioned this but people were bull shit talking and over looked me. anyway, fuck i guess i'll ask rza since no one knows. i just thought you know i might have had a chance of getting a reply from some guru since this is wutangcorp, but to no avail. yes... apparently it is rza.

kempa
02-24-2007, 05:37 AM
yea i fucking mentioned this but people were bull shit talking and over looked me. anyway, fuck i guess i'll ask rza since no one knows. i just thought you know i might have had a chance of getting a reply from some guru since this is wutangcorp, but to no avail. yes... apparently it is rza.

r u talkin bout the aerial fight in episode 3 when afro fights dat robot n they both shoot themselvez in the air n afro chops off his hand?
i can hardly hear "black knights" in the begining of dat song, n i suppose it might be from the new blacknights album on which doc doom RIP had been workin before bein shot

famenchuan
02-24-2007, 08:43 AM
Favorite tracks
Take Sword Part 2
Cameo Afro
Fury in my Eyes
Take Sword Part 2

I dont like R&B but those two Stone Mecca tracks are really dope.

ShaDynasty
02-24-2007, 02:37 PM
this was a lot better than i expected, a lot of variety in the beats
ive been listening to it a lot
just makes me look forward to the new wu releases coming this year

wutanghk
02-26-2007, 11:31 AM
Anyone know Will they have a Japanese version of this album?

duotone
03-24-2007, 12:48 PM
a realy great reaview (the opening)
i'm feelin' with u !
the way u describe the talent of the rza is the same i do...

the album is a 6/5 ..... its more than a classic....

i think that rza enjoined to produce the album... u can feel that the musik came from his heart... he puts so much love in this production... great one....

my fav.
certified samurai
take the sword pt.1 & 2
cameo afro

and the new bobby digital tracks are a good view to the next bobbyalbum....

Hollow Dartz
07-22-2007, 08:41 PM
Free Murda PROVED to the world why he's ass. "The only trigga he pulled was on a home depot drill" LOL

One and Only
09-04-2007, 01:54 PM
I think I'm the only one feeling Baby. I like every single track on this album Hip Hop, R&B, Instrumental, Bobby Digi tracks they all dope. Don't know why people hate Division/Free Murda so much.

dadivine1
09-05-2007, 11:12 AM
I am suprised how nobody was talking about the Bobby Digital Bonus Tracks, there are 5 tracks by bobby. Most of them are tight.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
09-05-2007, 01:06 PM
yo the bobby digi tracks are cool and i think rza out did himself wit allot of these beats and tracks man

Hollow Dartz
12-19-2007, 09:14 PM
poll

wutanghk
01-07-2008, 01:16 PM
oh,i've bought the japanese version,it doesnt have the last 4 songs on.
RZA did great,i loke this album a lot!

Bucellito 136
01-07-2008, 02:47 PM
Great album but i rated it banga because of too many skits
afrom samurai is the dopest track

hide1998
01-07-2008, 02:54 PM
oh,i've bought the japanese version,it doesnt have the last 4 songs on.
RZA did great,i loke this album a lot!

Yeah, I got both. Although the Japanese one doesn't have the bonus RZA cuts at the end, it does have 2 extra instrumentals for the soundtrack.

Maccabee Ridah
05-22-2008, 11:39 AM
really good album, not pure classic, rza had much better but very good album...

jay.robinson15
05-22-2008, 04:37 PM
I voted superior. One more great track and it would have been a classic for me.

nerosneptune
02-17-2009, 07:45 AM
Hey everyone, I'm a new poster here and as a first effort I'd like to get a new thread going with RZA album reviews for Afro Samurai.

I really liked the album, but here's a less than glowing review:

http://spectrumculture.com/2009/02/various-artists-afro-samurai-resurrection-soundtrack.html

DUMBO
02-17-2009, 08:32 AM
looks like each paragraph was written by a different person. jumbled mess of a review.

-The A to the Z-
02-17-2009, 09:54 AM
Dutch singer Thea Van Seijen contributes distinctive, jazzy vocals mildly reminiscent of Nina Simone to several tracks. Her sweetness is a fine counterpoint to the gritty, often violent music, much like Massive Attack's use of female vocalists.

Piss oooooofffff.

That makes his review null and void, deaf folk can't review music albums.

But I really like Resurrection too, has a lot of replay value and the tracks sound fresh every time I hear them.

Expect the Thea tracks.

-The A to the Z-
02-17-2009, 09:55 AM
Oh and here's the original Afro Samurai Resurrection review thread :

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70535

Hollow Dartz
02-17-2009, 03:45 PM
read instructions.

-The A to the Z-
02-18-2009, 08:02 AM
Why you putting this thread here for?

It was for the Resurrection album reviews.

-The A to the Z-
07-23-2009, 07:59 PM
Edit: Oh, accident.