PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Launch details Europe

Jet Set
01-25-2007, 07:39 AM
PS3 to Launch in UK on 23rd March 2007
Over 30 Titles for Launch Period
1 Million units forecast for Initial European Launch Period
London, 24 January 2007 - Sony Computer Entertainment Europe today announced that PLAYSTATION®3 will be launched in the PAL territories including the United Kingdom on 23rd March 2007 at a price of £425.
Responding to retail and consumer demand, SCEE confirmed that initially only the 60GB model would be available, with the 20GB model to follow later in the year dependent on demand.
An expected one million PS3 units will be made available during the initial launch period to all SCEE territories.
SCEE also announced a stellar launch line-up of over 30 game titles for PS3, including eagerly awaited titles published by SCEE such as Resistance: Fall of Man™, MotorStorm™, Genji™: Days of the Blade, FORMULA ONE CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION and Ridge Racer™ 7. An exceptional range of titles in every genre will also be available at launch from the world's leading third party publishers, including Electronic Arts, Activision, Namco Bandai, Sega, Take 2, Ubisoft, Vivendi Universal, and Sony Online Entertainment.
In addition to games on disc, an exciting range of fully-featured downloadable games
will debut on the PLAYSTATION®Network. These will include gaming icons such as Tekken®: Dark Resurrection and Gran Turismo® HD Concept; the fully-featured PS3 debut of the best-selling franchise Gran Turismo, realised with full HD (1080p) visual quality. Created by Polyphony Digital Inc and published by Sony Computer Entertainment, Gran Turismo® HD Concept has been downloaded by more than 350,000 users since it was released in December 2006 in North America and Japan.
Also available on the PLAYSTATION®Network will be brainteasers such as Go! Sudoku and Go! Puzzle, and innovative games such as Blast Factor™ and flOw™, designed exclusively for PLAYSTATION 3 and delivering on the promise to provide original content created by non-traditional developers and publishers.
Concurrent with the European launch, a new System Update to further enhance the entertainment potential of PS3 will be issued.
Announcing the launch details, Ray Maguire, SVP and MD of SCEUK said, "Following the hugely successful launches of PS3 in Japan and North America, we are absolutely delighted to be able to bring significant numbers of PS3 to the UK. To be able to launch with over 30 titles including retail versions and great downloadable gaming experiences across every genre shows that this is our strongest launch line-up in the history of PlayStation, and is what PlayStation fans in the UK have been crying out for."
PLAYSTATION 3 LAUNCH TITLE LINE-UP
Resistance: Fall of Man™ - SCEE - Disc
MotorStorm™ - SCEE - Disc
Genji™: Days of the Blade - SCEE - Disc
FORMULA ONE CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION - SCEE - Disc
Ridge Racer™ 7 - SCEE - Disc
Tekken®: Dark Resurrection - SCEE - Network
Lemmings™ - SCEE - Network
Go! Sudoku - SCEE - Network
Go! Puzzle - SCEE - Network
Blast Factor™ - SCEE - Network
flOw™ - SCEE - Network
Super Rub'a'Dub - SCEE - Network
Call of Duty 3 - Activision UK Ltd - Disc
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance - Activision UK Ltd - Disc
Tony Hawk's Project 8 - Activision UK Ltd - Disc
Gundam - Target in Sight - Namco Bandai Games - Disc
Full Auto™ 2: Battle Lines - Sega®Europe Ltd - Disc
Sonic the Hedgehog™ - Sega®Europe Ltd - Disc
Virtua Fighter™ 5 - Sega®Europe Ltd - Disc
Virtua Tennis™ 3 - Sega®Europe Ltd - Disc
World Snooker Championship 2007 - Sega®Europe Ltd - Disc
NBA 2K7 - Take 2 International SA - Disc
NHL 2K7 - Take 2 International SA - Disc
Blazing Angels Squadrons of WWll - Ubisoft Entertainment SA - Disc
Enchanted Arms - Ubisoft Entertainment SA - Disc
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent - Ubisoft Entertainment SA - Disc
The Elder Scrolls lV: Oblivion - Ubisoft Entertainment SA - Disc
Def Jam: Icon - Electronic Arts Ltd - Disc
Fight Night Round 3 - Electronic Arts Ltd - Disc
NBA Street 4 Homecourt 2007 - Electronic Arts Ltd - Disc
Need for Speed Carbon - Electronic Arts Ltd - Disc
The Godfather: The Don's Edition - Electronic Arts Ltd - Disc
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007 - Electronic Arts Ltd - Disc
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom - Electronic Arts Ltd - Disc
F.E.A.R. Vivendi - Universal Games Intl SA - Disc
Gripshift - Sony Online Entertainment - Network

PLAYSTATION 3 Peripherals Available at Launch
Peripheral - RRP in £ Sterling
SIXAXIS™ Wireless Controller - £34.99
Blu-ray Disc Remote Control - £17.99
HDMI Cable - £17.99
AV cable - £17.99
Component AV cable - £17.99
S Video cable - £12.99

Jet Set
01-25-2007, 07:40 AM
Haha,

PS3 EURO LAUNCH: THE FACTS
Hot off the brainwaves of the average European gamer:

FACT 1: No one really cares

FACT 2: It's too much money

FACT 3: Shifting all the machines from unsold piles in American and Japanese warehouses to an unsold pile in a European warehouse isn't going to help Sony's 'bottom line' in the short to medium term

FACT 4: The best game is a free demo

FACT 5: 'Best' in the context of PS3 means '6/10 at a push'

FACT 6: The 'Average Joe' already thinks PS3 is an over-priced flop, thanks to low-level guerilla marketing by the New York Times and all of The Internet.

FACT 7: Virtua Tennis 3 will have online play on Xbox 360, so don't go throwing that one back in our faces

FACT 8: Tell pikey Britain that it needs to replace its Only Fools and Horses DVDs with new Blu-ray editions and it will stub a cigarette out in your face.

FACT 9: 599 dollars actually translates to 303 pounds, NOT 425

FACT 10: 60,000 yen actually translates to 250 pounds, NOT 425
http://www.ukresistance.co.uk/pics4/kenseuroscheme.jpg

Jet Set
01-25-2007, 07:44 AM
Euro prices
PS3 60 GB - 600 euro

SIXAXIS Wireless Controller - 49,99 euro
Blu-ray Disc Afstandsbediening- 24,99 euro
HDMI kabel - 24,99 euro
AV kabel - 16,99 euro
Component AV kabel - 24,99 euro
S Video kabel - 16,99 euro

36chambers
01-25-2007, 04:44 PM
very pricey. Is the PS3 online any good?

I wont be replacing my Fools and Horses DVDs... suckers.

Sexy Jasper
01-25-2007, 04:50 PM
25 for an AV cable?!??!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!

!!!!

Holy crap!

Bloo
01-25-2007, 05:10 PM
I paid 20 for component cables for my Wii...

An HDMI cable usually runs between $50-$100

Sexy Jasper
01-25-2007, 05:24 PM
Yeah but an AV cable is like the simplest thing ever. Fucking rip off.

Jet Set
01-25-2007, 05:50 PM
It would be really interesting to see how this takes off. Will the flagship set sail and go down when its reach its point like the Spanish Armada?

I can't put it pin too it right now. But I'll guess the brandname is still strong. However the price is not the most popular, and since you can just replace the HD with a bigger one, it's not really all that neccasry to buy the 60gb one. O r was that the one with the HDMI output?

IT just won't be the PS2 hype, people certainly have taken insult too the delay.

36chambers
01-26-2007, 05:13 PM
I dont know what to buy, a PS3 or a 360.

Bloo
01-26-2007, 07:36 PM
Honestly right now the 360 would be the better buy. It's got more support and a better lineup. Only thing is the exclusive PS3 games like MGS4 and FFXIII, all depends on what you're willing to give up

36chambers
01-27-2007, 04:34 AM
I have to play MGS4, Ive completed them all up to now so I gotta play the new one. Theres no better charecter than Snake ;)

Jet Set
01-27-2007, 06:08 AM
I have to play MGS4, Ive completed them all up to now so I gotta play the new one. Theres no better charecter than Snake ;)
Tom from the hotdog truck...=:X

I read up that Kojima wanted to be creating games for the PC and that Square Licensed the Unreal Engine. Which could point in the direction of multi platform development. Besides it word around town that Sony didn't exactly closed the exclusives deals right.

shaolinsword
01-27-2007, 06:46 PM
Multi platform gaming is already here. I read somewhere that you can play WoW: Burning Crusade on the 360 but I'm not sure how it's supposed to work seeing as you have hot keys for spells. But at the mo your best bet would be to get a 360 seeing as most of the launch titles are old 360 games, then get a PS3 when MGS4 / FFXIII comes out like I'm gonna and I'm sure other people are as well

Jet Set
01-28-2007, 08:28 AM
There's a game called 4x4 Evolution, from around 7 years back and it was cross platform online too. BUt I was more pointing towards the direction of developing multiplatform.

Ink Is My Drink
01-31-2007, 03:51 PM
fuk ps3 is really getting shitted on. im jus gonna ignore all the hype and see what the launch is like when it hits our shores i dont even mind waiting as i have no money anyway

thing is i really dont want to buy a 360 seems to me like a x box 1.5 rather than an x box 2 if you get me

i couldnt imagine sony fuking up with this console as i think plastation and playstation 2 was the shit but the psp seemed good at first but in my opinion was a waste of time and wasnt properly thoguht through. so basicly i think anyhting could happen. but when its been out a while and mates have got it and shit ill see if it worth spendign my money on it

are there really unsold ps3 consoles in america and japan?

Dr Zayus
01-31-2007, 05:18 PM
It's true. Unsold Japanese stock was repackaged and sent to America to fill the 1 million unit stock quota. I think it's sold 1.2 million worldwide so far, so it's fallen pretty far short of expectations. Because of that, some of the stock still in warehouses will be diverted to Europe, which is a stronghold for Sony.

Frontal Lobotomy
01-31-2007, 05:38 PM
I'm not buying mine til MGS4 comes out anyway.
I hear you need an HD TV to play PS3 too, this true?

Dr Zayus
01-31-2007, 05:47 PM
I don't think so, but I'm sure Sony is just trying to get you to buy one.

Icurus
01-31-2007, 08:32 PM
you dont need a hdtv, dont worry you can still pay 650 for it and enjoy.

shaolinsword
02-01-2007, 02:20 AM
it's just advised to buy a HDTV for a crisper picture (if you wanna buy the correct lead of course)

Jet Set
02-01-2007, 05:57 AM
Just like you should buy a RGB cable instead of the usual AV cable for a better picture with sharper colours. IN the previous generation that was.

You don't need it, but it improves the picture quality by a great deal.

Did any of you see that Aussie launch rpice for the PS3, it's almost double the price of a premium 360 package. 999,95 AUS$.

Alot of the analyst are expecting a price cut within a year, that will be for Jap & Us territory. No word on the rest of the world yet. Spokesperson from SONY have talked about the pricecut in the recent days, taken it into account of the marketing plan. I'm wondering if they will pull one like the XBox did when it launched, cutting the price with 130 euros and giving all people who bougt one early, two free games and a controller. I'm not saying they would do that, but just the price cut, so early in it's life.

shaolinsword
02-01-2007, 12:46 PM
Is it true that someone in USA sold their PS3 for $0.99?

Frontal Lobotomy
02-01-2007, 03:20 PM
you dont need a hdtv, dont worry you can still pay 650 for it and enjoy.
A somewhat alluring concept, I'll just buy both when MGS4 comes out. Gives me time to put the funds together.

pro.Graveface
02-03-2007, 11:57 AM
Ninja Gaiden Sigma also comin to PS3 G's

Ink Is My Drink
02-04-2007, 04:08 PM
i boguht the ps2 as soon as it came out and that was £300 when it first came out so i kind of understand the ps3 being like £400 ima not buy it striaght away prob will buy it a eyar later when theres more good shit out on it and price may have chanegd.

so the price isnt exactly unfair. jus thinking does that make the ps4 £500 when it coems out

Wu-Tality
02-05-2007, 06:45 PM
Man Jet Set, what is it with you and the PS3. Love/Hate relationship? ;)

Seriously, when the PS3 will have its first batch of good games, it's all just going to be the same as last generation.

RynMur
02-06-2007, 01:44 AM
The motor storm demo looked promising.

People are only hating on the PS3 bc they don't have one. PS3 is just like 360 when it came out. There is not many games for it yet, but there will be down the road. You don't have to pay for online play. You don't need an hd tv. And beating games take longer than one hour compared to the 360.

Jet Set
02-06-2007, 06:28 AM
Man Jet Set, what is it with you and the PS3. Love/Hate relationship? ;)

Seriously, when the PS3 will have its first batch of good games, it's all just going to be the same as last generation.
Haha, I can't deny that the games are magic. I can't deny that there are wonderfull features. But I just can't turn a blind eye on the shady business Sony is handling [--sueing Bleem! to death, sueing Lik-Sang to death]. And I just love cheering for underdogs, haha.

Is it true that someone in USA sold their PS3 for $0.99?
Form what I've heard, yes. Somebody, around the launch date, put their PS3 on ebay, only had a 99 cents price at buy now. That was quickly sold. Don't know if the actual deal went through or not. But it was sold at 99 cents.

Just one of the many stories in the PS3 ebay acutions series.

shaolinsword
02-06-2007, 07:07 AM
I'm looking forward to getting a PS3 but the major problem is the price, I don't think many people are gonna pay £425 for it when most of the launch titles are either old 360 games or already released

Ink Is My Drink
02-06-2007, 03:26 PM
the $0.99 playstation 3 sale was a mistake by the bidder they wanted to sell it normal bid style but did it buy it now by mistake and yeh dunno what happened after obviously he said it was a mistake and didnt give it to him

and the loads of left over ps3's in coutnries apparently isnt true

jus out of interest are you lot sponosered by microsoft or do you jus get money every time u sya somehting bad about the sony. its weird

Bloo
02-06-2007, 03:48 PM
Na, I think it just has a lot to do with Sony's marketing strategy. Honestly it sucks. The only reason they still have the market share that they do is because of the 3rd party support they get. If Nintendo and Microsoft could take that away from them then Sony would fall as I feel they were never really true contenders to the throne in the first place.

shaolinsword
02-06-2007, 05:45 PM
I don't blame people for slagging off Sony to tell the truth. The amount of times they've fucked up with the PS3 is one too many times, most people are only going to buy the PS3 for three games;

MGS4
FFXIII
FFXIII vs

Jet Set
02-07-2007, 05:04 AM
the $0.99 playstation 3 sale was a mistake by the bidder they wanted to sell it normal bid style but did it buy it now by mistake and yeh dunno what happened after obviously he said it was a mistake and didnt give it to him

and the loads of left over ps3's in coutnries apparently isnt true

jus out of interest are you lot sponosered by microsoft or do you jus get money every time u sya somehting bad about the sony. its weird

I'm trying to get rich yeah. So on another note,

Blind Item: Why Sony's Not Funding Huge PS3 Sequel (http://kotaku.com/gaming/blind-items/blind-item-why-sonys-not-funding-huge-ps3-sequel-234509.php)

http://kotaku.com/assets/resources/2007/02/kotakupointingfish.jpg
Kotaku Pointing Fish says: Rumors have been swirling that a highly anticipated PS3 game will make its way to the Xbox 360. Sources say they are 99.99999 percent certain that the game won't appear on the Xbox 360. It's a sequel, and the game's maker has funded all of the pricey promo trailers out of its own pocket, receiving nothing from Sony. The reason for this blind PS3 gung-ho support? The creator apparently views American game consoles as inferior and is hesitant to get tangled up in a distant US corporate hierarchy.
Okay, Kotaku-land. Who is it? Three guesses. Get to it. Brian Ashcraft

Haha. Can't help it. My first guess is MGS 4.

Here goes my salary,

Playstation 3 goes to the Opera

Sony's marketing campaign sees them heading to the Opera in order to promote the Playstation 3. According to Saturday's edition of The Times, Sony have sponsored a production of Puccini's La Bohem and will have a Playstation 3 in the foyer of the London Coliseum for attendees to test out the latest games.

"We don't want the PS3 to be pidgeon-holed as a video game," Carl Christopher from Sony PlayStation UK, told The Times. "We want people to look at PlayStation as a brand in a different way."

If these people can afford to go to the Opera, perhaps they might have some loose change to afford the £425 console. Good thinking Sony!

The Guardian have recently revealed that Sony have started an intensive marketing campaign for the PS3, in which they have identified 12 individuals and organisations - ranging from club promoters to artists, fashion industry insiders, Dazed & Confused magazine and even the BBC's 1Xtra - and given them a free hand to create original content inspired by key characteristics of the PS3. Each will then distribute content digitally across a wide range of outlets including their own contacts and fanbases, social networks such as MySpace and Bebo, websites, blogs, and by email.

Source : The Times

Remember when the first Playstations were stacked up in clubs. People could play Wipeout and stuff. All adding to the coolness factor.

TEKKEN®5 DARK RESURRECTION™ EXPLODES ONTO THE PLAYSTATION®3 SYSTEM
Legendary fighting series comes of age on the next generation system
SANTA CLARA, Calif., (February 6, 2007) - Leading video games publisher and developer NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. announced today that TEKKEN®5: Dark Resurrection™, will be available later this month to North American gamers as an exclusive download from the PLAYSTATION® Store for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system.
"We are thrilled to announce that starting later this month, fighting game fans will have the opportunity to experience the ultimate fighting series, TEKKEN, on the PLAYSTATION 3 system, for the first time," said Makoto Iwai, Executive Vice President and COO at NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. "With lightning fast gameplay, gorgeous next-gen graphics and a massive line-up of characters to choose from, TEKKEN 5: Dark Resurrection on the PLAYSTATION 3 system, will deliver the most incredible fighting experience to date as players battle it out to be crowned King of the Iron Fist Tournament".
Boasting new features including the opportunity to play as Jinpachi Mishima, the previously unplayable boss from the arcade game, TEKKEN 5: Dark Resurrection, is a must-have for Tekken fans. The game will also be optimized for the HD era including stunning 1080P visuals and game modes including Arcade Battle which will test players fighting skills in the ultimate showdown, Ghost Battle which allows players to battle CPU ghost opponents in an unlimited series of matches, and a Gallery Mode to view character art and movies. For more information on TEKKEN 5: Dark Resurrection for the PLAYSTATION 3 system, please visit: http://www.namcobandaigames.com/

Nice, Nice. This will def be agame to get on the PS3.
However fighters are not the prominent platform selling titles they were 10 years ago. The whole focused has shifted on the shooters, for good or bad or the queen.

Feel the flOw http://www.gaming-age.com/pics/box-top.gif http://www.gaming-age.com/pics/dot.gif http://www.gaming-age.com/pics/dot.gif
Brief: The PlayStation 3's downloadable high-def zen title gets an official site and a release date.

Soothing and seductive, flOw draws gamers into the evolution of a simple aquatic creature journeying through the surreal abyss. With an embedded design of DDA (dynamic difficulty adjustment), players with differing skill levels can intuitively adjust their game experience and enjoy playing at their own pace. Initially a MFA (Master of Fine Arts) thesis, flOw is a game about piloting an aquatic organism through a surreal biosphere where players consume other organisms, evolve, and advance their organisms into the abyss. Running in Full HD, the stunning graphics and power of PLAYSTATION 3 (PS3) computer entertainment system set the stage for a truly unique gameplay experience.
flOw is scheduled to hit the PlayStation Store on February 22nd, 2007. Learn more about the game: http://www.us.playstation.com/flOw/

This game is superb in every sense.

That evens it out a bit more don't you think. It looks abit like Sony is becoming a sort of Scientology in the gaming. Nothing but bad news. Only dissappointment. Only the long run will tell.

Jet Set
02-08-2007, 05:37 AM
Word is spreading that the 20gb version of the PS3 will come in the summer for a price of 500 euros.

This seems to be a combination of both production problems and a strategy of getting more money from early buyers.

Alcryt
02-08-2007, 12:13 PM
If the ps3 still sucks after a year, with no real decent games for it then i think il have to switch loyalty to a different console.
Or just stick to my pc ^O^

36chambers
02-08-2007, 12:31 PM
I think the 20Gig pack will do me, I still fail to see the use of a 60gig PS3 or 360. Unless your downloading movies, porn and lots of MP3s and such, but thats what a PC is for.

shaolinsword
02-09-2007, 02:51 AM
are they bringing out the 20G model over here now?

Anybody seen the rumours of MS bringing out a 120G 360 before the PS3 launch?

Bloo
02-09-2007, 03:56 AM
yeah I heard the rumors. They also state that it'll be a black 360 with HDMI ports on it too. Will wait and see :)

shaolinsword
02-09-2007, 12:20 PM
http://www.mcvuk.com/Shock-new-deluxe-360-arriving-soon

New ‘deluxe’ 360 arriving soon?

Rumours have surfaced on the web suggesting that a black Xbox 360 with a huge 120GB hard drive is to hit retail soon as a PS3 launch spoiler.
Official Xbox Magazine reports that sources at Australian retail chain Myers have leaked Microsoft’s plans to launch the suped-up console just in time for the launch of PS3 in an attempt to deflect attention from its bitter next-gen rival.

The rumours suggest that the special edition console will retail for AUS$749, which works out as around £295. The sources even suggest that the ‘new’ console has even been demoed to them. The speculation is also all over the Xbox forums, with one poster insisting:

“Just got back from another product knowledge day and official word from Microsoft is that there is a black 360, (black controller too) with HDMI and a 120GB hard drive coming out here soon, for $749. Probably around April, but possibly late March to take on the PS3 launch.”

It is a further hint at the long-standing rumours of a newly improved 360 model that will include a HDMI port and that hugely expanded hard drive.

When MCV contacted Microsoft about the rumours, the firm’s spokesperson could neither confirm or deny the rumours.

“We haven’t announced such a product,” he told MCV. “What we have delivered is the most powerful and affordable video game system on the planet today. And with games like Halo 3, Guitar Hero 2, Mass Effect, Grand Theft Auto 4 and Forza Motorsport 2, the story of the year on Xbox 360 is he games, not the hardware.

36chambers
02-09-2007, 12:41 PM
What do you need 120Gigs for? :lmao:

60 is too much as it is...

shaolinsword
02-09-2007, 12:47 PM
exactly, still seems cool for £295 though

Jet Set
02-09-2007, 02:07 PM
What do you need 120Gigs for? :lmao:

60 is too much as it is...
HD movies and series. Aiming for a household appearance as the main mediacenter for everything.

Jet Set
02-10-2007, 06:48 AM
I'd been damned

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/6/69/SecretNaziPS3.jpg

Adolf Hitler (http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler) is just one mascot in Sony's new advertising campaign.

Ink Is My Drink
02-16-2007, 03:42 PM
jet set you really hate ps3. give it a break }:T

MaXiMus Da MaNtis
02-16-2007, 06:45 PM
i gareentee MGS4 Will Be On 360.....and rumors of a MGSWii In The Works Too.....Sonys Lost It On There Pricing ....its a fucking gaming machine ....where is the entertaining games?