PDA

View Full Version : Crackdown

ironwizard
01-25-2007, 09:52 AM
Anybody tried the demo for this game? Its coming for the 360 on february 20th. If you got a 360 with gold membership you can download the demo now.

This game seems really dope. As some of you might know, its a sandbox game similar to GTA. Only in this game, you play a genetically enhanced agent, trying to bring down crime in the city. The genetically enhanced part basically means that you have super powers, and will be able to jump really high and run really fast, etc. During the course of the game, your different skills will develop, until youre maxed out and can do all types of crazy stuff.

The graphics are really cool, on some pseudo-cel shading tip, which makes it look like a comic book.

Anyways, if you got a 360, download the demo, it is dope!

Im looking forward to this game.

100pr00f
01-25-2007, 01:10 PM
yea i played the whole 30 mins it gives u lol
but yea its ok...
ill prolly get it

Unforgiven
01-25-2007, 04:31 PM
If I wanted to play cell-shaded games, I'd hook my PS2 back up and play Dragonball Z: Budokai...

Bloo
01-25-2007, 04:51 PM
Oh, cel shading ain't goin nowhere anytime soon buddy :) Get used to it.

That and bloom lighting...

brown_dogg
01-25-2007, 11:36 PM
this game comes with an invitation to do the halo 3 beta test.

Bloo
01-26-2007, 12:05 AM
That's how game developers increase the buzz for games they feel are lackluster. Throw another big franchise on top of it to make people buy it.

shaolinsword
01-28-2007, 05:23 AM
I downloaded the demo last night and it sucks. The chance to beta test Halo 3 is good though

Fayth
01-28-2007, 05:49 AM
might downlaod it later - see what its like..

wufan10304
01-28-2007, 10:35 PM
i dont know about yall, but im REALLy feeling this shit. i know this game got mad hype around it. when i first got the demo, i didnt really have expectations, cause i wasnt really feeling the gameplay. i didnt know what the hype was all about. anyway, when i started playing it, i fell in love wit it. the game is mad hot. i like how u gotta get ya stats up so u get stronger, faster, jump higher..etc. its mad dope jumping 30 feet in the air while 15 niggas trying to merk u. its like spiderman on crack. ha ha. it has no real story. u take down different bosses which in the end you are taking down a gang. i know ima COP this when its drops feb 20th

ironwizard
01-29-2007, 12:25 PM
i dont know about yall, but im REALLy feeling this shit. i know this game got mad hype around it. when i first got the demo, i didnt really have expectations, cause i wasnt really feeling the gameplay. i didnt know what the hype was all about. anyway, when i started playing it, i fell in love wit it. the game is mad hot. i like how u gotta get ya stats up so u get stronger, faster, jump higher..etc. its mad dope jumping 30 feet in the air while 15 niggas trying to merk u. its like spiderman on crack. ha ha. it has no real story. u take down different bosses which in the end you are taking down a gang. i know ima COP this when its drops feb 20th

Word, its really crazy. This game seems to be dividing people, either you love it or you hate it. I personally love the art style. The
atmosphere is great too, and its really cool to stand on the roof of a tall building and look all over the city. Its really detailed as well.

Ive yet to try the co-op feature, but from what Ive heard, it should be very dope, with friendly fire on at all times, and no restrictions (players can roam all over the city, completely independent of each other).

My ownly concern is whether the gameplay will become too repetitive, but time will tell...

Im definitely looking forward to this.

wufan10304
01-29-2007, 04:48 PM
Word, its really crazy. This game seems to be dividing people, either you love it or you hate it. I personally love the art style. The
atmosphere is great too, and its really cool to stand on the roof of a tall building and look all over the city. Its really detailed as well.

Ive yet to try the co-op feature, but from what Ive heard, it should be very dope, with friendly fire on at all times, and no restrictions (players can roam all over the city, completely independent of each other).

My ownly concern is whether the gameplay will become too repetitive, but time will tell...

Im definitely looking forward to this.

yeah i hear. ima cop this when it drops on the 20th. i like how its not really a story behind it. you just kinda take down mob bosses and get the city back. most people complain how video game stories suck anyway..ha ha. i havent tried the multiplayer yet either. it sounds dope though. i can imagine u telling ya boy online, ima go left at the boss, and u go right..ha ha. the worlds are mad big too. i guess we will see how repetitive it may be when it drops. i was having fun wit it, and hate when the times runs out..so i think im good. oh yeah, i also cranked up the difficulty as well to make it more interesting. tough is kinda easy to me. but the one above it is just right..ha ha

shaolinsword
01-29-2007, 05:09 PM
I changed my mind about this game now, I played the time limit on the demo just jumping over rooftops and shooting civilians

J-DON
01-29-2007, 09:13 PM
Garbage game. It just doesnt control very well and ive seen way better Cel Shading on PS2 (Okami) Not impressed with feeling like im skating around a non realistic city jumpkicking the fuck out of everybody (well it is cool for a few minutes tops but thats it)

The Cars control like ass, ill just stick to Saints Row.

shaolinsword
01-30-2007, 03:00 AM
yeah the car controls are shit but it don't glitch as much as saints row so there's one good thing about it

WuTangKillaBee
01-31-2007, 03:54 PM
nah all u haters on this game are wrong this shit is hot as hell this game is so good the cel shadin aint bad at all for ur information it uses the Unreal 3 engine.. same engine that powered Gears of War so dont tell me that u seen better graphics on the PS2. Okami didnt create a massive world with no loading with these graphics, and in Crackdown shit never dissapears like if u have a car and park it somewhere it will stay there forever until u come back to it, no Saints Row bs where it is gone the second u turn around. This game will be amazing u will see.

J-DON
02-01-2007, 01:32 PM
Im not hating. I wanted it to be good but it just plays like complete ass homey!

born invincible
02-01-2007, 01:53 PM
im half and half...

it seems to have potential... more than likely this will be a game i rent and not buy!!

Rame
08-22-2009, 07:44 PM
Anyone know if it's any good on pc?

I have no clue on how to play games like this on PC.

shaolinsword
08-23-2009, 04:48 AM
I loved this game, I really hope the second one is as fun as the first

It wouldn't have been so popular if it didn't have the Halo 3 beta though