PDA

View Full Version : New beat: "Flocking to the sea"

Shitao
07-18-2005, 09:40 AM
If you have time take a look at this beat. ;)
And leave comments.

PEACE

Link is my sig

pablobaluba
07-18-2005, 09:44 AM
very interesting drums. i like them a lot. the background is also good. maybe it could have been a bit more complex
peace

Shitao
07-19-2005, 08:29 AM
Thx man ;)

up

Fei Long
07-20-2005, 12:00 PM
You know your beat Addiction....that has the same sample as Xzibit's Recycled Assassins...it's like the same fucking beat except the drum pattern is different.

Shitao
07-20-2005, 01:06 PM
You know your beat Addiction....that has the same sample as Xzibit's Recycled Assassins...it's like the same fucking beat except the drum pattern is different.
I didnt know that.
This sample is "bob james- farandole". Used by a lot of producer. (Dj Mehdi...) A very nice and simple loop.

Feedbacks???? Comments???? :)

Robban
07-21-2005, 07:28 AM
Does DjKrush happens to be your older brother? lol

Xtreamly chilled out stuff you got going there. The more I listen, the deeper I fall in to your state of mind (I guess) and enjoy what I hear.

I really like Jacobs ladder, Crying day and Stigmates, ambient and dreamy tunes. Cellar door too. Dusty piano samples, distant choirs and rumbling in the background is a good mix.

The new one "flocking to the sea" isnt that great in my opinion, the drumloop doesnt fit, too much offbeat and also to loud i think.

The next one, "A lost soul", has a perfect chilled pianosample, but also accompanied by a drumloop that doesnt fit, the fills are too fast.

I really like the feel in your songs, but think theyre a bit boring after a while.
(So is djkrush also I think) Sorry :)

You should listen to "mer piano" on my webpage, that one got the same type of pianosample as you use...funny.

Shitao
07-21-2005, 08:05 AM
Thx a lot Robban. Very interesting comment.
And yes, a lot of my beats are boring :) I'm work on it ;) Thx son.

And your sounds are.....amazing....really...

PEACE (and "falling" is...one of the best sound I'have ever heard here)

Fei Long
07-21-2005, 02:11 PM
Yeah it seems a lot of your beats have interesting drums but sometimes they don't really fit the sample. They would have unexpected pauses here and there and sound kind of random. But you got a cool sound though. It's like your beats would be GREAT for skits.

Shitao
07-21-2005, 03:20 PM
Thx Fei long

It's like your beats would be GREAT for skits.

My beats aren't instrumental for rap on it. Just ambient sounds. ;)

Siris
07-23-2005, 01:17 AM
Nice work Shitao, keep them beatz commin. Ima need 1 soon.

Yourz Truly,
Siris