PDA

View Full Version : Def Jam Icon Demo

wufan10304
01-29-2007, 03:42 PM
this thursday there will be a Def Jam Icon Demo on Xbox live. u can either play as TI or Big Boi. im excited about this. it looks good, but the gameplay looks shitty. i think they going for a more real look, thats why the people move slow as shit. but, i guess we see this thursday!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6164905.html?tag=latestnews;title;3

shaolinsword
01-29-2007, 04:05 PM
it's not US only is it? The game look good

pneumatic
01-30-2007, 09:39 AM
It is cool how the environment moves with the music and such. I hope GFK and Meth make the cut.

Fayth
01-30-2007, 10:49 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=g566j2H4WXo

looks kinda weird but cool

36chambers
01-30-2007, 02:33 PM
Whats the deal with this? Is it like the other Def Jam games, fighter game? Or do you have 2 make music in it?

Sean
01-31-2007, 12:22 PM
It's a fighting game but with some weird extra features involving music. There is a track playing in the background and it affects the gameplay. The environment gets all destroyed by the beat and you can scratch the record in certain ways to make your opponent get hurt. It's hard to explain. It also says that you can "live the hip-hop lifestyle going from rags to riches"

Here's a link to an IGN hands on with the game:

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/754/754183p1.html

Fayth
01-31-2007, 01:31 PM
it sounds aiight, but i think it would be cool without this new music feature

Jet Set
02-01-2007, 06:05 AM
Its not hitting this week.

some time soon

J-DON
02-01-2007, 12:24 PM
While I always thought the whole premise of the Def Jam games was kind of stupid I played the fuck out of Def Jam Fight For NY because it used a similar game engine to the N64 wrestlers that I loved (WCW vs NWO Revenge anyone?)

But now theyve revamped the fighting engine from what ive seen and im kinda iffy on how it might turn out. From what ive seen Its supposed to be that when you are dominating the match your characters track takes over and stuff happens in the environment to damage the other fighter and you can do these scratch moves with one of the sticks for additional damage. Graphically it looks like they used the Fight Night 3 engine which is incredibly realistic.

From what I know the demo comes out tonight so im gonna check for it when I get home from work.

Edit: Fuck, I just read about the delay

BOOOOOO EA BOOOO!!!

Fayth
02-01-2007, 12:32 PM
(WCW vs NWO Revenge anyone?)

that game was fuckin awesome, knockin the hell outa my mates with random weapons.........shit i wonder if i still got that game - thanks for the reminder man

Razorsharp
02-01-2007, 01:26 PM
the movement seems helllla slow, and like sluiggish... no grappling?? WTF!!!

hopefully they speed it up

Fayth
02-01-2007, 02:11 PM
the movement seems helllla slow, and like sluiggish... no grappling?? WTF!!!

hopefully they speed it up

there might be like a "game speed" thing in the options, they had that in a lot of fighting games - like Street Fighter

36chambers
02-01-2007, 02:12 PM
Droppin March I believe with the drop of the PS3 in europe.

Tangaz
02-01-2007, 09:01 PM
Am I the only one that thought that Fight for NY was incredibly sluggish and boring to play?

If they're changin' it up a bit, I'm all for it. But this music aspect...I dunno...

Bloo
02-02-2007, 04:31 AM
the videos I've seen so far really don't make this game look appealing. For one, is every character in the game able to do that record scratch move? if so then that's really lame. And what about the repeated phrases the rappers keep dropping?

it's 2007 ya'll, We have compression technology up the ass. We have storage media that can hold 50 plus gigs on one disc. You can't tell me they can't add more content. There's no reason why any of those characters should repeat any one phrase in a given fight. Hell I'll take it even further and say in a single game. And there's no reason at all why any character should share the same moves. Every fucking rapper in there should have their own individual moves that only they can do, they;re gonna throw a $60 price tag on this shit I'm sure but the shit's only worth $25 at best.

Thank god I'm not president of EA, I would've fired the creative staff...

pneumatic
02-02-2007, 01:42 PM
Here is the soundtrack:

Big Boi (i.e., Purple Ribbon All-Stars feat. Big Boi): Kryptonite
E-40: Tell Me When To Go and Go Hard or Go Home
Fat Joe: Make It Rain
Ghostface: The Champ (Remix)
Jim Jones: Crunk Muzik and We Fly High
Konkrete feat. Big Boi: What's that Smell
Lil Jon: Get Crunk
Lil Jon and the Eastside Boys: Get Low
Ludacris: Get Back
M.O.P.: Ante Up
Method Man and Redman: Da Rockwilder
Mike Jones: Back Then and Got it Sewed Up (Remix)
Nas: Hate Me Now
Paul Wall: Sittin' Sidewayz and Trill
Redman: Rush Da Security and Let's Go
Sean Paul: Head in the Zone and All Out
T.I.: What You Know and Top Back
The Game: One Blood and Scream on 'Em
Young Jeezy: I Do This and Soul Survivor
Young Joc: It's Going Down

From www.qj.net

wufan10304
02-02-2007, 07:05 PM
out of all them songs, only 8 def jam artists..? thats fucked up. it is called DEF JAM ICON. im pissed about the delay on the demo. im afraid this game is going to be fucking dumb. the graphics is hot, but the gameplay looks ass. at least EA dropped the Nba Street demo..that shit is hot! lol

Fayth
02-02-2007, 07:11 PM
.................some songs will be aiite, most wont, ill be playin TV on mute or Ipod or some shit

Sean
02-06-2007, 04:41 PM
You can use your own music for the scratching feature thing. The developers were saying how they used like 80s pop music and shit in it.

And yeah that NBA Street demo is god damn amazing. I must have played about 100 games in the 3 or 4 days I have had it.

shaolinsword
02-06-2007, 05:48 PM
I'm not liking the idea of having to manage someone to tell the truth, the only reason I play the Def Jam games is to beat people up

EAGLE EYE
02-06-2007, 07:52 PM
TI in a fighting game? That would be like beating on a child.

wufan10304
02-07-2007, 04:00 PM
the demo drops tomorrow! for real this time. EA Pushed it back because they wanted a wide release..its just a damn demo! anyway, hopefully this wont be another game EA fucked up.. but everytime i look at the gameplay..it looks like shit. graphics is hot as shit. dont get me wrong..but i seen no blazing moves, and grapple moves..just kicks and punches and throws like "pit fighter" but we will see tomorrrow..

teamxbox.com you can read about the demo tomorrow on the front page

NIGHT MAYOR
02-08-2007, 01:55 AM
5QW_7J-0GgE

i think the demo vid where the dude was explaining things was a slowed down version

NIGHT MAYOR
02-08-2007, 01:56 AM
dude sounds like game.

Sean
02-08-2007, 12:34 PM
That's because that is Game...

Anyway I just downloaded the demo and have played it through twice so far. It is very short, only about 2 or 3 minutes of gameplay before it automatically stops. It is ok. the fighting is pretty sluggish but it is ok, when you puch someone there is a real impact. I can't really work out how to use the scratching thing yet, every time I try it he just does the little scratch movement and then shrugs his shoulders.

Tangaz
02-08-2007, 04:51 PM
Yeah, I just played it too a few times. The game is pure pus. A fuckin' waste of time.
Slow, generic, and boring as all hell to play. Not to mention shithouse graphics and annoyingly repeated catch phrases.

Fuck. And I was looking forward to this.

Sean
02-09-2007, 09:07 AM
I thought it was ok. I'll probably only rent it, though.

ironwizard
02-09-2007, 03:07 PM
Nice graphics, boring gameplay

Tangaz
02-09-2007, 03:19 PM
Nice graphics for a PS2 game maybe! C'mon, stop bein' so lenient!
Have you seen Virtua Fighter, Dead Or Alive, or even EA's boxing game on the same system that are maybe a year older than this? Tekken on PS2 shits all over this!

Drivvle like this should be canned to hell so that maybe the companies behind them will step up their game a bit.

J-DON
02-09-2007, 06:30 PM
Youre insane, the graphics are beautiful on this game. The gameplay is another story.

wufan10304
02-15-2007, 11:13 PM
iight, i fianlly got the chance to play def jam icon. i left my xbox at home, while im in college. so im home for the weekend. anyway, i played it about 10 times now, and im not sure if i like it, or i dont. ha ha. the graphics are sick as shit. espically in HD. i really wish they never had that wack fucking turntable mixshit. that is so retarded. the controls are not the best either. i really just wish EA stuck with AKI When making this game. the only grapples you can really do, you have to throw your opponet 10 feet in the air. it seems like only a two on two game..so i guess 4 on 4 games are thrown out the window. i had high expectations for this game because i loved the last two. i guess its clear to say that EA really fucked up a good franchise game. i see trying to get new ideas in a game, but they just fucked up bad. the game is mad slow. kicking someone 10 feet in the air is gay. i just dont like it. i wish EA realized that fighting games shoud stay the same how they are, and they will still be successful. ever heard of Tekken? Soul Calibar? Dead or Alive? Virtua Fighter? Street fighter? they kept the same formula and look at them. they had it down pat, but lost the ball. too bad EA just didnt make another fight for new york with these graphics. ima have to pass on buying, but ill rent it..

with graphics like this! i wish it had the same fighting engine has fight for New York!..to bad the gameplay is trash!
http://images.xboxyde.com/gallery/public/4901/1167_0023.jpg

http://images.xboxyde.com/gallery/public/4901/1167_0028.jpg

http://images.xboxyde.com/gallery/public/4901/1167_0034.jpg

Bloo
02-16-2007, 12:52 AM
Damn, they got the detail down to the tee even down to Redman's ingrown hairs :)

But na, I'ma skip this like I skipped the first two.

shaolinsword
02-16-2007, 02:10 AM
I downloaded the demo, played it once and got my ass handed to me, so I deleted it never to be played again :(

AcidPhosphate69
02-16-2007, 02:32 AM
I think some people are putting too much pressure on a demo. Graphics look hot as shit but the gameplay is what is gonna make or break it. Repeated catch phrases in a demo isn't anything to get uppity about...I mean, it's a demo. I'd wait to read a couple reviews about the game and maybe cop it after more people have played the finished product.

Sean
02-20-2007, 04:12 PM
http://images.xboxyde.com/gallery/public/4901/1167_0023.jpg

Shit, Meth needs to lose weight, look at that double chin.

But yeah as Acid said, I'm gonna wait some reviews and rent it, then maybe I'll buy it if I like it.

bizzlez
02-20-2007, 05:57 PM
I never liked fighting/wrestling type games

the last one I enjoyed was WWF No Mercy, for Nintendo 64

Rame
06-30-2008, 11:07 AM
Copped this about 2 weeks ago, at discount price ofcourse.

Does anyone still play this game? (PS3)

STYLE
06-30-2008, 02:17 PM
big vs pac???
this game deserves a play just to do this
LdpWZrhe_P0

KZA
06-30-2008, 02:40 PM
this game is crap.. i hope they make a new one with the old fighting system

Rame
06-30-2008, 03:33 PM
Lol, they probably couldn't make Biggie any fatter.

I think it's quite good, not that different of the previous versions.

I do wonder why you can't go to the gym anymore.

The ability to build a label during the game is a nice addition.

JRoll
06-30-2008, 05:48 PM
That game sucked. Bring back the first 2 games. Those were awesome. I traded Icon in. It sucked.