PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Cable Question

RynMur
02-03-2007, 05:10 AM
1.) I have a 720p tv w/ 1 hdmi input. I just bought an hdmi cable. Now do I have to hook up the hdmi cable and the av cable at the same time or can the ps3 & the tv work at the same time off just the hdmi cable?

2.) Should I buy the PS3 HD AV Cables if I already have an HDMI cable? (For better picture, better timing, and overall work better than the HDMI?)
And any recommendations on which brand?

3.) Will a PS2 HD AV Cable work the same for a PS3.

Bloo
02-03-2007, 10:06 AM
1.) I have a 720p tv w/ 1 hdmi input. I just bought an hdmi cable. Now do I have to hook up the hdmi cable and the av cable at the same time or can the ps3 & the tv work at the same time off just the hdmi cable?
Well HDMI is cappable of transferring Audio and Video signals. So you should only need to use the HDMI cable.

2.) Should I buy the PS3 HD AV Cables if I already have an HDMI cable? (For better picture, better timing, and overall work better than the HDMI?)
And any recommendations on which brand?
HDMI is gonna give you the best Video and Audio quality. The HD AV cables would be a step down.

3.) Will a PS2 HD AV Cable work the same for a PS3.
I'm assuming they would seeing as how the PS3 has the same AV Multi output that the PS2 does, but again it wouldn't have as good a picture quality.

Hopefully this answered your questions.