PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Achievements To Surpass 1000 Points

Fayth
02-04-2007, 04:38 AM
Microsoft have decidied to revise its rules for Achievements, allowing up to an extra 250 points to be gained through downloadable content.

In an article posted on Gamerscore Blog they have outlined the 3 commandments publishers must follow in ering Achievements in-game to the consumer. In doing so they have also revealed that, after an initial purchase that guarantees a gamer 1000 points per game, an additional 250 points can be included in downloadable content. In the case of a game that at launch has only 900 points available, the additional 100 will always be offered via free downloads.

Here is the description in full;

All regular disc-based games MUST have 1,000 Gamerscore in the base game. This means that any consumer who buys a retail game will have the opportunity to unlock the full 1,000 Gamerscore without having to pay for any add-on content. Note that a publisher may decide to deliver a portion of this Gamerscore via add-on content, but the add-on content will always be free to the consumer.

Game publishers will have the option to deliver another 250 incremental Gamerscore on top of the 1,000 via add-on content from Marketplace. This add-on content could be either free or paid. So if you complete a game and earn the full 1,000 GS, you could by getting new add-on content earn up to a total of 1,250 points from a game.

Xbox Live Arcade games will operate in similar fashion, but given the size of these titles they will allow you to earn up to 200 Gamerscore from every game and up to another 50 points from add-on content.

Whilst there have been inconsistencies in the past, from here on in this is the gospel. So all the Gamerscore 'whores' out there who have shunned downloadbale content that offers no further reward in terms of Achievements now have the option of picking up an additional 250 points for any retail title and a further 50 from an Arcade game.

For instance, instead of having the standard 1000 achievement points, Crackdown will ship with 900 points. Microsoft confirmed to 1UP that the remaining achievement points would be made available for free as a download.

Sexy Jasper
02-04-2007, 06:03 AM
Yeah, but what can you actually do with these achievement points? Nothing really, right?

shaolinsword
02-04-2007, 06:30 AM
Nope, can't do anything with them. Just shows everyone else how good a gamer you are

The extra 100 points for Crackdown should come with the halo 3 beta

Fayth
02-04-2007, 06:33 AM
Yeah, but what can you actually do with these achievement points? Nothing really, right?

yeah they done really do anything, the ammount of points you have can be viewed on your profile to show people what you have completed in certain games - pretty pointless but still lol

Sexy Jasper
02-04-2007, 06:50 AM
It's ridiculously pointless. I play games for fun, not for some fucking gamer points that don't mean shit. Microsoft should have made it so you can spend your points at the Marketplace and download add-ons etc.

Fayth
02-04-2007, 06:52 AM
It's ridiculously pointless. I play games for fun, not for some fucking gamer points that don't mean shit. Microsoft should have made it so you can spend your points at the Marketplace and download add-ons etc.

yeah, i think they should have done something like when you get 200 points (for example) you get a secret stage, new character etc

Jet Set
02-04-2007, 07:46 AM
Its e-rep, and Microsoft is looking at how they can reward gamers.

On the e-rep, people can now actually see if their competitor is really the gamer he says he is. Sort of that way you can olook at people. Also it could just be that those people just have a lot of time on their hands. Or alot of money to buy all the games.

Fayth
02-04-2007, 07:53 AM
yeah my gamerscore pretty high but i jus get games from mates or rent em out