PDA

View Full Version : Mind of Mencia

TheMASSIVE
07-18-2005, 05:36 PM
So who saw ‘Mind of Mencia’ on Comedy Central yet? I saw the first couple of episodes and I liked it, not as good as watching him live but still really funny. While watching it I thought to myself… It’s about damn time he got his own TV show! I've been a fan of Carlos Mencia for about 10 years now and I never understood why he wasn't on TV or in movies because he is undeniably hilarious. I see his stand up act at the Improv every time he’s there. He's non-stop, constantly funny, I mean... My face hurts from laughing so much after one of his shows! I also like Paul Rodriguez, John Leguizamo, and George Lopez, but when it comes to Latino Comics… With out a doubt, Carlos is the best! I've watched allot of stand up comedians and I have to say he ranks right up there with the greatest of comics! To me his name should be right along stand up comedians like George Carlin, Richard Pryor, Bill Maher, Eddie Murphy, Sam Kinnison, Chris Rock, Jerry Seinfeld, Martin Lawrence, Robin Williams, & Dave Chappelle. He is the perfect blend of witty intellectualism & raunchy vulgarity, I love it! Fuck whatchu mighta heard from da haters, callin him stupid n shit, the cat is most definitely scholastically inclined!! I think most of em' just have problems with his non-political correctness. Ya’ll gotta see him live where he can really unleash, Mencia is truly fearless in the comedic sense!!!

Check out some of his stuff online...
www.CarlosMencia.com (http://www.carlosmencia.com/) & www.comedycentral.com/shows/mind_of_mencia/index.jhtml (http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/mind_of_mencia/index.jhtml)

Mixtape Mutt
07-18-2005, 09:22 PM
I think he's ok. Better than that Andy Milanakis faggot.

Bedlam
07-18-2005, 09:25 PM
Mencia is lame as shit, all he does is be the opposite of whatever is politically correct, acting like hes so great for makin fun of people. I dont have anything against making fun of people, its just that this guy is a gimmick who isnt very funny. I watched his stand up and his show, and I barely cracked a smile

Mixtape Mutt
07-18-2005, 09:54 PM
I got the perfect solution, you should fight him. Fight Carlos Mencia, fight him man....fight him.

Bedlam
07-18-2005, 10:01 PM
You think I wont? he better not come round here...

Mixtape Mutt
07-18-2005, 10:08 PM
Lol, just do the shit we talk about in the death thread thingy.

TheMASSIVE
07-19-2005, 12:38 AM
Mencia is lame as shit, all he does is be the opposite of whatever is politically correct, acting like hes so great for makin fun of people. I dont have anything against making fun of people, its just that this guy is a gimmick who isnt very funny. I watched his stand up and his show, and I barely cracked a smileYour opinion is that he's lame, which is fine being that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but he's most definitely not just a gimmick. Have you ever seen him perform live in person? Oh, muh bad, that's right... You're 16! I don't even know why I should expect you to catch the subtle nuances of insightful perception through his impeccable delivery. The way he uses observational comedy to point out society’s hypocrisies regardless of the race, religion, or culture hasn’t been done as well since comedic legend George Carlin! I enjoy his empowering message to stop blaming everyone and everything for our shortcomings as a society. The reverence with which he speaks of our great country and the opportunities it represents has a poignant message. Ultimately, his goal is to use laughter as a unifying force so people recognize the importance of not only laughing at him and his jokes, but most importantly laughing at themselves. In a world filled with stress and fear Mencia takes these problems and shows people how to laugh about life by breaking the complexities of the world stage down to a level that's individual and human. Maybe that’s your problem, your inability to laugh at yourself.

Bedlam
07-19-2005, 01:00 AM
naw, you got me all wrong, I can definatly laugh at myself

I see what your saying, I agree with Mencia's message. We do all need to stop taking everything so seriously, and laugh a little.

But, I really don't like Mencia's style. He gives off this vibe, where he thinks what hes doing is so great or something, and I really dont like it. His whole style just doesnt work for me. Thats all I'm trying to say. I can see how alot of people enjoy his humor, i dont have any problem with that.

and please stop with the "your 16, so you dont understand anything" All of the older people at this site act like 16 yearolds are retarded.

ight man? Peace

AcidPhosphate69
07-19-2005, 05:38 AM
Yeah, I agree. Mencia sort of sucks. He's nowhere near as talented as any of those names you listed. It's like he thinks he's the only comedian to say radical things about society. Ever hear of Bill Hicks? That guy was hilarious in a weird, conversational way. Mencia is just some fat guy that watchs the news and thinks he's picking apart world culture with his comedy. He just touchs on all the shit we've already heard before, Hispanics do this, black do that, whites do another thing, etc. It's not genius and it barely registers as comedy. Whoopdy do, people are different. I never would have guessed.

TheMASSIVE
07-19-2005, 05:59 PM
He gives off this vibe, where he thinks what hes doing is so great or something, and I really dont like it.....
That's because what he's doing is great... I'm sensing a little jealously here. Are you upset that he's been one of the most popular touring comedians in the country for years now with a huge, dedicated following?

.....and please stop with the "your 16, so you dont understand anything" All of the older people at this site act like 16 yearolds are retarded.
I'm not saying you don't understand anything... I'm just saying maybe the reason you think he's a lame gimmick is because you’re not mature enough to see past comedy to decipher the jewel inside... But maturity is only part age, the rest is mental, and I'll agree that there are allot of older people than you here that are immature, but I wouldn't go as far as to call them retarded...
That's just further showing and proving your immaturity.

TheMASSIVE
07-21-2005, 02:12 AM
Yeah, I agree. Mencia sort of sucks. He's nowhere near as talented as any of those names you listed. It's like he thinks he's the only comedian to say radical things about society. Ever hear of Bill Hicks? That guy was hilarious in a weird, conversational way. Mencia is just some fat guy that watchs the news and thinks he's picking apart world culture with his comedy. He just touchs on all the shit we've already heard before, Hispanics do this, black do that, whites do another thing, etc. It's not genius and it barely registers as comedy. Whoopdy do, people are different. I never would have guessed.
Most of the stuff you are referring to is very remedial rudimentary material… Like Taco Bell jokes, that is Latino comedy 101. I'm sorry to tell you but all Latino comedians start off with those jokes, "all" of them… From Freddy Prinze, who did jokes about roaches in his home to Paul Rodriguez who pulled out a knife and called it the Mexican Express card, to Carlos Mencia and Taco Bell jokes… Besides, do you know how many comics touch on the same things… Borrowing, rephrasing, and recycling jokes? Yes, even Bill Hicks, who I enjoyed while he was around. Truth is there is more to Mencia and his racial stereotyping than meets the eye, there is a great level of intellectualism you are failing to see… Did you even read my second post on the first page? I don’t think you are alone though, I think many will fail to see the genius of it all because they are narrow minded dogmatic creatures who will fear and reject contemplation of a free-thinking philosophy because they are idealistic fundamentalists. To them I say… It’s okay to think about things from different perspectives and even laugh at laugh at things you don’t necessarily agree with… It’s comedy!

U-Samurai
07-21-2005, 02:35 AM
Hahahahah you foos crack me up. Well being mexican i thought the show was muthafuckin hilarious....

U-Samurai
07-21-2005, 02:36 AM
yo massive hows west palm????, i used to live there back in the day.

AcidPhosphate69
07-21-2005, 09:00 AM
narrow minded dogmatic creatures who will fear and reject contemplation of a free-thinking philosophy because they are idealistic fundamentalists
So, I'm narrow-minded because I don't agree that a second rate comedian is talented? So, if I reject a free-thinking philosophy, why do I have the ability to disargee with your opinion? If I agreed with you just because you tried to convince me, then I would truly reject free thought. You're not enlightened because you watch a show on Comedy Central. Grow up.

Also, you realize he only has a show because Dave Chappelle doesn't want to do a third season.

TUCO
07-21-2005, 09:04 AM
im a proud latino and LOVE latino humour, no doubt....but Mencia just aint that funny...plain an simple yo.....i seen him on stand up and its just kinda boring....same shit....seems like all modern day comedians just HAVE to be against EVRYTHING.....what happened to crackin jokes bout music or they families or just watever u know.....i'd rather watch some George Lopez or Paul Rodriguez anyday....aint dissin ya opinion Massive...jus stating mine

peace

Definitive X
07-21-2005, 10:40 AM
Dude is funny...I laughed a lot at his shit..."Hate crimes against Hindus have gone up 200% since 9/11...for you idiots, that's five times, okay?" That ghost of Johnnie Cochrane was funny as fuck: "If a chick breaks ya dick, it just ain't that thick"...had me rollin'!

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
07-21-2005, 10:44 AM
the show bored me...The Daily Show is even more interesting (I die laughing watching that shit.......)

I WANNA FUCKIN SEE THAT ARIES SPEARS STAND UP AGAIN, THAT SHIT WAS HILARIOUS!!!!!!!

Definitive X
07-21-2005, 10:45 AM
Last night's (Wednesday, for every1 in other countries) was the funniest yet...I still can't get over the Johnnie Cochrane shit..."If you swim with the fish, you one dead bitch!"

Bedlam
07-21-2005, 12:02 PM
That's because what he's doing is great... I'm sensing a little jealously here. Are you upset that he's been one of the most popular touring comedians in the country for years now with a huge, dedicated following?

Why would I be jealous of a comedian? It's not like I'm a comedian competing against him.

I'm not saying you don't understand anything... I'm just saying maybe the reason you think he's a lame gimmick is because you’re not mature enough to see past comedy to decipher the jewel inside... But maturity is only part age, the rest is mental, and I'll agree that there are allot of older people than you here that are immature, but I wouldn't go as far as to call them retarded...
That's just further showing and proving your immaturity.MASSIVE, re-read my statement closely, i didn't call anyone retarded, I was saying that alot of the older people THINK that 16 yearolds are retarded.

I dont see why do you have to insult everyone who doesnt agree with your views on Mencia. No one has insulted you yet, but you feel the need to call us narrow minded dogmatic creatures? Chill out man, we're all Wu fam, no need to insult everyone.

Peace TheMASSIVE

TheMASSIVE
07-23-2005, 03:25 AM
So, I'm narrow-minded because I don't agree that a second rate comedian is talented? So, if I reject a free-thinking philosophy, why do I have the ability to disargee with your opinion? If I agreed with you just because you tried to convince me, then I would truly reject free thought. You're not enlightened because you watch a show on Comedy Central. Grow up.

Also, you realize he only has a show because Dave Chappelle doesn't want to do a third season.
Here is what I said regarding that statement...
I think many will fail to see the genius of it all because they are narrow minded dogmatic creatures who will fear and reject contemplation of a free-thinking philosophy because they are idealistic fundamentalists.
I didn't say you were narrow-minded... I said you wouldn't be alone in failing to see the level of intellectualism because there are many people who are dogmatic, they are comfortable with keeping their beliefs regardless if they are right or wrong because they are most likely lazy and don't like to think and they are filled with fear of damnation for questioning what is most likely an inherited belief system. By the way I never claimed to be enlightened because I watch comedy central. Also, I been watching him do stand up for a while now and at his shows for about two years now he’s been talking about developing this show with comedy central. Wayyy before Dave Chappelle decided to disappear right before filming his third season and went on his "spiritual retreat" in South Africa!

mashqauck
07-23-2005, 03:30 AM
dave chapelle better then all the rest? si?

TheMASSIVE
07-23-2005, 03:30 AM
im a proud latino and LOVE latino humour, no doubt....but Mencia just aint that funny...plain an simple yo.....i seen him on stand up and its just kinda boring....same shit....seems like all modern day comedians just HAVE to be against EVRYTHING.....what happened to crackin jokes bout music or they families or just watever u know.....i'd rather watch some George Lopez or Paul Rodriguez anyday....aint dissin ya opinion Massive...jus stating mine

peaceP.E.A.C.E...... I respect that. One's man's treasure may be another man's trash. I'm just happy we have the freedom to disagree.

TheMASSIVE
07-23-2005, 03:58 AM
Why would I be jealous of a comedian? It's not like I'm a comedian competing against him.

MASSIVE, re-read my statement closely, i didn't call anyone retarded, I was saying that alot of the older people THINK that 16 yearolds are retarded.

I dont see why do you have to insult everyone who doesnt agree with your views on Mencia. No one has insulted you yet, but you feel the need to call us narrow minded dogmatic creatures? Chill out man, we're all Wu fam, no need to insult everyone.

Peace TheMASSIVE
Okay, I re-read your statement closely… I misunderstood what you were saying. I’m not trying to insult anyone… I’m just stating my thoughts, if that offends somebody to the point where they feel they have to retaliate in defense it’s not my fault they are overly-defensive to the point where they feel they’re under a verbal attack. Also, I wasn’t calling you narrow-minded dogmatic creatures, read my last couple of posts… P.E.A.C.E.

Definitive X
08-07-2005, 11:38 PM
This show has gotten better week by week...

adedwutang
08-08-2005, 12:15 AM
i dont wanna say that massive is dickridin or watever but u really ridin this guys dick, sayin u been followin him for 10 yrs,cmon man hes just some fuckin comic that thinks hes revolutionizing the whole standup shit by tellin people to speak there mind, yea hes got some funny jokes but u need to chill wit that

Witty
08-08-2005, 02:33 AM
I don't find him that funny...i saw his comedy central stand up special and thought it was pretty good, but I just flat out didnt laugh at his show at all. the one thing he does that pisses me off is:

Mencia tells a joke about someone doing something stupid...like I remember "I saw a sign on a local store that said 'Open 7 days a week....Even Sundays'"

*audience laughs*

Mencia: Now some of you arent laughing...and that concerns me.

*Mencia breaks out into retarded impression mocking someone who would think there are more than 7 days in a week.*

Now this might be funny every once and a while, but it seems like he does it for every joke. Also....Its cool hes not worried about being politically correct all the time, but he touches on the most cliche stereotypes of each type of person he talks about. hes better than everyone on Comicview (which isnt saying much) but I would not put him up there with legends like Leguizamo, Rock, Murphy, Pryor and Cosby or even with future legends like Jon Stewart and Chapelle.

Now, 80's Eddie Murphy is the master of not being politically correct to me.

But everyone has their opinions on whats funny, so I'm not hating on that, just my opinion.

peace

Big Risk
08-08-2005, 02:56 AM
I think hes soooo fuckin funny. Hes like one joke away from being the mexican Dave Chappelle.

TheMASSIVE
08-16-2005, 09:30 PM
i dont wanna say that massive is dickridin or watever but u really ridin this guys dick, sayin u been followin him for 10 yrs,cmon man hes just some fuckin comic that thinks hes revolutionizing the whole standup shit by tellin people to speak there mind, yea hes got some funny jokes but u need to chill wit that
I don't wanna say that adedwutang is bein a cockgobbler or whateva... Oh wait, yeah I do. Chu talkin bout I gotta chill wit that? Watching his show? Seeing him live? Biggin him up online? U crazy mayn... I'll do how I do when I do what I do, nah mean?!?