PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Dark

Lil' Ruger
02-04-2007, 08:01 PM
anybody remeber this game? i'm talkin bout the original one for N64 not that new cheap knock off....the old one is the shit....anyone know what i'm speakin on?

brown_dogg
02-04-2007, 11:31 PM
ahhh man this game was THE SHIT. i like how it had simulants that you add so you could play multiplayer with just one person. or you could get four ppl and add like 8 computer players and have some massive fun. the secondary function of the guns was cool too.

shit man haha this is reminding me of everything the game had. the agressive simulants, the campaign was cool. how you could kinda make your own character.

i was really disappointed with the version that came out for the 360. i was hoping it'd be good, but it they butchered it.

Lil' Ruger
02-04-2007, 11:53 PM
i wish they would take another crack at it and not change much maybe make it so u can have 24 sims or something i liked the levels my dad still has this i go to his house and play it still :)

brown_dogg
02-05-2007, 12:24 AM
yea my nintendo's still set up. so sometimes i play that when i wanna go back to square hands and no facial expressions haha.

Lil' Ruger
02-05-2007, 01:14 AM
lol i wish they made a version with online and vehicles that would be KICK ASS!

Bloo
02-05-2007, 02:11 AM
PD is one of the N64's shining jewels. Na, fuck that, it IS the N64's jewel. Better than Goldeneye by far... Yes I said it! I still have a copy even though I no longer have a 64.

PD was the first time I was really able to get my GF to play a first person shooter. She loved the multiplayer. I used to fuck with her and use the sniper rifle that could shoot through walls. good times indeed :)

More than anything I think they should've included the original PD as an unlockable in PD Zero. I would love to see this game on the Wii's Virtual Console but it would never happen :(

Frontal Lobotomy
02-05-2007, 08:08 AM
Smash Bros was the only great multiplayer game on N64. Could never stomach how slow Perfect Dark and Goleneye were.

Fayth
02-05-2007, 11:20 AM
PD on N64 was amazin

Miliato
02-05-2007, 12:08 PM
hah my boy just brought out the 64 the other night.......played mad classics; Super Smash, No Mercy, MK Trilogy

anyone play the new Perfect Dark for 360, Its got an ill multiplayer, for a while i was feelin it more than Halo

Fayth
02-05-2007, 01:29 PM
hah my boy just brought out the 64 the other night.......played mad classics; Super Smash, No Mercy, MK Trilogy

anyone play the new Perfect Dark for 360, Its got an ill multiplayer, for a while i was feelin it more than Halo

yeah i got that, its ok, i cant play it for too long though, i get annoyed at the multiplayer, people take it too seriously...still pretty cool

Rebel_INS
02-05-2007, 01:32 PM
Haha yea man, I used to get on this back in the day with friends on multi-player lol. Dont care for the Xbx360 one much though.

CID DIGITAL
02-05-2007, 02:11 PM
That laptop gun is tha shit. There was a poll of best video game weapons on vh1 and the laptop gun was high up on the list.

Urban_Journalz
02-05-2007, 02:31 PM
That laptop gun is tha shit.

Indeed. Indeed. The Laptop Gun, The Rifle that shot through walls, and that rocket launcher that would track you were the sexiest damn guns in the game.

On the whole, that game is a certifiable classic. The storyine was dope, and I like how they gave you a training facility to practice with all your weapons. The levels, were somethin' else though. So many ways to kill and be killed. GoldenEye was dope, but Perfect Dark kicked it's royal ass. I coppin' another 64 JUST to get that game.

zeppelin2k
02-05-2007, 02:48 PM
just buy timesplitters 2
from the makers of goldeneye
for ps2
closest thing to goldeneye you are going to find and it is has what PD n64 had plus way more

Urban_Journalz
02-05-2007, 03:08 PM
I was thinkin' about TimeSplitters recently. Would you say that TS2 is the best of the series??

Fayth
02-05-2007, 04:22 PM
the laptop gun was class

Lil' Ruger
02-05-2007, 06:25 PM
laptop gun was crazy....i loved how u reloaded the cyclone the scanning type thing.....and that light blue alien sniper i think its called the XRY5 was the shit

Urban_Journalz
02-09-2007, 09:23 PM
Answer me this y'all. I haven't played the new PD for 360, but I hear that it's a bit of a joke compared to it's older N64 brother. Can someone tell me exactly what's wrong with this new one?? I hear that you have to sacrifice at least one gun of yours if you want to take another to the next level. What else....besides Joanna lookin' like a teenie-bopper, is wrong with this new one??

brown_dogg
02-11-2007, 12:40 AM
^^ the 360 version is too slow for me. i find the controls kinda choppy. i dunno man, the game just feels retarded. i tried the multiplayer hoping it would be great, but i was let down. the running is just way too slow. and there's a button to do a roll and stuff, but it doesn't work out so well.

Miliato
02-12-2007, 12:35 PM
the Plasma gun is dope to, you can tear shit up with that one