PDA

View Full Version : New X-Men Track by me, this is how you flip a sample kids

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-04-2007, 10:43 PM
http://www.zshare.net/audio/x-men-rough-draft-mp3.html

http://www.zshare.net/audio/x-men-evolution-mp3.html

1st i'd like to say this is dont forget a tribute to the cartoon, not a set up for a regular hip hop track.

Lemme know, I had a few PM's telling me how much they loved the track, I would like to hear a few more opinions though.

I've basically taken alot of X Men samples and flipped them, tried to put a melody in the actual beat by playing them up and down on my keyboard, and then freaking out with the changing tempo ( even though i never actually changed the tempo).

i've always held myself back form posting shit on here, i'm paranoid about beat-steelers, but here it is.

Anyway if some MC can jump on this, do your thing.

westvillain
02-04-2007, 11:01 PM
Sorry dude, but I'm not feelin this at all. It sounds really muddled and low quality, and I don't like the drums. You need to try to actually have a drum pattern instead of just those two drum sounds repeating. Also you only used a really short part of the X-Men loop, which makes it really repetitive and boring. And the "tempo" switchups are annoying to me. Honestly I kept waiting for the track to escalate into a more complex beat because the whole beat sounds like an intro, but it never happened.

I'm sorry if that was harsh, but I hope you can take it for what it is--which is constructive criticism and not "hating." peace

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-04-2007, 11:12 PM
, and I don't like the drums. You need to try to actually have a drum pattern instead of just those two drum sounds repeating.

first thanks 4 your opinion, 2nd I knew someone like yourself would say this. Listening to your myspace, the sound you go for is the exact sound i am trying to keep as far away from as possible, so its all cool. I like to experiment try new shit that not everyone will feel, you like to stick to set guidelines and be safe, so theres no hate, its just 2 different paths.

son there is no drums there, i dont know what your hearing, but I didnt put in a drum pattern, its all samples.

Its not a straightfoward beat, people wont like to hear this, but any monkey can pick a piano loop, a hip hop drum loop, and make a "hip hop" record, i'm bored of doing that, its easy. I don't expect all people to like it.

westvillain
02-04-2007, 11:33 PM
first thanks 4 your opinion, 2nd I knew someone like yourself would say this. Listening to your myspace, the sound you go for is the exact sound i am trying to keep as far away from as possible

It's cool if you're trying to be different but it's still gotta sound good homie and to me this doesn't. I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel, I'm trying to continue the tradition of ill hip-hop that I grew up on while adding my own originality and flavor.

If you don't like my style and you're trying to be different that's fine, I feel you, but you don't have to be so self-righteous and uppity about it (like the name of this thread). But whatever, keep doin your thing and building. peace

and for the record that piano loop was chopped carefully into 16 parts and sampled from something that even some of the craziest crate-digging addicts will never hear in their lives.. not just "any monkey" could do that

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-04-2007, 11:42 PM
and for the record that piano loop was chopped carefully into 16 parts and sampled from something that even some of the craziest crate-digging addicts will never hear in their lives.. not just "any monkey" could do that

I wrote that b4 i even clicked your myspace link. But I knew that you would be making songs with piano loops. Not that theres anything wrong with that.

The title was tongue-in-cheek, I think ppl dont get that sometimes, of course i'm not in any position to teach how to sample, yet.

Don't forget, i made this in like 10 minutes, its a rough draft, I may add to it i may not. Yes, it sounds muddy, distorted, but I like that, it sounds warm to me.

And also dont forget, I wasnt making a hip hop song here, it was for a "Cartoon Compilation" album., so I thought it would be cool to devote the entire song to sounds form the X Men show and opening titles, to make like a tribute to the Cartoon , rather than a simple four beat loop.

pablobaluba
02-05-2007, 03:05 AM
hmm...it doesn't impress me either....there are just some flipped samples....and they don't make me feel anything special
this would work nice as an interlude or something like this...an intro ;) then it'd be ok, but as a track i don't think it will work

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-05-2007, 11:23 AM
ok thanks again 4 the hate lol, but pablo you make similar beats as the other guy, I dont know for sure but i'd guess you not into j dilla or new madlib type beats (like block rock), whereas I dont try to sound like them they have more of an influence in how I go to make a track.

Last_Chamber2008
02-05-2007, 11:32 AM
it's not even that... I'll be honest, tha part where you're sampling of the anthem is ill (I've said this before).. but how you put it together.. if you don't know how to jump from one note to the next with samples correctly.. don't try it... and I see where you're saying that there's no drums because it cuts off in that part of the sample where it sounds like a hard clap... but other than that, I respect how you're trying to create a style. I would suggest that you practice with that track though... or maybe I could do it over and add a little darkness... it's all on you tho..

Big Risk
02-05-2007, 11:35 AM
this is retarded lol. I dont understand how you flipped it.

Last_Chamber2008
02-05-2007, 11:39 AM
Here's my suggestion... use this same loop for the main note of the track.. and then around the 30th - 28th bar, cut it somewhere and flip it in reverse where it will sound monstrous.. but speed up the tempo...

The Ghost
02-05-2007, 11:43 AM
I don't see why this is getting so much hate I actually liked it.

Complex
02-05-2007, 12:18 PM
LOL @ the title of the thread... So this is how u flip a sample? I like how u tryin to sound different, but this aint even a beat..

You gotta put more than 10 minutes into a beat, cause it will be obvious..
Put some time and effort into it and im sure the results will be better.

Peace

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-05-2007, 12:55 PM
I don't see why this is getting so much hate I actually liked it.

thank u, i think people are getting hung up on the title "this is how you flip a sample", I was bound to get shot down with that. To the postitve people - thanks for your input

but 2 others, I have never come in this forum and ripped on another persons beats, even though there are a lot that i really don't like, personally, if I were ever to post a comment on someone else's work, it would be of know use to me to critisize it, I would only post if I liked it.

I can only think of sinister reasons 4 the hate, otherwise don't comment at all, it's no benefit to anybody to come out and do that. You don't think that I could come with a ton of shit to critisize what you are doing? Of course I could, but I dont!

Big Risk
02-05-2007, 12:57 PM
why do you care what we internet goons think?
\
u mad?

CID DIGITAL
02-05-2007, 01:07 PM
I really like the whole idea. I used to do this same shit with tape recorders back in the day. Believe it or not.

What woulda been dope is if you would fill it in now with some abstract noises as subs for a drum cadence. idk..thats just my opinion. Its great for a structure but it needs some more sounds to fill it in.

Everything is set up great though. I just put this shit on the second rotation now. I havent heard anybody get this experimental in here like this before.

Thanks for the listen. I always wondered what your music sounds like after I seen your set up in my beat making thread.

big up.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-05-2007, 01:46 PM
I really like the whole idea. I used to do this same shit with tape recorders back in the day. Believe it or not.

What woulda been dope is if you would fill it in now with some abstract noises as subs for a drum cadence. idk..thats just my opinion. Its great for a structure but it needs some more sounds to fill it in.

Everything is set up great though. I just put this shit on the second rotation now. I havent heard anybody get this experimental in here like this before.

Thanks for the listen. I always wondered what your music sounds like after I seen your set up in my beat making thread.

big up.

Peace, oh yeah i remember that thread, yeah this was done on my ASR10, thats it though man, i'm just playing about with stuff, people are saying "its not a real song" and all this but i'm just trying to do something different 4 ya ears!

CID DIGITAL
02-05-2007, 01:57 PM
Keep on doin that shit. It was inspirational to hear that x-men shit. I forgot all about that type of style.

LORD ZERO
02-05-2007, 03:45 PM
I Like Da Direction Its Going In.....but I Know These Samples Can Be Flipped Better Than Dat Nah Mean, Like Complex Said, Gotta Pur Time Into Your Beats

Lil' Ruger
02-05-2007, 08:20 PM
wow.........

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
02-05-2007, 08:24 PM
LOL @ the title of the thread... So this is how u flip a sample? I like how u tryin to sound different, but this aint even a beat..

You gotta put more than 10 minutes into a beat, cause it will be obvious..
Put some time and effort into it and im sure the results will be better.

Peace

what my fam said lol

this was pretty bad

nothin else needs to be said lol

02-05-2007, 09:04 PM
yeah this was done on my ASR10

what a shame....

oDoUoSoKo
02-05-2007, 09:13 PM
i sampled this theme soooo long ago....i called it berserker barrage...and was gonna put the converastation from clerks in this shit...maybe ill up it lata..

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-05-2007, 11:11 PM
, but this aint even a beat..

what a shame....

And what do you call "a beat"? Sun go keep on buying you Mobb Deep sampled loop drum pack offa eBay and get outta hear. What you don't think I could just buy one of those drum sample packs, find myself a a stereotypical string or piano loop and paste it all together in Fruity Loops?

hahahh, fuck outta here, show me something you have done creative, show me, and Complex I checked out you shit, bro, you aint even in a position to be throwing around what you consider to be "a beat", believe me. Youv'e heard ONE of my tracks, 1, I have over 400 cooked, youv'e heard 1, i've heard many of yours and nothing changes.

LORD ZERO
02-05-2007, 11:19 PM
^^^are you serious w/ dat statement?.....w/ dat beat u just subjected to the forum?.......400? -DEAD- DATS ALL YOU DONE? and in how big a timespan?

CID DIGITAL
02-05-2007, 11:40 PM
All I know is that ya'll niggas cant see me. Cant C me.

02-05-2007, 11:48 PM
And what do you call "a beat"? Sun go keep on buying you Mobb Deep sampled loop drum pack offa eBay and get outta hear. What you don't think I could just buy one of those drum sample packs, find myself a a stereotypical string or piano loop and paste it all together in Fruity Loops?

hahahh, fuck outta here, show me something you have done creative, show me, and Complex I checked out you shit, bro, you aint even in a position to be throwing around what you consider to be "a beat", believe me. Youv'e heard ONE of my tracks, 1, I have over 400 cooked, youv'e heard 1, i've heard many of yours and nothing changes.

I call a beat something that actually sounds like a beat

What i heard from your one track was some badly looped shit

if you better why would you represent yourself so poorly?

02-05-2007, 11:50 PM
And if you're so nice why are you so concerned with what people have to say on a forum? why don't you humble yourself and maybe you'd get some honest feedback

Because honestly if you're using a ASR-10 to make this kinda quality........no comment

I could care less what you personally think I use or do, but I do know my shit actually sounds like a beat while your shit sounds like some poorly looped easily done bullshit

take it how you want it

CID DIGITAL
02-05-2007, 11:52 PM
Damn, his whole shit turned out bad. It was a cool project but words got in the way and now look at things. This is homies first audio drop and look at the feedback. By reading Ghostlaced's post , I was really looking forward to this.

Too much talk about this project is what killed it.

02-05-2007, 11:53 PM
What killed this was his own arrogance when he really can't back up any of his statements

02-05-2007, 11:59 PM
man i had to go back & listen again.....lmao you honestly think that slowing and speeding the pitch on a part of the xmen theme song and adding a few audio clips is making a beat? lmao

aww man....and you're talkin about my shit....lmao

the best thing i could say is that you're good at compiling audio clips and using a simple function on the ASR-10 that a braindead monkey could do

CID DIGITAL
02-06-2007, 12:00 AM
I hate to say it but, you are right. Thats true right there. I was thinkin that after I read the first post but then I opened the track and tried to give dude the benefit cuz you never know what he coulda did with that. seeing what he did do with it though ,yeah, he was sellin wolf tickets.

So many ppl pointed it out though. You know?

02-06-2007, 12:01 AM
i want to hear all these 400 other beats

i wanna see him prove us wrong, since he's so gifted

LORD ZERO
02-06-2007, 12:03 AM
word 2 dat........how could u screw ya own rep over on here by sayin u made dat beat on HARDWARE i coulda did a better job 4 years ago than dat w/ dat sample.......and tzu knows how i sounded 4 YEARS AGO lmao

LORD ZERO
02-06-2007, 12:05 AM
and hell yeah tzu, i wanna hear these "400" beats he has as well

Complex
02-06-2007, 12:35 AM

I call a beat somethin u construct and put effort in to.. You said it ya self, u made this shit in 10 minutes, and it is wack as fuck.. What do u expect? Why even post this bullshit? If u really usin hardware to create this "beat" I feel sorry for u, cause I could flip somethin better than this in 5 minutes with the casio keyboard my little cousin has.. I would suggest humblin yourself quick, cause you lookin real arrogant right now...

I was only bein honest with my opinion, If u dont want feedback, dont post ya wack ass "beats"

Real Talk

pablobaluba
02-06-2007, 02:32 AM
but 2 others, I have never come in this forum and ripped on another persons beats, even though there are a lot that i really don't like, personally, if I were ever to post a comment on someone else's work, it would be of know use to me to critisize it, I would only post if I liked it.

I can only think of sinister reasons 4 the hate, otherwise don't comment at all, it's no benefit to anybody to come out and do that. You don't think that I could come with a ton of shit to critisize what you are doing? Of course I could, but I dont!

wrong...we think differently, at least I.

i will try to comment and give advices as much as possible, even if it's not my style of beat or a bad beat. that's why it is a forum. to get opinions and to try to improve yourself. of course some advices are also wrong, but anyone has its opinion

if i would have comment only the beats i liked, then...my posts in this seciton would have been, less than 40% of the actual number
peace

later edit: i just read that you said complex' beats are wack..or something like that...lmao

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-06-2007, 10:35 AM
if you better why would you represent yourself so poorly?

I have nothing really to post here as I don't make hip hop right now I do electronic beats (as ive said be4), Aphex Twin type stuff to make it easy 4 u.

I find it funny though that your going after this beat that was clearly labelled "rough draft" , which if you don't know means it's a BASIS for a future work, a template 4 a possible track. Yet you go at my throat like its the worst thing you've ever heard. Which I know that it isn't.

Sorry 4 defending myself, but i'm not stupid, I know the basis is there 4 a good song, the samples and clips i've got are very good, i just need to organise the song better.

Memory Man
02-06-2007, 03:56 PM
I know the basis is there 4 a good song, the samples and clips i've got are very good, i just need to organise the song better.

wow, i have way too much time on my hands. i just reworked your track and threw an extra p vocal over it. i use the alias alan alldat for things like this...

everything other than the vocal, including drums, came from your mp3.
i just did this for fun, not to try to show you up or anything. i was just bored. peace.

http://download.yousendit.com/C9441B8B28D8B1C9

02-06-2007, 04:38 PM
I find it funny though that your going after this beat that was clearly labelled "rough draft"

I find it funny that you're telling cats this is how you sample and all you did was change the pitch a few times.

Yet you go at my throat like its the worst thing you've ever heard. Which I know that it isn't.

Trust me it's close enough

Sorry 4 defending myself, but i'm not stupid, I know the basis is there 4 a good song, the samples and clips i've got are very good, i just need to organise the song better.

Do all you have is big words and excuses?

I mean goddamn you talk all this shit then u basically back down making excuses for yourself...why are you wasting our time? It's called Show & Prove but then again why do you even care about what some cats on a internet board think? And don't try to say you don't because if you didn't you wouldn't of wasted time posting this and replying to everyone. You've got a long way to go

02-06-2007, 05:39 PM
wow, i have way too much time on my hands. i just reworked your track and threw an extra p vocal over it. i use the alias alan alldat for things like this...

i just did this for fun, not to try to show you up or anything. i was just bored. peace.

you should really REALLY take notes from this cat

MF Herbs
02-06-2007, 05:44 PM

LMAO!!!!!!! somebody make this thread a classic or something.. Im rollin ova here.. He chopped your chops and made em better.. OMG.. and by way.. where you get that acapella from?? lol..

LORD ZERO
02-06-2007, 05:59 PM

now THIS is how u flip a sample dunny

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-06-2007, 06:19 PM

lolll its practically MY beat!, hes just thrown an accapella over it which always makes it sound alot better

check it, this is my latest version (posted B4 this cat btw)

The Ghost
02-06-2007, 09:10 PM
here's my version.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/infek-d-m-xmen-mp3.html
That shit is the fire!!!!

CID DIGITAL
02-06-2007, 09:21 PM
Good god SPoken!!!!!!! jesus!

12weLvE
02-06-2007, 09:57 PM
Ouch this is actully preety bad...sorry dude. Keep woking on it..

12weLvE
02-06-2007, 09:59 PM
here's my version.

MUCH much better than the track originally posted on this thread...thanks for refreshing my ear. :thumbup:

LORD ZERO
02-06-2007, 10:04 PM
here's my version.

HOLY FUCK
SICK SHIT
LACE D NEEDS TO TAKE NOTES ON DA REAL FROM CATS WHO REALLY GOT EXPERIENCE IN THIS FIELD

I WAS GONNA SNATCH DA BEAT AND DROP MY OWN BUT NOW AFTER HEARING THIS......ITS UNTOUCHABLE LOL

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-06-2007, 10:16 PM
here's my version.

thats real nice shit right there, props TO SPOK3N, you hit it right on, obviously alot people must like the sample to keep flippin it

i think my newest version holds up 2 it though, considering I used no outside sounds from an X Men cartoon, no added drums.

i'm liking how this heated debate is bringing out some hottness from other people

PEACE

LORD ZERO
02-06-2007, 10:33 PM
thats real nice shit right there, props TO SPOK3N, you hit it right on, obviously alot people must like the sample to keep flippin it

i think my newest version holds up 2 it though, considering I used no outside sounds from an X Men cartoon, no added drums.

i'm liking how this heated debate is bringing out some hottness from other people

PEACE

ALOT BETTER MAN, SAMPLE ARRANGEMENT IS MORE ON POINT NOW

G...
02-07-2007, 10:30 AM
Spokens version smashes everything beat-wise, Count Lace-D - I was impressed with your first effort musically, wasn't a beat as such, but would've make a nice interlude for the cartoon rap compilation. You final cut is a layed out more like a beat, but to me it lacks the artistry the first one had. PEACE

Emperor Bohe
02-07-2007, 05:59 PM
oh my god.

FrenchShin
02-07-2007, 06:10 PM
i dont understand why people keep justifying the way they make a beat.

MF Herbs
02-07-2007, 06:42 PM
another day... another beat.... :sighs:

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-12-2007, 04:38 PM
Count Lace-D - I was impressed with your first effort musically, wasn't a beat as such, but would've make a nice interlude for the cartoon rap compilation. You final cut is a layed out more like a beat, but to me it lacks the artistry the first one had. PEACE

thanks bro, that was what i was going for, just an interesting little thing

peace

GHOST DISCIPLE
02-13-2007, 05:12 AM
lolll its practically MY beat!, hes just thrown an accapella over it which always makes it sound alot better

check it, this is my latest version (posted B4 this cat btw)

Damn, you're second version was actually worse than the first one. How can u call that a beat? And where are the drums? LOL

Hellspawn
02-13-2007, 05:57 AM
here's my version.

shit is dope...for real!

peace

Emperor Bohe
11-11-2007, 11:33 PM
yo, someone needs to reupload the first beat. it was classic! :lol:

destrucreate
11-12-2007, 04:27 AM
Mother fuckas
I know I fuck mothers
I just checked out this whole thread to find out every fuckity fuckn beats expired?
Who bumped this?
Honestly

nmerec
11-13-2007, 07:02 PM
man speaking of epic sampled shit,my homie deacon from cunninlynguists sampled star wars on a track back in like 2000-2001 and that shit had to be the illest hip hop shit using star wars ever,if anyone got it out there let me know,im searchin for it

Snake In Eagles Shadow
11-14-2007, 05:09 PM
LMAO, oh shit...this nigga got bombarded hard son,lol......i haven't even heard the beats and i feel bad for dude.....but on some real shit, don't post shit on forums and not expect feedback, whether it's good or bad....and if it's bad than you must be doing something wrong and should take the CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM and make yourself better!

p.s. but you don't have to take my word for it, i'm no beat maker.....haha

Emperor Bohe
11-13-2009, 12:26 AM
who got the original beats still? i gotta rehear this...i remember it was some classic shit.