PDA

View Full Version : atom and yin-yang

Civilison
02-05-2007, 10:17 PM
the basic particle of matter is the atom which is negatively charged by the electron and positively charged by the proton.

and at the fundamental division of physical reality is a basic split of opposites just as the ancient chinese said - yin and yang.

and they would always say that the yin and yang is the most fundamental activity in the universe just as the atom is the most fundamental activity in the physical universe.

the atom is charged by negative and positive energies - so scientifically described.

thoughts?

Prolifical ENG
02-06-2007, 10:51 AM
I guess thats a neat way of looking at it. It is hard to explain physics by the yin and yang, but to prove that the ancient fundamental can still be applied today, that could be true even with science.

The Yin and yang can describe things easier in life such as how can someone experience glory when they haven't experienced its opposite?

On the other hand, many things in the universe can't exist without its opposite. We wouldn't be able to respire without plants doing photosynthesis. Most chemical reactions in science wouldn't occur if it wasn't for Yin and Yang. If reactions only went in one direction, the universe would be a lot more random.

froth
02-06-2007, 11:25 AM
its interesting to apply metaphor to science. if you like looking at it that way, feel free. subatomic particles like quarks and whatnot end up complicating matters from just showing a duality. but hey, aint no love without hate, as they say

WARPATH
02-06-2007, 03:48 PM
I can dig it.

But instead of thinking of it as positive and negative(negetive having a "negative" connotation by the very nature of the terminology) think of it as being checks and balcances.

one side keeps the other in check, until you have balance. Now apply that to your life, science, nature........

LHX
02-06-2007, 04:34 PM
it does get complicated

neutrons
quarks

and the fact that protons can be broken down, but electrons cannot (at this point)

froth
02-06-2007, 04:36 PM
still im all for people developing their own cosmology and philosophy

so long as it isnt just moronic racism

LHX
02-06-2007, 06:22 PM
still im all for people developing their own cosmology and philosophy

so long as it isnt just moronic racism
there needs to be more of it

ive never met a table of correspondences that didnt tickle my insides

WARPATH
02-06-2007, 06:51 PM
^^man take it back, that's so gay.

LHX
02-06-2007, 07:02 PM
how about

"that didnt make my insides tingle"?

the silencer
02-24-2007, 09:12 PM
i'm reading this book right now called The Tao of Physics by Fritjof Capra..i STRONGLY recommend it to all of u..

it shows the connections and similarities between modern physics and Eastern philosophy/religion/mysticism...

shit is incredibly deep....it gives u a physics lesson and helps u comprehend it with words of wisdom from the Tao Te Ching or Bhagavad Gita..

the writer has a PhD in physics and he is able to explain the basics better than the previous books i've read (Hawking's Brief History of Time and Greene's Fabric of Cosmos) especially relativity and the stuff about time as the 4th dimension...

LHX
02-24-2007, 09:33 PM
The Tao of Physics is on the list of approved reading at LHX Academy

the silencer
02-24-2007, 09:43 PM
LHX, have u read his other two books?

i heard Turning Point is really good as well..

LHX
02-24-2007, 09:46 PM
no i have not read the other books

perhaps i will have one of my assistants read them for me