PDA

View Full Version : For Sun Tzu, Complex, CID?, B Sword,

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-06-2007, 11:01 AM
http://www.zshare.net/audio/758crackflowerbed-mp3.html

http://www.zshare.net/audio/elasticriddems-mp3.html

You wanted to hear if I had anything else, this is my real hip hop, I stopped doing this type of production recently due to commitments, but this is the type I used to do. Second one is just an example of me cutting up and reorganising (which is fucking hard to do on asr 10!)

CID DIGITAL
02-06-2007, 12:20 PM
Crackflowerbed is nice but the other one was on some bullshit. Just my opinion.

MF Herbs
02-06-2007, 12:56 PM
Crackflowerbed is nice but the other one was on some bullshit. Just my opinion.

...dead

LORD ZERO
02-06-2007, 01:03 PM
First Beat Was Nice, Took A Bit Too Long For Da Drums To Come In

2nd Beat........how Could U Ruin A Sample Like Dat......chopped All Off Beat And No Transition Whatsoever

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-06-2007, 01:17 PM
lol 2nd was just offbeat goodness, iv'e still got the vinyl so I may go back to that one, but I still love it, ill admit though i was trying to copy dilla with that one.

MF Herbs
02-06-2007, 01:21 PM
First Beat Was Nice, Took A Bit Too Long For Da Drums To Come In

2nd Beat........how Could U Ruin A Sample Like Dat......chopped All Off Beat And No Transition Whatsoever

lol 2nd was just offbeat goodness, iv'e still got the vinyl so I may go back to that one, but I still love it, ill admit though i was trying to copy dilla with that one.

..dead .. again..

imbrator
02-06-2007, 01:25 PM
whut up all
the first one is ok
the 2nd one the sample such as da drums re tight
the problem , the sample is bad looped

thoz re ya best beats eva done ???

keep doin ya thing thing and respect the feedbacks

peace Fam

pablobaluba
02-06-2007, 01:30 PM
wtf ???? sorry man...i don;t like the first at all (almost). it's chaotic to me. i don't like that sound like a siren. and i think it also has some drums (very low volumed) that really don't match the beat

imo the 2nd is better. it seems you have worked more on it....but it';s distorted as fuck ...i think it's probably cause of the zshare or i don't know what, cause i dont' think you made it like that. anyway, i still don't like it
no offence
peace

later edit:

the problem , the sample is bad looped
why do you say that? i think the loop is ok, i didn't notice anything

Complex
02-06-2007, 01:36 PM
Ayo honestly, I dont see much of a difference with these beats.. You still usin the same formula (loop 2 seconds of sample, and thats your whole beat)
There is no effort in that shit..

You gotta understand u brought this on yaself, talkin bout "this is how u flip a sample", and then I peep ur shit and it sounds like a cd that is skipping.. lol

Seriously tho, you got potential to improve just try some different methods to ya shit.. The criticism should only make u better.. but take it how u want

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-06-2007, 01:56 PM
...but it';s distorted as fuck ...i think it's probably cause of the zshare or i don't know what, cause i dont' think you made it like that.

nah its cus these were all made bout a year ago back then i didnt know how to record into my computer properly without clipping

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-06-2007, 02:01 PM
Ayo honestly, I dont see much of a difference with these beats.. You still usin the same formula (loop 2 seconds of sample, and thats your whole beat)

thats why I went i went on2 other things, but thats hiphop man, DOOM been doing the exact same shit for years, you hear the original samples he used 4 his beats, they are EXACT copies of his beats, he didnt do nothing but loop a 3 second sample, its all about finding the sample. But I started as an MC back then so all I wanted was an easy loop to ryhme ova.

pablo, u don't like the siren>? then thats just a matter of personal preference, I happen to like the siren, so....

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
02-06-2007, 04:47 PM
Listened to the first beat, it's ok but nothing spectacular. The drums were weak sounding and off beat...And when you try to bring ya other chops in around 47 seconds, you didn't chop them too good because i can hearthe hi hats already in the sample clashing with the ones you added yourself...you gotta learn how to do live programming better or just sequence it...because alot of ya shit is off

As for the second beat...I love the sample....fuckin hate what u did with it for the simple fact that its not sequenced right...it has no rhythm...if u timed that shit right that would be a bangin beat...also turn the distortion down because its too loud

You were talkin all this shit but ya beats are just barely ok...it sounds like u just copped a ASR10 thinkin that having a vintage synth keyboard will automatically make you 10 steps ahead of "FL" producers or anybody else but it sounds like you have a LONG way to go...

The reason I am being so harsh in criticising your work is because you were talking out of your ass in the other thread...don't try to school cats who know more than you trust me...keep workin on elevating tho

PEACE

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-06-2007, 05:07 PM
don't try to school cats

PEACE

man you got a brick up your ass or something, Iwasn't trying to school anybody wtf u mad just cus i made one thread title that i didnt even think about, it was more of a joke title "this is how you sample" you feel insulted or sommet?

I think that 2nd beat went over some peoples head, the whole reason its good is because of the loop, i couldve looped it simply, standardly, but i worked it different, youre hating on it 4 the exact reason i think its good. :)9:(

My personal opinion is this, a hip hop beat doesnt need alot of work, if you find the right sample to loop - THERE IT IS, sometimes you dont even need to add drums, chck out DOOM or old RZA samples to know that.

anyway i'm done with this --

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
02-06-2007, 05:13 PM
man you got a brick up your ass or something, Iwasn't trying to school anybody wtf u mad just cus i made one thread title that i didnt even think about, it was more of a joke title "this is how you sample" you feel insulted or sommet?

I think that 2nd beat went over some peoples head, the whole reason its good is because of the loop, i couldve looped it simply, standardly, but i worked it different, youre hating on it 4 the exact reason i think its good. :)9:(

anyway i'm done with this --

you forgot the other part "don't try to school cats who know more than you trust me" its obvious you think you know what you're doing but you really don't in reality

lol i could care less but imma still let u know wut I think, you posted it on a forum you obviously wanted feedback and whenever someone gives u feedback you seem hurt by it its really sad

Its funny you keep saying stuff like its not ya standard shit, and that you're trying to be different etc etc...son you still have to loop it so that ITS ON BEAT AND ACTUALLY HAS A RHYTHM THAT'S FOLLOWABLE, and btw there's nothing about that beat that goes over anyone's head...it obviously screams offbeat loop that sounds like some knockoff doom beat (you want an opinion, you got it)

You need to work on some of ya definitions of abstract because you got it completely twisted

and stop crying when people give you what you came here for, an opinion

if you weren't so abrasive then you wouldn't get met with the same shit back

again these are just my thoughts, since you seem so hurt by them pay me no mind...but you won't catch fans anywhere, online or off if u attack them all and try to call them stupid because they can't "see your vision"

LORD ZERO
02-06-2007, 05:27 PM
Hes A Newbie Actin Like A Pro......plain And Simple

Big Risk
02-06-2007, 06:03 PM
All yall WWI cats are tight, but lay off the cat. I called his shit retarded and dipped out. just leave it at that and let the guy do his thing.

just dont do ya thing here eh?

CID DIGITAL
02-06-2007, 06:29 PM
I'll tell ya this. I just got a ton of new sound packs and its on. You hear me Ghostlaced? On. Like a pot of grits mf.

Oh yeah, for those that dont know. I'm Infinity. I got that thread called "watch the beat drop" and you bout to see some great things in it. Thats a promise.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-06-2007, 07:04 PM
^yeah man. lol @ big risk -doesnt have enough of a real life for people to rip on so he turns to the internet :/

i don't wanna get all serious about this, we're jsut posting beats on a forum, I just do it 4 fun, I play in a band 4 fun, non of my music is my money maker (yet mofos) 4 FUN! But I enjoy arguing sometimes so whatever.

Lil' Ruger
02-06-2007, 07:17 PM
my name is the shaksula the mic rula the old skoola..........

why didnt u malke and ATHF beat? duh.....

CID DIGITAL
02-06-2007, 07:25 PM
cuz muhfuggin danger mouse beat that horse already. duh.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-06-2007, 07:31 PM
thats exactly why, plus i really wanted to do a song with the sound of wolverines metal claws slashing together.

Last_Chamber2008
02-07-2007, 08:25 AM
My personal opinion is this, a hip hop beat doesnt need alot of work, if you find the right sample to loop - THERE IT IS, sometimes you dont even need to add drums, chck out DOOM or old RZA samples to know that.

Yeah, but RZA slices his samples up "mostly" on point. A hip-hop beat (trust me) takes at least 45 - 1hr to complete. A repeated loop and a here-and-there switch up on tha sample isn't enough. That just tells everybody that you're a beginner at this shit. I respect what you're trying to do but you have to detail how you want your shit to sound. Just try this... find a classical song, find 3 parts of that song that you wanna chop... practice flipping that sound and learn how to arrange it where it'll flow into tha next melody... take some time off and practice, you'll get it..!!

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-07-2007, 09:13 AM
A hip-hop beat (trust me) takes at least 45 - 1hr to complete. A repeated loop and a here-and-there switch up on tha sample isn't enough. T

Man i've got songs that have taken me days to complete! But everyone has there own pace, if i'm in the zone I can cook up 3-4 different tracks a day, i've already done 2 beats that use no samples (synth) at all since I last posted.

pablobaluba
02-07-2007, 09:44 AM
Yeah, but RZA slices his samples up "mostly" on point. A hip-hop beat (trust me) takes at least 45 - 1hr to complete. A repeated loop and a here-and-there switch up on tha sample isn't enough. That just tells everybody that you're a beginner at this shit. I respect what you're trying to do but you have to detail how you want your shit to sound. Just try this... find a classical song, find 3 parts of that song that you wanna chop... practice flipping that sound and learn how to arrange it where it'll flow into tha next melody... take some time off and practice, you'll get it..!!

that's what i was also saying others some time ago...you should work more on beats
i said one time ....man, this beat took me 2 days....and they laughed...they said they are doing beats even in less than 10 minutes

CID DIGITAL
02-07-2007, 10:22 AM
Its crazy to think about a beat getting done in 2 min. Insane even. Maybe 30. Ya know.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-07-2007, 10:57 AM
I watched Rsonist from Heatmakerz make beat in less than 5 minutes. And it was dope.

CID DIGITAL
02-07-2007, 11:34 AM
I have a clip of that in one of my threads about beat makin or maybe I used it for a commercial in my battle rap thread. I seen that though and I seen other videos but then dudes sit all day , day after day , they better be able to get that done like that.

They pros though. And thats why. You can hear it in somebody's craft.

LORD ZERO
02-07-2007, 11:36 AM
Its crazy to think about a beat getting done in 2 min. Insane even. Maybe 30. Ya know.

word, 30 at the VERY LEAST
anything below that time is just pointless to bring publically

Big Risk
02-07-2007, 12:09 PM
^yeah man. lol @ big risk -doesnt have enough of a real life for people to rip on so he turns to the internet :/

i don't wanna get all serious about this, we're jsut posting beats on a forum, I just do it 4 fun, I play in a band 4 fun, non of my music is my money maker (yet mofos) 4 FUN! But I enjoy arguing sometimes so whatever.

wtf, im trying to get people to lay off your shitty beats and you attack THINE?

Visionz
02-07-2007, 12:12 PM
I can't get no muhfuckin sound out my Mac....like the soundcard just took a shit on me or sumthin. I haven't had the time to call customer service...fuckin bummer really, good thing I got the extended warranty, first days off in a while starting tommrrw................nothing to do with the thread, just saying....................btw when ya head gets too swelled its hard to walk thru doors

pablobaluba
02-07-2007, 01:00 PM
I watched Rsonist from Heatmakerz make beat in less than 5 minutes. And it was dope.
this are exceptions...there will always be
but 90% of the good beats have effort in them

Emperor Bohe
02-07-2007, 06:03 PM
The 2nd beat would be CRAZY if looped right. The 1st one's drums aren't that great. You got the potential though, keep at it