PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 wireless controller annoyance

ironwizard
02-07-2007, 03:57 AM
Am I the only one who is severely annoyed by the battery pack on the back of the wireless controller? I really feel like itīs in the way. Like I canīt spread my fingers all around it, my fingers get cramped. I tried the wired controller, and it felt much better, as there is nothing in the way of your fingers. I donīt want to get a wired controller thoug, as I donīt want to be limited by the wire.

Itīs really a shame, since it would otherwise be an almost perfect controller (the d-pad sucks as well).

That thing, and the noise coming from the disc drive are my only real annoyances about the 360. I still feel like I made the best choice by getting the 360 this gen.

But anyway, I just wanted to hear if anybody felt the same about the controller as I do. I was wondering, since I never seem to hear anybody complain about it.

Peace

Bloo
02-07-2007, 04:25 AM
Well I own one of the wired versions (I use it on my PC) and I thought t was fairly comfy. Interesting point though as I noticed when I was in Best Buy yesterday that the wireless 360 controllers sold in stores come with batteries. So if the pack is annoying you can always just use standard AAs.

ironwizard
02-07-2007, 04:30 AM
I am using standard AAs. Itīs the chamber that contains the batteries
that I feel is in the way. MS should just have went with an internal rechargable battery, that would make the controller both sleeker and more comfy.

Just wanna see if anybody feels the same way about it....

shaolinsword
02-07-2007, 07:04 AM
The wireless controller is annoying. The battery always runs out when I'm playing CoD3 online and for some reason when you press the guide button and the little screen comes up on the side the battery power is always low, although I've only just changed em

J-Cee
02-11-2007, 10:57 AM
nah i have no problem with it,u must have big ass fukin hands or something,i can still stretch my hands out over the battery pack on the back,the only thing that annoys me a lil is it running out of batterys when im in the middle of a game and then i find out that i have no more batteries in my fukin house.

absentMinded
02-11-2007, 01:09 PM
im constantly accidently hittin the start button, annoyin as hell

Thanatologist
02-11-2007, 01:21 PM
im constantly accidently hittin the start button, annoyin as hell

TRUE!

happens all the time when we are mashed and playing NHL 07...

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
02-11-2007, 02:30 PM
I have no issues and the recharger is great!

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
02-11-2007, 02:43 PM
i really need to get a rechargable battery pack for it cause the shit eat batteries like a motherfucker

but other than that i see no other problems

its the best controller out there

HANZO
02-11-2007, 03:57 PM
i aint got no problems with it, i think the 360 controller is the best out.

Tangaz
02-11-2007, 07:05 PM
Never having used a wired controller, I never thought about it. But now that you mention it, it would be cooler without the battery pack there.

The thing that really shits me about the 360 controller though, is the pathetic D-Pad! If it wasn't for that, I'd reckon it's the best controller yet.

brown_dogg
02-11-2007, 10:33 PM
i'm cool with this controller. i really like not being limited by wires. but i get where you're coming from, about how your fingers could get crammed.

shaolinsword
02-12-2007, 02:01 AM
you can sort the d-pad out if you don't mind taking the actual d-pad out an sanding around it to get rid of the extra plastic