PDA

View Full Version : Nas - Last Real Nigga Alive (Plot Analysis)

ThaGoldenChild07
02-09-2007, 01:29 PM
Aight i kno majority of peole hav heard this jam...so who knows wut up bout the WHOLE story behind all this like...Nas & Biggie beefing...Biggie & Raekwon..Puffy krakn Steve Stoute wit a champagne bottle...lol...ya know n other tru facts bout all this...gotta pay homage 2 Esco he says it himself
"Colliding wit big names that could've made ur career stop/All that n ya man's still here n he's still hot"

Chief 'Broom
02-09-2007, 01:37 PM
Nas and Biggie were in competition for album of the year - Rae had that skit on Only Built where Ghost was calling Biggie out for biting Nas' CD cover

UNCLE RUCKUS
02-09-2007, 01:37 PM
I dont think Nas ever really had a real beef with Biggie, there were only some discrepencies over the Kick In the Door beat; and the Ready To Die album cover but (Biggie responded on that song after Nas was calling himself the "King of New York") but none of that was really beef. It was more Ghost angry about biting the Illmatic cover and probably the problems were with Puffy not BIG really when hes talking "happy go luck ni99as wanna pop a lil champagne" and all that

Edgar Erebus
02-09-2007, 01:45 PM
But he said on that song it was the war, why would he oversize that when Biggie is already dead and while Jay-Z beef is dyin' out?

ThaGoldenChild07
02-09-2007, 01:46 PM
Ya mayb not real beef but subliminal shit...dam that last verse in the song is hot...i would say nas claimed victory wit that last bar

UNCLE RUCKUS
02-09-2007, 01:56 PM
Ya mayb not real beef but subliminal shit...dam that last verse in the song is hot...i would say nas claimed victory wit that last bar

Yeah definately subliminal
4 “Kick In The Door”

Produced by DJ Premier
DJ Premier Puff didn’t like that record. When I gave him the track he caught me on the elevator and told me, “This is not hot, Preme. I need something more blazin’, like ‘Unbelievable.’” I was like, “That shit right there is hot.” He’s like, “I need a Tunnel banger.” I said, “That’s a Tunnel banger.” He goes, “You ain’t hittin’ it like you used to.” That’s exactly what he said. I thought he was doing it just to fuck with me, because that’s when he really started traveling with security. I was like, OK, he just trying to make me feel small. But at the end of the day Puff is my man. Me and him is mad cool despite the fact that he did not like that particular track, and then when we did it I said, “I told you this shit was gonna be hot.” And Puff goes, “I told you I had to hear the lyrics first.” I was like, “Yeah, aight.”
Puffy I didn’t really like that beat at first. Once I heard Big’s lyrics on it, once I heard him rap, it made me like the beat, it made me understand where he was coming from. Because that’s the kind of relationship we had. You know, if I didn’t like something, he still had the freedom to try it. I would give him my opinion and most of the time he listened, but if he didn’t listen to it, it must have meant he really felt strongly. So this was one of those cases where he felt strongly on a joint.
Nashiem Myrick Nas said that record was for him, but when Big said, “Son, I’m surprised you run with them/I think they got cum in them, ’cause they nothin’ but dicks,” he was talking about Jeru the Damaja to Premo ’cause Jeru was going at Big and Puff and all them [with the Premier-produced “One Day”].
Lil’ Cease Big talked about Nas a little bit in that shit. It was the King of New York part, the last verse: “This goes out for those that chose to use disrespectful views on the King of NY.” That’s when Nas had that freestyle out, where he was like, “I’ll take the crown off the so-called King and lock it down.” That’s when Big had the cover of The Source, and it said, “The King of New York.” So Big was just addressing shit, but being indirect, ’cause that’s how he was with it. He wasn’t saying who he was talking about. Big was like, “I’ma address it. I’m not gonna blow it. He’s the only nigga that’s gonna know what I’m talking about.” Everybody else wouldn’t have got it, ’cause you had to really listen to the lyrics. You gotta listen to the indirect lyrics, indirect lines. Read between the lines.
Puffy Part of the song was meant for Nas but it wasn’t no real disrespectful shit, it was more like some subliminal mixtape shit. Nas was doing it. Wu-Tang was sayin’ shit on tapes. We were all sayin’ subliminal shit on tape, but it wasn’t to the point where, when we saw each other, we couldn’t give each other a pound and know that some shit was said. It wasn’t like no deep shit. It was more on some clever shit, you know? Like little clever jabs, so when you hear it, you’re like, “Ooh!” Like if you were the recipient, you would laugh at it, because it wasn’t having you all out on front street. Everybody wasn’t knowin’ about it. And you could damn near get with the person and y’all could talk about it, like, “That shit you said was kinda slick.”

RagnaroK
02-09-2007, 02:29 PM
oh i didn't know nas king of new york shit but everything was cool man they didn't even have to beef like today rappers they just throw jabs and claver shit that was classic you know

nas real nigga alive the beats is crazy never heard something like that props to the producers one of he's best track this last years for sure

ThaGoldenChild07
02-09-2007, 03:06 PM
4 “Kick In The Door”

Puffy Part of the song was meant for Nas but it wasn’t no real disrespectful shit, it was more like some subliminal mixtape shit. Nas was doing it. Wu-Tang was sayin’ shit on tapes. We were all sayin’ subliminal shit on tape, but it wasn’t to the point where, when we saw each other, we couldn’t give each other a pound and know that some shit was said. It wasn’t like no deep shit. It was more on some clever shit, you know? Like little clever jabs, so when you hear it, you’re like, “Ooh!” Like if you were the recipient, you would laugh at it, because it wasn’t having you all out on front street. Everybody wasn’t knowin’ about it. And you could damn near get with the person and y’all could talk about it, like, “That shit you said was kinda slick.”

Haha...a few rap icons juss throwin flows at each other 4 fun...sick shit

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
02-09-2007, 07:29 PM
Dope Thread But I Guess Everything Has A Lil Grain Of Salt In It

Jet Set
02-12-2007, 03:18 PM
4 “Kick In The Door”

Produced by DJ Premier
DJ Premier Puff didn’t like that record. When I gave him the track he caught me on the elevator and told me, “This is not hot, Preme. I need something more blazin’, like ‘Unbelievable.’” I was like, “That shit right there is hot.” He’s like, “I need a Tunnel banger.” I said, “That’s a Tunnel banger.” He goes, “You ain’t hittin’ it like you used to.” That’s exactly what he said. I thought he was doing it just to fuck with me, because that’s when he really started traveling with security. I was like, OK, he just trying to make me feel small. But at the end of the day Puff is my man. Me and him is mad cool despite the fact that he did not like that particular track, and then when we did it I said, “I told you this shit was gonna be hot.” And Puff goes, “I told you I had to hear the lyrics first.” I was like, “Yeah, aight.”
Puffy I didn’t really like that beat at first. Once I heard Big’s lyrics on it, once I heard him rap, it made me like the beat, it made me understand where he was coming from. Because that’s the kind of relationship we had. You know, if I didn’t like something, he still had the freedom to try it. I would give him my opinion and most of the time he listened, but if he didn’t listen to it, it must have meant he really felt strongly. So this was one of those cases where he felt strongly on a joint.
Nashiem Myrick Nas said that record was for him, but when Big said, “Son, I’m surprised you run with them/I think they got cum in them, ’cause they nothin’ but dicks,” he was talking about Jeru the Damaja to Premo ’cause Jeru was going at Big and Puff and all them [with the Premier-produced “One Day”].
Lil’ Cease Big talked about Nas a little bit in that shit. It was the King of New York part, the last verse: “This goes out for those that chose to use disrespectful views on the King of NY.” That’s when Nas had that freestyle out, where he was like, “I’ll take the crown off the so-called King and lock it down.” That’s when Big had the cover of The Source, and it said, “The King of New York.” So Big was just addressing shit, but being indirect, ’cause that’s how he was with it. He wasn’t saying who he was talking about. Big was like, “I’ma address it. I’m not gonna blow it. He’s the only nigga that’s gonna know what I’m talking about.” Everybody else wouldn’t have got it, ’cause you had to really listen to the lyrics. You gotta listen to the indirect lyrics, indirect lines. Read between the lines.
Hha, that shit keeps you on point. being creative with the subliminal lines. And it keeps you sharp listening and reading.