PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with '666'?

tajeco
02-09-2007, 04:30 PM
I didn't do a search because I want some up to date info. Is it made-up biblical stuff, or is there something to it? I saw someone saying Ronald Reagan was the devil or something because of '666' stuff. Numbers of letters in the name, and street address, and whatever.

But what about if you dial 'm-o-m' on the telephone, is she the devil because it's '666'? And 'o-n-o', as in Yoko maybe. (Some surface Beatles fans might say she broke them up, but George was through with it just as well, sometimes it's time to move on)

Me and my ex-gf one time were arguing and the taxi next to us was number ---666. She's also from a town in Osaka, Japan where if you call internationally, the number has a '666' in it. That girl did used to fight me however, hit me with all types of household items, said she'd kill me and all that. But we sorta worked it out.

I was driving listening to one of my favorite tracks, "Cold December" by Matt Costa, and the lyrics say "could I have failed to see, the signs in front of me, warning and flashing symbols, subtle and simple, I couldn't see". Just as he was saying it I noticed the car in front of me had a license plate that was standard issue ending with a '666'.

I saw a preview for the movie "Number 23", it looks kinda like this stuff. So anyways, I'm asking the question here, because most of you are a lot more well-read than me. Thanks.

Treazon
02-09-2007, 05:19 PM
lol thats a pretty creepy thing to happen.. but i think 666 is more tradition and superstition, atleast in the way its meant to symbolize the number of the beast from the book of revelation, goes in hand with religion so take that however you want.

since the way we see the world says the laws of mathematics rule everything in the universe, it shouldnt suprise you there are lots of coincidences with numbers. the laws are so thorough you could come up with millions of combinations of numbers that could possibly represent something. its mostly speculation and symbolism, something science and math dont get along with.

peace

Os3y3ris
02-09-2007, 05:44 PM
Its just Ceasar's (forgot which one) name written numeroligically. The last book is allegorical in nature.

Ultimate Fist
02-09-2007, 07:51 PM
I used to be paranoid of 666. Now I dont really take it seriously at all. I mean, Jesus promises to come back soon in Revelations. How many centuries has it been?

I've heard a few stories on it. It is either Caesar or I've also heard it may be a Kaballah number (Crowley said that.)

tostones
02-09-2007, 10:13 PM
peace

I remember reading that 666 was the hebrew transliteration for Nero (ceasar) coming from greek.

but also that some earlier texts have the number as 616.

peace

Memory Man
02-09-2007, 10:26 PM
http://www.rosaselvaggia.com/Aleister%20Crowley.jpg

froth
02-10-2007, 01:25 PM
you should read 'cosmic trigger' by robert anton wilson if you want to get into the whole 23 business. it seems like it was started by burroughs although it comes up less explicitly in Jmaes Joyce's 'Ulysses'. now theres a fucking movie about it. glad raw lived long enough to know it was being made

Memory Man
02-10-2007, 02:29 PM
you should read 'cosmic trigger' by robert anton wilson if you want to get into the whole 23 business. it seems like it was started by burroughs although it comes up less explicitly in Jmaes Joyce's 'Ulysses'. now theres a fucking movie about it. glad raw lived long enough to know it was being made

The first Cosmic Trigger is one of the best books I've ever read. Illuminatus is great as well. Rest in peace, Robert Anton Wilson.

froth
02-10-2007, 02:32 PM
no doubt, the first one is one of the best books ever

Mumm Ra
02-10-2007, 03:30 PM
18 breaths per minute is average and when one is most externalized & subject to emotions. 6+6+6=18. That's 25920 breaths per day, the same number in years it takes the north pole to trace a complete circle.
This is what I hear anyway, peace.

Ultimate Fist
02-10-2007, 07:57 PM
http://www.rosaselvaggia.com/Aleister%20Crowley.jpg

I'm reading Book 4 right now.

Civilison
02-10-2007, 10:23 PM
literally, in my life i've already heard of and read about a million interpretations of this number/symbol.

and, after all that information i still don't know what it really means.

one of the explanations that i liked is in METU NETER.

ra un nefer amen says that 666 relates to 6+6+6 which is 18.

18 is the number of breaths per minute which is the common pattern of breathing for a contemporary human being living in the stressful world that we live in.

a higher breath rate clouds the brains and makes us more vulnerable and out of control of our emotions.

and everybody knows that when emotions are out of control, things are no good.

anyway... slowing your breath down as in meditation (7 breaths per minute isn't a hard thing to achieve) will put your brain into a different wave and more coherent state of mind.

everything has been sped up here, even our breathing... everything gets overstimulated.

Mumm Ra
02-11-2007, 12:16 AM
I love how Ra Un Nefer Amen breaks down most things scientifically like that

shaolinsword
02-15-2007, 04:53 PM
I don't get this "666" business, does it refer to that number being the number of Satan? Or does it refer to mankind being the devil "666 is the number of the beast, for it is the number of man"?

Punch
02-16-2007, 01:32 AM
Its just Ceasar's (forgot which one) name written numeroligically. The last book is allegorical in nature.
It's Nero

ARRCIMEDES
02-16-2007, 04:24 AM
I READ THAT IT IS THE NUMBER OF A SPIRIT THAT LIVES ON THE SUN CALLED SORATH WHO IS IN FACT A SPIRIT OF BAD TEMPERAMENT. THAT BEING SAID THIS IS PROBABLY THE REASON WHY THERE IS A LOT OF NEGATIVITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE NUMBER '666'. TUPAC.
MAYBE IT IS PART OF A CURSE FROM THE SUN.
ANYWAY HIS NAME CAN BE WRITTEN IN HEBREW AND VERY OFTEN HEBREW LETTERS HAVE A NUMERICAL SIGNIFICANCE WHEN COMPOSING WORDS, AND THESE NUMBERS ADD UP TO A SPECIFIC VALUE OF SIGNIFICANCE. AS I DONT KNOW HOW TO TEST IT IN REALITY ICANT PROVE THAT HIS NAME IN HEBREW ADDS UP TO ANYTHING LIKE 666 BUT ITS A THEORY I MIGHT EXPLORE IN THE FUTURE.
http://www.poster.net/tupac/tupac-exodus-4900138.jpg
Ambition over Adversity
Take one's adversity
Learn from their misfortune
Learn from their pain
Believe in something
Believe in yourself
Turn adversity into ambition
Now blossom into wealth
http://www.rockagogo.com/image/big/LP0690-tupac-shakur.jpg
http://pacstheme.terramail.pl/filmy/above_movie3.jpg

ALLAHNDRZUWUNIGA
04-02-2007, 01:41 PM
http://forums.tortuga.com/viewtopic.php?t=628&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

tajeco
10-19-2008, 01:15 AM
I didn't do a search because I want some up to date info. Is it made-up biblical stuff, or is there something to it? I saw someone saying Ronald Reagan was the devil or something because of '666' stuff. Numbers of letters in the name, and street address, and whatever.

But what about if you dial 'm-o-m' on the telephone, is she the devil because it's '666'? And 'o-n-o', as in Yoko maybe. (Some surface Beatles fans might say she broke them up, but George was through with it just as well, sometimes it's time to move on)

Me and my ex-gf one time were arguing and the taxi next to us was number ---666. She's also from a town in Osaka, Japan where if you call internationally, the number has a '666' in it. That girl did used to fight me however, hit me with all types of household items, said she'd kill me and all that. But we sorta worked it out.

I was driving listening to one of my favorite tracks, "Cold December" by Matt Costa, and the lyrics say "could I have failed to see, the signs in front of me, warning and flashing symbols, subtle and simple, I couldn't see". Just as he was saying it I noticed the car in front of me had a license plate that was standard issue ending with a '666'.

I saw a preview for the movie "Number 23", it looks kinda like this stuff. So anyways, I'm asking the question here, because most of you are a lot more well-read than me. Thanks.

I have some more:
my wife's cell phone # has a 4662
her old credit card ended with 666
our new apt's Comcast # has 666 in it

Koolish
10-19-2008, 05:55 PM
16And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

(one score is 20, threescore is 60)