PDA

View Full Version : New Tek Stylez Beat ++keys Up++

TeknicelStylez
02-10-2007, 06:27 PM
This ones self composed ladies and gentleman

www.soundclick.com/teknickelstylez (http://www.soundclick.com/teknickelstylez)

TeknicelStylez
02-11-2007, 03:18 AM

dundundun

TeknicelStylez
02-11-2007, 08:31 PM
*sigh*

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
02-11-2007, 10:29 PM
beat sounded real nice, i liked the bass the most

PEACE

TeknicelStylez
02-11-2007, 11:10 PM
Good lookin out Sun

pablobaluba
02-12-2007, 03:29 AM
i don't like it that much. it's well worked, the bass is ok, but it's to simple..it needs more elements to do a track..or you can use it as an interlude, freestyle.
do u use samples or play the sounds by yourself

TeknicelStylez
02-12-2007, 01:18 PM
Thats me playing the piano right there, thats why it seems simple to you, but really the amount of keys I'm playing in this song is rediculous.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-12-2007, 01:29 PM
if you can't play the piano dont do it, this is coming from someone who can, but I still don think playing piano/keyboard on a hip hop track sounds good, even if you kno how to create a melody.

Creating original melodies on a piano sound is ONLY for the most musically talented people, it is very hard to do properly. You would be better attributing the rythem you created with the piano sound to a different instrument sound, it will come off better.

I'd reccomend sampling piano loops, they sound acoustically alot better than whatever you are using, plus youre more likely to find a better melody.

TeknicelStylez
02-12-2007, 01:32 PM
Ummm, I know how to create piano melodies, I've been doing it since I was like 7 when I taught myself how to play. The melody I played goes fine together and sounds perfect on beat.

EAGLE EYE
02-12-2007, 01:49 PM
I like it

TeknicelStylez
02-12-2007, 02:03 PM
Thats cause we both bang together homie.

I'M DOWN FOR THE GANG!!!

pablobaluba
02-12-2007, 04:48 PM
Ummm, I know how to create piano melodies, I've been doing it since I was like 7 when I taught myself how to play. The melody I played goes fine together and sounds perfect on beat.

yeah..it really sounds good together.i can't blame that, i don't know what count-lace-d wanted to say. i don't think he was reffering to this song. i opened it again. it sounds nice together. it's well worked. it's just a matter of taste. but anyway... there are not many that can do what you did...to play all sounds on piano. congrats. (me neither :) )

if you can't play the piano dont do it, this is coming from someone who can, but I still don think playing piano/keyboard on a hip hop track sounds good, even if you kno how to create a melody.

Creating original melodies on a piano sound is ONLY for the most musically talented people, it is very hard to do properly. You would be better attributing the rythem you created with the piano sound to a different instrument sound, it will come off better.

I'd reccomend sampling piano loops, they sound acoustically alot better than whatever you are using, plus youre more likely to find a better melody.

yeah. you're right. it's very hard to play piano. but...you were reffering to you? when you said "this is coming from someone who can" ? cuz what i/we heard from you doesn't look like proffesional beats. there were even some mistakes. (i'm not hating)
and i don't agree with this "I still don think playing piano/keyboard on a hip hop track sounds good". there are plenty of pianos in hip hop that sound GREAT...for example the "soldiers of darkness" beat. but i think i misunderstood you. you were probably trying say something else. btw, i'll show you my last beat if you want (private), where i used samples and also added a piano and bassline made by me. and even a flute. and imo they sound great...
peace

TeknicelStylez
02-12-2007, 04:55 PM
Thanks P

I definately disagree that you can't work piano into hip hop, you'll hear Rza rippin it on self composed joint alot.

CID DIGITAL
02-12-2007, 05:04 PM
Piano is perfect for hip-hop. I'm looking to chop up some classical this week. Tek , this was a good track. I think you put way more into than just rippin off p-funk and I'm proud of you for that. I opened the track and then smiled like a proud dad watching his only son that made it.

TeknicelStylez
02-12-2007, 05:10 PM
Yea the P-Funk joint was just cause I loved that first 15 seconds of that GCPF joint, and I wanted to rip over it. Wasn't really presenting it like LOOK AT THIS GREAT BEAT I MADE!

CID DIGITAL
02-12-2007, 05:17 PM
Wouldnt it be wild if say , Deck or U-God hit you up an was like "ayo , let me get this beat" ?

Not this beat specifically but just any beat made by anybody who makes beats in here.

That'd be somethin else.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-12-2007, 05:21 PM
yeah. you're right. it's very hard to play piano. but...you were reffering to you? when you said "this is coming from someone who can" ? cuz what i/we heard from you doesn't look like proffesional beats. there were even some mistakes. (i'm not hating)
and i don't agree with this "I still don think playing piano/keyboard on a hip hop track sounds good". there are plenty of pianos in hip hop that sound GREAT...for example the "soldiers of darkness" beat. but i think i misunderstood you. you were probably trying say something else. btw, i'll show you my last beat if you want (private), where i used samples and also added a piano and bassline made by me. and even a flute. and imo they sound great...
peace

nah piano on hip hop beats is mad played out. its done and dusted. Havoc did it how it should be done 4 the hardcore, thats it, done.

And I know YOURE gonna b insulted by this, because you use piano on the track i heard of you, but you asked the question.

TeknicelStylez
02-12-2007, 05:25 PM
The piano is just one of many great instruments in a beat makers arsenal

02-12-2007, 05:28 PM
nah piano on hip hop beats is mad played out. its done and dusted. Havoc did it how it should be done 4 the hardcore, thats it, done.

pssssh

pablobaluba
02-12-2007, 05:31 PM
The piano is just one of many great instruments in a beat makers arsenal

and it's the basic instrument!

And I know YOURE gonna b insulted by this, because you use piano on the track i heard of you, but you asked the question.

i'm not insulted at all. really. but i still don't get what you're trying to say :|...
i'll go back in time...
what about dj premier? he used the best piano sounds ever in hip hop. his pianos are ...bad? or what do you mean by played out?
and another example, completely other style and time i bring to you is dj muggs with the grandmasters? he used plenty of pianos in that and imo that;s a classic...it sounds sooooooo well put together.
you don't like these album either? cuz then...that's a matter of taste and that's ok...but i think i don't get what you;re trying to say

TeknicelStylez
02-12-2007, 05:33 PM
I think he's only talking about self composed piano melodies

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-12-2007, 10:06 PM
but i still don't get what you're trying to say :|...
i'll go back in time...
what about dj premier? he used the best piano sounds ever in hip hop. his pianos are ...bad? or what do you mean by played out?

do u not know what played out means?

02-12-2007, 10:22 PM
there's nothing played out about pianos...fuck outta here

Lil' Ruger
02-12-2007, 10:29 PM
count D is mad cuz no one liked his X-men beat and he had top do it over like 5 times and he cried at night over it plain and simple.

Visionz
02-12-2007, 10:29 PM

And I know YOURE gonna b insulted by this, because you use piano on the track i heard of you, but you asked the question.how's gettin thru doorways workin out for you lately?

there's nothing played out about pianos...fuck outta herefo'real, its like sayin drums are played out......the possibilities are infinite

the beats nice Tek, though I think it could use some more texture in the sound to help fill it out, what's there is real good

Lil' Ruger
02-12-2007, 10:33 PM
there's nothing played out about pianos...fuck outta here

c/s dudes mad about all the hate...on him.....when it was just critisicsm.

TeknicelStylez
02-12-2007, 11:41 PM
lol that x-men beat was horrible

CID DIGITAL
02-12-2007, 11:56 PM
The very first X-men "beat" that he posted was tight cuz it left a lot to work with. It was a good skeleton. I thought of all kinds of ways to fill it in but it aint mine. He didnt have to act like he was comin through with some doper skiller though. He was sellin wolf tickets on that.

Since he started posting beats then I have taken his opinion a little more lightly now. Before he was posting beats he came through on a lot of good convo that not many ppl was knowledgable about. idk...

I'm just sayin....that first X-men beat wasnt garbage. And when that other cat came through with the X-men beat in that thread ......well that shit was classic.

Tek, when are you gonna be rappin again?

pablobaluba
02-13-2007, 03:20 AM
do u not know what played out means?
i know what played out is...but i thought you was trying to say something else....because it's.....i have no words to say the piano is played out...like someone here said...it's like saying the drums are played out. man...the piano is the BASIC instrument. if you want to teach someone music lessons, you'll start with a piano...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d7/Player_piano_keyboard.jpg/180px-Player_piano_keyboard.jpg http://members.dancris.com/~bfraser/etc/octave.gif

Hellspawn
02-13-2007, 05:50 AM
^^LOL at the pics :)