PDA

View Full Version : drugs

Civilison
02-10-2007, 05:27 PM
peace to the forum,

there's been a lot of talk about drugs here lately. it's a topic of personal interest to me also but there is certain things that i would like to particularly point out and ask around.

first of all, it is my belief that human beings are by nature meant to have psychedelic experiences. even naturally as the brain manifests different waves and states of consciousness we are altered and natural psychedelic states are reached - i.e. dreaming.

all cultures all around the globe have incorporated some form of usage of psychoactive drugs. we all choose and have things we prefer. legal things play as much of a role as illegal - coffee, cigarettes, alcohol... and then other things that affect us mentally - sex, guns, ego etc.... things that get us affected because of the pleasure they give us.

so first of all, some general questions:

1. why do people/you do drugs?
2. what types of benefits do you believe there are?
3. what type of disadvantages?
4. how do you see the future?
5. anything else you wanna add on.

i think drugs get enough attention on a worldwide scheme to be motivated to learn things about them. things that positively educate us about what's going on.

peace

Os3y3ris
02-10-2007, 06:58 PM

To see and analyze and/or change whats going on in my head or to simply interact socially.

Understanding and/or altering the way you view the world. Increased social skills.

Various body loads and hangovers. Confusion. Dangerous behavior.

By smoking Salvia, hallucinating a few seconds ahead and then letting it loop me back to before I took the actions in question.

Oh... THAT. I'll probably quit drug use all together save alcohol.

AcidPhosphate69
02-10-2007, 09:25 PM

1. Well, I used to do drugs to experience new things. I especially like hallucinogenics because they, if taken with an idea of what you want, can take you anywhere. I used to like speedy drugs because they get you hyped but I'm not about that anymore, the only drugs I really do now are downers or alcohol. I do them because, honestly, I liked being fucked up as much as I like being sober and on point...you just have to know what moderation is.

2. I believe the benefits mentally can be almost limitless with certain things and a certain mindset. Obviously doing coke a lot is just gonna drain you pocket and prolly kill you. I mean, smoking weed can help you relax, open up, maybe enjoy being bored. Things like ecstascy will help you interact, lose inhibitions and be able to talk candidly with no fear of the consequences. It's all about knowing what you're trying to achieve with what drug.

3. The disadvantages could be disasterous and as limitless as the benefits. If you take drugs for granted and abuse them with no knowledge of what you're doing except getting fucked, you're eventually going to kill yourself or ruin your life. I don't really count weed unless you're retarded and spend all your money on it instead of bills. Drugs ARE bad and not respecting that fact will get you into deep fucking shit.

4. The future? I have no idea. Nobody can say for certain. I plan on being more of a pothead and less of a pillhead/alcoholic but that depends on my actions in the present and what I do to make that happen.

5. Drugs demand respect and fear. If you do not respect the lethality and grave dangers of some drugs, you won't realize how bad you've fucked up until it's far too late. Be careful people, do what you do but keep in mind that no substance is worth ruining your life over.

Urban_Journalz
02-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Peace Civil

Question 1-------

I agree 100% that mankind was meant to experience altered states of consciousness, so you could definitely say it's in our nature to seek these substances out. Also, I think that the majority of people who take pyschoactive substances do it in order to provide a temporary escape from this realm of consciousness. I believe the heavy state of euphoria while 'high' also keeps people coming back for more of whatever got them there as well. I only experimented with psychotropics and when I first started to experiment with these substances, marijuana to be specific, it was because of the same reason. I was stressed and needed a bit of an escape. As time passed though, I became more of the kind of person who preferred to think, walk, create and relfect when I was 'high', instead of just play video games or have sex as a means of expression. The first time is the most vivid still. I got up and left the session without sayin' much more than, "I'm goin' for a walk, I'll be back." Of course, never to return, well, not that day. I walked a few blocks down to the area of the neighborhood that had a peaceful scene to it. Trees, green grass, birds sigin' and all that good stuff. The only way I can describe this feeling was to have been at one with nature. It was as if I tapped into the silent yet thunderously powerful consciousness that was nature's own constant euphoria that I was unaware of until just then. Since I don't believe in coincidences or luck, I took this feeling to mean that A: A feeling so deep and beautiful couldn't possibly be wrong and B: That there must be a safer way for me, us, to harness these experiences and use them for the advancement of ourselves and eventually, mankind. Always a fan of martial arts, I began to sutdy the internal aspects of Kung-Fu. Chi Kung being the one tha that has my full attention. Other cultures, like India's Kundalini also stress an internal technology in all humans as well.
Finding out what these various technologies did once tapped into, led me to believe that ancient peoples were capable of truly marvelous things just based on concentration and practice alone. So I said to myself, "Self, imagine just one puff of marijuana along with practices like this." So, personally, I use psychotropics, marijuana, kava kava, blue lotus, etc. as tools for my own personal spiritual realization and cultivation. I don't go out and buy something just because it might alter my perception. I study it. History, properties, testimonies and everything in between. This cultivation goes well beyond mere meditations and exercises. The DJ sessions I have and the beats that I produce with this kind of consciousness in effect goes from magnificent to what some may call unbelievable.

Question 2--------

The benefits that can be derived from the respectful and orderly (by the practitioner's strong will. not by a government's say-so) fashion are as limitless as they are profound. A lot of people demonize anything that alters one's state of mind and perception.
This is because the majority of people are ignorant to any psychoactive substances past those that can kill you after the first try. I know, anything done too much can kill you, but stay with me here. One of the advantages that lie within people opening their minds to this, is that right now, people are more inclined to read and find out exactly what makes them human. If a group of people who is familiar with psychoactive substances, preferably the safer ones, psychotropics, were to get more press, write more books, get newspaper articles and, dare I say, a segment of the news dedicated to them, more people would begin to question exactly where the properties that are in street drugs actually come from, and what would happen if all the poisons from the street drug were removed and just the psychedelic properties were left. A cocaine head would begin to study the coca plant, etc. Social skills would definitely hit an all time high as well. Provided everyone, or at least the majority were using these gifts in moderation and not being stupid about it. It's crazy though, I think if we were exposed to the positive and benficial side of psychedelic experiences the way were exposed to who's marryin' who and where they're havin' their child, mankind would begin to rediscover who we were before we allowed all of these distractions to take over.

Question 3--------

The disadvantages lie in the morons among us. The fools that will want to take it just to take it. Then they'll mix it with anything they can find, go out and kill somebody, then your beloved whatever has now been dubbed "illegal." Overdosing is of course a major factor as well, because everyone's body is different and sometimes people can scare themselves to death while on a bad trip, simply by thinking too hard. So I guess the real disadvantage is stupidity that's found a way to get high.

Question 4 -------- The future really depends on how mankind chooses to exist. Either as zombies or as masters and guardians of the soil upon which we walk. The former being our current state and the latter being our original destiny. Personally, I think the future is a bit brighter than most see it, because more and more people, younger people, are starting to study where we come from as humans. The traditions and practices that were lost centuries ago are being dug up by a lot more people who have a nagging feeling that maybe the ancients knew something we don't. One thing is certain, the future looks bright for people with TRUE knowledge of self. All others are lost.

Question 4--------

Everything that's psychoactive isn't bad for your health either. In some cases, they actually help to build your immune system.

Civilison
02-10-2007, 10:01 PM
some good points in all of the responses! this is a topic a lot of people know lots about.

slasher:

i'd like to know which specific drugs boost up our immune system.

maestro wooz
02-10-2007, 10:36 PM
so first of all, some general questions:

peace

1) I started smoking weed two years ago and i started just to try it, i was 17 and had never done it before basically. I didn't smoke much for awhile but several friends and i began to smoke more and hang out smoked up alot more- video games, tv, the usual. It can be very relaxing and a great bonding experience with friends. It enchances your senses allows for better appreciationg. As i began to smoke i realized it was no coincidence that it was called getting "high". Sometimes when you're up in the clouds you can look down and see the scenery a little better. I can't lie that i also abuse it, but it's not all munchies and madden.

Pills, coke, heroin, all that junk, i dont fuck with any of that shit. I don't plan on ever doing them more then just trying it out once. That shit's not cool.

Psychadelic type drugs are a different story. I robotripped last night and it was amazing. I haven't had extensive experience with them, but every time it was planned and careful it was a great time. You can have crazy visual and moments of beautiful mental stimulation. I also did have a not so good experience with shrooms and it did mess up my mind state for a little while. I recommend being safe with them, don't put yourself in a bad situation where you can't just sit, relax, and enjoy them. You're really fucking with your mind so any bad influences can leave marks. Of course also make sure you're being safe with anything and don't use them often and especially don't abuse them. It's wierd stuff, too much wierd is not good.

I don't consider alchohol a drug although it's very similar. I don't drink regulary, i think it's something to party with. Prefer the green much more.

2) The benefits of drugs can be an higher state of awareness. Sometimes being "out of your mind" allows you to step back and see how everything looks. Some people are gonna be predisposed to abuse though so they can be dangerous. Even so, the biggest stoners are usually nice guys and fairly appreciative of life.

3) The disadvantages can be developing an unhealthy addiction and unsettling your mind. You are messing with your mental state so it's important to always be careful and safe with it.

4) The future could unfold in several ways. I could see drug use becoming accepted as more and more generations come to find that you can use drugs and still be able to succeed and they find the advantages to it. It won't and shouldn't happen soon, but i think 20 years or so down the road we should look to being able to lessen the laws on weed and other natural drugs so that moderate use is legal. I'm not sure what will happen with psycahdelic drugs, the answer is not legality because the hippies were not a logical answer. I think they should remain illegal cause it shouldn't be easy to fuck with them.

There's also the realistic chance that the governments of this world never comes to accept them. What we really need is stoner lawyers and congressman. Vote Wooz in 2040. We also need for there not to be a globalist military industrial complex aimed at controlling the people type thing. If the world can keep moving towards democracy, the laws will come to reflect the people eventually.

5) SMOKE THAT SHIT! Drug use can be very positive and help you out, but it's important to be aware of what you're doing and not to abuse it. Be safe and don't let it take you over. If you can smoke buddha and succeed that's the best of both worlds.

Urban_Journalz
02-11-2007, 02:05 PM
some good points in all of the responses! this is a topic a lot of people know lots about.

slasher:

i'd like to know which specific drugs boost up our immune system.

Not drugs per se, just plants really.

A few are Ashwagandha, Kava Kava, and Calamus Root.

Ashwagandha, though it has a simulating effect on the nervous system, is also used in Tanzania as a safe narcotic and tranquilizer. Aside from helping the body fight different types of stress, it maintains proper nourishment to the bones and tissues. Also, it supports the function of the adrenal glands and reproductive system for men and women.

Calamus Root was very popular among a few Native Amerian tribes for fighting pain and faituge. A section of about 2" was taken for this reason and a section of about 6" was taken to, "Travel great distances without leaving the ground."

Kava is probably the most popular. It's not only treated urinary tract infections, headaches, hyperactivity in children and insomnia, but it also has the same effects as valium, without the side-effects.

WARPATH
02-11-2007, 02:20 PM

I used drugs heavily when I though it made me smarter, deeper, wiser, whatever. I thought my brain was stronger with them.

Now, if I ever decide to use drugs it's just to help relax, but I have other ways of relaxing too.

Pain relief.

Pain relief

Through meditation, dreams, and ancient tribal lore.

Winners don't use drugs.

Civilison
02-11-2007, 06:16 PM
slasher,

i remember when kava kava supplements were pulled off the canadain shelves here. i don't know if kava kava is otc/supplement in the states?

Civilison
02-11-2007, 07:33 PM
does anybody here have experience with dmt?

Frontal Lobotomy
02-11-2007, 07:56 PM
Anything made in a lab is toxic to the body. If you wanna trip balls, just take shrooms, peyote, Salvia or any of those things. Far cleaner, no groggy after-effects and you can relax safe in the knowledge that the body can flush it all out naturally. All them mind-altering lab substances tend to permanently alter the chemistry of the brain. With natural stuff there's a decent chance it won't effect the brain too drastically in the long term (if taken in moderation).

All that being said, I only smoke weed now. Maybe have some shrooms in the summer when the weather is good and I feel like chillin outdoors, losing myself for a while.
Why? Because I like growin, and smokin weed. I don't wield any social pretensions about doing so, I think a lot of people feel that way. The only shame is it being illegal, them potheads need to get outdoors, stop blazing so damn much and lay off the video games.
Benefits? It works wonders in pain relief and as a sedative, studies have shown that people with tourettes have a reduced rate of nervous ticks and have am all-round calmer mindset also, not to mention the commercial useage of hemp, which you should look into if you haven't already.
Disadvantages? I can't speak for other drugs because I genuinely believe most of them to be a detriment, and are used to exploit the people, while filling the pockets of those who care little for the well-being of the masses.
The future? Of what, drugs? Well, it works out better to take 100% profit than say 10% in what would be made in taxation of the substances, so yeah, bummer. How do I see my own future? I don't, not to say I've no idea of what the future looks like..
Additional words? reading books will free the mind more than any substance can. Oh yeah, and the world needs to use hemp a lot more.

Civilison
02-11-2007, 08:01 PM
wise words are being said

Civilison
02-11-2007, 08:07 PM
pain relief seems like a common thing being said here.

physical pain
mental pain
emotional
spiritual

LHX
02-11-2007, 08:31 PM
drugs are situations where rare substances are refined in comparatively high dosages

just remember - when things go where they dont belong, something has to occur to balance that imbalance

a lot of times, when it comes to drugs, it involves taking the person who ingests it back into the ground

you can develop a lot of insights when you expose yourself to dramatic imbalances
but if you choose to do that
you must also understand that you are taking the responsibility of figuring out a way to balance that scale

("i do bad - but only when im mad good - to stay balanced" - ghost, fast cars)

Urban_Journalz
02-11-2007, 08:54 PM
slasher,

i remember when kava kava supplements were pulled off the canadain shelves here. i don't know if kava kava is otc/supplement in the states?

True. That came from a few nations in Europe relating that excessive Kava Kava consumption was related to liver problems. This is still up in the air though. I'm not sure about it's status in the states, except that it's not deemed to be harmful, but it's under suspicion.

I think the liver problems come from excessive use too. The islanders who consume the drink usually do it maybe once every 3 weeks or more, which is why they're o.k. I think.

thelion1856
02-12-2007, 12:17 AM
I work at a rehab facility and the number of people who go there to get off drugs and alchy are crazy. I see what these people go through and it makes me not want to be like them someday.

Now some of you might say fuck you drugs are "cool and social and expand my mind." but i garuntee you in the end it will fuck you up.

Now i dont give a fuck if you use drugs but this is just my opinion so just take note.

to answer your questions...
1. I use to smoke weed on a daily basis but as i grew older it fucked with me more. It got to the point i was getting anxious/paranoid all the time.

2 & 3. This is tricky and is dead on point though. There are only short term benefits of drug use. The long term effect IS ALWAYS AND WILL ALWAYS BE NEGATIVE. the short term benefit is, it might get you layed if you use with a girl, it might make you feel good, give you that "nice buzz". But in the long term you will look back and see 5 years gone by, and your still where you were 5 years ago. Still in school if not dropped out yet. Still working that shitty 9 to 5 and still making jack shit money where your buddy who quit a long time ago or never got into drugs is making some good money working for a nice company with benefits 401K and everything else. It will depress you over the long run.

4. Dont know what you mean but if your saying by using drugs you can see the future, i disagree. It mightgive you a different perspective on something but you cant see the future on drugs.

5. For all you who smoke weed on a regular basis or use drugs and alchohol on a regular basis, take a look at yourself. I garuntee at least one of these describes your life......

A) you are unhappy or even depressed
B) you are poor or make very little money (maybe a bit more than minimum wage)
C) you have thought of suicide at least once in your life
D) you are struggling to make ends meet.
E) the list goes on....

Now all this comming from someone who thought i'd smoke weed all day everyday til the day i died. Im telling you, you aint seen shit until you been working in a rehab and see the same junkies come in again and again. it will definitly make you think twice about getting caught up in shit like drugs.

Just my 2 cents.

ypu cant get anywhere in buissness if your mind is fucked up and u hung over. Look at the list of rappers/famous people who do not use any sorce of drugs or drink any liquor at all what so ever for any reason. all straight edge all successful....

50 Cent (when 50 signed to aftermath dre and Em made him go clean. 50 has not touched any weed since and has not had a single drink since even before signing to aftermath as he claims. he is still drug & alcohol free)
Dr Dre (dre was the first of most rappers to do the straight edge thing Ever since during the 2001 recordings to present dre has not used any drugs or drinking nothing.)
Eminem (dre cleaned him up before the beguining of recording the marshal mathers LP. Em has been clean of Extasy, weed and Alcohol since but switched over to pill popping instead.)
Donal Trump (donald only drinks at some not all social events and never has more than one drink if even that.)

supremecharma
02-12-2007, 03:06 AM
For all you who smoke weed on a regular basis or use drugs and alchohol on a regular basis, take a look at yourself. I garuntee at least one of these describes your life......

A) you are unhappy or even depressed
B) you are poor or make very little money (maybe a bit more than minimum wage)
C) you have thought of suicide at least once in your life
D) you are struggling to make ends meet.
E) the list goes on....

apart from B and D, yeah, thats true. Until i found religion............ :vroar:

snapple
02-12-2007, 10:34 AM

1. people do drugs for various reasons. Mainly because they are suffering though.
2. Depends on the drug, useually there really is no main benefit. There might be at first, but that fades.
3. Lose money, trouble with the law, making you shadey.
4. See the future? i'm confused.....2007 is gonna be an ill year....
5. Ive experimented but never abused, well i guess I "abuse" weed but not like i did in my younger days....just educate yourself before you fuck with drugs

DJMethods
02-13-2007, 11:28 AM

Just wanna say first.. Drugs are OKAY, drug abuse ISN'T. People gotta realise this shit. I gotta agree though, it doesn't hurt to have these experiences, you can learn more about people when they take drugs then any other thing in the world.

1. People do drugs to escape. They need to get outta reality, lifes too fuckin stressful 99% of the time.. Drugs give you a chance to get outta the world for a short period of time, which is what causes addictions - People turn to the shit cause they like the escape. They become dependant.

2. Benefits? there really aren't too many.. but it depends on the drugs. Weed, you can chillax. Pretty much it lol... As for pills (ecstacy, dunno if it's big there, HUGE here), it helps you open up. I was hooked on this shit for a while, I could sit there talking to mates about problems for hours. I'd work out my whole life in a 30 minute convo.. then the high leaves, and you're fucked. Makes you more depressed - In short, there are short term benefits for long term losses.

3. This ones easy for me. Did eccies, weed, speed, pills like subutex, rock.. most shit you can name. One day, had a "drug induced psychosis", ended up holding a mate hostage in my bedroom at knifepoint cause I thought he was tryinna stab me. Other disadvantages = DEPRESSION. Most don't realise because they're so high, but there becomes a dependance on this shit. You can't get happy without it.. Your life becomes the chase for the green.

4. Sorry to say ay, but the future is FUCKED. Go back 30-40 years ago, and everyone was smokin bushies. Nowdays all I smoked was hydes, literally, the weed here is AMAZING. They were discovering all these mental disabilities from smoking BUSHIES, which is PURELY THC... Now we've got hydro.. Which has all sorts of chemicals in it, fuck, no one even knows EVERYTHING that goes into it. Some cunts lace their shit with fly spray. Also Eccies...... there is no "formula" for that shit. You don't know, and it's a new drug. Give it another 15 years and watch all the people completely FUCKED for a few hours of high.

5. Just wanna add... I ain't anti-drugs. I smoked, popped, snorted, everything. I smoked every day, all day (literally) for 6 years straight.. I'd be a hypocrite if I was against drugs. But, I'm against drug abuse. Seen so many cunts fuck up from it, best mate nearly died, mum nearly died, I nearly killed a mate, fuck.. you just can't understand the bad effects it can have till you've lived through it. Everyone thinks "it won't happen to me"... But all it takes is one pip, one cone, one pill... and you're fucked FOR LIFE.

Peace

Civilison
02-14-2007, 09:46 PM
I smoked every day, all day (literally) for 6 years straight.. how did that affect you?

EAGLE EYE
02-14-2007, 10:02 PM
I used to enjoy walking out in the woods during the springtime to sit on a moss covered rock and smoke a bowl. This was at the house I grew up when I was younger.

It kind of a nice change smoke by yourself and listen to nature.

DJMethods
02-14-2007, 11:02 PM
how did that affect you?

I know it was probably a bit long, but explained all that in the post.

Had a "drug induced psychosis".. Held a mate up cause I thought he was tryina kill me.. When I was much younger (13-14-15 years old) used to rob shops/people so I could get drugs/booze.. Worst of all, you don't know who your true friends are - Especially since I started dealing. EVERYONE wants on your cock, as soon as you stop.. never see them again (Probably still chill with 5 of my mates I smoked with, rest just met after I quit).

Worst of all... I looked back on my life since I started smoking. I was broke, no job, did nothing all day except chill around, hadn't used my decks in aaaaaaages, lost girlfiends from anger problems.. Now I've quit for something like 5 months: Already saved up over a grand, got a job, spend atleast 2 hours a day on the decks, got a classy girl who hates drug use, haven't been "mad" since I quit.. Travelled around Australia.. On better terms with the family.. Yeah, life picked up afterwards

Short term gain for long term loss

EAGLE EYE
02-14-2007, 11:10 PM
decks? u skateboard?

Tito_Para Enfrente
02-14-2007, 11:30 PM
i used to do drugs.. {bud only } 4 4 years straight 2002-2006 and now i dont blaze no more.. i felt good but if it is fucking my looks or game towards women then it has to stop.., anxiety attacks.. depression . yea i guess all those types of bud were bomb {stress/ some chronics } but i dont know i guess im looking somewhere else right now.. if i get a lady tomorrow truly on my nuts ..i would join u guys and spark a blunt i would come with a blunt. and be like damn life is good. > but since it hasnt happened.. up to date ... i cant blaze right now.. i think i would lose my mind more.. knowing .it is . eating me up slowly.. i miss it... but i think the rhymes are getting stronger.. so now.. im addicted to that .. than that of bud.. even though i love bud.. > that proves that music. is crazy .. at least hip hop // it is just showing me.. life isnt all about just smoking bud.. but living it. . and not let ur life be taken away > i will die someday.. and be like yea.. i inhaled. but look at me. now..i hope by that time i could say i was happy with my life.. if i could i would smoke. before i die.. if im still into that .. i want to go back to bud.. but i want to do other things first then .. i could see what happens.. // as of right now.. thinking that i may never blaze again.. that is scary.. > but weed .. u r not going nowhere. just think of it as a reality chick a break.. u will always be there. for me.. just like the way u made me start to write .. but then hip hop took it from there. so i cant say fuck u to bud. for now,.. i think it did its job.. if not its damage ..

DJMethods
02-14-2007, 11:31 PM
decks? u skateboard?

Nah bro, decks = turntables

Mumm Ra
02-14-2007, 11:41 PM
I used to enjoy walking out in the woods during the springtime to sit on a moss covered rock and smoke a bowl. This was at the house I grew up when I was younger.

It kind of a nice change smoke by yourself and listen to nature.

No doubt my best friend used to live in the middle of the woods...miss being able to do that, shit was beautiful.

Civilison
02-15-2007, 08:04 PM
yeah... i hear all of yous

being in the park all by yourself with a doobie is a nice thing. an mp3 player is also useful in this situation.

Urban_Journalz
02-16-2007, 03:55 PM
Since we're on the subject, y'all should listen to Bronze Nazareth's album while smokin', especially the DJs and Producers, but everyone for real. Good times.

Unique-B
02-16-2007, 04:41 PM
I don't need that.

Urban_Journalz
02-16-2007, 04:58 PM
No one "needs" it. That's just it. Everything is a choice. I'm speaking only to those who choose to enjoy such things.

shaolinsword
02-16-2007, 06:14 PM
To tell the truth I don't see the point in blazin' weed in the long term but in the short term I love doing it, I get to "escape" from my crappy job and my crappy life

Soul Controller
12-26-2011, 04:59 PM
Drugs, r bad mmmkay?